WIP - Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

First to spot Johnny on eBay wins a brass ring... if the Rotek doesn't eat the ring first!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276221-sons-of-mortarion-pre-heresy-death-guard/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im gunna samefag my question from the previous thread and ask if anyone has or knows where to get a hold of the burning of prospero how to paint guide.

i dont know if a scan is up but i can take photos of my copy of any pages you like

it's daytime now so they'll be clearer than this one

people have posted scans of every page before, but I dont think anyones been non-lazy enough to actually compile it.

does anyone want to buy some krieg? i have some autocannon teams and an advancing infantry squad that are all on sprue in packaging, i never got around to them and i'd be happy to sell them at mates rates if anyone was keen. i'm in sydney, australia.

I'd appreciate it, guys. Thanks. I'm really only interested in Viking Von Powerclaw Guy.

I'm going to be looting a coffee can and making treads instead of legs for it.
Any suggestions for a mekboss here? It's going to be my first big scratch build.

1/2

So im having trouble with primer. Picked up an army painter can and its coming on thicc. Any tips? All ive used before is the geedubs primer.

Spray father away.
Also, get a airbrush. Airbrush priming is far better.

in my experience i've found army painter cans to be really thick. you have to just be really light and careful when using them. their metallic leadbelcher equivalent especially. i dont think theres any real way to get around it, either, it's just a lot thicker than automotive primer or the like.

Fuck I'm in sydney too and i just bought one of those squads.

i bought a platoon and a couple of forgeworld tanks, but since I cant pay my rent on wednesday i'm trying to shift as much as possible. so if you want some assembled and painted stuff, i can let it go for like, half the price on the site

Finished my fix-up job on The Orkin Man, my ABG Vanquisher. I was inspired to make him unique after seeing just how mean he is in combat.

New things:
>Hunter-Killer Missile
>Pintle Stubber
>spare tracks/extra armor on front glacis plate
>reserve fuel barrel
>comms antenna
>rear stowage bin w/ jerrycans
>custom insignia
>assorted painting tuneups and fixes

No kill markers. Not yet. From now on, he'll have to EARN his stories.

Got any tanks?

Looks awesome, I love all the added bits, really brings it to life. In addition to kill markers, you should add some battle damage, check out scalemodelmedic on youtube for tutorials.

Very tempted to buy a russ or two but my licence is suspended right now so i don't think i could get any money to you by Wednesday.

He'll get THOSE when he DIES.

HE HASN'T DIED YET.

Thanks.

Move the can across the model faster instead of just standing there hosing it down for hours on end, fatass.

Nice and clean!

Reposting my Valkyrie cockpit that I finished up today.

i have an unpainted russ and a poorly-painted russ, both assembled, and an unpainted chimera converted to a krieg themed command chimera.
I'm so broke i cant afford shipping but if you're happy with 40-50 aud a vehicle I can bring them and meet you at a train station or something. most of the sponsons have their weapons out so you can put in whatever, and i'll chuck in the part sprues as well.
and sorry to everyone else for chewing up the thread with selling shit, i wont do it again.

breh i'll buy that for the price of a regular russ.
You want to give me an email or number?

>That Mars-pattern hull
>open sponson mounts so I can smack whaterer I want in there
>that trophy nid limb

Oh goddamn do I want that. But...it'd be a sin to strip that paintjob, and is my camo scheme.

That and I'm American and if you can't afford shipping, that's that.

I disagree. Sure its easier to apply as you don't need to be outside (or in a very well ventilated area). But when you look at it, the spray primer does tend to stick way harder than any ab primer I have yet to try, and I have used my ab for a good 8 years now, always waiting a good 24h for it to dry and all those small details as to get the "best" result with an ab-primer. It still cant compete with the good´ol GW spray can.

[email protected]
email me through your address and i'll send you some closeup shots from every side of the model, to make sure you're happy with it

Can't wait to get my teeth sunk into this beautiful thing. (SM was for scale)

Deathwatch Snipers nearly done. Just need the librarian and terminator. Deffwotch in background.

calling this guy done, so you can look forward to not seeing him in every thread

next up is another model almost identical though so look forward to that, anyway.

Regarding light and shadow, should I treat Cadian shoulder armour as a sphere or cylinder, WIP?

>spend hours getting your stuff up to tablet top quality
>don't actually play with your models.

I feel so bad I can't find time to play.

ok put the masking tape down

seriously though very good work... and highlight your metallics

I know this is a stupid question, but can i use normal plastics glue for cardboard? I want to make an attempt at some scenery, but i dont have PVA and im not sure if that is even suitable? Googling didn't help

Nope. You can use PVA or superglue.

time to find the superglue! Thanks

hot glue works really well for scenery too

Working on some models for a Rogue Stars squad.

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls

Will superglue work for cardboard to plastic to wood?
dont have access to a glue gun!

if you use pva glue for wood, it has a tendency to bend the wood, like balsa wood for example. i think its because it's water based, or something.

basically i have a combination of wood bits, plastic bits and cardboard that i want to use for scenery, but i have only a very small amount of super glue, and a lot of plastic glue, and nothing else.
I'm trying to figure out if i need to buy something, and if so - what

a hot glue gun is 8 dollars on amazon. the glue sticks your feed into are also really cheap

im not getting a glue gun... $8 is a big ask for a tube of glue

a bottle of elmers will set you back 5 or 6 on its own...

i mean, thats still less that $8 + shipping! for something i wont really use!

if you make a lot of scenery it will end up being really useful, but whatever

get yourself a big bottle of elmers glue all from your local hardware store.

Lemme see your skeletons

Made a start on a nihilakh dynasty Necron overlord. Still a long way to go but I'm happy with the colours so far!

Good job, but I always pictured Nihilakh as having icy blue glowing eyes done up with the Oxide. Hoping you'll go for that.

trying to decide what chapter to paint the reinforced ram

Ultramarines of course.

Imperial fists?

Or paint him the color of someone you either play against a lot, or know well, or are friends with.

Or the store dick.

surely compressed air pushing paint is the same in both forms? What is the difference?

Seeing as rattle cans don't use compressed air, I'd say they aren't the same thing

I love that termie. he looks so natural

rattlecan primer is generally solvent based, rather than acrylic, that does change some properties of the paint and how it responds to things.

I see. Thanks!

Crimson fists cause they were btfo by orks?

Hey secret santa americanon, UK Lincoln user here. Just got home and I think royal mail have lost your gift. They've taken my number, but just to explain why I haven't posted pictures yet.

rip a soda can to strips with your mouth. glue those to the can for details and and then rivets.

put them on ebay. britfag here. Cannot simply waltz to the house of upside down.

Blood Angels. The red will help it go faster.

lamenters, minotaurs, ultras, someone you hate, a chapter that contrasts the trukk's shceem.

Imperial Fist. The yellow contrasts well with the black. Bonus point if you name the tank "da beast"

Just finished painting my two boxes of BaC, all thats left to do is some grass tufts

Respect, user. How long did that take you?

is there anything I can coat styrofoam with so it doesn't get melted by glue or spraypaints?

Watered down PVA, several coats.

PVA should work

Holy shit. This forum has an age requirement.

Given the choice, I would pay you 8 dollars to not post this exchange and save me the the *cringe*

great, thanks!

good superglue will glue anything to anything else
i'm not exaggerating
but it's hard to find superglue that good.
in my country it's only some cheap obscure brand that makes such glue. not all thoses Moment and Super or whatever they are called, well-known superglue. Moment in particular just sucks.

> that great clean look
Hats off user. Well done

>clean death guard

I just don't like it. Technically proficient yes but Death Guard should be stained and worn, not shiny and new.

Nice.

I believe I posted the first 5 terminators almost a year ago!

I think so too, im just scared to fuck them up by weathering them

Paint a few tester models and then try out some weathering techniques on them. Here's a tutorial for DG that looks pretty good.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276221-sons-of-mortarion-pre-heresy-death-guard/

Nice, very nice.

Remember Death Guard armour does not arrive from the Forgeworld, chipped, caked in mud and battle scarred.

They had to have a first battle at some point!

Owo what's this

it's a bawx
so a gift for ye cat plus some random plastic inside

Congrats, you've just doxxed yourself as well as the user who sent you your gift.

Finally, your dragon dildos have arrived.

If you are still selling some stuff (especially the tanks etc) and if you are willing to send the stuff in europe i would be greatly intrested

It's your address posted openly on Veeky Forums, Joshua.

Ty Massachusetts user

Pls send me dragon dildos

>doxxing yourself

i wont be able to do international shipping until i actually have some cash, but if i have some cash I dont know if i'd need to sell them. either way, if i do i'll notify the thread, but it probably wont be for a week or two.

A dangerously furry beast lady, and a sorceress ish lady that will end up in my frostgrave games.

I'm going to cum in an envelope and then put a "PRIVATE DOCUMENTS" stamp on it and send it to you Josh.

I might even put an NHS return address on the back.

Enjoy your post paranoia.

You've really fucking blown it this time Josh.

>A dangerously furry beast lady
Quite curious about where this came from

>tfw you didn't buy tiddy daemons when they were on sale

Nice paint job by the way

My sides. Good thing I'm in a private office today.