/kdm/ - Kingdom Death General

Gamblers Chest and Changelog are not stretch goals edition

Old Thread: >wtf is kingdom death
A game by a company of the same name, released a few years ago. It has 12 expansions, and the core game is getting a reprint. It is on kickstarter now. kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

>how does shipping work
Game will ship out in waves, starting in 2017, and ending in 2020. Each wave will have its own pledge manager, and you will pay shipping for it once they are ready to ship that wave.

>how do addons work
Just increase the amount you are pledging by the cost of the add on. For example, if you are backing at the $50 level, and would like the First Hero expansion ($35), you would leave your pledge LEVEL the same, but change the pledge AMOUNT to $85.

>do I need both the core game and the update pack?
The Kickstarter is to fund a new edition of the game. If you get the game through the Kickstarter, it will have the update pack already included. If you already own the core game, you need to by the update pack to make everything compatible.

>do I need the update pack to use new expansions?
We don't know yet, but that may be the case. Either way, there are no levels you can back at that don't include either the update pack, or the updated core game, so any base pledge you get will be compatible with the new expansions either way.

>what is the gamblers chest
A box that is basically a grab-bag of minis and variant rules. Adds classes and a new mechanic tied to a 5th player character. There is one additional major mechanic it adds that we haven't seen yet. The contents of the box are already decided, Poots is just revealing a random item from it each day. The rolls are not tied to the amount of money raised in any way.

>FAQ from BGG
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monster-15-kickstarter-faq

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!rIVnEIJa!zuaLaQKX_WBUOL_MrxKImbwIsrHI71L5cy1ZP91q_QI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Continuing dump here, you can find the others in the old thread.

#
>THE CONTENTS OF THE 1.5 UPDATE ARE NOT STRETCH GOALS
THE CONTENTS OF THE 1.5 UPDATE ARE NOT STRETCH GOALS
THE CONTENTS OF THE 1.5 UPDATE ARE NOT STRETCH GOALS

Can we please change the first line on the FAQ?
Something like

>wtf is Kingdom Death
Kingdom Deaht is a body horror board game where you hunt monsters to craft gear and grow your settlement.

You know, something that actually answers the question posed rather than saying "it's a board game with expansions"

Young Survivor a cute. CUTE!

Part 1 of 2 For Sunstalker.
Don't ask me why it's split, I didn't scan these, and I don't remember why.

Part 2 of Sunstalker

>it's got anime lolis
Wow, didn't take them very long to get desperate

>3rd most funded game on Kickstarter
>Desperate

look at those paltry C cups, what a loli

>it's got anime cowtits

Nothing new, doc.

Anyone else absolutely love the art? The style and the colors are great. Anyone know who the artist is offtop, I don't think it's Lokman.

Also here's the last scan.

Too bad the render is pretty bad as of now.

GKA

The infamous Acanthus Doctor build. Perhaps the new expansions will take it to even greater stupider heights.

So, 9 armor, +5 evasion, ignore 1 hit on a 10+.
Spd 3, Acc 5+ Str 7 attack?
And a 50% chance to not die.

is this the greased deaf guy build?

You're leaving out the best part.
This is Green Savior

Ten armor. You probably forgot the green charm, since it doesn't need to be completed.

so did anyone else not read the update itself and just scroll, then thought we got a shovel knight crossover?

What gives you the secret fighting art? I know its from flower knight expansion, but what exactly?

Right, 10 armor, 8 Str

Also that one Fighting art the lets you use Strength Tokens as survival.

>SSJ3
whats the J stand for...hell whats it all stand for?

Then 18 Armor, 9 Str and let's say 8 evasion?

That armor itself looks so rad. I hope to see a render or prototype of that model soon.

After the fight, during the Sense Memory event, build the Vespertine Bow.

4 years later, you have the Necrotoxic Mistletoe event occur. If you roll a 10 on the result (or have otherworldly luck, a 9-10), and have innovated sculpture by that point, the survivor nominated as the caretaker gets the Acanthus Doctor secret fighting art.

Super SaiyaJin.
SaiyaJin was the Japanese name for Saian. and I'm probably misspelling it.

Super super juicy 3

So which survivor will roll on the intamacy table with the young female survivor? Will it be the young male survivor? The strongest survivor? Or the insane murderous leader? Or someome else?

well you could do insane murderous leader with either the single hero, or the murder statue

Last Axeman Standing.

Every male

None. She's not ready.

At the same time?

Here they are scanned properly
mega.nz/#!rIVnEIJa!zuaLaQKX_WBUOL_MrxKImbwIsrHI71L5cy1ZP91q_QI

Is there any other way?

One at a time in a row over the entire course of the night? Gives the early risers time to recover and tag back in.

Anyone can post link to core box rule book in proper/good quaility?

Old enough to hunt, ready in the cunt.

>loli breeding

Things can turn pretty ShindoL fast with a murderer in the settlement

>muh fetish
In this thread!
>bueno.exe

Those armors and the Illuminated Lady are the only reasons I want the Screaming God expansion.
LazeRam btfo.

>tfw young survivor gets taken by a great game hunter
>tfw she has served as settlement cumdump for 15 lantern years
>tfw she will spend the rest of her years humiliated and abused
It is a great feel.

next update when

Tomorrow. Hopefully Pootsykins doesnt forget to talk about armor kits then.

Next update looks like it has something to do with the Lion Knight.

Thisismyfetish.jpg, im sad I missed out on ammo slave

So Poots says;
>I think I might have our first "stretch goal" at $6,666,666.
Wonder if he'll do another at $7,777,777, seems obvious really.

Nah, $6,666,666 is special, because Satan.

7,777,777 is special because of the Gambler, which is the main theme of this campaign.

True, I wonder what the 6es stretch goal will be. Maybe an end boss fight with Satan?

It could be really cool to fight two monsters at once, each with their AI decks.

See this is why you don't fucking dump all your money on a kickstarter in the first 5 minutes. Probably could have got something sooner if he didn't know he had already won.

You do know we've unlocked all already planned stretch goals, right?
The pinups, the new expansions, those are actually stretch goals, and we've unlocked many more. That's why "stretch goals' is in quotes.

And he planned for a fraction of what he got. That's why the new "Stretch goals" are so spaced out compared to the rest.

I had a look at the Kickstarter page - can someone tell me what the fuck 1.5 actually is?
Is it an add-on to the original? Is it a improved version of the original, or do I have to buy 1.5 AND 1.0 to play the game.
I know it's a real dumb thing to ask, but I wan't to support the game, but I can't find a fucking thing about it 1.5 actually is.

B L A C K K N I G H T W H EN
L
A
C
K

K
N
I
G
H
T

W
H
E
N

It's like second edition, but not different enough to actually be second edition. So it's edition 1.5.

But is it a full game? Or do I have to get this AND the original?

fer fucks sake m8

You do realize that if there wasn't a massive surge at the start there'd almost certainly have been a huge drought between ~2-3 million and 666666, right?

I was about to spoonfeed you, but just read the damn kickstarter including the FAQ.

Yeah, I just went and had another look at the kickstarter page. Sorry about that, don't know why I didn't see the info the first time.

What's the power level of this monster?
I mean, what are we talking about?
Solo level 2 monsters? level 3 monsters?
Final dragon boss solo?

There are instant death mechanics in the game, so soloing a monster is never a good idea.

and you realize that he wouldn't have set a goal at 6,666,666 if he didn't already have over 5 million right?

Yes, so instead of getting nothing we get something at 6,666,666. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

he's still got a 10% invulnerable save and a 50% save vs death
there are instant death mechanics but there arn't that many. its still reasonable he could live through one of them

Oh right.

Because if people had self control we'd have gotten

Planned shit --> more shit

but now we have
planned shit --> fucking nothing because we're still just revealing planned shit --> 6,666,666 guys whoo hooo

Also. in a survival of the fittest settement, 1 re-roll free re-roll to save his neck.

>we'd have gotten
>Planned shit --> more shit
1. How do you know this?
2, You're clearly just trying to save face or you'd have brought that up after

Another worthless shit from the gamble box, thank Poots
+10000000$

We are just seven days into the kickstarter and Poots has revealed like 2-3 new shit everyday so far. That's quite a lot tbhfamalam.

Because we're getting more shit promised now. Do you really think that if poots didn't already have a a few million that those promises wouldn't have been made earlier to boost backing numbers?

Why do you hate the idea of getting more value for the money you're burning?

>one new philosophy
>one new settlement event
>one secret fighting art
>two new gear cards
>worthless
Alrighty then.

This shit is getting too anime and Japanese for me. I guess i will drop it, it was nice while it last though

>not waiting till the day before it ends to see all the unlocked shit
Someone is going to pick up your pledge level in an instant, so whatever, but why? And why are you just now noticing the weeb influences when it has been with the game from the get go?

>Do you really think that if poots didn't already have a a few million that those promises wouldn't have been made earlier to boost backing numbers?
Yes, for two reasons.
1. if the pledge amounts didn't go full retard he'd have likely been happy to get everything he wanted to have made. even if it went a little over his best estimates.
2. because he didn't just pick some random number, he picked $6,666,666 which has significance to the campaign.

>Why do you hate the idea of getting more value for the money you're burning?
I don't and that's a very disingenuous question. I think I'm done here if you have to resort to shit like this.

>B-But we could have had more if people gave him less money. That's how kick-starters work, right?

Not exactly worth the money at the moment though, is it

Because Veeky Forums is contrarian as fuck and they need a reason to hate on the popular thing.

Good thing there's 24 more things to unlock then isn't it?

anime is normie shit now, even my older sister and her bf watch Jojo

>1. if the pledge amounts didn't go full retard he'd have likely been happy to get everything he wanted to have made. even if it went a little over his best estimates.

The entire point of stretch goals is to offer up a little insensitive for more people to give you more money. If he had a definitive idea in mind and the integrity to hold true to that everything would have been upfront and not locked behind a pay wall.

2. because he didn't just pick some random number, he picked $6,666,666 which has significance to the campaign.

If it was important to the campaign or the idea of the game. Really important. It would just be a part of the game. You're just saying this new thing to get people to put out more millions of dollars is retroactively significant.

>The entire point of stretch goals is to offer up a little insensitive for more people to give you more money. If he had a definitive idea in mind and the integrity to hold true to that everything would have been upfront and not locked behind a pay wall.
I don't think you understand how producing physical products works, user.

>If it was important to the campaign or the idea of the game. Really important. It would just be a part of the game. You're just saying this new thing to get people to put out more millions of dollars is retroactively significant.
And we're done, either you're too stupid to talk to or you're entirely unable to argue in good faith.

>Be aus
>grab the black friday 1.5 update 50$ because the exchange rate is fuck up, i already got almost all the expansion anyway except dragon king and lion knight and lion shit
>hey we add this shit +$$$
>hey we add another shit +$$$$
Holy shit, it's 400 USD right fucking now.

yeah and maybe it will become worth the money then, are you trying to make a point?

>I don't think you understand how producing physical products works, user.
And you don't understand how profit margins work. Half this shit is already in production. Meaning he doesn't need millions more to make his true vision come to life and for us consumers to get the proper final product.

>And we're done, either you're too stupid to talk to or you're entirely unable to argue in good faith.
I thought we were already done, yet you're still trying to justify pumping more money into an already bloated product for unseen promises of it being worth it and totally important to the experience.

the point is it's s bit early to judge whheter it's worth it yet.

>I thought we were already done
I said I was going to be done if that's what you had to offer. And I am, good day.

at the moment it's not worth it
maybe it will become worth it, and at that point you get it
isn't that just really, incredibly basic common sense?

Jesus user, if you don't want to back it then just don't back it. You don't have to go on an autistic rant.

>maybe it will become worth it, and at that point you get it
OR you could just sit on your pledge and not shitpost about how 1/6th the content isn't worth the full asking price.

I totally forgot til now, but hopefully the expansion that has the Ivory Carver location gets revealed this KS.

Is that you gran? Just hang up the phone we've already said goodbye like 4 times.

When the fuck we have miniatures of this quality? ;_;
anime face minis always look so weird

>isn't that just really, incredibly basic common sense?
If you have to pay as you take the pledge level, yes, but since you don't the logical course of action is to make numerous profiles, get every limited pledge level, and cancel all but one pledge on the last day.

Best girl