What does a paladin do when the demon king is vanquished and there's no more evil left to smite?

What does a paladin do when the demon king is vanquished and there's no more evil left to smite?

> Seeing your purpose in smiting
"Paladin" of vengeance, everybody.

Maintain the vigil.
A paladin's duty does not end when his immediate foes are vanquished.
The forces of evil are ever-present and insidious, and you must seek them out where they fester in the hearts of men.
A true paladin does not hang up his sword merely because "the great evil" has been defeated.
It is a life-long calling.

To merely seek vengeance is unbecoming of a holy warrior.

Maintain the peace and wait for the next threat.
Be active in the community.

Spend all his money on women. His job here is done, prepare for a new age by leaving lots of heroic offspring.

Train others in the way, so when the next great evil arises, the people will not be unprepared.

Get a job

Go to see their family? Surely, the paladin deserves some rest after slaying all of the evil.

Putting aside the obvious fact that paladins should be doing more to help the people than smiting evil, just how do you imagine a world to be free of evil? Egregious and possibly magical violations of everyone's free will, everywhere and for all time moving forwards sounds like something that'd need smiting to me? Except of course, if your world is populated exclusively by perfect saints who can never do wrong, nor even so much as entertain the thought of doing so.

>Egregious and possibly magical violations of everyone's free will
Or possibly people just choose not to do evil things.

So it's the other one then? World filled with saints

Feed poor people.

You don't even need a world of saints.
Merely a world with enough genuinely, publicly, honestly good people, and a nice enough upbringing for everyone, that people who would commit acts of evil feel so bad about taking advantage of other people that they just don't do it.

People don't need to be saints, they just need to have no ability to rationalise "evil" actions.

Take a well-earned nap.

Nope, OP said they were gone. You won, Sir user. It's finally over.

Victory wank
A.K.A. lay on hands.

Read the OP. No Evil.

People who've grown up surrounded by nice people have have done shitty things or turned out to be monstrous. Sociopaths and the mentally ill exist. Sometimes, life just deals someone a shit hand and they just can't deal with it. So again, unless you're going to violate everyone's free will from here on out, or the world is filled with living saints, how can there be no more evil to smite? If your world is a post-scarcity utopia, say so from the get go.

I played a paladin. At the end of our campaign when there was no more evil to go fight in the land, I went into the woods and turned into a tree. For two hundred years people would come and visit me, and when evil returned back to the land I awoke once more to resume my duties.

Why a tree?

>So again, unless you're going to violate everyone's free will from here on out, or the world is filled with living saints, how can there be no more evil to smite?
Well, there might be evil, but not in smiteable form. White collar crime, for example, where the evil isn't a physical violence and no-one is in direct immediate danger, but the actual policing doesn't need no smites.

Smite altar boys' black holes and fire his white magic into them.

What if some peon had gone and cut you down during those years of being a tree?

Not sure anymore, to be honest. Probably either because I had played Final Fantasy Adventure during that time.

I'd imagine whatever was made from it would gain some kind of holy or sacred intrinsic properties. Probably would have made a pretty baller bow or spear.

Wait to be killed by your apprentice who falls from grace and gets corrupted. Then a future paladin will fight in your name for vengeance

>no more evil left to smite
HAHAHAHAHAHajahaahaha
Ahahaha ahahaha
hah

Step 1. Make babies with my waifu. Bonus points if she's a celestial of some kind. Crazy dirty ass sex is perfectly noble in the eyes of God as long as we're married, so I hit that ass like a freight train and don't stop hitting it till neither of us can stand. Preferably fill her so full of my seed she can't help but to spawn saintly children. Then I train the next generation to be vigilant, do basic level good deeds and shit, and raise my kids

I also spend time struggling with my PTSD from fight fighting the ebodiment of entropy and suffering, but I'm hoping the waifu ass helps with that.

create a world of conflict, where there will always be evil ripe for the smiting, so that your paladin brothers will have a place to belong

He starts slaying goblins

Sleep. like, A LOT.