Duncan Appreciation Thread

Duncan Appreciation Thread

As someone who started 40k and modelling in general quite recently the WarhammerTV guides are pretty cool, I can't imagine having started painting without them (and other online guides).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0
youtube.com/watch?v=wM7d3BK9PgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been thinking about picking up some Necrons next payday and getting back into the hobby and found one of his videos literally five minutes before I saw this post. Seems like a nice bloke and a pretty good move on GW's behalf to produce these videos.

The Bob Ross of mini painting, I know people who don't paint minis that watch him just because of how calming it is.

They're actually not wrong. It's weirdly hypnotic.

He's pretty good, yeah. I've been collecting/painting for 15 years, and have still managed to pick up a few useful things from his videos. I've noticed that the average quality of internet newbie paint jobs has risen since his videos became popular, which is cool.

My only complaint is that he sometimes stops edge highlighting things a stage or two too early, but it's no big deal. Most of what he's going is just teaching techniques anyway.

;~;

I promise I'll try my best daddy Duncan

Why does he look so tired, Veeky Forums? Every time I see him, he looks like he's about to fall asleep.

Does GW keep him caged up and painting 24/7, only being let out to film videos?

Not only that, but they only feed him sprues and paint, poor bastard

>Why does he look so tired, Veeky Forums?
he's british

Tfw you'll never achieve Duncan's smooth, consistent layers

always remember to thin your paints and get a nice fine tip on your brush

I have the same accent as him so it still counts right?

Boo! Not good enough! Text it with the accent or suffer from blotchy paintjobs!

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

A-a-a-always rumembah t-ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

Guys, I'm losing control of my paints! What do I do?

Just move away the excess paint with your brush.

That's better. Go with Duncan my user

He's cute, he's got a nice voice, and his advice is genuinely useful. I've been painting for over 15 years and have still picked up a few things from him. One of GW's best decisions in a long time.

Have you tried using a pallet? That's how I keep control of my paints.

Have you tried using a paintbrush? Toothbrushes or fingerpainting just don't work out in the long run, trust me, using a paintbrush rocketed my skills considerably!

For this model, I'm going to be using a paintbrush, in order to really brush the paint over the model.

Atta boy, trust me it will help you a lot!

Another suggestion, use paints with pigment in them. I know that miniature painting can be expensive, so you might be tempted with just using tap water; after all that is about half of what paint is, but trust me, pigments really make that color pop and add some thickness, making control significantly easier.

He's aware of the memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y

Duncan in workout gear is my new magical realm

As you can see, I'm using a piece of plastic that's been sculpted, which I find really brings out the detail in the final result

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the Games Workshop Hobby Store is two blocks down.

All 40k and WIP threads are Duncan appreciation threads user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

>little white can
>big black can

What did they mean by this?

Brit here, can confirm.

>awed by your wealth and prosperity

Oh fuck, I suggested fingerpainting but have never seen this video. Thanks user

Shoutout to girl Duncan

Didn't they just get her in for a special occasion or something? I remember quite a few people complaining that she wasn't Duncan.

I liked her. She seemed genuinely enthusiastic when reading off the mandatory little lore blurbs about the models she was painting. Also my mate goes to her uni doing her course (I may have found her linkedin)

I'm crying

I like his northern accent. Reminds me of home

Right? It probably says a lot about the thickness of the accents where I live that he sounds like a bit of a posh boy to me.

They meant Duncan knows what the ladies like

THIN YOUR ACCENTS

That blaxploitation funk guitar pretty much confirms it desu

Yeah he does. But I'm from the shit hole called Bradford so...

That you're a cuckold.

Liverpool here mate. Duncan sits comfortably at the midpoint between 'regional' and 'posh' that would probably get him mad pussy in the states by virtue of accent alone. Meanwhile here we are in the provinces sounding like miscreants, thieves and farmers

Speak for yourself. I live in China and everyone thinks I am an English gentleman, despite having a Yorkshire accent think enough to spread on toast and have for tea.

She's still working at GW as a painter, I think. Maybe she was just covering for Duncan while he had some time off?

Kind of want to homebrew an Imperial Guard army called the [something] Undercoats or Thincoats in Duncan's honour desu

dayum duncan is THICC

Always remembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

I want Duncan to be my friend.

Looking forward to his new personal AoS Order army. They didn't name a faction so I'm guessing it's something new like Duardin or Aelfs.
Since he is a Mechanicus player in 40k the rumored Steamhead Duardin would fit.

Fuck You...

Nah senpai, she got fired. She has a twitch stream. She usually behaves like a massive cunt.

provide proofs

Watching now and she seems pretty chill user

>I know people who don't paint minis that watch him just because of how calming it is.
My gf is doing that
Me too

>Northern

one of these days your GF is going to want you to dress up like duncan in bed. What will you do then user?

Apply 2 thin coats to her face

Worst girl.

I will ask her to dress up like Duncan too

Always remembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!
Bless he

>bodypainting with dyed cum
Kinky

Huh, triple get. Apparently I should ask her to train her new accent

Good god I'm so gay for him...

You're getting cucked by Duncan user.

Anyone have the picture of Christmas duncan.

I'm straight and I'd rather fuck Duncan than that fat cow.

This has been my most favourite thread in a long time

I want that Necron jacket.

>[current year]
>using Smith machine
REEEEE

>current year
>still thinking people give a fuck about your gym activities
REEEEEEE

But Anonymous, less effort into stabilizing free weights = more effort spent on actual reps = more gains :^)

Duncan taught me to appreciate my old models to remember where I started, and that I can always improve.

Your bases seemed to have progressively gotten worse though.

I haven't based the one on the right yet because I want more than just static grass. I'm messing around with a few test models first.

>MY SIDES
From 1D4Chan:
"True" Facts about Duncan:
If it's cold, he wears two thin coats in the winter. Two thin coats are better than one thick one.
How will Duncan die? Too many strokes.
Duncan spent a year in prison, because he had a brush with the law.
Duncan has an army of Brettonia. (Thats true, but it's not funny)
Every time someone doesn't thin their paints, Duncan cries a single tear of agrax earthshade.
Duncan's first model was a plastic Spacemarine from his own chapter called the Void Bringers. This was before Duncan knew how to thin his paints, and he keeps it on his lamp at work as a constant reminder of his failure as a young painter.

>Duncan cries a single tear of agrax earthshade.

The Workshoptes Custodes bottle these sacred tears in small vials and sell them for a princely sum to desperate pilgrims and painters.

>Every time someone doesn't thin their paints, Duncan cries a single tear of agrax earthshade.

Top fucking kek

>Duncan Appreciation Thread
Several lifetimes worth of appreciation.

I just watched a dude paint models for an hour and a half and I don't even play Warhammer. It was very relaxing.

>Necron hoodie

gibsmedat

Which video is this from user? Looks cosy af

One of the five Tip of the Day videos that came out over Christmas, probably this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=wM7d3BK9PgQ

He mentioned that he wants to paint a small Void Bringers army sometime soon, would be cute as fuck.

>£99

actuallydontgibesmedat

They need to make the Void Bringers an official chapter if they haven't already.