/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Druids! Edition
In honor of the honestly sweet druid options in the new Healer book, what are some fun druids you played as, encountered, or want to play as?

Please keep both animu fetishposting and "OverPoWered" shitposting to a minimum, otherwise you aren't being excellent

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sphere's of Might kickstarter:
kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system

I liked the 3.5 Druid that let you put fast healing on your party in exchange for certain things.

Also the wildshape focus one where you could change into a limited number of creatures but could do it more often.

Starting off this thread with some bonus positivity. Tell us about some cute little tick, habit or foible your character has that wasn't important enough to mention in his backstory.

So for the Avowed playtest, why does it have that dumb 3.5 warlock thing of spell-like abilities with 24-hour duration, when PF has constant spell-like abilities as a thing already in the rules?

>have players be part of a mercenary company
>1200 men
>divided into four 300 man battalions
>divided into six 50 man platoons
>divided into two 25 man patrols
>one of the 5 party members is a major
>two are lieutenants under him
>two are sergeants under one of the lieutenants
>the players are were happy and just gravitated towards their roles
>gotta now make 4 extra lieutenants and 10 extra sergeants for their battalion.

So right now I have the following:
>Doughbelly
Elderly Orc Scarred Witch Doctor Lieutenant, Level 4
>Groak
Werebat Skinwalker UC Rogue Lieutenant, level 4

The available races are:
>Human, Dwarf, Orc, half-Orc, Hobgoblin, Skinwalker, Tiefling (free variant), Ratfolk

For reference Hobgoblins/Goblins/Bugbears are all grouped with ratfolk as a rodent like monstrous lineage.

Anyone want to help make mercenaries? Just an idea/nick name/etc. would be fine!

The company is called The Crow Men.

Or even a major would be great!

These are the level brackets for the different ranks:
>Sergeants are typically level 3, while lieutenants are between 4-5, and majors between 5-7, and commanders between 6-8.

She likes to carry cards, dice, and games with her, but so far she's played mostly solitaire.

I thought it was cute but really it was just kender shit which made me sad. So I made her have a thing for law enforcement.

I rolled it and it looks like I'm making a qt 3.14 waifu.

Rolled 4, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4, 6, 4, 3, 4, 4, 1 = 77 (24d6)

Here to add some extra fun lets roll for their stats! That's always a fun time.

He actually has a bit of a fetish for smaller races, gnomes and halflings and occasionally dwarves.

>4, 1, 4, 1
Str: 9
>4, 6, 4, 4
Dex: 14
>1, 2, 2, 1
Con: 5
>4, 2, 6, 2
Int: 12
>3, 4, 6, 4
Wis: 13
>3, 4, 4, 1
Cha: 11

Should probably go a Con race.

Dwarf would fit. Perhaps a dwarf inquisitor sergeant?

LN Exarch maybe?

>tfw the party's Druid is a 6-foot-something, 20-STR Half-Drow girl literally raised by wolves

>the same Elf Wizard who introduced her to regular society also frequently targets her with Enlarge Person
>and we just hit Level 4, which means she can Wild Shape now

>when we first met at Level 1, my 4'10" Brawler beat her in a boxing match in one round due to being the only trained in unarmed combat
>he basically jumped to deal an uppercut
>18 STR to her 20

On an unrelated note.
>tfw not a day goes by that I'm not tempted to use a Devolutionist Druid as an antagonist

He's fought some seriously weird opponents in the pit-fighting circut, and remembers aspects of their fighting styles (Martial Flexibility fluff). I haven't mentioned all of them, and only his main rival has been named.

She fights kinda like pic related, and is about the least gimmicky opponent he's faced.

because of his asshole wizard father, he avoids talking about family, and proactively avoids family gatherings
>this hasn't come up yet in game

Which is less edgy.

>LE healer who causes others to rely on her in order to bring about their doom

>LG bloody healer who martyrs herself for others, giving everything she can

I'm considering running a game where the idea from the onset is that there will be two groups of PCs, run separately, who are working against one another in courtly intrigue. Meaning that actually coming into direct combat is unlikely, at least not deadly combat, but the two parties can be petty towards one another in fantastic ways.

I'm hoping they get some playtest or sample materials for this out soon, everything I've heard about it seems pretty exciting.

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything particularly fun and exciting, game-related or otherwise?

I REALLY want to play a Goliath Druid because I fucking love Giants and it's probably the only way I'll be able to "play" as one. Also the archetype is just cool as hell in general.

The LG healer sounds less edgy.

Is 3pp allowed?

Easier to make mechanically too. Thanks user.

Onryou, when bored drums her fingers on her body. Usually to the beat of the last song she heard.

>Is 3pp allowed?
Yes. DSP stuff generally allowed. Paizo as well.

Same, I'm pretty hyped

LE manipulator is more try-hard-ey, and kind of sounds like it's building up to a big ol' dick move.

LG martyr is kind of mildly cringey at worst, sounds more like a wanna-be anime heroine.

Rubio Redgrave likes to play strategy games, but is too invested in the idea of playing "bravely" to be good at them. He's been banned from playing tafl or chess in most taverns, just so he doesn't get swindled any more.

Not mine, but the Bloodrager one of my players had the last campaign started collecting all the keys they found and make necklaces and bracelets out of them ("We don't even have doors from where I come from!").
He almost had an hearth attack when the party was handed the keys of the city they saved at the end of the campaign.

Well the LE devil who has healing in his profile rules over debility, dependence and frailty.

The LG would Vildeis who is all about that scarification and martyrdom

>mfw the healer handbook mercies are making me want to play a Paladin

fuck these are so cool, but I don't feel like I'm remotely clever enough to play a LG character without being shit or just being "LG on the sheet, but actually just NG". That and I hate how few skill points it has.

We fought some kytons and got weirded out by how much they enjoyed getting shot by arrows. Progress was made, stonework was patched, and nonlethal takedowns on enmaddened humans was done.

fuck swarms

In one campaign I hit level four. In another we're on our way to storm Thistletop.

So I have been examining Papa Asmo's sexism and want to bring up some points.

In his origin story in Prince of Darkness, he and his Brother Ihys simply congealed from the ether. The other thing existing besides them at this point were the Qlippoth, but in a sort of primitive form. One of the things people site for Asmo's sexism is referring to women as "the second gender". This is the point I want to examine.

Asmo has a direct hand, along with his brother, in creating the first mortals. This is a point we have a hard time disputing because other gods were there as well. Abadar and Sarenrae are named. Asmo being the first being was masculine in form, as was his brother. So to them, who created mortals, the female form is quite literally the second gender.

So yes, it is sexist, but it is under a different context to a degree.

As for the validity of the events in Prince of Darkness, namely the creation of mortals and the Brother's War we have a hard time disputing it. If none of it happened why then do none of the other gods who were supposedly there dispute Papa Asmo's version of events? That coupled with the fact there is physical evidence that Ihys existed in a shard of the dagger Papa Asmo used in The First Betrayal is around still and contains Ihys's last scream adds validity.

Somehow Paizo made Papa Asmo a rather interesting deity both with his interaction with good deities, such as Iomedae, and his own history. It just feels like the sexism claim, whole correct, doesn't give context to the situation. While not excusable the situation is more nuanced than simply "he hates women". Heck, Papa Asmo has female commanders in Hell and sponsors one of the few Female ruled nations in the Inner Sea, and has an active hand in that nation's prosperity.

Dragon DM! Dragon DM!

How many direct servants does the Queen have? What are their duties?

Oh my gosh that girl is cute!

Anyone got any muscle-girl tiefling images? Preferably with horns at least. Both horns and tail preferred.

>SoM got funded
>Almost two second stretch goal
Noice!

>game goes on hiatus for 2 months
>finally getting ready to meet again today
>"hey guys we're ending soon"
FUCKING
AHHH
FOREVER DM SYNDROME STRIKES ONCE MORE

Seht, despite his interest in the night sky, has yet to realize that what he considers his guardian star is actually Castrovel, the green planet.

Upward of twenty. They cook, clean , pick out outfits, and most daunting: try to organize her shit

My halfling might be lewd and promiscuous but how do I show this without doing lewd and promiscuous things with the party

Sadly I've not yet gotten the chance to play my archon blooded Aasimar Druid. They were fire/earth themed, having been raised in the Five King's Mountains by her human father, dwarven mother, and a Dwarven druid master (friend of the family) that affectionately calls her 'Torch' because she developed a habit of trying to find the most appropriately torch shaped object she could and cast Continual Flame on it when she was little.

General idea is she was raised to believe that fire is a perfectly natural, but dangerous, part of nature. It can be used to cleanse, to brighten, to warm, and to destroy. She went off adventuring as a part of her Druidic training to get some worldly knowledge and lend her hand where she could.

I would have played her as an honorable and youthful (in spirit) member of the party who occasionally imparts hard truths and wisdom with some antics from her ritual of 'torch making'.

She would also eventually take Form of the Exotic Dragon and turn into a Magma Dragon.

They constantly make references to past lovers, and will look for new ones during downtime.

Tell us more about this character!

She loves to sketch the people she meets and the places she goes. She takes time to draw in her journal every night. She's also a little paranoid so she writes her thoughts and feelings in the same journal in invisible ink that can only be revealed by the light of her invoked blade.

Act like a shameless slut and then get mad when the party rightfully treats you like shit.

Wherever he goes, he is compelled to carve dwarven runes into some stone that translate to "Mori was here".

She's a fencer and a duellist, rather skilled, quite excitable. Doesn't back down from fights, lots of bravado and style, but is truthfully afraid of being alone despite her fearlessness.

Innuendo and entendre

Dirty limericks.

dammit Halfdan!

Yeah shit like that and some writings in old Roman areas turning out to say stuff like "Remus fucked a girl here" or "Julius your mother is a whore" made me want to have this cheeky dwarf leave shit like that around to make people in the future annoyed.

Oh that's easy, make her casually seductive and use plenty of innuendo/entendre, and when you get to a tavern she finds herself in the lap of a handsome man with enough confidence to flirt back.

Thanks for the help, anons, especially ! This'll help a lot!

Ask the GM to have some NPCs who are past lovers who are angry she ran out on them.

Basically the Casanova stereotype, but with genders reversed.

I can see it now.

>"Halfdan, no! Nobody here can even read that, what's the point?"
>"You can read it, can't you? Besides, what if someone reads it in a thousand years?"
>"No one will even know about us in a thousand years!"
>"I'll bet you twenty thralls they will!"
>"How do you expect to pay that? We'll both be dead!"
>"Then make it forty!"

>tfw we might have artists in the group that could do sketches or portraits.

I honestly wouldn't mind if, at least once in my life, I were to go to some place and carve into it Drink More Ovaltine

>don't listen to the inkeep when he says the whores on third are good, I caught something from two of them at least

>my friends all found a husband here and all I got was pregnant

>two socks, one shirt, remember to get soap

>Gaius has a biggest dick
>the smallest. learn to spell, dumbass

Yeah that shit was EVERYWHERE. Our ancestors were no better than we.

I want to be a communist Urban Druid in DHB's revolution AP

They were worse, even!

>Ovaltine
That was my SHIT as a kid.

They really weren't. Humans haven't changed much in over two thousand years, and yet people act like we have.

>not an an-prim

One job user.

>Druid
>Communist
Most ecosystems are essentially Free-Market, except without the heavy abstraction of economy

Yeah, either of those would probably be a better ideal for Druids in general, but given the way the AP sounded it seemed like communist would fit better.

What Golarion god is most likely to take a "the meek shall inherit the earth" approach?

Erastil.

Erastil and Shelyn!

Possibly Sarenrae, but I'd also bet on Shelyn for that--Sarenrae tends to err on the side of vengeance and righteous fury when attempts at redemption fail, while Shelyn's characterization and that of her faith is that they never give up on love and compassion, the idea that everyone can be beautiful and kind.

She has a diary in which she writes both scientific and alchemical observations as well as your basic feelsy stuff that diary tends to have. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which considering her way of speaking.
It'll also have letters to her father which will then be replaced with letters and postcards to whoever lives there instead once she lets go.

I thought he was all about the "teach a man to fish" thing, what with giving primitive humans a bow and telling them not to let nature push them around.

There's more-chocolatey ovaltine now too, that shit is delicious.

Your childhood isn't gone, user. That shit's cheap too. And surprisingly nutritious.

Erastil
Also that one Empyreal Lord of Cowards

How exactly do you think the meek inherit said land?

Protip: It's not by getting eaten first.

Humans back then were just like humans now.

Erastil is about Families, Communities, and living off the land. He's the kind of guy who supports the simple farming/permaculture lifestyle, and living off of your own hard work rather than wasting your life as a big city socialite or a wandering murderhobo.

Basically, those people you read about in Mother Earth News and American Frontiersman Magazine, and who usually have a copy of A Sand County Almanac and Poor Richard's Almanac? Those are Erastileans

>everyone can be beautiful and kind

If only. It'd be one thing if there were only those who /failed/ to be so. But so long as there are those for whom it simply isn't possible. As long as there are those whose very natures bar them from beauty, bar them from kindness, the very effort is pointless.

If you can't save everyone, why save anyone? You get the same result in the end.

That's just quitter talk for being lazy.

Also everyone on those Discovery channel Alaska shows!

Except Alaskan Bush People, that's Lamashtu.

Go back to Numeria and play with your toys, Zyphus, grown folks are talking here.

If you can't save everyone, at least save those you like.

You're just an asshole otherwise.

>Zyphus

But that's Ahriman's symbol!

If nothing matters then why spend the effort to be a dick?

>If you can't save everyone, why save anyone?
One word: Existentialism

Actually, come to think of it, considering the Golarion-to-Earth timeline, Kierkegaard isn't too far off. Now I kinda wanna see Kierkegaard standing before Zyphus and BTFOing him thoroughly.

Because that's something you can actually succeed at.

Saving things is impossible - destroying things is easy.

>If you can't save everyone, why save anyone? You get the same result in the end.
Minimising suffering while maximising happiness in an ethical manner.

If you can save some people, who cares if you can't save everyone? You manage to save some people for the time being.

Okay Shelyn works surprisingly well for the campaign.

>if it's allowed
Is being that stupid hard?

>yfw everyone on Abbadon has the same agenda besides Urgathoa
>they're all nihlist edgelords but she's a hedonistic NEET

So she just crashes on Abbadon in order to take advantage of free room and board, to mooch pizzas off of the other gods there, and to occasionally play Catan?

Ahrimanes doesn't want to destroy everything, he wants to taint everything.

>Lord of all the div, Ahriman is the embodiment of pure destruction and seeks the utter obliteration of existence through his div servants. Ahriman is a demigod, and his unholy symbol is a black circle with a thin sliver of light overtaken by darkness.

From Bestiary 3.

It would still fill the purpose of changing damage type of the weapon.

But that doesn't really matter because fencing / slashing grace are horse shit because of the "no off hand Anything".

>Culdranth is a draconic embodiment of Urgathoa.

The 5E game I play in had the player characters waking up tied to chairs with no saves to get a job offer from a morally dubious smuggler to a paladin, a tax inspector, a courtier and a fireball happy mage. We spent the 80% of the session asking why the person would be trustworthy, why they'd trust us if they thought we would only listen while tied up, and basically no progress was made for 4 hours of gameplay except to get given a suicidal quest by someone we wouldn't trust as far as we'd throw them.

The dungeon world game was a summary of what happened last time, and that was it. No actual game happened.

Two people out of five showed up to my shadowrun game and one person later said they're out. That leaves two actually ok players and two dead fish and I am likely to just ditch the campaign at this point.

My other shadowrun game I run went actually pretty well, where the party spent 60% of the session bathing, 15% travelling, 20% discussing terms with the Johnson, and 5% watching the place they just got info from and show evidence inside to the police be enveloped in a force 15 fire spirit.

I had a fun time GMing for a trap fox prince fae today.

To be fair, a copy of The Almanac is a good yearly investment anyway.

So on Golarion, do languages change? Like how there's old English, middle English, modern English?

Osirian changes, but that's because they still wanted Ancient Osirian stuff to need people to translate it for them.

Otherwise, you are expecting too much effort from Paizo

Kinda? I know of ancient Osirian and modern Osirian. But I think ancient Osirian is just hieroglyphics while modern is a written and spoken language.

Too much effort for Paizo, otherwise Brevic Common would be different from Ustalav Common would be different from Taldan Common.

The "best" part of the pfs stuff is piazo listing the world languages, including all the different kinds of "common" you can use as a GM.