MTG Banned & Restricted

Update hits in few hours.
Post predictions
>Banned
>Unbanned

First for no changes across the board.

I feel like one of the important Dredge cards is gonna be banned from modern. Probably Life From the Loam or Golgari Grave Troll, but it could be Prized Amalgam instead.

Still holding out hope that they finally ban Glisner Elf, Blighted Agent, and Inkmoth Nexus

Not Inkmoth. I like my alt-wins in Affinity.

I feel like something big is going to happen. This update is a week earlier than normal, and they even posted a tweet as a sort of buildup.

Will this be another reminder that I wasted $10 for a playset of bbe?

inb4 they randomly ban saheeli or cat because they fear splinter twin vol.2

>Commander Bans:
Deadeye Navigator
Doubling Season
Leovold

without a doubt. They're never making that thing legal while Jund is a thing

Forgot Deepglow Skate

Most probable
Didn't GGT just get unbanned? Not that I disagree

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd like to see unbans across the board: BBE might as well be unbanned in this cancerous Modern format, along with JTMS and Mental Misstep. Make Control Playable Again

Ban- tarmagoofs because I bought mine
Unban- Splinter Twin because I sold mine

Eh, Deepglow Skate is fine, but degenerate. Without doubling season or deadeye I think it's nerfed sufficiently.

Also, when will people ever play Thief of Blood? That shit is like a hard counter for this kind of nonsense.

I sounds ike something big. Hopefully it will be something exciting.

Just imagine

A standard ban

GGT did get unbanned. Then SOI happened and Dredge got Prized Amalgan (and to a lesser extent Haunted Dead) and became the top deck in the meta

>playing hate in EDH
you sound like the kind of faggot who puts Bojuka Bog in every deck

not that guy but when your deck consists of mimeoplasm, kaalia reanimator, and karador you tend to pack some graveyard hate

hell one of our players even plays mainboard rest in peace

>hell one of our players even plays mainboard rest in peace
It's a trap. He's slow-rolling a Helm of Obedience.

>you sound like the kind of faggot who puts Bojuka Bog in every deck
You mean Tormods? But yes, that's how I build decks. Not building for commonly encountered decks is the biggest sign of a scrub. For example, I have an extremely stompy Uril deck designed specifically to coast through counterspells and smack blue players in the nuts, but, I don't bring it out very often because it's not geared to a multiplayer environment.

Yeah, but this is Commander we're talking about. It's significantly more fun when everyone has a chance to play with their janky cards without being hated out.

>yfw they ban Fatal Push and Electrostatic Pummeler before they're even released

how did you know

Some new ridicilous combo in Standard?
Fill me in, havent played in a while.

You're missing the point.

It's significantly more fun when everyone has a chance to play with their janky cards and don't have to deal with bullshit telegraphed pseudo-spike commanders that fold easily to a few cards.

>First for no changes across the board.

The B&R schedule is one week after Prerelease.

This is an emergency ban announcement two weeks early. They are definitely changing the B&R list.

My guess is Marvel and Guardian, "Standard is not a Turn 4 format".

Wizards don't control Commander bans

Modern.
>You get two coppies of Saheeli in your graveyard and play Sun Titan.
>You -2 the Saheeli targeting the Sun Titan
>You target the other Saheeli with the token copy of Sun Titan
>Legend rule applies, sacrifice the Saheeli that's already created a token
>Repeat from step two
You end up with infinite Sun Titans with haste and win from there.

Interestingly enough, the deck has actually been doing the best in Vintage, where Oath of Druids and Forbidden Orchard can be used to cheat in your Sun Titan early

Everything does well in Vintage.

There's a million cards and about a dozen players, everything eventually top 8s a tournament regardless of how bad it is.

There's one in standard with the new set. There's a 1/4 cat that blinks another permanent when it ETB's. Saheeli copies it, the token bounces Saheeli and you -2 her again to make another token, and such on.

It's fragile af, but it is 2 cards.

Narcomoeba ban for dredge and become immense ban for infect. Rest of the format is healthy. Ban all reserve list cards in legacy just to shake it up.

Hope:
Everything from Dredge + Mutagenic Growth or Become Immense banned, Twin unbanned.

Counterbalance banned.

Realistically:
Something Standard-related that no reasonable person cares about, no other changes.

Unban stoneforge mystic please wizards. ;_; I just bought a playset for legacy and playing with this card is so much fun that I don't want to play anything else anymore.

It's GOT to be a pre-release Standard ban, or a Frontier announcement, right?

There's NO reason to issue a surprise announcement otherwise, B&R update is next week.

MaRo has stated that an eternal format between modern and standard should probably be post-tarkir, because they don't want fetches. I can't imagine them releasing that format with so few cards in that pool, which would basically be standard+origins until sept.

It does seem a little funky that we're getting the ban early though.

They could just ban fetches. A friend of mine came up with postmodern (RTR-> fetches and Rally banned) ,it's pretty good and not just 4c goodstuff.

>it's pretty good and not just 4c goodstuff.

wow, great thing that you and your friend have done all the testing necessary to equal the thousands of man hours professional players will put into optimizing the format!

>Frontier
Thanks for the laugh friend.

Then it becomes CoCo the format.

The card pool isn't all that big and we've had about 10 players at it for the past months, you just take every past Standard deck and make the strictly better upgrades and mash the individually best cards in colors xyz to midrange piles and that's basically it.

It's not, for example UW control and BR monoremovalandgoblindankdwellers.dec shits all over that.

If Frontier wants to be a thing it needs to ban CoCo, fetches and Rhino. Everything else is fair game IMO. Rally with a less consistent manabase is fine I think.

No. Add green to UW and you have bant CoCo. Grixis and whatever shit you just said doesn't shit on it. You either line up really well because you have the nuts, or you just get shit on, which is the specific likelihood. You're bringing spell queller to a fight that can summon reflector mage at instant speed.

electro has been out for months

CoCo and 3 drops just isn't that great vs Verdict+counters, Dispel off the side and Sphinx's Rev for 5+.

Negate. You can run it in CoCo. Queller.

Do you know what Supreme Verdict reads?

>Standard

Banned: Felidar Guardian

>Modern

Unbanned: None

Banned: Ancient Stirrings, Golgari Grave Troll, Gitaxian Probe

>Ancient Stirrings
I get the whole "it's strictly better than Ponder and Preordain in the decks that run it" but just lol.

Queller eats Verdict. Dispel was in standard at the same time of CoCo iirc too, didn't change much.

Why probe?

>frontier
>my sides

Someone please reply to this post when it's happening so I can stop refreshing and get some work done

How is that wasted?

The risk vs. reward ratio is fucking staggering for that outcome. Or are you so fucking poor that $10 is actually a big sum for you?

It takes away some of the inevitability from decks like Eldrazi and Tron. It also matches the precedent set by banning cards like Ponder and Preordain.

Because free spells that fill the graveyard are busted.

1100 PST use a fucking clock

The only reason guardian gets banned is if Wizards completely missed the combo with Saheeli during development, which would be a hilarious display of incompetence. I am guessing it will be something to do with standard or else they wouldn't be releasing the change early.

>git gud probe
Lol what?

You are mentally deficient.

Saw a good point raise: the normal B&R day is a holiday, and no one is going to be working in WOTC

It might legitimately be "no changes".

Or if this is too hard, 1 hour and 10 minutes from now.

Hey its going down. They banned Lightning Bolt.

I would be kind of disappointed.

They did the B&R on MLK Day last year, so that is wrong.

fair enough, thanks

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why? She's great in Cube and Commander. Get them signed by Stevie boy and have a ball with her.

Yeah but MLK was op in the current meta. That nan was justified.

still died to removal

I saw a probably fake leak around, might as well post it

>Standard
Felidar banned

>Modern
Blood Moon banned
Become Immense banned
BBE unbanned

Also some kind of Frontier announcement.

On a side note, wouldn't it be a good idea for Wizard to announce a post-modern format with important advance, like a few blocks before it kicks in?

This is so stupid I actually wouldn't be surprised after the Twin ban.

I like the idea of getting rid of BI, and I kinda understand what the purpose of a BM band would be. On the other side, there's litterally no reason of buffing Jund unbanning BBE, and actually touching standard short before a PT out of fear of a simple combo that noone saw coming during testing is such a retarded thing that I actually kind of see it coming from WotC

BI ban instead of Mutagenic and/or Gitaxian Probe would leave UR Fiend untouched which is just as obnoxious t3 deck that only thrives because there's no Twin and Lightning Bolt isn't enough against it. Dredge needs to get the fuck out of the format since it wins every g1 that doesn't involve a faster goldfish and turns games 2 and 3 for every other deck into "have rip/cage/trap in your top 8 cards or lose", regardless of meta shares (since Twin also got banned despite being less represented across all color combinations than BGx and Affinity).

unban treasure cruise for legacy
unban twin and mystic for modern
eh,who am I kidding, there will be no changes

Keep in mind that Fiends deck were always less consistent than infect and that Fatal Push is going to be a thing. Still I agree that doing nothing against Dredge is stupid

72nd for
>Ban: lightning bolt, serum visions
>Unban: splinter twin, treasure cruise

UR Fiend is *more* consistent with more actual threasts, cantrips that find you more action, free wins with Blood Moon and comebacks with flipped Thing in the Ice in exchange to less resiliency vs multiple removal spells in a row.

If they step up and ban Emrakul or Aetherworks I'll have my faith restored in WOTC.

Felidar won't be much of a problem, it's a 3 color combo with many ways to disrupt

There is no way there are no changes for a surprise push forward a week with only 5 hours notice. It heavily implies something which will impact standard.

15 mins boys

15 mins until Wizards proves once again they have no idea what they're doing

How long till announcements?

Nvm

Top of the hour, 12 minutes.

Been waiting 3 hours for lunch break to say "I'm all in on this post"

The bright side of Wizards' fuckups is that they happen with such regularity that they don't take you by surprise anymore

hey pal, can I have some of whatever you're smoking?

I don't know why they haven't bothered scheduling EMERGENCY BANS every week or so with how often they happen

It's coming bois

WOW

wow

It up yet?

>505

Thank you wotc.

MODERN: HOLY SHIT ARTIFACT LANDS UNBANNED

STANDARD: EMRAKUL BANNED

(You)

heh

If you're gonna lie, make it believable

WHERE IS THE ARTICLE WOTC, YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE AN ARTICLE

ANCIENT STIRRINGS BANNED

BECOME IMMENSE BANNED

AETHERWORKS MARVEL BANNED IN STANDARD

P R O B E
R
O
B
E

More believable, but still no article

Standard:

Emrakul, the Promised End is banned.

Smuggler's Copter is banned.

Reflector Mage is banned.

Modern:

Gitaxian Probe is banned.

Golgari Grave-Troll is banned.

why the fuck would they ban Ancient Stirrings?

BANNED:
EMRAKUL
GITAXIAN PROBE
SMUGGLER'S COPTER
GOLGARI GRAVE TROLL

Ha that would actually make Standard playable nice try