/swg/ A Fistful of Credits Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/9/bargains-bribes-and-battles/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_gun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've heard the Boba movie is getting a little shaky, but I'd hope it was a solid space western if it comes to it.

Sadly there ain't a version available without the watermark sans buying the piece, but it's still some damn good art

Any interesting starting builds for the FFG games people have come up with?

All wings, report in!

How often to you alter the "canon" of legends in your games?

When I first played that I had no idea that your character's answers actually altered the game's canon.

>It's a Wild wild Wayland adventure

I've never had the privilege, but I think that comes down to the GM and the players. You can't expect to wreck shit up and NOT get attention.

>Get three coffins ready

It's high noon

Is one set of the RPG dice enough for most games? I ordered some but now I'm eyeing picking p the Force Awakens starter box for the galactic map it has, but can't really justify buying the whole box if that's the only thing I can use.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/9/bargains-bribes-and-battles/

Scum epic! 'Bout time too.

IT'S GOTTA SCYK! AND IT'S ADORBS!

>fear and dead men

THE BROKEN HORN, I FUCKING CALLED IT

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Also, it's the missing product number. SWX58 LIVES!

That thing looks great!

Meant to post with image.

Do I count six copies of the Light Scyk upgrade?

So, Sycks getting some love still. This will have the eratta on Heavy, and now includes "Light" Interceptor.

All hits are crits and you cannot equip mods, but -2 points and get all green banks.

Sure looks like it. I mean, how else are you gonna run a swarm of them?

>dem digits tho

There are also two sets of unknown upgrades presumably for the Scyk

What are those yellow tokens to the left? They look similar to extra munitions, but with illicit symbols?

Scyk swarms seem more efficient then Tie swarms now

With five copies of each, probably. We'll see if people can make some heads or tails of the image. Looks like the usual three titles for the C-ROC. We know there are two new unique crew, and HLT which is C-ROC only.

I use two sets and it covers all my needs, one is a light for some of your more experienced character rolls.

Not sure. It might just be mission tokens, we'll probably have to wait for a full preview.

FUCK it's not the Minstrel.

Or the old black Sun Gozanti. (I just want a Gozanti without the "mouth" filled in like the imperial one is okay?)

Is that Jabba? At the far right, middle of the upgrade pile? It's the mothafucking Hutt of Hutts.

Those seem like Arc Caster cannon upgrades

Probably illicit cargo tokens for missions

BTW, him and Azmorgian here set a pretty good precedent for cards to come - the ability to use other upgrade cards to switch upgrades on the fly. Imagine one with the ability to do Torps or Missiles?

Another interesting fact, Vizago is not huge only and zero points (which means he's a good pick for the Quad) but he also has the Cargo icon. Possibly hinting of more Cargo upgrades to come in Standard Format?

Basically that just makes it's 3 speed bank maneuvers green, removes mod, hits = crits, and for -2pts. FUCKING SOLD! I'll happily run some shitty 12-pt Scyks!

I hope not, because that further decreases our chances of ever seeing a Minstrel star yacht.

If you are thinking of running a colony/outpost game, the Colonist Career book has rules for running settlements which may be worth a look.

Looks interesting. It seems like it's designed to be able to play both of the existing Epic roles, support transport and gunboat.
I wonder what they're gonna make for the other scum epic?

I am hearing reports of a "The Hutt" upgrade card, so it might be the Jabba.

You can see the card. It clearly says Jabba the Hutt and has his likeness on it.

Those two crew who swap upgrades out for equal or cheaper upgrades, is so fucking dirty and scum themed. I fucking love it!

I remember seeing this ages ago.

It was obviously fake.

It definitely says '_________ the Hutt' but the name looks to long to be 'Jabba'. The art certainly looks like Jabba, though.

It has the dot in front of "Jabba" designating it as unique

I'm guessing it is stuff NOT for the Scyk.

Also if that is a PS 9 Scyk I quit right now.

Don't see anything looking like a 9.

Vizago is a black market dealer too, so it makes perfect sense.

>"Oh, you do not like this product? Don't worry, Vizago will go in the back and get you something new"

One of them seems like a cannon upgrade. And Pilot skills for the Scyk look like 2, 5, 1, 3, 8 and 7.

Oh god I hope not. I really hate the idea that they won't give the Minstrel or Crusader a go.

Nope. I don't see a PS 9 Scyk. I see the PS 2 Cartel, the PS 5 Tansari, and then a 6, a 3, a 7, and what looks like a PS 1. Which would be hilarious.

Jabba is going to be an illicit extra munitions

I can't quite make the detail out myself, but some people are saying they think the PS1 has a unique dot, also.

Didnt even think about the PS1. The light PS2 is already costed the same as an Academy Pilot. It seems they are breaking their "no ships cheaper then TIEs" rule.

An uniquely shitty pilot, then.

Since the PS1 is unique, it's possible it has some sort of pilot ability to make up for it and thus remain 12+

Unless the PS1 has an insanely amazing ability and is expensive as hell because of it, something like any ship that ends its movement at range 1 of it gets a focus.

A PS1 with a pilot ability, who could cost less than a TIE... That'll be, well, something.

I assume I've been looking in the wrong places, but it seems a lot of x-wing lists these days focus on larger ships. Why is that?

>PS 1 unique: Bosses' nephew
>like 8 points
flavortext:
>yeah he sucks, but we gotta take him along, as a favour

Mostly just the Scum lists because they lack good small ships. (Now with the exception of the Protectorate Starfighters)

Empire is either focused on Aces with a Palpmobile support or Defenders.

Rebel large ships are all right but I don't see them as that big of a threat currently. K-Wings is where it's at.

>The PS1 Pilot is unique but it's special ability is about how fucking horrible it is as a pilot

I'm pretty sure the cannon one begins with an "A". Do we know of any significant SW space weaponry that begins with A?

>Friendly ships ending their activation next to the Bosses' nephew receive 1 stress token.

Cannon seems to be "Arc....."

My guess is Arc Caster.

Looks like it says "Arc". Some kind of electric weapon?

Also from what I hear people stray away from swarmy lists for tournaments because its more mentally draining tracking all those ships over a long event and still flying properly. Its easier to keep track of, and plan for fewer ships.

From the wook:
>The weapon used a charge function to prepare a blast of electricity at the target which, when fully charged, could affect up to four other targets.

...my body is ready.

That is exactly why Defenders and Dengaroo are so common in tournametn play. They are powerful lists that are very simple to fly.

>Heavy Syck swarm with AoE cannons just fucking everybody up

So, a range-1 weapon that always attacks all possible targets? Sign me the fuck up.

No, wait, I have no interest in epic play and no budget to spend that much on pieces of paper.

Just print the list on paper. I won't tell anybody.

I don't think he'll be cheaper than the Cartel PS 2. He'll likely be the shittiest named pilot in the galaxy, with one redeeming ability to him. Something like "Bumbles McChucklefuck - 14pts. When destroyed, every ship within R1 suffers 1 hit."

>Shin-E Krome
>"When you are destroyed, make a primary weapon attack against every enemy ship on the board"

What about his special ability just making him nearly impossible to kill? Like he's a terrible fucking pilot but he's not going anywhere

Just how do light scyks and TIEs compare?
On the durability side, I think one shield but all damage faceup versus three standard hull is roughly equal. The dials are difficult to compare, the light scyk definitely have more green but lacks the usefull 3-turns and 5-forwards, and I'm not sure 1-banks makes up for it. Once again, I'm calling equal, but with a slight leaning in favor for TIEs.
Which leaves action bar, and here scyks straights up wins for having target lock, but it's not a huge win.
Aand I almost forgot, cheapest scyk have PS2 vs academy pilots PS1, so that's another scyk win.

>Mostly just the Scum lists because they lack good small ships.

By good do you mean like "top tier viable"? Or do you mean like if I run a group of smaller s&v ships I'll have weaknesses that can be easily abused?

Are you telling me they put Jar-Jar in that ship?

Not him, but it's the first one, although slightly worse than "not top-tier". Scum Y-wings and Headhunters works perfectly fine.

A little bit of both really. You can still play friendly games with them but they are point inefficient or try to fit some utility niche that is already fulfilled by some of the bigger and stronger ships. Except the Protectorate Starfighters, those are just Badass af.

I believe most S&V small ships are just slightly points inefficient - as in you don't always get your full value for your ship. The Protectorate, and scum versions of other ships are pretty solid, though some guy won a regional with like, 3 G1-As with Mindlink and FCS.

Oh yeah, I completly forgot about the Y-wings. Y-wings are amazing, they just can be a bit boring to play with.

Would probably work too. Or simply his ineptitdue makes him unpredictable, and PS 12 for maneuver purposes only.

>Zayne Carrick: Scum Edition
I can dig it.

TIEs also win because of the support they get from Howlrunner. Scyks have Serissu and maybe whatever unrevealed pilots they will get.

Yes, both Headhunters and Y's are good support and filler material, but to make a interesting list they need something fun to support, and for that there's either the Protectorate or (any) big ship.

The damage face up is a huge hit for them, which I think will ultimately balance it out. A Crit, followed by a hit, against a Light Scyk, could easily amount to shield gone (crit) and faceup Direct Hit card.

Also, no mod slot on the Light Scyk.

As if TIE swarms ever used mod slots.

Yeah, but the same thing would kill a TIE.

Good point including support pilots, and since red dice are better than green I agree that Holrunner wins out.

TIEs also have Youngster, and some damn fine/cheap pocket-ace pilots.

True. But a TIE with one damage, and a Scyk Light without a shield, that take a single hit, is going to be a huge difference in itself.

Some do. Dark Curse with a Stealth Device is pretty decent. And Night Beast with Tie Mk 2 isn't shabby.

Okay, for aces I can see it, but for base pilots it really does not matter.

So essentially a Ganathan Lightning Gun sized for fighters?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_gun

I'm cool with that. I can finally get my SNES sidescroller shooter nostalgia on with boomerang-shaped lightning projectiles

Swarms of junk, no it won't... But it does make a difference for the named Scyks. Serissu isn't going to want a Light Scyk, and neither will Laetin.

We are getting a couple of new Syck pilots though. They may have self-stressing abilities where the banks might aid them, for instance.