Time for change Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: 51078609

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HmacZxVN
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Great-Unclean-One-Greater-Daemon-of-Nurgle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fug. Old thread:

First for Slaanesh

Moonclan grots is best grots

Well it's a valid quiestion asshat.

That's simply not true. This one Is $64.99 and these are not on the app at all, even for purchase.

why this hobby has to be so expensive...

Slaanesh is dead.

Because GW are bleeding money so they hike the prices up to get money, but it turns more people away. So, rip.

I can't find free GA warscrolls on app too

If that's true, who's blessing my absurdly good dice rolls?

Why these dancing guys have so big heads?

Do not question the will of Slaanesh

Well, gee, I woonder who could be behind this...

pastebin.com/HmacZxVN

For Keeping in mind that A) I'm not necessarily the best writer and B) I'm a massive dwarf faggot so I probably overdid it on the Khazalid.

Also the reason the ending is kinda shit is because we literally ran out of time and the store closed, so we ended up calling it a draw.

I'm not the user from the last thread, but I liked your fluff. So in return, here is mine

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

I have posted it here before, so it might be a chance that you have seen/read it before

I play strictly offensively or defensively - no middle ground. No matter if card games, boardgames or non-traditional games - if something involves any strategic options I'm always being draw into one or another extreme.

With which army should I start? What is the best faction to fortify myself and which one is made to hit and kill? Something with start collecting or cheap start preferred

>With which army should I start?

Which faction/army do you like the most?

It's Sigmar dude, just pick the army with the coolest models and go have fun.
Example: Lord Relictor isn't amazing, but the model is fucking awesome looking, so I have one

Just go with the coolest.

If you seriously just want to pick an "all-out offence" or "all-out defence" faction, just go with Ironjawz for attack/Dispossessed (with maybe some Ironweld Arsenal sprinkled in) for defence.

Are Chaos Knights useful in a Khorne Bloodbound army? I really like the models but I don't want to add them if they are shit.

Considering your crippling weakness with Khorne Bloodbound is actually getting into a fight before you're obliterated, I can't see them being too bad.

Just got to order my GUO from FW and all my army is here
Almost all assembled too

Just painting to go
>mfw the amount of mould line on Chaos models

Take them with glaives, give them the Khorne keyword via Mark of Chaos and use them as lighter Skullcrushers. Done.

>Chaos Knights are shit with Khorne
>Chaos Knights are awesome with Slaanesh

Sadly they don't look very slaaneshi by default. How could you kitbash them to be more slaaneshi?

Bling

The most obvious idea would be Hellstriders.
If you make Hellstriders with instrument, icon and bare head, you have enough bits for your Knights... in theory.

I never owned the new Chaos Knights so I don't know if the bits fits nor if they look good enough.

Too bad they don't do helms like pic related.

Hellstriders are much smaller than Chaos Knights.

Which chaos models? I'm planning on getting a chaos dorf army next month during tax return from FW and I'm scared to death of mold slips and lines

Blightkings, Plague Drone and FUCKING CHAOS KNIGHTS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

FW "should" be fine, assuming you get no warp

Do you guys use the points values?

What game size is most common in your area?

That's good then. Mind takin a pic of that snazzy GUO?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Great-Unclean-One-Greater-Daemon-of-Nurgle
Is the one i'm planning to use, only things i've got painted atm is a squad of plaguebearers and a single Drone

Hey all, I am relatively new to the actual playing of age of sigmar but had an idea for a 1,5k list that I was hoping one of you could comment on.

4x5 Putrid Blightkings - 720

1 x 3 Nurglings - 80

Lord of Plagues - 100

Rotbringers Sorcerer - 100

Harbinger of decay - 140

Morbidix Twiceborn - 260

Blight guard formation - 100

Reasoning
So I wont go into why I am using the individual unitswithin the blightguard formation (formation gives -1 to hit against anyone in the formation as well as allowing the blighguard to re-roll wounds of 1). Harbinger of decay is being included because of his command ability of giving a 5 up invulnerable save to anything within 7". That is pretty powerful in my opinion as there aren't that many models in this list so keeping them up is key. Plus the rotsword is alright if you manage to get him in. Next Morbidix is a pretty decent melee and his ability to spawn nurglings can replenish the unit as long as they aren't wiped out in a single turn and I only need to pay for the unit once but keep what is essentially a tar pit topped up. Plus he buffs them.

Thoughts and comments would be very appreciated.

I just wanted to see what yours looks like in particular, see how the forge world stuff looks in person, cus it's a damn nice model

I'll obviously post it here when i'm painting
But it's the last model i'll do since it's so expensive, so not for a few weeks i'm afraid

Mmm... Nurgle's cock and balls ;)

>Because GW are bleeding money so they hike the prices up to get money, but it turns more people away. So, rip.

lol poorfag detected. Keep the poorfags out of my hobby. basement dwelling neckbeards and 7 year olds with paper routes not welcome.

>Just painting to go
the point in the journey where 99% fail.

I won't lie, painting just a single PDrone was infuriating since i had totally assembled it before hand

>GW bleeding money
Lol no, every other niche TTG company aside from Wizards probably DREAMS of even having GW's net losses. And now that they are licensing out to vidya, they are making scads more money

some headway over the weekend. off to the office now to do work things

Hey, I just painted this chaos lord after having him for 5 years in the blister!

Goddammit.

Very nice
>5 years

Had to dig him out finally, I need him for a tourny. Him and the old 2003 metal hellcannon.

>That scheme colour
>years old blisters
Uber, is that you?

Where is that helmet originally from?

Sorry, nope. I found the scheme on a paint blog site, fit me perfectly for tzaanuary with a few twists.

It's not THIS expensive. I mean yeah, you have to save some money even for goodish shit but believe me - it's possible.
I'm living in 3rd world country and one fuckin paint is an hour of my work and SC! Box is something like 20 man-hours. Nonetheless, if you don't want to run 3000 pts army with the most expensive models then AoS is poorfag-friendly IMO. The only rule there is to low-budget hobby is to find people with wallets as big as yours.
Have no money for huge army? Just play 1000 pts or SC! games. 3poor5GW brushes and stuff? You can always buy shit on Ali. Just give yourself some time and slowly gather every piece of your collection - you can have as much fun as money-shitting player.

AoS is cheap compared to 40k, which is then cheap compared to 30k
This fluffy 40k list cost me in dosh the same as my current list

-- The Paragons of Flennza (Chaos) --
>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO - 240
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
3x Plague Drones - 220
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
--2000 points

That's the warshrine guy. Much better than the fuckugly horned head.

Does anyone have a good beginners painting guide?

I've only just begun AoS, and as a result I'm currently messing up an Icebrow Hunter. I'd rather not follow suit on £100+ worth of models.

Here you go, new friend

Bloody hell, I should have checked the catalogue.

Thanks lad!

user with the spare Lord-Veritant here. I am now converting that guy into the beastmaster-type Stormcast that was suggested, but my original paln of giving him a trident and a net sorta faltered on account of there being no fitting net that wouldn't clash horribly with the whole mini.
Now, I thought to myself, why not replace the net with a hook & chain, a la Lobo or Roadhog, to bind or drag down beasts and then stab them with the trident? Pic related.
Opinions?

>beastmaster
>killing beasts with trident
>Master of dead bag of bones and fur
Is he also a necromancer?

I dig them. Thanks for the read!

Well, he *is* Stormcast, so it's not impossible.
But , more seriously, I meant beastmaster in terms of running with a hunting pack of Gryph-hounds, ranging ahead of the rest of the army. and similar ranger-type stuff. I should have been clearer, sorry about that.

Hook and chain seem to be pretty Khornish but it's a good idea. Surely your Lord-Veritant will be uncommo and outstanding - do it

Any guesses on his new rules?
I'm thinking 14 Wounds like the Bloodthirster and a slightly better Melee profile. Interested what the Sword does and if Kairos keeps is dice rule.

Supposedly 14 wounds, Beak has fixed Attacks 2 but Damage 2 and a sword with decaying swings (starting at 6) at 3+/3+ R-1 Dd3, other rules remain the same.
Was told this by a local GW guy, so might be totally made up or might be on point. Take with a heap of salt at any rate.

Yes

Depends on how many players we have. 1v1 we play 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 1800, and 2000 point games. If we have multiple players we usually try to keep games below 1000points per player so it doesn't take 6+ hours.

Obviously Local > Standard
But apparently GW balanced the game around 2000 points for the average game / tournament play

500pts if we just want to move some units and 1000 if we have more time for bigger game

Looks about right. Blightkings can be tough to bring down and sometimes hit very hard.

>Better melee profile than a Bloodthirster
Are you high?

>Are you high?
As a matter of fact. Yes.

Also not a native speaker. I meant better than his current profile, not better than a Thirster. Sorry.

oh my god They are all on the app... the GA are just all the free units and free bataillon of ghe app exept you pau for them to be in a physical book

We all got what you meant, it was clear enough. Well, apart from that one guy.

Man, units warscrolls are free but most battalions on my app are paid. App is asking me to buy battle packs to unlock them.

because they are from other books... battle tome and the likes

Not that user, but the ones from the GA books are locked too, fyi.

GA are locked man, I have found maybe 4-5 unlocked. Some beastmen shit, one battalion for Stormcast eternals and maybe 3 more

GW needs an incentive to buy the books.
I'd bet my life savings they'll do the same with 40k.

How many people IRL have you convinced to buy stuff and play AoS?

0 because my friends are normies

Convinced myself

they are bad and not used tho, and you can see what they do on 1d4 chan

>79/27
Wow this is a pretty dead general

Truly, it is. But hey, just imagine how many people will post here when Dwarf SC box will be spoiled

its like people that like AoS are actually playing the game and painting instead of rambling about the "good ol' world"

What's going on with them bases.
Because I like em

Man i really hope they restock Spire of Dawn.
That shit was gonna be my entry to Warhammer.
No other special release out for High Elves yet so guess i'll just have to wait

what about ur-slaanesh ? is this guy of any importance in the lore ? because a demon underdog try-harding to become a BBG is fairly cool

how so ?

AoS general is quiet because the majority of AoS players are happy with the game. 40k threads are shitfests in which the players argue about X being overpowered or "rate my list" or whatever.

None of that happens in AoS.

I tried with my friends, 1 took the bait and brought his old WHFB army to the table. The other two didn't even want to do that (despite having large WHFB armies from old).
We had a few laughs, and I genuinely think AoS was pretty great, way better than anticipated.
Problem was, the guy playing besides me, played it just as he did his WHFB, where nothing was about the models. All proxy and nothing painted or fully assembled. This was why we quit WHFB to begin with, none of my friends really enjoyed the hobby aspect, to them it was all just a game.

>lol poorfag detected
Kek. Considering i just bought 3000pts worth pf sylvaneth on a whim and my job nets me around $2000 a week after tax. I think i'm fine.

I was making an observation based on the current situation GW are in. The stocks have been steadily dropping as has the overall income/revenue for years now.

>Bragging about your income to anons
Sure thing, friendo. Glad you came here to be obnoxious.

>triggered poorfag

Not bragging, just stating. Regardless GW are losing money by the truckload and such at business.

Well, I wouldn't say "none" but its definitely better by a huge margin!
Since the GHB release, there are those idiots that believes GW can write fair and balanced rules, just because it has a points value in front of it. And they use this excuse to toss their own moral standard aside and WAAC away. This creates the same type of problems as in 40k "your shit is better than my shit".

suck*

Why lying about easily accessible fact ?

Yeesh, what happened in early 2014?

Based Kevin.

Germanon here, Im currently looking for 5 Khorne Warriors, anyone have some to sell? Could also trade to mantic skellies, ghouls and Zombies!

Judging from your initial statement and agreeing with the starter post, one can easily tell you have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

First of. The miniature wargaming hobby isn't expensive, when put in the fact that it is a hobby. A hobby is a luxury, something above your necessities of life, it costs money not all people can afford, no matter the type of hobby you engage in. And since its anons money, not GW´s, he, she or it are fully capable of taking care of their own money, and how they wish to spend it. Thus, a hobby is only as expensive as the spender would like it to be.

Moving on with this, and looking at other hobbies, I can tell you straight of the bat that a collectible Barbie doll will land somewhere between $100-$800 depending on the state its in..... Now thats a fucking doll for those of you who doesn't know.... to have in a glass cabinet, only to brag to other Barbie fans for....
See, even Barbie proved you poorfags wrong. Now if you people just got out the bubble wrap safety of moms basement, you would know this shit. You would also know that you yourself are responsible for the purchase you make, no one else.

>My jobs nets me around $2k/week

Sure it does, now you obviously have bigger issued than the GW price tag. Stop sucking on moms tits and moving to your own place would be a start. Or are you saying they're actually paying these money to obvious idiots like yourself? Then I'm in the wrong trade, and I'm actually somewhat educated!