What system do I want for this?

What system do I want for this?

If you say adeptus evangelion I will punch you in the throat.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/o69miv64p6ifc0i/Adeptus Evangelion Beta Draft 005.rar
reddit.com/r/AdeptusEvangelion/comments/5dilj6/important_announcement_passing_the_torch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what exactly are you hoping to emulate gameplay-wise?

they tell me cthulhu tech, but i've never played it

The thing about eva that gets my dick hard is the conspiracy wank, ancient aliens bullshit mythology, characters that are immensely fucked up in relatable ways, and the robot fights in that order.

I'm thinking of going full psycho and using two systems, FATE or some kind of Powered By The Apocalypse system for pilot mode, and something crunchier for robot mode.

you don't need a system to emulate the conspiracy aliens and all that fuckeduppery
you need a player group that can interpretate that, and you must do so as well.

you should try doing it gurps for the combat and pure interpretation during the psychological parts

>Girls
Without fail
>Wants system for game
>Doesn't want system specifically designed for game

Punch yourself in the throat with a knife and end your lineage

Simple D6 mebbe?

>In which OP has trouble distinguishing between Setting and System.

This is now an AdEva thread. Is there a newer version than this?

"WHAT MECHANISM DO I WANT TO TRANSPORT LARGE LOADS OVER FLAT TERRAIN IN AN ENERGY EFFICIENT WAY"

"IF YOU SAY ANYTHING WITH WHEELS I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT"

Sleighs are pretty nice if you have snow

Camels

Forgot muh GM's Guide.

There also was a kickstarter for a game called "Tears of a Machine". Idk how it turned out but the demo was decent. Rules light and drama focused.
Might upload what i have when I'm back on PC.

Adeptus Evangelion fuccboi

You're just tsundere towards something you've never tried or used.
vBorderline.

Fuck off, nobody likes your bad system.

Adeptus Evangelion

This, OP.

Loli orgy simulator comments soon.

Have you tried Adeptus Evangelion? It's really coming into its own.

No seriously what the fuck did you expect?

>FATE or some kind of Powered By The Apocalypse system for pilot mode, and something crunchier for robot mode.

That actually sounds like Strike!.

You got a light/narrativish/freeform-y out of combat, and a crunchy, tactical combat subsystem.

Adeptus Evangelion.

I'm running my second game of it. The suffering is immense!

That said:

>conspiracy wank
This will be up to you to develop, no system will give you enough.

>ancient aliens bullshit mythology
See above.

>characters that are immensely fucked up in relatable ways
A mistake I've made is playing these types of games with people who can't play fucked up characters. It's really hard! No matter what system you have here, you absolutely NEED players who can handle it. The players need to be able to portray in-character a descent into madness. It is difficult to find these players.

>and the robot fights in that order.
Just use a simple system or something, who gives a fuck.

I'm okay with this.

>A mistake I've made is playing these types of games with people who can't play fucked up characters.
I'll agree with that. A lot of people who are into either games or chinese cartoons have no idea what to do or have expectations that conflict with this kind of game.

Yeah, the Beta got up to draft 5.

mediafire.com/download/o69miv64p6ifc0i/Adeptus Evangelion Beta Draft 005.rar

Unfortunately, thats as far as the game goes. BMJ has announced that he has moved on to other stuff and probably won't be working on AdEva anymore.

I thought this as well.

It's pretty good for mecha games anyway.

Play GURPS. The system will hardly matter outside of the robots unless you're doing something particularly challenging(which you probably won't be assuming all the PCs are pilots)

I like vBorderline though

Adeptus Evangelion.

COME AT ME BRO! DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!

>BMJ has announced that he has moved on to other stuff and probably won't be working on AdEva anymore.

Really? When?

Adeptus Evangelion.
*beats the shit out of you*

Adeptus Evangelion

Here's your (you)

What a stale meme. Bring me something fresher!

You should try GURPS

Indeed, citation needed.

Maglev trains.

reddit.com/r/AdeptusEvangelion/comments/5dilj6/important_announcement_passing_the_torch/

So the system itself ended up being a perpetual beta stuck in Limbo?
Just what you'd expect etc etc

>thing about eva that gets my dick hard is

And NOT the skintight plugsuits?

Maybe we just need BMJ to go and make his Godzilla and he will come back and finish the game.

But in all seriousness, the guy worked on AdEva for at least 5 years, probably more like 6. That's like a 100 years in internet time.

Maybe someone else can redo? Or retake?

Why does no one recommend BESM? It was made specifically to emulate anime and it's really not that bad of a system. We're starting a Kingdom Hearts game with it and we're all super stoked.

Seven years. I remember the original Adeptus Evangelion threads during Christmas of 2009. v1 was already finished by then.

Maybe? I'd be happy with someone just finally making ODs for V3, honestly.

I don't know user, but have you tried...Adeptus Evangelion.

Land Raider. No wheels.

Even better Sled Raiders. Land Raiders + Sled.

Honestly, I only played BESM 2, but I feel that everything Tri-stat BESM wanted to do, Mutants&Masterminds does as good or better and with less accidental system chimpouts. It's been my go-to for action anime style games.

walking mechas
hovercraft
large amount of human slaves or beasts of burden

This might be up your alley OP. It's a take on Eva but with the serial numbers filed off.

Or just use GURPS. The disadvantage system really helps you make fucked up characters, and the game is made by a company whose logo is a pyramid with an eye on it (That has also produced a GURPS Illuminati supplement) so conspiracies aren't going to be too hard.

Care to explain that spoiler?

Adeptus Evangelion.

When you read the rules you'll find out that the best way to recover mental stress of a character is interaction with the other characters. The more intense an interaction, the more effective a recovery. So powergaming the recovery stage turn into something that makes Illya Kaleid look modes in comparison.