Who was in the right here?

Who was in the right here?

For those who haven't seen the movie:

> fat-ass NEET (Scott) who railroads his players, gets pissed when his new hipster buddy (Miles) throws his sword at the head of an important benevolent NPC quest-giver, and gets le ebin natural twenty, causing him to die. Miles had zero reason to kill said NPC, besides that it would be funny. That said Scott is also a fag who doesn't let his players have any control over the story.

I can't find the scene on youtube otherwise I would post it. Sorry.

They are both assholes but keep in mind they are also caricatures. And I'm sure some of you have had this happen in your games. Who's side are you on?

I side with Scott, personally, but only because Miles is trying to devolve the game into a laughfest. If he'd had a good reason to do what he did and actually roleplayed I'd be on his side. Scott is also a railroading twat and a manchild, so like I said, both are in the wrong in some ways.

WTF is this shit user?

Miles. That fucking faggot.

I don't understand why this is a problem. I'm a foreverDM and I love when my players throw a spanner in because it allows me to show off.

It happens every time, the story builds to an emotionally charged climax. Then someone tries to throw me off, either by killing an npc, trying to seduce the BBEG or the classic, "I jump out the window and leave".
My players always do it at the least convenient moment, to try and catch me off guard but I'm always ready, with mini's and maps good to go as if I planned it that way all along.

was the group having fun?

if yes then scott is in the wrong, if no then miles is in the wrong

good for you user.

Those who haven't watched the movie, by the sound of it.

Miles couldve pulled out his ass and taken a fat shit on the table and everyone except Scott could be having fun yet they would still be in the wrong.

It's an RPG not a giggle fuck around fest. Intentionally fucking up the DM's campaign is a dick move. Doing something unexpected isn't.

I'm on Scott's side in this situation, but he's still an asshole too.

but at the same time scott was a controlling shit who railroaded everything in the campaign (which kinda makes you wonder how miles got his character through scott).

nobody wants to play your failed fantasy novel or LotR fanfic.

What's the name of the movie?

Zero Charisma

>both are in the wrong in some ways
You've just answered every advice thread on this entire board for all time, no need for further discussion

Probably Miles, While Scott is a shit DM there are more constructive ways to deal with that

But that's where you're simply wrong. There are players who enjoy that

Miles is in the wrong. Instead of asking the GM for a moment in private to discuss his concerns away from the others he decided to intentionally sabatouge the game because they were having BADWRONGFUN. Despite Veeky Forums's concerns, some people like being railroaded.

how fucking painful is watching people's first d&d game
>you are in a tavern
>'lol i'm gonna get drunk'
>'lol i'm gonna have sex
>'lol I break the law somehow'
>get chased by guard, possibly arrested but DM contrives an escape because they don't want the game to end right there

Sure you might have fun at the time, but fuck me if it isn't annoying as shit for everyone else.

I've got a buddy who plays in every one of my games, he sat in while I was doing intro games for my college gaming club. Since September he has played with 6 different groups of newbees. Thats 6 campaigns all starting in the same village and all requiring 2 hours if irritatingly slow character creation. He is a good friend.

user, your mom doesn't count.

You forget that the purpose of these games is to have fun. If everyone is having fun being dipshits then so be it, that is what they'll continue because it is enjoyable.

>There are players who enjoy that
But my point is that you are no longer playing an RPG at some point. If you invite someone for a bowling game and hire bookers instead, it's a deceptive and dick move. Yeah it's not premeditated in this case but it's the same kind of blidnsiding crap.

So if i took a shit on the table you'd be okay with that?

>Zero Charisma
Is it worth watching? What is it, social dramma, nerdy comedy or satire?

Pathetic Sadness

Take your scat fetish elsewhere friendo

The potion seller, because the knight was of the weakest