>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

anydice.com/program/a567
dzcblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-shaltari-guide-to-mastery-of.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do we fix heavy guns, lads?

Give Heavy guns A2A, ships carrying them gain Atmospheric. MAN THE OARS, MEN

they dont need fixing, they just need to be a better platform, right now PHR has only Four ships with heavy guns, Minos, Herk, Achilles, and Perseus. The Mions and Herk, are fine they are battleships designed to kill and or mess up other battleships. The Achilles is also fine its just highly specialized towards punching above its weight, the Perseus is a schizo ship that doesnt know what it wants to do and thus fails at everything. What is needed is one or both of the following:

A: Cruiser with Heavy + Mediums on each side linked, and a baby burnthrough
B: Light Cruiser with Heavy + Mediums on each side linked

>they dont need fixing
They really do; they're only better than mediums against H/S ships with 3+ armor, and even then just barely.

anydice.com/program/a567

And by "just barely" I mean "the difference is negligible in the span of a single game"

Each heavy slot does 3 shots instead of 2.

So the Achilles is 6 shots per broadside instead of 4 and the BB is 9 instead of 6.

That makes the Achilles the equivalent of a Moscow: brute damage but fairly fragile for its cost.

It does make the BB great

As another note because I keep posting before I'm done, the regularity and probability of the heavy guns hitting is definitely a point in favor of them, it's just that they run into the same problem as Shaltari particle weapons: they just don't do enough damage, even with that near assured chance to hit.
Additionally, the fact that heavy guns only just plink away at their targets (big huge ships with loadsa hull) means that even this guranteed damage isn't doing the proper job.

They need to do 2 damage per hit against H/S ships, whether it be on any hit, or just critical hits.

It also makes heavy guns straight up superior to medium guns in all circumstances, even against non H/S targets.

Fusilade (1 per every 2 AD)

We could always reduce the cost associated with heavy guns. Not sure if that would be the actually 'correct' choice, but it would probably help the ships equipped with them see play.

When we start seeing heavy ships with 3+ reinforced I think the heavy guns will come into their own.

but PHR seems like the most likely candidate for that sort of ship

More like UCM. PHR is going to get regen AND reinforced :D

[Screams Internally]

Sure but who cares? Heavies limitation is that they're pretty rare and the ships that they're on are fairly specialized

It's like complaining about UCM 3+ guns being better than the 4+ guns.

6400s are explicitly supposed to be an upgrade from 4400s.
The various PHR calibers are all supposed to be sidegrades.

Mediums are better at bombardment and frigate sniping :V

its a stupid and arbitrary paradigm that was a neat idea but it's okay to throw it out if it isn't working

Fair Point
In any case, it'd be kind of weird to give them 3 attacks over 2 damage, but it's probably the best decision out of the two.

Either would make the Perseus a decent ship, while 2 damage per attack would allow the PHR battleships to do 12 damage per firing, and the Achilles to do 8, which doesn't match up with the PHR paradigm of "75% to 90% of equivalent cruiser firepower per side"

3 attack per would keep the Achilles and Heracles/Minos in line with that, while the Perseus would still not be absolute dogshit.

I decided to catalog the relevant stats of the faction's weapons for easy access; the bottom bit are just ideas that fit within the current progression structure.

Interesting note out of all this is that the Shaltari actually have one of the best CAWs in the game, not in the Microwave Array, but in the Ion Aura. Only the Plasma Tempest and Plasma Cyclone beat it in sheer power, and the Shaltari's extended scan range makes up for that.

thanks for all the advice from the last thread I'm now trying to figure out how to turn it into some kind of list this is my first attempt

--------------------------------------
PHR starter+ - 1129pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (180pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)

SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (285pts)
1 x Hector - 170pts - H
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR14 Line battlegroup (338pts)
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
4 x Europa - 160pts - L

SR9 Pathfinder battlegroup (286pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Advice?

What point level are you playing at?
The more common ones are 750, 999, and 1500.

The list itself looks pretty solid, but I'd split up the line battlegroup into two groups of 1 theseus 2 europa each, and put the Orpheus in its own line battlegroup.

Question for scourge- which of their light / heavy / normal cruisers are the ones really worth taking?
As I've found myself in a position where I'm not sure what to build for them.

I don't actually know, I was originally aiming for 1k, but I couldn't make one that wasn't either 9 points over, or like 30 under. so I decided to just shove everything together and try and figure out how good battle groups work.

Edited to bring under 999, and split the theseus's. not sure if I want the extra medea or the extra europa. I think medea wins because playing the objective wins, not shooting ships
PHR starter+ - 990pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

+ Fleet Vizier (20pts, 2AV)

SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (285pts)
1 x Hector - 170pts - H
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR5 Line battlegroup (89pts)
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M

SR7 Line battlegroup (169pts)
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (130pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (117pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Medea - 39pts - L

Personally, I'd drop the Hector and stick the Ikarus into a pathfinder group with two Medeas.
Reduce the other pathefinder group to two Medeas, maybe stick some Echos in there.
If you have room you could add some Pandoras in with the Bell.

Perfect, except I end up with 9 frigs instead of 8 and I don't have enough models --------------------------------------
PHR starter+ - 999pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (280pts)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (209pts)
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
3 x Europa - 120pts - L

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

1 x Theseus - 89pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (193pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (78pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

Drop a Europa and increase your Admiral to AV3 as well as replacing one of the Theseus with an Orion; I'd recomend keeping the lone Theseus as a Theseus, while making the one with the 2 Europas an Orion.

I like it, thanks /DCG/

PHR starter+ - 997pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (187pts)
2 x Europa - 80pts - L
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

1 x Theseus - 89pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (193pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (78pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

Looks solid fampaitachi, good luck in bringing the might of the sphere down on filthy baselines.

Remember that Regenerate has a 1/6 chance of causing a point of damage for every die you roll.
And you lose it if you ever drop below 1/2 health.

>All the dreadnaughts will have Reinforced armor though as Hawk stated that Dreads will have much the same Hullpoints as BBs but still be tougher.

Alexander/Iskander class dreadnought when?

I missed that.

Maybe a Scourge with Beast and Regen?

>still no package or tracking notice
>other backers saying their packages were sent to the wrong address
It's not coming, is it?

Odysseus class when?

I'd be okay with a destroyer on account of being known for his shrewdness, but the guy's practically mandatory.

Do we have an Argo or Iason class either at this point?

Copperhead would be BT3 instead of BT4, since it's the same as the PHR babby laser.

The turrets could progress in a number of different ways, it hasn't been linear so far. 3 3+ shots per turret is another possibility, or perhaps something like 6400s that do 2 damage.

>Copperhead would be BT3 instead of BT4, since it's the same as the PHR babby laser.
Eh, that's a boring progression though. As of now the two most likely "progressions" from cobra to viper is either doubling the number of shots to add on 2 more BTL cap, or adding on two more shots. Only the former allows for a light laser.

It also means the PHR and UCM have differing laser progressions; the UCM have less overall damage capacity at the more "powerful" lasers, with better lasers as they get smaller, but are more likely to get more damage.
PHR get more maximum damage, at the cost of less attacks.

Bump

Yknow, I wonder, are those little hangar bays on the side just for shuttles and the like? Or do they carry a small complement of Archangels/Seraphim/etc like the frigates?

>No new faction till possibly next year.

Kill me.

>tfw you're more interested in the aesthetic than in the rules
They had best be xenos

Probably shuttles. I doubt ships that can't go into atmosphere would keep atmospheric craft inside them, seems kind of pointless.

That makes me wonder then; do the non-strike carrier frigates carry atmospheric craft, even though they're not atmospheric? They have the same hangar as the Nawlins, but it can be easily explained away as a standardized component of the hull.

I wonder where the Scourge deploy their Corsairs from, and the PHR their Athenas.

The Shaltari, I presume, just teleport their Warspears in from a voidgate and they fly down.

Corsairs could potentially come from all Scourge frigates, and as fast movers you'd want them to be able to redock so deploying them the same way as dropships would maybe be a bad idea.

Athenas probably just come from Medeas, maybe even launched from the same hangars as dropships.

Lads, post your DFC lists, I'm in need of inspiration.
Preferably UCM or PHR.

>moth is having a commission sale
Should I be a sassy ass and commission a Shaltari shipgirl to distract him from Miss Scourge?

Wew Lad - 994pts
PHR - 8 launch assets

SR12 Line battlegroup (258pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (329pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M
2 x Andromeda - 84pts - L

SR6 Pathfinder battlegroup (207pts)
3 x Echo - 90pts - L
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Medea - 39pts - L

>tfw baselines slow down to assail your linebreaker group and eat a faceful of max range bombers for their trouble

Depends on the Shaltari Shipgirl in question and whether she'll be a cute anime girl or an actual Shaltari

Well shit, sorry user, but I just realized I lead you astray. That's a skirmish level fleet, and those can only have 4 BGs.
I'd combine the two Pathfinder Groups into one, move the Theseus to that group, and move the Ikarus in with the Orpheus.

I like it user; how does 3 strike 1 troop usually end up working out for you, at 999?

I've only had one game with that list so far. The ground fighting was pretty close, so I might try to swap in a fourth Medea somehow next time.

so like this?
also ships all put together, and it had some magnets handy so all my frigs are magnetized!

Hopefully I'll get some time off tomorrow to throw some paint on them, thinking going with grey for the weapon banks, white on hull sections and an angled stripe of orange down the side (I play Bakunin in infinity so they're the paints I have >.>)
PHR starter+ - 997pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (187pts)
2 x Europa - 80pts - L
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR9 Pathfinder battlegroup (245pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

Wups pic didn't attach

Maybe put the Theseus in with one of the broadside battlegroups; you want your strike carriers to have a low strategy rating to keep them out of bad situations.

I'm going to a 999 point tournament this month, my plan is to bring this:

PHR 999 - 981pts
PHR - 8 launch assets

SR15 Line battlegroup (337pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M
2 x Ikarus - 230pts - M

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (256pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (208pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

Could we have her bullying voidgate-chan?

I think scourge-chan > hedgehog though

>All this ball fondlers WEW

BEST FACTION COMING THROUGH

UCM STRONK - 1494pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (284pts)
1 x Beijing - 252pts - S
+ UCM Commodore (40pts, 3AV)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (227pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR15 Line battlegroup (375pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (206pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
1 x Lima - 37pts - L
1 x Berlin - 105pts - M

SR6 Pathfinder battlegroup (206pts)
3 x Toulon - 105pts - L
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (156pts)
4 x Taipei - 156pts - L

I was surprised by the sheer size of the PHR BB.

>Lima with Toulons
>no Lima with Avalon
Ey wat. I can sorta understand putting a Jakarta on a sniper but that just don't make sense.

Going by that picture you can be further concerned, because I think the Shaltari BB is even bigger, also the particle triad section alone is as long as cruiser.

Well, the Lima has Outlier, so you could make the argument that it doesn't really matter WHERE you put it, as long as it gets a chance to Active Scan before the Avalon goes.

And it's not like either of those particular Battlegroup is going to need to go Weapons Free all that often is it?

...although why he's split them up instead of having a single group of 2 in the Pathfinder group I cannot fathom.

cant only one ship per group active scan at a time, i know the lima can always active scan regardless of special orders, but does it ignore the one ship per group rule as well?

nm it makes no sense really

You split up your limas to increase the likely hood you can scan your target when you need to. Also it is to keep battlegroups a small as possible.

In this build the two opener groups should usually be the Berlin or Toulon group. Which ever one goes first, the other on paper will go last. That way you might get a double scan from last turn to first turn or a scan laser to hit major spike.

Yep, tnat looks pretty good!

> but does it ignore the one ship per group rule as well?

Yes. That's what Detector does.

I like it, looks pretty damn solid. The Orion 2x Theseus brick is nice.

I like it, it looks pretty damn solid.
I'd personally get rid of the Avalon Jakarta (you already have two Seattles, you're fairly set on PD) and move the Pathfinder Lima to the Avalon, possibly giving it two Limas rather than just one. Having the third Lima with the Berlin is also a good choice, and you could try doubling it up to four if you dropped, say, a Toulon.

So, there's five general types of non-strike-carrier frigate right now:
Gun, Alternate, CAW, Defense, Support

The UCM have the Toulon (Gun), the Taipei (CAW), the Lima (Support), and the Jakarta (Defense)

The Scourge have the Harpy (Gun), the Djinn (CAW), the Charybdis (Support), and the Scylla (Alternate)

The PHR have the Europa (Gun), the Pandora (Alternate), the Calypso (Defense), and the Andromeda (Support)

The Shaltari have the Topaz (Gun), the Jade (Alternate), the Opal (Defense), and the Amethyst (CAW)

What would be a good UCM alternate frigate, a Scourge defense frigate, a PHR CAW frigate, and a Shaltari support frigate?

UCM (alternate) could have a 6400 in a spinal mount, gives it say 2-3 3+ shots but only in F(N) maybe also with bloom

Scourge (defense) maybe a frigate that doesnt deploy troops at all, but instead has a giant version of the scourge Arc weapons, and thusly can park over a cluster and act as a defense battery if in atmosphere

PHR (CAW) some sort of drone hive type frigate

Shaltari (Support) Gravity sling frigate, has a gravity array, allows it to convey the vectored rule to shaltari ships within 4" or something, also acts as a CAW weapon with impel?

I like the UCM idea, sans bloom. Just giving it a 3+ 2 attack 1 damage cannon would be pretty cool. Since the normal 6400 turret actually has two barrels, it could have them split between its wings.

Scourge sounds neat as well, like it's a voidgate. It'd also be cool as a powerful a2a CAW thing too, to complement the Scylla as a defensive ship.

PHR is obvious, but anything special?

Shaltari sounds very interesting, I can only imagine the shenanigans that'd get up to with the Obsidian and Granite.

>I like the UCM idea, sans bloom. Just giving it a 3+ 2 attack 1 damage cannon would be pretty cool. Since the normal 6400 turret actually has two barrels, it could have them split between its wings.
Actually, why not make it the entire front arc, with the guns having limited range of motion due to their size? If it were F(N) only, I'd definitely bump it up to 3 attacks, maybe even 4.

PHR CA ship could come with swarmer, maybe fluff it as fancy networked drones or something. That would be a bit more unique.

Not so sure about just having a slightly different gun with slightly different arcs for UCM though. All the other alt ships have had a special gimmick, Pandora has BT+flash, Jade has particle, and Scylla shoots up like a weirdo. But it seems gimmicks are something the UCM is a bit short on.
Maybe a 3+ 2 shot F(N) gun, but it has fusillade 2, giving it 4 shots if it goes weapons free. That would be very distinct from Toulon, almost like a bizzaro Toulon.

Possibly, having a frigate have a proper reason to go weapons free would be pretty cool. It'd be a nice supplement to go along with heavy cruisers or battleships, to maximize their weapons free.

Another idea is to just give it the equivalent of a single 6400 turret in the narrow arc, but give it vectored as well as an experimental fast frigate.

>mfw host species think they're hot shit

GEE BILL HOW COME YOUR MOM LETS YOU HAVE FOUR AKUMA - 1496pts
Scourge - 5 launch assets

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H
+ Fleet Enslaver (20pts, 2AV)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

1 x Akuma - 205pts - H
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR7 Line battlegroup (174pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (149pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M
2 x Nickar - 44pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (204pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (129pts)
3 x Djinn - 129pts - L

Bump for lists

That sure looks amusing.
Carrier and corvette cover seem a little thin though.

I could probably drop the Ifrit for another Hydra, in all honesty, and replace the Djinn with Corvettes.

There we go

GEE BILL HOW COME YOUR MOM LETS YOU HAVE FOUR AKUMA - 1493pts
Scourge - 10 launch assets

1 x Basilisk - 205pts - H
+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

1 x Akuma - 205pts - H
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR7 Line battlegroup (149pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M
2 x Nickar - 44pts - L

1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (76pts)
2 x Nickar - 44pts - L
1 x Gargoyle - 32pts - L

And for the hell of it:

Shaltari Cheese - 1496pts
Shaltari - 7 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (350pts)
1 x Platinum - 270pts - S
+ High Starchief (100pts, 5AV)
2 x Opal - 80pts - L

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (400pts)
1 x Ruby - 200pts - H
1 x Ruby - 200pts - H

SR8 Line battlegroup (145pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (211pts)
1 x Turquoise - 115pts - M
2 x Amethyst - 96pts - L

I could use some advice, /dcg/. I just picked up a Shaltari Dropzone starter to compliment the dropfleet stuff I've been working on. Looking to expand on it to the 999 and 1500 levels, since I learn better at above starter level games. I found an interesting overview for the faction (dzcblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-shaltari-guide-to-mastery-of.html) but it's pre-phase 2, so I'm curious where that stuff stands and what you guys would recommend for someone.

So for infantry, a few braves and the rest pungari. For AA a single panther and some kukuris. For ground attack, Tomahawks for standard, dream snares are good in heavy so are caimans. Firedrakes are neat too. Coyote commander.

Build your list around that. Sneaking a few other options in to taste. I don't hear good things about Samurai or Ronin. The little walkers are okay. Ocelot meh, Leopard is alright. Warspear meh.

Norfolk Class UCM Missile Destroyer 65 points

Scan SIG Thurst Hull A PD G T
8 6 10 6 4+ 4 2-4 L

UF-4200
4+ 2 1 F/S
Hammerhead Missile Bay
4+ D6+6 1 F/S/R Close Action, Fusillade(4)

Taipei's big sister. Long range close action ship which has an powerful sensor package. The result is it ends up having a signature larger than its class to compensate for its increased scan.

If you take Panthers outside of a tournament and someone punches you, you deserve it.

??? - 1481pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR19 Flag battlegroup (376pts)
1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
+ UCM Commodore (40pts, 3AV)
4 x Taipei - 156pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (262pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR7 Line battlegroup (175pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (284pts)
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR10 Pathfinder battlegroup (344pts)
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
2 x Jakarta - 64pts - L
>tfw wish I could fit in a St. Petersburg because it's my favorite even if it's questionably effective
>tfw wish I could fit in a Moscow because I have one, muh starter set et al
>tfw wish I could fit in a pair of rios or another seattle or another three SAntiagos just 'cause.
I suppose I could shave a little off the admiral and add another santiago somewhere. Or another Taipei.

Worried about sticking Tapies with BB, but the purpose of the Tokyo is to sit on top of a big objective and deny enemy landing by sheer presence.
More worried about having to buy another 19 frigates to make this doable.

Alright duly noted.
Thanks. Any advice on amount of gates? The article I linked talked about walking on most of the stuff, and mostly just using the gates for movement shenanigans in the late game

The panther really that devisive?

I'm not sure I'd call it divisive. It's generally agreed upon that the thing is bullshit, the only question is whether you want to take advantage of that as a Shaltari player.

That site has some interesting list builds for PHR, pic related. I kind of want to try it.

What does the Dreamsnare go with, surely you don't take it alone?

And I thought the Caiman was the meme commander of this Phase.

The Dreamsnare goes with everything; In particular a 1x Dreamsnare 2x Leopard block is terrifying.

The Caiman is the big grav tank with the triple gauss guns.
The Gharial is the big command grav tank with the microwave cannon.
Isis is the meme commander with a big grav tank and particle cannon.
The Crocodile is Isis' tank as a heavy choice, but tuned down to "not absolute bullshit"

Having played dropfleet, is dropzone as brutal and annihilation-prone as the fleet? Do you tend to have units that survive the match, or is it usually a both-sides-massacre too?

it depends on who is playing who, what the objective is, and how you set-up your army list, but yes Dropzone can easily become a horrible slaughter, actually can happen faster and more brutally than in Dropfleet in the right setup. However is also possible to annihilate your opponent while preserving most of your force as well if you play well, and have a weaker opponent.

I had a game where I played as Resistance vs UCM and i almost tabled my opponent by turn 5, but then we stupidly played battle royale. NEVER PLAY BATTLE ROYALE.

It also happens, quite a bit, that you can nearly table your opponent and still lose. That's one of the reasons I like the game, objectives are THE most important thing, and wiping out the enemy force is secondary. Hell, I've seen a number of games where each side lost less than 25% of their forces during the entire game, and still had a clear winner.

Yeah i have experienced that, I played a game as Scourge against Shaltari, I was attack and the shaltari were defending, and the game type was demolition. At the end of the game I had 3 tanks alive out of my 1500 point army. My opponent didnt lose a single unit, but he only won the game 3 VP to 2 VP, and I was literally 3 DP on a building away from victory. If my Desolater with my commander had not died on turn two going to the deck, I most certainly would have won the game.

That sort of thing tends to happen to Truck and Technical-heavy Resistance armies a lot. You'll lose damn near everything, but one cheeky cunt on a bike is like "lol my objective thnx."

It's hilarious to watch, but not fun to be on the receiving end of. It is one of the things that makes the game feel unique though.

Question/Opinion request, do you think this color scheme will translate well to DFC scourge ships, or does it need tweaking. Pic might not be best quality.