Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Aztec Edition
Deathwing Sub-Edition
In the last thread one user wanted to know when Xenos were going to be a thing, Land's pimpmobile is slowly becoming popular and got stats, an user talked about his dudes and another showed his mail, the thread went slightly Azetc with the Death Whistle and Rainbow Warriors, Rangda Xenocide better get more fluff, and much more in the last thread
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-500
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Legio Custodes

Second for Xana Transfers.

Did somebody say Xana?

What would you guys think about Heavy Bolters being an option for Legion Tactical Support Squads in the Troops slot, rather than a squad that takes up a Heavy Support slot?

they were meant to undertake missions were failure wasn't an option : their greatest victories were always against impossible odds and with no hope of reinforcements.

we know it's you Dorn

REVISED FISTIN LIST!
Onslaught Force Organisation Chart
HQ
Legion Chaplain
Artificer Armour, Solarite Power Gauntlet, Refractor Field.
Elites
Templar Brethren
5 extra members, Nuncio Vox, 10 combat shields
Champion W/ Solarite Power Gauntlet
Troops
Phalanx Warders
2 Plasma Guns, Vexila, Nuncio Vox
Sgt W/ Power Axe, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs
Phalanx Warders
2 Plasma Guns, Vexila, Nuncio Vox
Sgt W/ Power Axe, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs
Tactical Squad
5 additional men Additional CCW, Vexila
Sgt W Artificer Armor, Power Fist
Heavy Suport
Whirlwind Scorpius
LOW
Macro Cannon Aquila Strongpoint
4 additional Heavy Bolters (in the Main Strongpoint), Ammo Store (Main Strongpoint), 2 Barriers
Rogal Dorn

I believe somebody did say Xana. Why do you ask?
Anyway, we seriously need some transfers for that place. That lightning bolt animal skull emblem is a tad hard to fit on a regular Castellax, and really fiddly on even a Knight. Hell, the little cog-with-an-X symbol is hard enough.

Also, how would you make the colour scheme on the Lascannon Thanatar on the FW store? Want to make a Xana army but can't figure it out. Maybe Zandri Dust with layer Tau light ochre and washed heavily around the edges with Agrax, and lightly everywhere else.

Also, shift Scoria to the LoW slot already, and make him available in Reductor armies, FW. The man deserves it.

This Thanatar, if you're looking.
Also, make Scoria something that has to be represented on the model, so pe

#so no using a regular Magos as him. Convert an awesome DarkMech badass or dont use the awesome DarkMech badass, guys.

Anyone got that picture of Sarum and Mantilla helmets on MkII armour?

I'd get them myself but my internet's being shitty and taking ages to download the black books

One of my friends doesn't believe that the MkVII style helmets popped up occasionally

Lets do this.

Boooo pic for ants

That weapon on the giant robot reminds me of the plasma cutter for some reason

Cheers babe

I want Alpharius, Dorn and Scoria models.

Son, sometimes you have to wait. They'll probably come out somewhere between Book 9-12.

Well it is my headcanon, but that graviton thing is from when mankind had mastered graviton tech, and Dead Space's setting, set in the 2500-ish has mastered the graviton just like the electron. So yeah, that archaeotech is fom Dead space.

Did Legion squads ever deploy in mixed armor units? Would there ever be some mk IIIs suits in a tactical squad made up mostly of mk IVs.

I think it'd look awesome to see some mixed armor units. Be a lot more interesting too look at than a regular one, even if it might look a bit disorganized.

I could definitely see blackshields doing that, or legionaries that had been fighting for a long time so maintaining whole squads worth of the same suits would become hard

No my friend, it is me, Nrod Lagor, long-lost Primarch of the 2nd legion!

>Did Legion squads ever deploy in mixed armor units? Would there ever be some mk IIIs suits in a tactical squad made up mostly of mk IVs.
That's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very incredibly dumb question, user. The squad's not going to get in trouble because Brother Craig decided to wear mk2 in a mk4 squad. I'm sorry. Also what said.

>necromorphs, brother moons, and markers are all caused by the warp

I like this, I'm adding Dead space to my list of non-official 40k prequels, taking it's place alongside event horizon and the original doom series

yeah thought about that. would definitely be a thing by the time the "Mk V pattern" was "developed" since they had to start mix and matching suits just to get by in a few cases.

But "MkV pattern" was "developed" user

You aren't referring to non-production MkV are you user? Because that might start another armour autism war

And thatch certainly not what we would want, having just got over the MoM shittening...

awwww too bad

Well, I would imagine so.

Mark 3 is just Mark 2 with armour strapped to it, Mark V was made ad-hoc with whatever they could, and it and everything after it were made to be backwards-compatible with Mark IV.

Some people might say it's an eyesore, but unless they're randomly mixed without rhyme or reason there's no reason to complain. Even in "plain" squads the idea of the formation being ad-hoc legitimises mixed armour.

Space Marines use an absolute jumble of armour designs even within their own suit of power armour in 40k. One would imagine that back when they got suits shipped to them from an assembly line, they'd use the newer, "fresher" ones rather than wait until everything old had worn out or they had a big enough stockpile of the new ones to make the switch(es) overnight.

salamanders veteran squads can and do

Why don't the Reavers get brought up more? They liked to mix their armor with sub-patterns until they felt it was just right.

kek

No, because MkIII was usually reserved for Zone Mortalis actions.

MkII and MkIV make sense, though.

>The squad's not going to get in trouble because Brother Craig decided to wear mk2 in a mk4 squad.
Brother Craig, I am disappointed. Paint your helmet red in shame and never violate uniform regulations again.

Can I paint my armour in Sister of Silence blood for protection from psykers?

that remembrancer sketch make him looks like titus

Help me HHG, what legion shall I pick? I know, I'll not pick a traitor legion, so those, Dark Trai... Angels and Jiffys are out since I don't like these 2 at all. I have 2x the BoP Marine stuff sitting around as a cheap tactical base so I can put the teal money in some tanks and Leviathan Dreads of wich one should arrive next week since I had some money left over and was greedy as fuck about the sweet model, but I can't decide for shit.

I'd like to run tactical blobs with apothecaries, have some artillery sitting in the back pounding the enemy at range and at least 2 Leviathan dreads stumbling across the battlefield. What legion would you suggest that is most fitting with this idea of mine? (I'm not looking for the ultimate advice but some help to decide, but CC about the effectiveness of my "battleplan" is very welcome, too)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Are you sure we can't talk this over? What do you have to lose?
No. It doesn't work that way!
The irl artist used Mark Strong as her basis.

like about 14 legions could fit that description.
what does your heart tell you?

What you have described is quite literally Iron Warriors Ironfire.

>Help me HHG, what legion shall I pick? I know, I'll not pick a traitor legion, so those, Dark Trai... Angels
Come up with that joke yourself?

>No. It doesn't work that way!
Which bodily fluid is it then?

>I'd like to run tactical blobs with apothecaries, have some artillery sitting in the back pounding the enemy at range and at least 2 Leviathan dreads stumbling across the battlefield.

>mfw

(Also, Death Guard, and IH + Sallies).

Sounds like you want Iron Hands or Yellow Fists, but...

>the teal money
Tells me you're looking for loyalist Sons of Horus.

>Which bodily fluid is it then?
None of them. I mean there is a book the Murder Clowns had that had the skin of some SoSs on it, but Inquisitor Fancy Coat stole it. Also the Emperor wouldn't like that.

Maybe fists, but I don't like yellow that much and I don't wanna run pseudo IW fists like the user who posted his silver fists over and over.

Problem is: I'm not gonna play traitors ever.

Perturabo is that you?

yea, their colors look nice, but a lot of CC is not my thing.

>Problem is: I'm not gonna play traitors ever.

Loyalist IW user, there's quite a few of them around.

Does anyone else think that MoM is hinting that the Emperor is actually going to die?

The Sisters plug in 1000 psykers which is the same amount they used to have to sacrifice to the throne everyday.

The Astronomican isnt powered by Emps and I dont remember a reference to him directing it in the HH series.

Are you for real?

Playing a loyalist part of a later illoyal legion feels kind of wrong.

>but I don't like yellow that much
It is a nightmare to paint. (Without an airbrush).
That said, perhaps the spray can will make my life easier, or else that new concentrated paint can help me get a base paint that's the hue I like.

Honestly you should go with whatever legion's fluff floats your boat, and work the gameplay around the crunch that's out there.

Unfortunate if it's the incomplete legions you like, but of all of them, the Dark Angels are one where Tactical blobs are likely to be of some use, and not stand-out unfluffy.

>and I dont remember a reference to him directing it in the HH series
But isn't that what kept him confined to Terra after Magnus smashed open a mini-warp rift in Terra? And it's how Malcador dies too, when Big E leaves for like a day to go fight Horus.

Ain't bitter enough to be him. Just tired of the DAs are traitors joke. I don't know if they out-number the Ferrus head jokes, but I know they have been ran into the ground.
The man himself a long time ago said he guides it, and let me just stop. Just to look at this.
>Does anyone else think that MoM is hinting that the Emperor is actually going to die?
>Does anyone else think that MoM is hinting that the Emperor is actually going to die?
He's not going to die, just go on life support.

At long last, another Bitter Boy joins the fray! Had so much to do these past 2 weeks I couldn't sit down and paint.

Happy with the stripes. Ended up covering almost compteley the ones on the fists with the claws but fuck it, they're still rad.

Just need to base him when the glue is dry, leaving it overnight for now.

Sons of Horus

>Are you for real?
Yes...

They plug them in so Emperor can gt off the throne and fight in the webway. So if it can work then maybe thats whats holding shit closed now.

Im not saying it is. Im just worried that Retcon Library is hinting at this.

Looks nice, user. Maybe it's your lighting, but those lens could be a little brighter for my taste.
That's what you're getting at.
>Im just worried that Retcon Library is hinting at this
I won't be too worried, user.

That looks good user, if I had one tiny little thing to say, maybe wrap the hazard stripes all the way around the claw? I can't explain why, I'm just not big on the divide between the stripes and metal

But it looks really good user, nice work

>And thatch certainly not what we would want

Reavers made up a tiny minority of post-Istvaan forces, probably not enough to sway this futile argument.

>I don't like yellow that much
Just spray your dudes silver, give em a Nuln oil wash and paint a couple of vambraces yellow. It's tried and tested user, we'll know they're supposed to be IF.

>Ain't bitter enough to be him. Just tired of the DAs are traitors joke
Indeed, the question about their loyalty was answered ages ago, but I guess old habits die hard.
That's why nowadays I only make gay and illuminati jokes about them

Anyone got the Burning of prospero painting guide pdf/epub?

>Reavers made up a tiny minority of post-Istvaan forces, probably not enough to sway this futile argument.
Just saying.
Good man. It's funny how people forget that Traitor Marines hate the newer equipment because it's loyalist equipment and prefer to stick to what they know. The Dangles being loyalists get the new gear like other loyalists.

Congratulations on getting your Horus Heresy lore from 15 years ago.

Just some cleanup on the fists and you're set! Good job user, stay bitter.

You know you can just play Loyalist IW, right?

The painting is not the problem, I painted 40k IFs before, an airbrush is not really needed, but rather handy, I give you that. It's the color itself that I don't really like.

Fluffwise I like nearly every loyalist legion, except for doggies and DA, that is my exact problem right now. I've never been this undecided about this before, it makes me feel like a 16 y/o girl deciding between douchebag boyfriends... at least I imagine this feels the same.

>It's funny how people forget that Traitor Marines hate the newer equipment because it's loyalist equipment
It's not, and more than half of mars declared to horus
>and prefer to stick to what they know
Maybe. Subjective.

>But isn't that what kept him confined to Terra after Magnus smashed open a mini-warp rift in Terra?
No malc dies holding the webway closed during the end of the siege as far as the old lore was concerned. When Emps goes up to fight Horus.

The Astronomican is powered by the psykers of some latin named astronomican branch that die off to power it. The Emps just directs it I believe. I just cant remember that being mentioedn in the HH series is all. And if they retcon that then Emps doesnt actually have to be alive anymore. 1000 psykers sacrificed every day to keep webway shut. Astronmcan does its own thing. Imperial faith creates LoD and Saints.

I just dont like how easy it fits together.

Ok, another approach - have you read any of the novels? I really liked Deliverance Lost for ex, and that's part of why I picked Alpha Legion.

Is there any character or piece that really inspires you?

I do, but I don't like it.

Old lore mentioned that some Traitors realized what they were doing was wrong after Emps murderized Horus. This would not however change Fulgrim as he was date raped too hard.
I beg to differ.

Have faith /hhg/.

>I really liked Deliverance Lost for ex
For what?

>that the Emperor is actually going to die?

user, this is going to be a shocker but the Emperor has always been in a state of undeath, he barely lives and his life support is going down the shitter as he has been dying for the past 10 millenia. He is the CARRION LORD OF MANKIND, not the "sickly baron of humanity", I mean the fucker is a literal rotting skeleton.

for example, I abbreviated?

Or do you mean why I liked it? I just thought the guessing game of who was an infiltrator was pretty funny, it wasn't overdone and had some nice moments.

The marine next to the mk3 Word Bear. Why does he have a tube on his foot?

I want a retinue of Raven's Talon-equipped Tartaros termies to accompany a Forgelord, but the Tartaros lightning claws look lame compared to the Cataphractii ones. I'd use the Cataphractii ones but they come with the pteruges modeled on. Life is suffering anons, can you help me source some badass-looking lightning claws that will go well on the Tartaros chassis?

>proud of their own weapons
>doesn't use jetbikes and most of the shit they already useed before Dude where's my Land's Speeder
Differ back at you

just play with cataphractii, pussy

wtf? I hate bolters now!

No.

>mk3

TRIGGERED

But it's just a cable on many of the mk4 marines.

>sickly baron of humanity
Aww I want to give the Emperor some SCP-500, but those damn dark eldar captured it
scp-wiki.net/scp-500

do it

Just do a shoulder transplant, cut the claws at the elbow and glue them to the Tartaros shoulder.

>"sickly baron of humanity"
Wasn't that title taken by Mortarion, though?

>I mean the fucker is a literal rotting skeleton.
True dat.

Yep, I read Horus Rising, Angel Exterminatus and Know no Fear. I like Perturabos bitterness, but I never went illoyal or xenos since I started the hobby 17+ years ago. On the other hand not playing the knight in shiny armor and being the bitter asshole for a change sounds more and more appealing...

Lots of the Calth models do. It's a cable.

I'm talking about what they have nowadays. Should have mentioned that.
Good. You get this faulty plasma gun.
Why do they need a cable for their feet?

You could see if you could find the claws from the chaos terminator lord? Not much chaos iconography on them, and they're similar in style to cataphractii claws.

you'd probably have to cut them from the shoulder as they're indominitus obviously, but you get the idea

So /hhg/, what's cooler in looks.

A Warhound, or a Reaver?

And I play Word Bearers so should I get a Chaos or an unmarked variant of the bodies?

>illoyal
I like this word
>On the other hand not playing the knight in shiny armor and being the bitter asshole for a change sounds more and more appealing...
You can be a bitter asshole AND be the good guy.

>but I never went illoyal
Is English not your first language or do you just not like the term disloyal?

I liked Angel Exterminatus (the first half more than the second half), I liked how Kroeger just came across as this put upon everyman (every-marine?).

Reavers

Go normal but put some subtle chaos shit on them, the titan legions didn't go word bearer tier chaos-retardation until just before the siege

Good idea. I need 10 pairs but I'll see what China can do.

But loyalists use plasmaguns, user.

I want a Kaigun.

*swears in bitterness*

kek duh. Better ask him what is his original language rather than ask for the obvious. Also, I think the word you're looking for is "traitor"

They're cheap as chips on bit's websites, nobody ever gives their termi lords dual claws, that's just silly right?

I'm never going to disassemble him, he was my first ever model