SoB thread

To be Celestine is quiet suffering.

Other urls found in this thread:

natfka.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-fall-of-cadia-images-and-massive.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apparently not.

Boring thread, post art.

Since SoB are part of Ecclesiarchy, I'll post it here.

The Imperial church seems to be inspired by the catholic church (or maybe the anglican one? I'm not very knowledgable about the latter), but it seems to me that there is a very big gap in basic doctrine :

In the Imperial Creed, the human form is perfect, instead of being tainted with the original sin.
In the Imperial Creed, you are your body, which explains why mutation is so shunned upon. There is no soul distinct from the flesh.

Have you guys noticed other things in that vein?

Also, previous thread.

Literally a Sigmarine.

That doesnt make sense. Marines are mutated on purpose and receive implants and many people have implants too. If there was anything holy about the human form, or considered perfect, those wouldn't be true, or would be shunned and frowned upon. They aren't.

>no power heels

They are superhuman, but still human.

Marines don't follow the Imperial Creed, neither does the AdMech.

>The first and last of a grand design never realized; the fading fragment of a dream that will never be.
What could this mean?

In old fluff like 2e Sisters codex it's mentioned that there is a considerable controversy about Space Marines and whether they are properly human in the Ecclesiarchy since they're acid-spitting giants, but usually it doesn't escalate into open conflict since SM's are so established in the Imperial order.

>or would be shunned and frowned upon. They aren't.
yes they are

Maybe that Big E tried to make a whole army of beings like Celestine, but never could. Maybe it was his attempt to salvage what his primarch project intended to do. Maybe he found Sanguinious to be his best and most loyal son, and thus sought to create a whole race of Sanguinious-like beings? Yet perhaps there weren't enough humans that pure, so in the end he only made Celestine.

>Somewhere, a cardinal is using the vast ressources under his control to relocate entire worlds via faith crusades and pilgrim caravans, coupled with eugenics programs and biologis experiments, in the hopes of creating the perfect pure human population.

Celestine confirmed for missing primarch

Question:
Here it confirms her physical form is fully manifested from within the warp, sword and all, just like a daemon. Yet, unlike the daemons of Cadia (including the Legion of the Damned), her form isn't swept away when the pylons activate. I wonder why this is. Thoughts?

Daemons don't have a physical form.

When they're in the Materium they do, for all intents and purposes.

Not really though.
They have a simulacrum made of warp energy but no real body unless they happen to be possessing something.

Isn't instability still a thing?

And the answer to the question, as usual, is bad writing.

Point being, Celestine's physical form/simulacrum/whatever (we were just arguing semantics) did not get swept away with the other Warp-generated entities on the battlefield. Speculation as to why this is?

Cardinal Tang did that on ancient Terra, but Empra dealt with him and even used him later as an example of eugenics being bad. Great Crusade also dealt with eugenics-based human societies pretty militantly (though it might be expected that they wouldn't submit to Terran bureaucrats they'd consider genetically inferior ). Imperium seems to have been quite anti-eugenics from the start, for one reason or other. Perhaps the Emperor just wanted to keep a monopoly on transhumans.

>What could this mean?
"We're not doing a full SoB codex"

>Point being, Celestine's physical form/simulacrum/whatever (we were just arguing semantics) did not get swept away with the other Warp-generated entities on the battlefield.

Celestine has a real physical form.
Daemons do not.

Where? How? Did they carry her body to Cadia, where her soul entered it? Was it not incinerated by warmaster Forrax at the end of the Palentine crusades? Where does the physical form come from?

It's in the Warp, and it gets spit out.

I am real interested to see where this is all going. Important worlds falling, a primarch returning, near explicit confirmation of Crystal Dragon Emperor magic. I'm not expecting a setting wipe and rebirth, but I feel like something's going to happen that'll change a lot of fundamental things.

It's mentioned that a few daemons managed to stay on Cadia, though weakened.

Do you have a screencap? I'd like to read.

Probably. SM are made from his own genetic material, after all.

I think I may actually misread it, so I could be wrong.

natfka.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-fall-of-cadia-images-and-massive.html

I think these are the only leaked pages.

Just recently picked up a SoB army on the cheap, and I'm going to give it a test run tonight. Luckily I have a couple of Rhinos from my Marine force, because what I got was completely unmechanized. Firstly, could anyone post Saint Celestine's rules? Secondly, how does this look for a list?

HQ: Saint Celestine: 135

Troops: 10 Sisters: 200
- Veteran Superior
- Simulacrum Imperialis
- 2 Flamers
- Rhino with Laud Hailer

Troops: 10 Sisters: 210
- Veteran Superior
- Simulacrum Imperialis
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino with Laud Hailer

Fast: 10 Seraphim: 170
- 2x 2 Hand Flamers

Heavy: Pentient Engine: 80

Heavy: 5 Retributors: 100
- 4 Heavy Bolters

Heavy: 5 Retributors
- 4 Multi-Meltas

Celestine's rules are in the digital Adepta Sororitas codex. Not going to be replaced(?) until Fall of Cadia comes out in.

Maybe the fact that Empy is always between life and death and as such, Living Saints are luch weaker than what they should be. I could see it as Empy needs to be properly alive to use the full power of godhood he has been granted by the veneration of the Imperium, but because he uses that power to stay alive, the dream of an actual godly Emperor is merely dream.

Rhinos Laud Hailer and Veteran. Nice wasted points there.
No Dominions
Celestine and full squad of Seraphim
Multi Meltas in Retribution squad.

You are going to get table turn 3 if your opponent is bad.

Sadly with SoB you either go Full MSU or big blobs of 20 girls.

Penitent Engines are always wasted points.

Unless you run 6-9 at 1000 points or lower knowing no one is running Knights or other LoW. Also make sure to have 75% terrain. Otherwise those magnificent bastard just die.

In case you didn't Notice PE are walking open top rhinos. Everyone with S5 will destroy them, anyone with 6S will pen them and make them explode for sure since they are Open top.

What you have doesn't even function on their own.

Think of SoB as Guardsmen that might survive more shit due to 3+/6++ You don't have the numbers or the support of IG.

Quick fix.

Run Rhinos as Immolators, run meltaguns as heavy flamer and flamers as flamers. Reduce squads to 5, no more upgrades. But my Veteran ... No! stop it! My Simulacrum! No idiot stop those come later.

Now add those simulacrums and extra bolter girls to the Retribution squads. Run the Multi Meltas as heavy flamers and get some pipes to hide in.

If you can get a bastion or make sure the Heavy bolter girls are inside cover.

Have the Seraphim squad that has Celestine be a superior so she can tank the challenge for Celestine. (Since Celestine does not have EW)

If you really want more melta just run the flamers as melta guns.

Non Twin-Linked Multi-Melta with SoB is stupid.

What I have: ~30 normal girls, 10 seraphim, 5 celestians with bolters, a canoness, Celestine, like five or six SI holders, a pentient engine, 2 flamer girls, 2 meltas, 4 HBs, 4 MMs, a pentient engine, and what I can import from my Marines. I've got two Immolators on order, but only so much I can do till they get here. I'm also mostly facing mech guard who are getting back in after a long time out of the game.

mankind ascension into psychically illuminated beings

Read Also Celestians are Battle Sisters there is no difference miniature wise.

Thinking of converting something into Repentias. I don't know what yet but I know I want to use the heads from the Sisters of Silence sprue.

Any suggestions for what I might use to kit-bash?

Will try. I've got some time, so I'll inventory:

5 Helmeted Sisters with bolters
2 Helmeted Sister with SI
2 Helmeted Sisters with plasma pistol and chainsword
18 unhelmeted Sisters with boltguns
3 unhelmeted Sisters with SI
2 unhelmeted Sisters with bolter and chainsword
3 Sisters with Flamer
2 Sisters with Melta
5 Sisters with Multi-Melta
4 Sisters with Heavy Bolter
1 Sister with Storm Bolter
7 Seraphim with 2 bolt pistols
2 seraphim with 2 hand flamers
1 seraphim with bolt pistol and chainsword
Celestine
1 priest
1 canoness
Karamazov

My understanding is the Imperial Creed doesn't really have any actual theology beyond "Worship the Emperor, Abhor the Witch, Mutant and Xenos", and every place worships the emperor differently.

Oh, and a pentient engine that keeps falling apart.

Imperial creed:

>We believe in one God, the Almighty Emperor, The Master of Mankind.

>By whom all mankind was made.

>Who, for mankind and for our salvation, was incarnate and lead mankind in the great crusade;

>who forged the Imperium and then ascended the Golden Throne to sustain it.

>from thence he shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead.

Try again, helmets do not mean shit. So I'll assume you are autistic or just trolling.

Go and read the bloody codex is not hard to make a list, specially with SoB that have like 3 options and thats it.

helped you a lot, we are not going to make you a list from the shit you have.

Who would talk shit about Emperor's chosen protectors of humankind?

She's too good for this world. That's why she's going away now. Humanity doesn't deserve her.

Hey, bitch nigga, this is no place for logical questions and rational thinking. This is 40K you just accept that shit, capiche?

Is this what it is to be a true hero of the Imperium? Letting your soul slowly get eaten by daemons all for a bunch of squabbling insane psychotic apes who may or may not fall to and join your greatest foes at any moment?

Everyone else.

Did you know?
The Sarissa bayonet used by the sisters of battle is named after the spear used by macedonian phalanxes.

Why are Sisters so fat?

>1 seraphim with bolt pistol and chainsword
Sister superior has downgraded weaponry compared to the regular seraphims for no reasons. It's so sad.

I don't know what helmets do and don't mean, desu. I've seen the codex, but I inherited this army from a friend of mine, and I don't know if there's any significant difference between models - I want to proxy as little as possible, so I was being precise. The help that I have is useful, but I still look at the army and see only flaws compared to my AdMech or Marines, the other two armies I've got going, so I thought I'd see what I was missing.

Reaver minis has a large range of female models available.

Some Tharn Bloodweavers from Hordes might do the trick. If you file the feral ornaments down.

Aren't sisters supposed to go kill rogue chapters?

Marines dont follow the Imperial Creed, they have their own cults which venerate the Emperor as an ancestor rather than a god, this ancestor worship takes many forms and is why Dreadnoughts are also venerated.

Besides that Marines sacrifice their humanity to become a weapon to destroy the enemies of man, they are more than human but also absolutely inhumane as they sacrifice their lives in order to wage war for the rest of their lives. Space Marines are monsters created to fight monsters.

Sisters purge heretics, if a chapter goes rogue then they are heretics and the Sisters may be called upon to exterminate them just like that inquisitor tried to do to the Space Wolves. Crimson Fists are also a chapter thats been called to destroy rogue chapters every now and then.

No? That's the Minotaurs' thing.

thats old old old RT lore, not been canon for ages