SS13: A Pint to All Spaceman Gone!

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh Veeky Forums?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server.

Miscellaneous links pastebin: pastebin.com/NmNvRdsG

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/nJmQC1nV
d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html
ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Starter_guide
strawpoll.me/12047155
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Time to post the changes since the last compile:

Freeman updated:
>Added medium power cell, 5000 max_charge.
>APCs now spawn with a medium power cell.
>Misc changes for dorf, redid some of cargo and put some air vents in areas where they were needed.
>Russian surplus crate, has sawnoff shotgun and nuggets and a bunch of other retarded shit, but is randomized >and heavily weighed to ammo and not weapons.
>Carp now randomize their pixel offset by 10 to -10 on x and y on death for maximum carnage.
>Added obrez/sawnoff as spawnable items instead of needing to spawn on and saw it off in order to get it.
>Coin pack 50% off is now only 56 points.

PrPleGoo updated:
>Fixed stunbatons/-prods getting a free extra stun if you didn't turn them off after stunning someone.
>Changed medium powercell to use a different icon from normal powercells.
>Fixed asteroid floor turfs not showing that they're dug.
>Checked all the rocks on dorf to have asteroid floor underneath them.
>Changed SMES cirtcuitboard design to be printable from the autolathe.
>Added SMES cirtcuitboard design disk to a dorf loot room.
>Made an effect that spawns a random tier 2 or 3 stock part (excluded engines).
>Added some more rebreathers to the base station on dorf.
>Placed the random stockpart effect in some loot rooms on dorf.
>Placed the captain's spare on top of the ore redeemer on dorf.
>Fixed some turfs with weird dirs on ministation.
>Fixed the tooltip on energy shields only showing 0% or 1% instead of 0% to 100%.
>Fixed cameras crashing the server.
>Fixed lighting not working on photos.
>Fixed some items not rendering on photos.
>Fixed objects that are out of frame but do spill over into the target region not rendering on photos.
>Fixed turfs under some effects not rendering on photos (although they do have a different color on the photo now).
>Fixed AI life throwing runtimes, not sure about the cause but it should no longer throw runtimes.

I started playing this game a couple months ago in Veeky Forums station, left due to mods there having a massive stick up their ass.

What are the differences between this server and Veeky Forums server? Would like to know before I start playing here.

>3 to 15 pop, sometimes 20
>smaller dev team, so less porting retarded ideas
>you can kill a guy and not get banned for it
>lights are different
>no climbing on tables
>wax shells and lots of guns
>resident memer Lone Lee now admin
>energy guns now have batteries you can take out and replace
>departments are put together so a scientist can do any science job, as a doctor can any doctor job, and an engineer
>botany is more NTstation than current TGstation
>coasters
>we're on NTstation chem with modifications as with food
>Less about hunting valids and more about making your own fun / running with other people's jokes / ideas / gimmicks
>Brig officers get guns with rubber bullets
>Floor painter
>Children and corgi riding
>Ship Graveyard mining map
>non retarded ZAS atmos

I don't think I missed anything, right?

Also we're on a modified ministation. And player highpoint is around 7 pm est.

>no retarded ZAS atmos
We use LINDA configured to overdrive.

Sounds good, admins here dont adminbus to end rounds just because antags are being skillfull and the round is taking too long to end as a result, right?

Surgical kit needs its max slots upped so you can put the new surgery devices back. Also needs new devices added to allowed list.

Box of counters needs max slots bumped, but only allow counters.

Surgery can bug out on failures (cavity implant specifically stops being progressable after a chain-failure).

Oh yeah, rounds last anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 hours. Since it's not really about being an antag, people don't try to end the round so they can be an antag. A bit of autism is needed on d20.

Also adminbus a good, pic related.

You missed a lot.
Go read the changelogs from our server and theirs and you'll have a complete answer.
>we have different genetics
>we have different medical
>when you're cuffed you can still use your hands but slower
>mugs and glasses leave circles on tables unless you use a coaster
>coffee dispenser dispenser coffee into a cup you place inside it
>no bomb cap
>no weird races, everyone is just human
>oil spill slip you up
>we sometimes run dorf mode where we build up a station in the middle of a roid while getting attacked by a fucktonne of carp (you just missed it this weekend)
>you can use drills to place pipes and wires into walls
>fire triangle
>can spawn as a hobo who is not an NT employee
>nuclear cells that charge themselves but leak radiation when they break
>stamina
>thirst
>fat people get hot when they run
>can put hats on hats and armor on armor
>spooky anomaly that turns people into skeletons
>R&D console that doesn't suck ass
>autolathes can recieve new recipes from the R&D server
>fucking cool camo paint job on mechs
>pigs
>people spawn with money that can be used to get cargo points

And a fuck tonne more.

How the fuck does new genetics work? I tried to make a monkey into a person to practice surgery on and it suffocated in the pod before I could make heads or tails of the new stuff.

Here's a pastebin of questions asked by kath when I released it with wounds:
pastebin.com/nJmQC1nV
You should also read the changelog for changes to genetics. I just checked the most important changes were made July 26th but there's a few more made later I think.
d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html

The race block is still the only active block in default monkeys. Just scroll over the blocks and one of them should not be blue, that's you're race block. Reduce it to

Does D20 server have its own wiki to learn how to play?

We had one but it died a while back.
Just ask other player or in the thread, people are helpful when you ask nicely.

Only thing keeping me from playing on this server more often, honestly.

I love the station layout, smaller population, and focus on "fun" but some of the changes are very hard to wrap your head around after playing the game on another server for any length of time.

Would rather not rely on other players for this information in-game, since it disrupts both their enjoyment and mine to a large degree.

>it's been a week since I last searched "ss13" in the catalog
>apparently missed a 300 post thread
Is spess good again?

I've never played this game before, would you guys recommend this server for a first timer or a different server?

This is one of the better servers in the way of not being complicated right now, if my memory's correct.

Namely you don't need a major surgery to stop from passing out after one fight, so medbay isn't swamped 24/7 with nobody available to help you out.

Once you get a grip of things you can always decide to swap servers. The start of the learning process isn't very different from server to server.
Just use this wiki: ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Starter_guide to get started and then decide if you want short action packed rounds where you never talk to people or if you want to play here.
Just ask in the thread then.
No I changed medical a while back. Let me see if I can find the guide I wrote up once for it.

I know you added mangle at some point, but I remember that being really easy compared to, say, hippie/tg medical still. Unless you changed it more after mangle was added.

Yeah I changed more, added limb wounds. Since I can't find the guide I'll type up a new one.

Okay so when people take brute they can take mangle. When they take a fair amount of brute of a small amount of mangle they can get cuts. Cuts bleed and can be classified in 4 categories of severity:
>small cut
Slap these with a bruise pack or a bandage.
>small gash
Slap these with a bruise pack or a bandage. Consider looking at their blood level.
>minor laceration
Cauterize it with a cautery, welding tool or just use a bunch of bruisepacks/bandages.
Look at the patient's blood level and give them hemoglobin stimulant (recipe: 1 salt + 1 sugar + 1 water + 1 iron = 3 hemoglobin stimulant) to ensure they don't collapse a minute later.
>major laceration
Do the exact same as you did for minor laceration except give them antisprin as well. This reduces bleeding (recipe: 1 innaprovaline + 1 bicaridine + 2 oxygen = 4 antisprin)

Thrown items and bullets can get stuck in wounds now. Use the medical analyzer to locate them and pull them out with a hemostat, wirecutters or an empty hand. A foreign object in the wound prevents all other treatment so if you're burning yourself with a welder you should have scrolled up first to notice the "the bullet didn't pass through" or "the floor tile is lodged in the wound" message.

If there's any mangle on the chest always consider giving antisprin. There's internal organs now that can start bleeding when the chest takes damage so yeah.
If medicine is ineffective then your patient's liver might already be dead. Take them into surgery and start the "access internal organs" surgery. Walk through the steps to fix their liver and if they're not dead yet then medicine should take care of the rest. If you're lazy, stressed or a shit doctor simply consider cloning (much slower)

When people take a large amount of brute or a moderate amount of mangle they can break bones. Fractures can (also) be classified into 4 categories:
cont, too long

>hairline fracture
Simply splint with a metal rod, a plank or a pipe.
>non-displaced fracture
Same treatment, consider antisprin.
>closed fracture
First you need to set this bone before splinting. Use grab intent to grab the limb (upgrade it once) and then switch back to help intent to use the grab "item" (the grey box where your hand should be) on the limb. If there's two fractures on the same limb then you can just click twice at the end and be done.
>open fracture
Consider antisprin and hemostim. Set the bone, slap it with bruisepack/bandage and splint.

It is important to mention that all treatment NEEDS to be done on help intent.

All wounds on a grabbed limb bleed at 25% normal speed.

The entire system was designed to be doable on the run in maintenance, every treatment is very instant and you get messages stating the exact wound you got so scroll up if you don't have a medical analyzer. If you have to ghetto heal someone else you're kind of fucked.

Getting your blood down to 0 kills you.

You slowly regenerate blood by keeping your kidneys alive and keeping your food + hydration topped off.

A bit on IVs in the next post, cont

So we have blood and bleeding. Kidneys regenerate blood at a slow pace if you're well fed + hydrated and there's a slow working medicine.
>but aiden why can't we transfer blood directly
You can, blood type is important: use the wrong one and you deal 1 tox damage for every unit of blood transferred.

How to make an IV:
Slap any bed/chair/whatever you can buckle people on with 2 (two) rods. This will attach an IV to that thing. Consider putting patients on roller beds with an IV and giving them a fire extinguisher so they can have some fun while they heal.

How to use an IV:
The IV has two modes:
>high mode
This is the default mode after construction. When attached to a patient reagents will be transferred into them.
>low mode
Click on the bed/chair/whatever to switch to low mode. Click on it again to switch to high mode. People can donate blood by being attached to it.

How to start reagent transfer:
First you buckle the dude into the chair bed whatever.
Make sure you slap the IV with a beaker or a bucket or whatever.
Clickdrag the bed/chair/whatever onto the dude, this will start transfer.

>but aiden the transfer rate is as terrible as the fucking useless hemostim
Walk to the autolathe and print an engine, a new stock part that so far has only one use.
Slap the IV with the engine.
You can now transfer reagents faster.
>no engine
2 units per tick
>tier 1 engine
4 units per rick
>tier 2 engine
6 units per tick
>tier 3 engine
8 units per tick

I think that that's pretty much everything about the new medical, any questions?

that'll be 4 units

>that
What?

>Surgery can bug out on failures (cavity implant specifically stops being progressable after a chain-failure).
Can you tell me a little about how you managed this? I'm having trouble reproducing this.

I have a confession to make,I use my adminpowers to spawn in the kitty backpack because it matches the pink jumpsuit and i want to look as gay as possible for anyone who sees me because i think it will be funny

>draped for cavity implant
>initial incision
>fail, patient bleeding use clamps
>use clamps
>fail, use cautery
>cautery success
>can't proceed using any tool, just pinching, slicing, and prodding patient

i gave you 1 rick

I actually think it just takes you to the next step in the surgery so try implanting the thing you wanted inside yourself

Did you use the retractor or the hemostat?
I just did:
>incision, fail
>clamp, fail
>cauterize, fail
>disinfect, fail
>suction, fail
>clamp, success
>retractor, success
If it happens again please take your subject to the surgery terminal and check if the poke message there is weird in any way.
Thanks

Something I forgot to mention about antisprin:
It reduces bleeding on all wounds, both internal and external.
It slightly heals all your internal organs.
It moves internally bled blood back into your blood pool.
Fractures mostly cause internal bleeding.
Cuts mostly cause external bleeding.

>use cautery
pretty sure using the cautery ends the surgery if you only have an incision, so you have to start it again entirely with the drapes

No it's part of the fail step loop I did for surgery.

Patched up the serb:
>Surgical kit can now hold the suction device as well.
>Box of counters had its max slots bumped, but now only allows counters.

Forgot to mention, the medibots go invisible when injecting because they're missing a sprite state.

so how does development of this game work? like it seems most servers have semiindependent branches, but how specifically is tgstation deved?

Some branches are closed like ours, d20, and some are open to anyone on github, TGstation which has had nothing to do with Veeky Forums for years. Other stations steal from each other a lot and there's constant porting between stations, splittings, and merging. People steal goonstation code a lot, which is a closed source server.

every server uses some form or other of different code

on this server in particular people capable of making commits and not breaking the game often are people with access to the server's code and we usually work on whatever we feel like might be cool

other servers with larger playerbases open their code to the public and allow anyone to propose commits and revisions to code, with certain moderators determining which commits or revisions are allowed to be put into the code. While it increases the volume of potential revisions and work that goes into the code the moderation system can lead to favoritism to certain coders or types of changes, or sometimes someone allows something obviously retarded and broken into the game.

our system suffers from severe laziness and procrastination on my part but I can't speak for anyone else

still other severs turn the game into a fetish simulator and steal or rehash code from their own codebase and other servers in order to badly apply it to their own

The best example I think of is
>human life.dm is the original code that determines how human beings in the game are affected by temperature, eat, respond to damage and outside forces, and how most gameplay surrounding them is governed
>in order to make the alien life.dm for ayy lmaos, someone decided to copy human life.dm and then take out bits and modify ones that wouldn't belong
>somewhere in alien life.dm it was made so you can eat another human bean
>a vore station coder decided the best way to incorporate this function into his server was to copy the area this code was in alien life.dm back over into human life.dm while modifying bits and pieces that didn't belong
and of course most of the code now is filled with oversights and bugs and runtimes that are just never fixed or addressed since it works somewhat under specific circumstances.

Reminder to vote.

strawpoll.me/12047155

I will be closing the vote on Friday to give as many people a chance to vote as possible.

why does it matter?

I'd rather not have a programmed reboot on the most active day of the week.

that would be friday and the weekends, so not those days

what's the difference between this and tgstation

New greentext history of d20 storytime

>magnets are added
>master controller shits itself after a THIRTY SIX (36) hour round on dorf
>I try to learn atmos for friday dorf
>Little did I know I would get dicked in the ass by Lee bombing me, my ignorance, meteors, hyperkinetic fluxes, meterological anomalies, a second round of meteors, and then plasma randomly leaking into the engine room, to which I proceeded to spark by trying to weld a vent
>rip holodeck
>rebecca adds in space corgis
>this is important for reasons
>The 6 D-Fens round happens where a Civil War for who gets to be D-Fens at the end of it
>basically was gangs
>I play the longest dorf round on my birthday and the day after
>old gaming room is a thing and is honestly my favorite room on the station since then
>chickens are added
>the shitposter for virology goes away so virology gets turned into a closet
>Based Mezzo makes a ton of good shit like fortifications, snow shoveling, clay building expanded, and sprawling
>ghosts stop being able to open lockers because it made transporting shit impossible and ghosts could fuck over traitors hiding in lockers really easily
>floor tiles now can hold reagents
>This is really under utilized
>at this point everyone knows lee and his antics for trying to get emiko / aliens to date him
>I've mostly fucked off for this period
>kosher salt is added and repels ghosts
>controversy over slare's validhunting
>Emiko and Nappist become specmods
>For some reason slare follows me around all the time, and as such I am shit by association
>Don't want to cause conflict with people who want me dead, so I suicide after either getting away or establishing I robusted em but not killing

Also to the subject of the thread, let us all raise a glass to the spacemans long gone.

To Tyrone Freeman

To Flick Jackson

To Xavier Woods

To Samuel Milagre he's not actually dead but he's a damn good m8

> >For some reason slare follows me around all the time, and as such I am shit by association
i audibly kek'd

> Flick Jackson
Flick/Kormine was a truly great nigga, one of the few people who I actually considered genuinely fun AND reasonable. RIP.

Ignore that

>this only makes people mad
>Yeah I think it was at this point I random name'd for a bit and tried out other servers, but I did hover around ahri man because that guy was and is one of the coolest niggas
>Build an autism hallway with USB (one of the best borgs, maybe the best but PAUS and Mari are pretty good
>I deepfried the cap's laser because no man should have this much power, get traitor'd to have it as an objective
>kek
>power goes out immediately every single round
>barfights get 100% more intense with deep frying faces
>cuck is a bad meme
>People start getting worried about lowpop, but would rather not deal with shitlers
>lee gets into space lube
>some people get mad at science for being OP
>I honestly don't remember much about this time period
>i just reme.mber a lot of lynching happened
>like a lot
>shotguns and such on exosuits now show up on back
>one of the best changes
>scientist is removed from dorf due to doing fucking nothing and taking cargo bay from the rightful owners HAIL CARGONIA, ONCE AND FOREVER!
>ion pistols added because borgs didn't and don't have many counters, and there's one rifle
>nernums opens a patreon and the 400 dollar reward is to demote freeman
>he never does it but i know he must've been trying to hoard Good boy points, I know it in my heart of hearts

(You)
Also add onto this niggas, I just put people I remember the most.
A few others were Wendy, Wednesday Tuesday, Hossan even though he was a goddamn shit, Suzu, Ahri Man, Owen (play more you fuck) PAUS, USB, Sharla and uh... I could really go on for a long while naming people I enjoyed playing 2d spacemen with. Thanks.

And here's the picture that just got deleted.

i miss yew ess bee
only borg i didint hate
fuck anyone who has anything bad to say about that magnificent bastard

>lockers are visually depicted as having vents on them
>people suffocate as they turn them into vaccuum chambers via inhalation

>play more you fuck
I work until, like, 10 PM EST most days.
I do what I can, nigger.

>If you have to ghetto heal someone else you're kind of fucked.
It sounds like it would be complicated to implement, but would it be possible to overhaul the Examine medical information some? Right now we just see if the person is bruised/burned/etc, but obvious injuries like bleeding lacerations and bent-because-broken limbs should be perceivable, right?

How do you make gun powder again?
I've forgotten

EZ nutriment, which is a simple nitrogen phosphate
Carbon
Sulfur

I mean.
The ammolathe even gives you the chemical formula

How do you make EZ nutriment?

Botany exists. Raid it.
Botany exists, grind plants in the biogen to produce it.
Chemistry exists, mix the THREE COMPOUNDS together to synthesize it.

aside from the chemical formula you can also grind down various items for gunpowder in the ammolathe, like signal flares, cap guns, and snap pops

you can take apart flashbangs to get sulfur and potassium
beaker 1: 16 sulfur, 32 aluminum
beaker 2: 16 sulfur, 32 potassium

ez nutri recipe: required_reagents = list("potassium" = 1, "nitrogen" = 1, "oxygen" = 3)
gp recipe: required_reagents = list("eznutriment" = 3, "sulfur" = 1, "carbon" = 3)

so depending on your nutriment method, you could need oxygen or carbon.
carbon can be gathered from making "burned mess" in the microwave pretty easily
contains 1 toxin and 3 carbon

I don't think we ever made a way to harvest oxygen as a reagent though, but it was definitely something planned for either electrolysis (which would be the better option I think) or ice field (which should just be a source of water mostly but having gases in it isnt bad either)
(using gaseous oxygen and nitrogen as reagents would be sadly too complicated as well and make chemistry basically impossible for anything that has a recipe similar to one that contains either, and dexalin would spontaneously be made in jars of plasma while sucking out the oxygen, even if all the air didn't instantly turn into water resulting in everyone on the station gasping to death.)

>playing mad world while ian eats a human corpse
Now this is spessmens

Damn paradoxes.

Bump

Post about dead spacemans, nerds

> Post about dead spacemans, nerds
He wasn't quite sure what went wrong, just that the engine blew.