Just out of sheer curiosity

Which is the opinion on Age of Sigmar now?

Last time I checked (quite a while ago) it was a bit heated. Any consensus was reached?

They did, after some time, improve the rules and removed/altered the silly ones to the point that it's now playable.

Lore-wise...it needs another 30 years of fleshing out and beard-growing because at the moment I cannot take seriously stuff like NuLahmia.

>High Fantasy setting
>"take seriously"

What?

NU. LAHMIA.

That's how Neferata called her new bunghole that she's ruling.

NU. FUCKING. LAHMIA.

WHO CALLS THEIR PLACE NU!?

THIS IS RETARDED ON SO MANY LEVELS.

It's in better shape than 40k at the moment. Gameplay is simple but can be quite complicated when you factor in the scenario and terrain rules.
Overall, more enjoyable than the bloated mess that 7th edition 40k has become.

Pretty much. Just add some decent lore and it's almost a game.
Just the writers in the way then. GW never changes eh?

Shot in the dark that hit the propane tank and blew up the whole place.

The game itself is not that bad, its a beer and pretzel game that would fit right in on a casual game night. The lore is laughable, and thats about the extent of it

Pro:
>Cool mini
>easy to get into
>easy to play
>Decent rules

Cons:
>not viable for tournament play
>Quickly turns into if your not useing these combos your dumb
>Death is gimped and struggling to even sell well because it plays like shit*
>The lore is laughable and i have yet to see anyone follow it seriously
>Nukes a very well established setting for reasons

*Death is shit right now because their original design was around not needing points and with their ability to summon that made it really really good. But when they said what ever you summon you need to pay for, it gimped them into uselessness, on top of that, with no range, they are just shit.

You need to get a fucking life or a job man, there's way more important shit to worry about.

While improved it is still a crappy skirmish game in an era filled with a shit ton of great skirmish games.

GW is still the same turd it has been for years so there isn't really a draw.

No, it isn't you fucking twat. I'd rather play 40k with orks than touch AoS. Go play with some kids you pedo.

Seems so. And even then I'd rather if they retconned that and brought back Warhammer Fantasy.

Still looking for a job and no jack.

Checked
and
This

AoS is if you just want to do a brawl game with no real though or mechanics to it. AoS got a few things right though

>MC getting weaker as they are wounded
>A better (imo) To hit system.

>"Not viable for tournament play"
> GW literally just had an AoS tournament
>GW has specific tournament rules for AoS

40k is shit right now but you think it's suitable for tournament play?!

The Old World was just a Tolkien-esque ripoff but you act like it was some amazing unique setting.

AoS is far more original and interesting.

>WFB fans "GW MOVE THE STORY ALONG!"
>Release books literally called "THE END TIMES"
>AoS arrives
>"NOT LIKE THAT!"

I never wanted the story to move along.

Though I did want them to scrap the world and rewrite it from the ground up. But not like this!

Well people wanted the story to move...BUT NOT THAT EXTREMELY.

Reminder that even now, Gotrek is killing Daemons.

If they had enough rules and a little bit of respect for the old fluff I could play AoS and just pretend it was fantasy.
At least if they hadn't squatted Bretonnia. Why are they now against proper horse cavalry?
If the next book of Song if Ice and Fire came out and described the White walkers just flooding south and killing everyone as the world ends, then after that the writer published his WoW fanfics, how do you think people would feel?
And if it was a boring rip off world, how did they fill entire RPG lines and rulebooks with background lore?
I know nothing about that series, so this may be a crappy comparison.

Well, I'd say it is tournament worthy now with GHB. The moron that goes and turns things into a slapfest loses games if I play against him.

I... kind of like the lore. It's not dostoyesky but hey it ain't bad since FEC.

No thats actually pretty apt.

What my issue was, WH was an alternate mid fantasy setting that was not tolkin, or wow. Then they said, fuck it lol, and turned it into turbo high fantasy.

I mean for christ sake, the cross bows the sigmarines use a fucking called bolt throwers. CMON!

Well, at least he has one hell of a life.

Don't forget Tomb Kings.

They and Bretonnia got Squatted hard.

Honestly this is bullshit.

We don't even know what happened to Settra.

Also requesting a pic that ain't for Nurglings and Scarabs...or midget Peasants.

This.

For people that didn't go with Tolkien or with WoW, WHFB was the best option, and then they torpedoed it.

Which is what crossbows are. They throw bolts. Dull surprise, ain't it?

Honestly? AoS ain't bad, once you realize this has gone from low to high (and I mean peak high) fantasy. Plus yeah FEC rock. Want bretonnians? Fuck you, you cheesemongering wine-chugging knight, get some rabid horde of deranged cannibals.

Be this better milord? Google images only gives so much.

And my dislike of the new setting is not helped by the fact that they squatted two factions I really liked just as I discovered the game.

>Its not bad
>Once you accept its gone the polar opposite of what its original fans were attracted to.

PIC HERE

worst part is, one of the factions they squated, tomb kings, contained the only unit that made death not pure shit. Skeleton archers.

SO get some elves and put skulls on them you will need them .

Doesn't disqualify it. It's something called judging stuff by its own merits.

They fucked Bretonnia before AoS. Remember back when they got updates & were 100 Years war?

I dont think anyone is saying the game itself is pure garbage, because its not, its a fairly decent table top game.

We are just pissed at how they just nuked the lore, went from a low mid fantasy to the top of the fucking mountain, then completely gave the middle finger to old players.

I'll give it a try.

They didn't really. Many kingdoms have carried the legacy of bretonnia. And they are likely to return since the lore has recently mentioned that a boatload of orders of chivalry worshipped tyrion (knights worshipping an aelven deity, sounds familiar?)

You see. The fact that the Stormcasts are fantasy Space Marines and have crossbows that are called BOLT THROWERS doesn't help the fact that those are in fact BOLTERS.

Yup. And this is pretty bullshit. I liked Fantasy due to Tomb Kings, but holy shit they shot themselves in the foot.

Lore-wise it should be disqualified.

Didn't he become Slayer God??

Even with the lore out of the equation it's a pretty shit game rule-wise. The only thing decent is some minis.

Yes, and he died killing a beast so big its remainings became fucking volcanoes.

currently putting skull on phoenix guard, to turn them into grave gards. i wonder how it will turn out.
by the way, shield or heavy weapons ? shields seems like garbage

Eh, its decent in that its a very simple entry level game.

That said, they handled the rules so fucking sloppy that its just called warhammer age of house rules because there is so much fucking ambiguity in the rules.

Like for example, do i apply modifiers in the order of addition then multiplication? or multiplication then addition? The difference is a unit doing 120 attacks, or like 70 attacks. Rules dont say which ones to do first.

Eh, really up to you to be honest. I like the great weapons since they are coming back any way. No matter what you do, just get archers, like 30 of them at least.

I like monsters getting weaker. I am not a fan of the to hit system. I think they over simplified it.

Well, this is a bit more nuanced, if you'd let me say (not sure if I should participate in this as I see this is getting heated up). But the stormcasts aside from appearances ain't very space marines. IMO they are Order Warriors, as they are made to fight the chaos warriors. The lore of them is fairly different too, considering they have men women and other races in their ranks. I mean, space marines are very famous for being an only boys club.

>he liked Bretonnia after GW fucked it
Good taste with Tomb Kings, bad taste with Brettons.

In my experience the great weapons will serve you well. You want graveward as shock troops, not to soak damage. That's why your cheapo skelletons are for.

Checked.

I just have how in 40k every time, every fucking time, the same conversation pops up.

Ok im WS 4, your....oh ok 5, so that means you hit on 3s, i hit on 5s right....oh wait, no hold on. wait no i hit on 4s still.....no i know your higher then me but the rule is double +1....OH wait thats right i have this thing that makes my weapon skill this, but it does not change anything still hitting on the same.

Its just clunky as hell.

Simple, your guy hits on x, using a power fist? ok that makes it a slower swing +1 to hit. ect ect.

Some people will never ever *ever* get over the destruction of the old world, a world they had played in for decades and that really is a shame.

I was a bit of a naysayer myself, when I saw the early scrolls that said shit like

>teehee, if you do a silly dance with a flower on your head stroking your moustache you get +1 to hit

Fuck. right off.

But now... it's in a better place, the setting and world is a bit confusing but the game / gameplay is now pretty solid.

I would use zombies, get like 40 of them and blob them together to tar your opponant down. they are hitting and wounding on 3+ at that point i think.

This. Plus make all the rules a unit has be explained on the page it is. God fucking know I spend a third to a half looking the rulebook for rules and how they interact.

To be honest, I'd take that end result than GoT with D&D's fuck ups any day for the week.

OH this and fucking can we get rid of wound shuffling?! seriously i really like AoS for that.

Skelletons have saves (which makes them better for objective holding) and they pump obnoxious amounts of attacks past a certain treshold. Plus the wight king's (Not!Krell... man I want to see him return he'll get a sick-ass model I'm sure) ability is very good on them.

GW made the right call. No one played WFB, no one was buying WFB models. Most people do not like ranked-units.
People are looking at WFB with nostalgia goggles.

AoS has people playing Fantasy again.
The game play is very smooth.
There are no unbeatable combos.

Most of the whining is about the lore - the game itself is very stable and they just released another FAQ.

My problem is with WFB players insulting AoS players because we like the new system and lore. I'd say at this moment, I prefer AoS to 40k.

There will never be a consensus. It has the title Age of Skubmar for a reason.

And make like them. FUCK tabling as a victory condition. Seriously I'm tired of shit like grav-spam, scat-spam or the triptide bullshit. Wanna win? Play by fucking objectives or else I win even though you killed all my models.

This seems like what the lore difference between Fantasy and AoS, it's gone from stories of nations and armies to Norse/Greek myth. Which isn't bad, just poorly done as far as I've seen.
They appealed to me because of the Knights.
and the distaste of peasants
Although at least one of the two is coming to TWW soon. Digital format means I don't have to paint.

AoS plays less than KoW.

You are right, a game shilled by the largest company on the market, with a huge retail network is less played than a game made by a company which has a big warehouse and that's it.

Good point good point.

>Nuked a whole universe decade in the making
>WFB actually was getting traction with end times
>More people come into the store saying i played vermin tide or total warhammer.
>Ignoreing the fact that GW was trying to get fullprice for models that were way past their life time and should have been a dime a dozen not going up in price
>Not adding more to a game whos entry cost was around 600 bucks USD
>This was the right choice to kill it all off

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Yeah AoS is being played now, but you know how many people actually give a shit about the lore? or got started because of WFB? a whole lot.

For me, ill fully support everything of AoS if they do the following in this order.

>Sig shit and palls keep fighting
>Reach a stale mate
>Have a parlay with the leaders
>Create a new world, in which all winds of magic touch it
>Basically the old world recreated.

This new world acts as their battle grounds and they reestablish the old lore.

They need to give us more down to earth story. IMO this year has been passable because they made the setting and they needed to establish the background. Tzeentch Arcanites and a few books are meant to explore the land properly and make us see the random shmucks. Let's see how well it turns. BL is already saying they are making a novel about a witch-hunter and a freeguild (ie: a militia dude, for those distasteful of lawyerspeak) trying to uncover a cult or a "secret" (I'm sure it's going to be a cult, dibs are on it).

Like i have said, AoS got something right, but it also got a lot of things wrong.

That sounds a lot like allpoints, which is the place where the 8 winds combine.

The lore is possibly some of the worst I have ever witnessed, ....beyond that it is okay as a beer & pretzel game.

I went to my LGS the other day to pick up some TIE fightera for x-wing and asked the employees how AoS was conpared to WFB since you guys have been whining about it for a while. They told me that the gameplay is good and that its been selling way better than Fantasy ever did.

So are the numbers lying or all all of you a bunch of bitches? poor Lustria

So the fyreslayer fuckwits are all worshippers of Gotrek?

What the fuck

I want to hate Age of Sigmar but I want to like it at the same time. The lore is so empty and messy at the same time. But some of the stuff does look p good.

Hey, hadn't Araloth flown away to another world? Maybe we could use that as a basis.

>Because of Knights
You'd like Old Bretonnia before GW fucked it. Newcrons are nothing next to that anal raping.

But Lustria isn't gone. Well, not entirely. The slaan did teleport parts of it with them and they live there. At least part of it remains.

Then they need to use that place to establish the old world.

Because im gonna bet dollars to doughnuts once the new smell wears off, AoS is not going to be doing to well.
>WFB cost about $600 usd to start an army
>AoS costs about 130
Wow! your telling me something with a smaller investment cost is selling better?! Holy shit you should work for like the stock market or something bro!

No shit its selling better you bell end.

GW was trying to charge full fucking price for model that have not see an update in how many years?! and they saying shit son you need about 80 of those.

I think i heard early Bretonnia had undertones of French Revolution brewing, which also sounds cool to me.

Reminder of what Bretonnia used to be alike.

I didn't mean to call fyreslayer fuckwits. I think they're cool.

I dunno. lmao

My LFGS owner says that AoS doesn't sell for shit and they can't even discount it because it's not allowed by GW. At this point it just takes up place.

>Implying they need your support
they doubled the share value in 6 months, so AoS is there to stay for a looooooong time

.............................nice

Yup. Guess the fun part? They are literally getting drugged on Gotrek. Ur-gold is literally his shards (shocker, I know, it was sooo secret and not obvious). For them that shit is like crack. I recall a story where a bunch of fyreslayers went on to fulfill an oath: it took 12 motherfucking years, got reduced to thirty guys... out of two fucking clans that ought to number 50k asshats. And they still kept on.

Then cue-in Archaon offering a shitload of the stuff. I've seen drug-addicts and their reactions matched to the Fyreslayers when they were described.
Wether they kept the oath is something up to the reader.

Core rules:pure shit, -1/10
Generals Handbook+modern battletomes: kinda average but nothing too interesting
Battletome scenarios:pretty cool

>Clearly this is all because of Aos
>ignoring 40k sales

>Horus Heresy finally goes plastic
>no it was us! it was AOS!

When was the last major new release for AoS ?

Something like June right ?

This, like AoS is shoved into the corner at our GW store because they know what sells.

>Implying it's just 40k when the spike starts growing at the point where they published GHB.

How many "updates" are like it? Aside from Cruddace meets Tyranids, not many.

>GW scrambled to put a rule book and points into the game because no one was buying their shit.
>Started the grand tournament a week before rules and no one knew what to fucking do for the game.

Oh wow, you mean the thing that made the game actually fucking playable sold well?! Holy shit well fuck my ass and call me a whore user thats fucking amazing!

Actually it was on July.

Are you gonna tell me water is wet next?

Because the only reason it spiked was because it was going to tank if they did not put points into the game.

>Showing he was unable to balance the game, when it took 3-4 attempts at worst.

Filthy Casul.

Do you plan to elaborate or am I expected to read?

Well that's.... interesting.

So Slayers are mercenaries who fight for Gotrek crack. That's..... GW are u ok

so the slayer dwarves joined the skavens in the drug-addicts club ? how ironic

DESU, they had spent the first half of the year publishing just AoS stuff. IMO they tanked because:

a) It didn't sell very well (but still did) and thus
b) The costs of making that much stuff gnawed their profits like there's no tomorrow.

No because its a GW store, therefor by GW rules you have to go by them which says, you can bring what ever the fuck you want, at the time. So our store manager had to come up with scenarios in order to balance it.

You cant pretend that GW did not fuck up by not putting rules and points out at launch like the fuck.

Not exactly. These guys are still very honorbound assholes, with even their own slayers (ie: some assholes who failed their duties and must die fighting even harder than the rest of them).
I mean, they even refuse Ur-gold if they feel they have failed their honor and duty. It's a bit like balancing and the thing is that gold drives them mad.

Once upon a time, Bretonnia was more alike 100 years war + Arthurian legends than only Arthurian legends. They used to have ships, armored infantry, even some cannons. Eventually they removed much of it until how they are now. They used to even be on the urge of conquering the Empire. Squatting them feels like putting it out of its misery in my opinion.

No, I'm going to say that certain Jackwad named Kirby fucked up. But it was entirely usable for its intended purpose (ie: play with friends). Still this is miles better, Matched Play is fine and its nice to see TAC for all cases.

He who shall not be named

I would've prefered it if they didn't substitute WHFB world for a retarded new setting. You can have a skirmish game and even sigmarines in the Old World. As it is, I would rather play 40k and/or Mordheim.

Yeah, I mean this is pure evil.

Just look at those eyes.

Checked
You can see the reflection of the children he has consumed in his eyes.

Truly nothing is sacred.
At least keeping them around to revamp them with something would have been better than squatting them. Squatting is just the confession that they've run out of ideas.
Hopefully they run out of ideas for AoS soon

Same. I'd have just prefered they added the Stormbros to WHFB, made 8th ed into a brand new skirmish system to replace the rank and file, and just leave it at that.

Ah. I like Slayers the way they had used to be. Like, not to sound nostalgia goggley but man, they were just more interesting then lol. Though, I guess I can grow on it. The models themselves look alright, though.

Wait at least that they release slaanesh's new models.

They definitely could be improved, but as starting kits it ain't bad. We can throw all the bitching we want but the thing is we are literally comparing a 30 years old setting to a 1.5 years old one. Of course the lore is shite by comparison! Has anyone read the lore of first edition? I feel old now.

I'm just going to say that the new tzeentch army looks nice. I may be interested in making it to AoS if they look promising, even it may murder my wallet (again).

IIRC there was no lore in first edition, but yeah. You're definitely right.