Alpharius dead?

so hey my friend was talking to me about wh40k and mentioned that in the Heresy book series they confirmed the real Alpharius is dead not some stand in. apparently John French confirmed it... so now i dont know what to think. is he lying? is it just an opinion? is John French Alpherius trying to pretend he isnt? was it just some XX legionnaire? am i Alpherius? is my neighbor Alpherius?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)#XX_Legion:_Alpha_Legion
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Pluto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>le le le le alpharius may may

Nope, faggot is dead.
Killed by Dorn without much ceremony.

Supposedly happens in praetorian of dorn but I haven't read it soooooo.

Just BL fucking my shit up.

Every officer in the Alpha Legion is Alpharius. Some are more Alpharius than most, and one is more Alpharius than all.

That one is alive.

>implying GW can't pull a "just as planned" or some other chaos shenanigans where alpharius survives in omegon or in his legion anyway
I know who is alpharius: he is boring

Word for word copypasta. How pathetic.

Dorn kill an Alpherius but not THE Alpherius

Definitely DEAD.

In the final chapter, Omegon literally wakes up in cold sweats on the other side of the galaxy, and realises something is very wrong. He feels totally alone for the first time in ages. Theres a astropathic call waiting for Alpharius from Horus. He gets up and takes the call in the role of Alpharius.

Thus Omegon has completely become Alpharius. Alpharius (the original one), is 100 percent dead.

Nah, it's the real one.

Or is he?

Alpharius might be, but what about Omegon?

Of course, is he referring to Alpharius the body, or Alpharius the collective two? Although Legions share the traits of their Primarchs, so is it possible Alpharius themself live throughout Alpha Legion as a whole, the legion an extension of their body?

Nope. He killed THE Alpharius. Omegon felt his death in the warp and took his identity.

And they call Tau commies.

I though Omegon would become Janus.
Who is Janus then?

*stands up*

I am Alpharius.

I am Alpharius.

Janus is the Roman god.

I, on the other hand am not Alpharius.

The Beheading all but confirms that Omegon is Janus, Alpharius is kill

Am I ALPHARIUS?

How did Dorn kill him?

>Omegon felt Alpharius dying
He felt the connection severing. It'd be a very Alpharius thing to feign his own death (again) and ruse everyone, including his own brother.

It's that or >BL shit

Alpharius was like

>Hey Dorn I just came here to ruse you but also talk to-

And Dorn was having none of that shit so he said

>Open fire

And then charged Alpharius and cut his hands and head off with his fucking chainsword.

Someone everyone thought was dead.

Luna Wolves Captain and former member of the Mournival, Hastur SeJANUS

Looking at BL's state you might as well just take your own personal fanfic as canon and it would be only marginally less legit

Eh, Alpharius Omegon being two primarchs is a BL thing and now that they've killed Alpharius Omegon leaving only Alpharius Omegon to lead the legion they've just gone back to old fluff, nothing has changed and Alpharius Omegon will just disappear into the shadows after the Scouring.

I tend to agree.

Horus heresy novels are notoriously full of plot holes, and I believe are declared somewhat of a 'legend/misinterpreted myth' status.

Did one have Sanguinius as not being blond? Shit's ridiculous.

>Did one have Sanguinius as not being blond?
The greatest transgression

Truly. Worse than that fucking "anti-psyker" with a daemon bonded to his skin. The shit am I reading?

It's a testament to 40k's enduring spirit that game after game, book after book, of actual fanfiction caliber garbage, it still endures.

They should really nuke BL at this point
Or just make actual, official Primarch BL, which could hardly be worse

If they were going to make a commitment to putting out stuff like Eisenhorn level at least, and TRYING to avoid plot holes, it would be fine.
But they really drowned themselves in comic books to no avail but macguffinized-boredom.

So that's the real answer to this thread: BL is so shit that he might as well be Schrodinger's Alpharius. Who fucking knows what happened to him?

That fanmade 'Lord Inquisitor' is doing better than them. Except the voice acting and minor bits.

I dunno, I actually like that no one knows whether he's here or there, alive or dead or whatever, the 'I am Alpharius' thing is a nice counterpoint to the cult of personality around the other primarchs, the whole point of Alpharius is that it doesn't matter if he's alive or dead, the legion continues on without him because losing a head is nothing to a hydra.

Plus the whole 'we are anonymous' thing is just goofy and it helps that they're basically the operators operating operationally legion with an awesome paintscheme, good fun to play and collect.

As BL is shit. I'll go with your theory.

I heard a rumor that the Roboute Gulliman who is currently in stasis on Ultramar is actually Alpharius or Omegon.

Reverse rusery, cut off his hands, stabbed him with his own spear then cut his head in half.

Classic 40k

Do they have rules yet?

For 30k? Yeah, since a couple years. For 40k? Next week.

Cool. How fun are the 30k rules?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)#XX_Legion:_Alpha_Legion

Easily one of the best legion, they can choose their special rules, have a character that can choose his warlord trait and a primarch thats boosts everyone around while sabotaging your enemy. Its a great legion based around manipulation of their enemy and the ability for your dudes to adapt to any scenario.

Here's my take on it: Alpharius' ideal was a legion without form, a legion with such unity of purpose that it's structure could be completely opaque and impervious, and so skilled that it could destroy the enemy totally from within before it indulged its destruction from without.

The thing is, if you're Alpharius, how do you prove you've achieved that if you're still alive? What if it's just the strength of will and character built into you by your father that unites and animates your legion?

Having the Alpha Legion loose its primarch, in a pitched battle with their antithesis, and having them fight on as if the death of their primarch was as about as significant as a dud bolter shell proved the point.

Given how totally obsessed the Alphas seemed to be with proving their own superiority, it makes sense that Alpharius would be willing to die for it.

They probably thought having another handsome man with long blonde hair would be too confusing (Russ, Lion, Fulgrim, and Sanguinius). Hell, Guilliman also had blonde hair, though he kept it short. And Rogal Dorn counts as blonde with his white hair. Big E must've loved Aryans.

Nazi metaphor?

Nah, blonde hair is something usually associated with the divine because it is reminiscent of the sun's rays. The blue eyes is supposed to represent the heavens. Both the sun and sky were viewed as the emblem and domain of the gods, respectively.

Literally the only one required to have blond hair is fucking Sanguinius.

They're true shit.

How long has Fulgrim's platinum white hair been canon? If I recall, Dorn and Guilliman having white and blonde respectively has been a thing since the Horus Heresy Collected Visions artbooks.

Since Fulgrim.

So they could make him into an Elric of Melnibone clone?

>I am Alpharius

"Something something white is perfect, I'm a self indulgent degenerate"

-Fulgrim

Well them I'm glad the IF are dead

fair enough

Yes, he's dead BL authors and editors etc keep insisting he's actually dead

Here's how he died

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Pluto

No. Alpharius is really and truly dead. The people at BL are actually tired of the meme 'We're lying, he's really alive." And sent out official word that he was well and truly dead.

Omegon is still alive though.

That just makes people believe they're lying more.

Please don't fall for their plot, user.

>BL "Alpharius is dead!"
>GW "I want to sell an Alpharius model for $200."
>BL "Alpharius is alive!"

No, he's really, really dead. Alpharius smuggles himself to Terra, and - through a long and complicated series of events - engages Dorn in combat. Despite initially having the upper hand and going for a fatal stab, Alpharius gets his hands carved off when Dorn takes the blow in the shoulder instead and basically chops him to pieces.

Alpharius is dead as fuck.

It's not that clear. Remember, Alpharius lies about everything. And his fleet was attacking Dorn's men en masse when it happened.

He was also clearly trying to kill Dorn in the fight. So up to this point, we still have no clear idea of their motivations unless you're willing to take - at face value - that Alpharius really does want to tell Dorn something.

So what is the point of the Alpha Legion now that they have no purpose then? They turned on the Emperor, what's left?

And what was their Antithesis? The Imperial Fists? Really?

Yes, its always been the Fists

AL
>No real purpose
>Stuck in a war of shadows and lies with no real stability as to who is who, your primarch could be the Apothecary and you wouldnt know
>Hubris is their downfall and go to ridiculous lengths to proof how great they are

IF
>Stoic
>Accept their purpose and follow it to the letter, no questions asked
>Normal chain of command, orders are clear and so are objective and the place of every marine within the legion
>No need to prove anything to anyone
>Brutally honest

Plus it was both Guilliman and Dorn that chastized Alpharius for wasting resources in overtly complicated schemes which led to Alpharius making even more complicated schemes to prove them wrong and prove his legion was the best.

IIRC, it's:

Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists (obvious)

Blood Angels v Emperor's Children (Pretty, suffers from Primarch's flaw super hard)

Space Wolves v Thousand Sons (obvious)

Ultramarines v Word Bearers (obvious)

Raven Guard v Night Lords (Sneakies with opposing views on life)

Salamanders v Death Guard (Super Tough, Humans are Awesome vs Humans Suck Ass)

Dark Angles v Alpha Legion (Deep Undercover, some members are working for the other side)

Iron Hands v World Eaters (Hate Weakness more than anything, anywhere, at anytime)

White Scars v Black Legion (The Odd Ones Out [Horus too good, Khan too distant], the ones no one [In Universe[ really understands)

Thought it was this guy.

>Alpharius really does want to tell Dorn something
He probably did, Alpharius is retarded.
>Xenos tell him that he has to destroy the Imperium
>Trusts them completely
>Doesn't consider that xenos might have other reasons to destroy the Imperium

Alpherious and his twin being alive or dead is completely irrelevant.

The Alpha Legion survives, countless cells with their own leaders emerge. Alpherious might be dead only in name, operating operationally with the rest of the Alpha Legion.

>Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists (obvious)
Didn't the Dorn's Fags get all killed or some shit. I read that here.

Memes aside, here's how it went down;

Dorn killed Alpharius. This is canon. However, due to his connection to Omegon, 'Alpharius' didn't die. Omegon became Alpharius and, realizing how much Alpha Legion needed their Primarch, amde more 'Alphariuses'. This wasn't really anything new, but he had quite a few more than the actual Alpharius.

As such, Omegon is alive, Roboute killed a body double, and 'Alpharius' is still alive in the form of multiple Space Marines conditioned to look, sound, and act like him, as well as Omegon himself.

What if... and I mean if...
> Alpharius killed Dorn then took Dorns place
> using super sneak alpha legion magic
> Later fakes his own death again as Dorn
> Entire legion Cry's for its fallen primach but really it was Alpharius the whole time!!
Because that's about the sneakiest sneak that can conceivably be sneaked.

Nah, not even Alpharius is that sneaky.

I dunno, I think Iron Hands vs Emperor's Children make better opposites since both are about trying to improve their bodies from perceived flaws.

And Blood Angels vs World Eaters because they both are assault oriented shock troops, but while Blood Angels try to suppress their berserk rages, the World Eaters embraced it entirely.

Underrated post.

Also, kek.

this
also this

So what you are saying is the Alpha Legion pulled a MGS5?

he couldn't corner the dorner, and got fisted because of it

omegon will have to play bitch boy for the traitors and eventually commit suicide by loyalist because of the things he had to do

But annon Dorner did get cornered

Dorn needed help to kill Alph.

I agree with myself except switch
"Roboute killed a body double" with "Omegon replaced Roboute and then got Fulgrim'd".

He died it in mourning for the dead on Murder

alpha legion shitposters are the worst people

they aren't even alpha legions fans

I agree with this user

as the OP i agree

Imperial Cuck detected.

Yeah guys Alpharius is dead!
He couldn't and totally didn't kill that overgrown smurf and impersonate him!

Just keep minding your own busyness, everything as usual!

Nothing unusual or suspicious here. Nope. Absolutely nothing. Everything is fine and normal.

>"The regimental symbol for the 55th Alphic Hydras has a twofold meaning"
C'mon now

How? Does his shoulder count as support?

No, that's dumb. Omegon knew better than to risk himself in combat, especially considering that he and Alpharius were not as physically capable as the other Primarchs, and even the slightest advantage to Guilliman could very well mean his death.

Now, it's possible that other Alpha Marines have become skeeper cells within the Ultramarines, but neither Omegon nor Alpharius would have been enough to kill Guilliman.

The roleplaying is incredibly shitty.

The idea of a Primarch being hidden among his own lieutenants is a little intriguing, though.

This

but... victory

>soooooo
this isn't tumblr, tard. I suppose "you can't even" either, mong.

>alpharius
literally who?

You just responded to a post from 3 days ago.