dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (MAKE SURE TO TIP CLOWNS 10%):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Howdy /40kg/!

First for Eldar

THIRD FOR LORGAR

So, how will 8th untangle the nightmarish mishmash of 40k/Apoc power creep we currently have?

Rumors seem to suggest that even GW realize that things have gotten well out of hand.

Fifth for Mars!

I was considering Space Wolves, but I'm pretty worried about painting them - for now I had only painted "faceless" models with less details than SW but there's a first time for everything. Also was thinking about Tau - their SC box provide a bigger variety of models than KT box

I wonder how much fun this would be to play/play against
Came up with it after fiddling with my DE list

What factions do you think would be good contenders to balance every book in 8e around? As in, they are fun, balanced and not boring to play against.

I have to vote for Admech, but I'm biased. I do wish they'd make Ironstriders two per box, though. They are stupidly expensive.

>(You)

Are the new Pink/Blue/Brimstone horrors ridiculously overpowered when combined with the new Exalted locus of creation? Because I think so. One unit of 20 pink horrors can become 80 blue horrors, which can become 160 brimstone horrors. Did GW not think this through enough?

The issue is that if GW lowers the power level, people react like they did to Wrath of Magnus. They are whiny crybabies who expects everything to be on the insane level of Wraithknights because it exists, despite the retarded powerlevel of things like that.

Is it worth buying the whole 1ksons sorcerers box just to get pew pew man?

YES!

>Did GW not think this through enough?

they realised how many models it will sell and liked it

What matches are you playing?

I had to cancel mine after I broke my foot, so I'm playing vicariously through you this weekend.

Admech (excluding the cheese version), Tau 6th, and KDK level.

01001101 01100001 01110010 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01101110

Tau, to be honest. They have a lot of variety in design between fast skimmers, alien auxilia, a solid core of medium infantry, and plenty of big stompy options.

Other factions could consider plenty of design lessons from Tau, like imagine if the Tyranid synapse link wasn't a mechanic designed to punish players for not having it, but one that gives bonuses and encourages synergy between hordes and little nids and the bigger nids, like marker lights do for Tau?

Or if they took some ideas out of the riptide and applied it to the ork or chaos codex, ie the random effects not being intended as a rule to punish and nerf units, but instead being a buff with a small chance of failure.

Hopefully that presages a general lowering of powerlevels to come.

I'm conflicted on the matter. On the one hand it is ridiculous cheese, even further when you consider they're also psykers, but on the other hand it would be hilarious to actually get that number of models on the table.

Eldar getting cucked by Space marine again Kek

How does killing magic baby fires with a flammer work? Wouldn't they enjoy it?

I'm building my KDK army and want to run a lord on a juggernaut as my HQ. Snag in the plan - the GW webstore only has fantasy juggerlords. Am I missing something or is that the only juggerlord? I can convert it easily enough but I just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

Age of Sigmar style warscrolls, forcing them to look at what exactly every unit brings to the table at once.

Replace alliance rules, current rules are restricting "Your Dudes" and heavily favor Imperium factions.

Heavily restrict super heavies and flyers. This is the hardest one, IMO, they don't want people to stop buying them entirely.

Magic fire =/= promethium?

I've literally never seen or fought a KDK army ever, so I'll take your word for it.

I actually really like some of the concepts in the Tau book. The problem is they got all of those at once when two or three would make an army decently powerful. Also, they have so much stuff to cover their weaknesses (not very bad ones) that they aren't even really there anymore. Necrons are largely weak to melee, and Guard. Tau aren't.

I would gladly swap Skitarii ranger special weapons for markerlights, ethereal buff bubbles work better on nids IMO, shooty variant MCs likewise.

I guess it's a bit like drowning a fish. It can happen, just needs specific circumstances.

It's Friday. Where are my Traitor Legion leaks?

Maybe it's one of those things you're only meant to do with your mates, just to see how fucked up it gets, everyone has a laugh at the madness you've created and then you got back to playing "properly",on the other hand it's a lot of money for a joke game every once in a while.

3k list, what do?

Nemesis Strike Force
>Grand Master w/ Psycannon
>Librarian w/ ML3
>3x Terminator Squad w/ 1 Hammer, Psycannon
>2x Interceptor Squad w/ 1 Hammer
>2x Nemesis Dreadknight w/ Hammer, Psilencer

Skitarii Maniple
>6x Skitarii Vanguard w/ Arc Rifle

Skitarii Maniple
>2x Vanguard Squad w/ 2 Plasma Calivers
>2x Rangers

Battle Congregation
>Tech-Priest Dominus
>3x Kataphron Destroyers

Total: 2965/3000

What do you think I do with the extra 35 Points? Are the Plasma Skitarii necessary?

If you were to be given a clampack model as a small Christmas gift from your partner would you rather it were painted at tabletop standard (best effort for me, I only started in September) or still on the sprue?

I find that pic a bit hilarous. Thats tzeentch herald. They have ws2 S3 T3 W2 A1 5++. It seems its wielding 2 Etherblades, either normal or greater ones.

On average 10 guardsmen with shotguns would kill it easily.

Later tonight.

I feel the Riptide is a case of too much reward, not enough risk. I think there should be more emphasis on "desperation"/timing of certain abilities, like how the 7e Wave Serpent can fire its Shield once at the cost of not getting protection for the rest of the game.

For the Riptide, I like the idea of the Nova Reactor being: "Power up one system, that system has to cool off next turn." So the Nova Shield automatically becomes a 3++ for a turn, but it has no Invulnerable on the next turn, etc.

GW has thankfully gotten away from the "dependency=synergy" mindset from when Gav was around. I got to argue with him about that at Nova 2011, back in 5e. His idea of Synergy was "Banshees and a Farseer casting Doom."

I said "that's dependency. Let's say you took two Wave Serpents, because why not? Decent transport [back when they were BS 3] good firepower, lots of utility. Let's say you also took 2 Fire Prisms, because why not.

Give the Serpents Star Engines. They see a Marine unit in the open? Tank Shock them, displace them into a packed formation where they have no cover, use the Star Engines to jump back to safety, and use the Fire Prisms to delete them. *That* is Synergy, taking two units capable of operating on their own in a vacuum and using them to become more than the sum of their parts!"

After NZ pre-orders go up. ETA like 6 hours.

Yeah, they're pretty strong, but I'd rather see all armies brought up to that level than to see the Tau get severely nerfed to bring them back down to a nice mediocre codex.

And also, their weaknesses aren't covered as impeccably as they are for some factions that are simply good at everything (Eldar). Tau still suck at melee, their best melee unit being better used as a sniper hiding in forests. It's just that they have enough toys/mobility to be able to avoid melee through jump shoot jump and effective overwatch. If other dexes had toys that allowed them to get into melee with the Tau they'd be considered a lot less powerful as a codex.

Honestly I'd love to work off of the experimental vibe they've been pushing, have the safe versions exist at a premium on points, and have experimental versions that can genuinely fuck you over if you try and push them.

Depends on your relationship.

I'd prefer painted, even poorly, because it shows genuine effort in the gift versus spending 30 bucks on me

Well first off, a battle congregation is 1 HQ 2 troops so you would either need to add another unit of Kataphron or make it an allied detachment.

Rangers are poo, just straight up poo, get more Vanguard, and you have insanely low AT for a 3000 (Who even plays at 3000 outside of apoc?) point list

>Melee
It's more of a problem with melee in this edition than a flaw with Tau, being butter once engaged doesn't matter when it's this hard to get there.

The cool off is a great idea, and that's a definition for synergy that I'm going to adopt from now on. Thanks user

10 guardsmen with shotguns sounds like the plot of a black library book. and that's the whole story, like the expendables but set in 40k. one per regiment.

Rolling for charge distance should be removed, overwatch should be removed, and photon (defensive) grenades should be standard and free on Tau units. Basically just revert assault back to 5th edition, plus this still leaves Tau with a nice way to soften the blow of melee units.

IMO they should just cut alliances entirely, at least in a hypothetical version of the ruleset with a competitive aim. It's a balance nightmare, and casual gamers can just houserule alliances.

Rolling for charge is the stupidest fucking thing.

Definitely, alliances make it too easy to cover a faction's weaknesses, and I sincerely doubt the lack of alliance rules ever stopped someone who was bent on making a fluffy allied army in 5th edition.

Yup, if they absolutely wanted it to be random it should have been 6+d6" charge so that assault armies could depend on at least 7" of range, but considering that you could either need to be within loving caress distance already to make the charge or suddenly unleash twice your movement speed is just bizarre.

True, and when I can manage to get some Sicarians into melee I either straight up murder units or tarpit them, and Tau pretty much can't break a tarpit from Fearless Ruststalkers/Infiltrators short of throwing a Stormsurge at them. Even Farsight takes hits at the same time as the Infiltrators and will probably die from the 16 or so saves he has to make. IIRC he is I5 3+? Or is it 2+?

To balance Tau, I would make Supporting Fire only work for Assault or Rapid fire weapons, and salvo at the low number of shots. No template Supp Fire.
Also, cover saves can now be taken against Markerlights, so you have to get through the save the same as Admech phosphor weaponry. That would probably be it, along with the nerf for Stomp I put forward in the last thread. Tl;Dr: stomp does nothing on a 1, 2-6 is AP2 at strength=starting Wounds/HP of the SH/GC, 11+ is D strength.

What about factions like my Adeptus Mechanicus, and Scions, Inquisition and other ally dexes? We'd all be screwed, so just because you dislike Superfriends (which is a bit BS) doesn't mean that my Admech should be halved and my Inquisitor and his friends out of a job. I like Dominus London Underground and his friend Inquisitor Quercus.

My group let's you take 6" if you don't want to roll but if you do roll you have to stick with it if it's less than 6.
It allows people to gamble if they need/want and doesn't invalidate rerollable bonuses.
Obviously more casual but it removes the stupidity of "oh, my Harlequin troupe stumble 3 inches then got btfo by lasguns without actually moving into combat or anything.

If certain factions need other factions to work, those factions should either be in the same book, or be given more options.

If it will be used for games? Definitely painted.

Even if its the ugliest model in the army it will be the favourite.

Is it possible to Jink and cast psychic powers without penalties? Or Turbo-boost in shooting on a jetbike to cast psychic powers?

If a faction, like the inquisition, that doesn't generally go to war by itself still wants to be represented in other dexes, just print the rules into those dexes. I'm fairly sure we used to have inquisitor rules in both grey knight and sister codexes back in 5th, so just do it again.

Howdy!

It's even worse when you consider the psychic power pool that roll on contains strength D shooting attacks.

You are LITERALLY getting strength D, objective secured troops for free.

Exactly. If AdMech and Inquisition need to share units to shore up certain glaring gaps, or for flavor reasons, just print the necessary loan units in the other book.

Open faction mixing is an invitation to disaster.

how riptides can i bring and not be a cunt

At least five. Six if your opponent is playing Eldar.

Rate my chaos list?

I'm planning out what I should do to expand, I only have the start collecting kit so far and most people here play 1500 lists so I'm planning up to that limit.

The HQs go in the terminator squad.

That seems a little extreme, maybe make the Inq like the 30k Knights Errant? They can be added in as a Hq for any army, but can't find and army on their own.

Only 1 and the game must be 2000 points or more.

What's extreme about it? Worked just fine in 4th/5th - the loan units just went in the codex, IIRC.

I am reading the Fabius novel.

It says that Kor Phaeron and Erebus want h im dead.

It says that Fulgrim has put a bounty on his head.

It says that Angron himself tried to kill him.

What did he do to make all them angry?

>1501 points
Nice try, but you can't slip that past me you filthy cheater.

What's your point, GW?

Isn't doing it either way basically the same solution but with different formatting?

>so far and most people here play 1500 lists so I'm planning up to that limit.
>1501 points

I'll give your bait a 3 out of 10

Basically daemons have to 'pretend to be real' so reality doesn't kick them out.
It's why you can burn flamers or poison great unclean ones, because they have to 'pretend' to be normal flesh and blood creatures.

They can 'cheat' to a certain extent and the weaker reality is the more they can 'cheat' hence the invulnerable saves and increases to invulnerable saves when you use their powers to weaken reality.

Entirely depends on the opponents army. One at 1500 is pushing it, and 2 at 2k is pushing it for most armies, but stronger armies can handle that much easily enough.

Maybe you're right. I've only played in 7th, so I don't know how it worked then.
I do like the 30k system of Primary+allied detachment only, though. Makes listing a lot more tactical

Random= fun!

I think we should go one step further and have random range all our weapons each time they fire. Bolters 8d6. Missiles 16 d6.

Random movement too of course. 2d6 for infantry. 4d6 for tanks. 8d6 for skimmers.

Also GW has decided with formations that picking an army list is YAWN boring, so let's do random armies too.

Roll 1d3 for your HQ choice and take whatever one the dice gods decide , then 1d6 from your troop selection etc, , don't have the model ? Too bad buy it or you don't get to play scrub.

Rolling dice is fun too! (ask chaos players)

Just realized I can't even give spawn to my Disc ExSorcs because the detachment doesn't allow Spawn unless you go Warherd, which I won't. Fucking shit, oh well guess that's 150 points saved.

I think you submitted your application to the GW design team in the wrong tab user.

Flamers are a waste on bikes. Melta or plasma are better.

Terminators and Terminator Lords aren't really worth it.

Look into formations.

It sure is!

Chaos booms are the only way I have fun anymore!

not even tfw since Thousand Sons don't get grenades.

Eh.

A Blood Thirster doesn't really make use of ballistic weapons, but they have Ballistic Skill 10.

Played a 2000pt game yesterday against Grey Knights. Almost tabled him and killed both of his Dreadknights in melee and killed all of transports turn two. It was a good day for Grey Knights to die.

Aegis Line :^)

Nice.
I knew that many wants him dead but I haven't known that so many important Chaos persons. Wow impressing.

Why what?

You're not thinking big enough, that bloodthirster should man the eagle of displeasure from the fortress of redemption.

I think the greater issue is GW not using the FAQ to rebalance and adjust points costs.

I'm definitely not opposed to allies in a more casual ruleset if GW does a competitive/casual split. They are definitely a fun mechanic. Just seems like a nightmare to balance for actual competitive play.

How did Gav respond to you dressing him down?

Probably all the geneseed experiments, trying to clone primarchs, and modifying other Marines.

He's also an asshole that at some point got torture tips from the Dark Eldar.

I think he's talking about the Everwatcher tighty whities

Are those tipped over models casualties or is that your idea of getting into base to base contact?

Fuck this. And it's so rare in 40k, they even adapted out stuff like this in every ruleset iteration.
People explain me that this or that new shining thing encourage "tactics" where what actually happens in a gimmicky combo.

01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000

Riptides are fine, after all they are Tau's TEQ

Base to base we were kinda rushing by that point and here's my deployment. My gunline being a cinematic bunch of fucks.

Yeah, but that still won't solve the problem of some codexes being flat out better. Even with access to both Admech books and a toolbox of Inquisition-standard psychic crowbars, I struggle to hold my own against Tau, and that's in casual games. Although I'm not sure Riptide+ Stormsurge+ Drone Net at 1250 is "casual". Without allies all tourneys would ever be is "who has the most OP new toy and/or the best Combined Arms Detatchment" if you axe formations too. Much as Imperial side shenanigans is BS, the other Top 4 slots are Tau, Eldar and Daemons, and they don't often take allies, I've noticed.

>Broadsides
fify

>Casual
As a Tau player, no it is not at all casual.

Christ on a bicycle the warp is filled with these fuckers. How has kaldor draigo lasted this long.

Dump the Lord, put havoc launchers on your rhinos, think about dumping the Cultists as that many points buys you a nice HS, dump the Power Weapons and Flamers on the Bikers for 2x melta on one and 2x plasma on the other. Raptors are shit, give your havocs a transport. consider a Land Raider, memes aside they're a handy firebase that happily sits in the middle of the board and when paired with the havocs will absolutely slag a target

I meant "Fuck, this, absolutely this"