/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General MkXII

Squad Broken Edition
Regroup Check Sub-Edition
Glory of the Third Tertiary Edition

Last Thread: >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Reform those ranks! What're you working on to better your Legion?

I'm painting up two Rhinos, and thinking of where I want my colors on my Stormraven>Eagle conversion. Also waiting on one more Rhino and two bike squads I'll be using as Outriders.

First for Alpha Legion

XIITH FOR THE XIITH!
RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH.

So what's the actual point of a Spartan deathstar? I'm looking to get into Heresy with a Mechanicum army using Myrmidons, aircraft and tonks, , plus light robots, and as far as I've seen everyone sticks a 400pt+ Primarch with a 300pt termie squad in a 350pt Spartan. How can that possibly kill it's points? Seems like it would get torched and then kited by anyone competent.

So far my plan for a counter to that is Scoria and some Vorax outflanking, and that's about half the cost and still really dangerous.

>Scoria
Youve already won. Scoria is a fraction of what he should cost and of what a spartan deathstar will be and will still win. And he'll of course have some robutt buddies.

Really spartanstars are overrated. Medusas, grav anything, and simply shooting it in the sides are easy to do. Then it's stuck out in the open and laid to waste. The options are so wide that even if you dont face a spartan youll still have a good list.

Flare shields greatly reduce the number of weapons that can threaten a Spartan, and 300+ points is worth it because footslogging is slow and leaves you vulnerable to the weapons that flare shields work against.

>man, I really want to take a cool unit of [legion specific] terminators
>and I also want to take a primarch, because I think [my primarch] rocks. Now, he'll need a transport because plasma guns are a thing.
>hmm, land raiders only seat 10, and [legion specific] terminators have a minimum unit size of 5 so they fill it up, can't add any characters to that
>seems a bit silly to buy a transport just for the primarch alone and then have the terminators in another land raider
>I know! A spartan! That allows me to fit all this cool stuff in a single assault vehicle!
...is pretty much how I imagine it normally goes. Stage 2 can also be replaced with
>man, I need this praetor for the rite of war, but it seems silly not to get him into close combat with his stats, so he needs a transport...
in some cases.

So annoying that they don't just give Land Raiders a transport capacity of 12. I see more Spartans than Land Raiders and that's dumb.

yeah but then basic land raiders would actually see play and we can't have that

Thats how it is when logistics isn't an issue. Every player can have a primarch and the best of what a legion has to offer at one time.

Would be cool to have a 'grunt' format. No named characters, no model with master of the legion, mayeb even no legion specifics(or a point%limit on them because I mean Mor Deythan or Head Hunters for example can show up anywhere for any reason).

what army does girl plays in 30k ? in AoS its a majority of Dwarfs and sylvaneth, in 40k its tyranid, in 30k its ?

Has anyone gotten good use out of heavy support lascannons? A 10 man squad looks great on paper, esspecially in a bunker with a vox to counter anyone trying to get into melee which is what i have plannee. But I haven't played anyone who used them.

Thoughts?

Girls don't play 30k user.

>what army does girl plays in 30k ? in AoS its a majority of Dwarfs and sylvaneth, in 40k its tyranid, in 30k its ?
I really wonder how much truth is in that and if it's not 100% anecdotal.

>no model with master of the legion
Alternatively, just make it so you can't take a praetor.

Rites of war being unlocked by a Delegatus would be a cool way to get some variety in that kind of format.

I'm reading Betrayer, and really enjoying it, but while i was reading it a really random doubt came to my mind.

What are the Iron Warriors doing at the same time of the Shadow Crusade is taking place?
They are one of my favourite legions.

It just fits its role as a transport very well, with the added bonus of shooting shit. It does what landraiders do plus more.

I had luck with infiltrated ones being RG. Decap strike to go first, Siege Breaker for TH, infiltrate for sweet side armor. But beyond that theyre really expensive.

>Delegatus
Defeats the entire purpose of the grunt format. He's given full authority to take and use whatever he needs to get his task done. Logistics are out the window there too.

The point is to emulate the war from a wider perspective. The dudes that fight off-screen when the normal games played by players have primarchs and named people.

Everyone does seems to have the same anecdote, though.

Emperor's chldren I guess.

If the theory that the appeal of nids and slyvaneth is all the tentacles is true, then probably mechanicum.

Looking at the blackshields reaver Lord I think I'm in love. Gonna try them out this Saturday and wanted to get some opinions on load out. He looks like he'll easily get to a land raider in price. Any blackshield players in here?

>He's given full authority to take and use whatever he needs to get his task done
Only if using chosen duty. Otherwise he's a regular low-ranking officer that lets you use rites, which absolutely saw use in the wider theater of the heresy.

Essentially everything else that happens post Isstvan, since Calth happened shortly after.

So the battle of Phall, Paramar, getting mind controlled by Cassian Dracos, defending the middle of no where,etc

Prepared to get focused fired. Ariltery will fuck then up, even in terrain so say goodbye to all those points.

Proteus should have TC 12 in exchange for losing the assault ramp.

Iron Warriors.

Perturabo and the bulk of the legion went to Phall after Isstvan to intercept the Imperial Fists retribution fleet, followed Fulgrim on his daemonhood chase, and then went to Tallarn afterward. Tallarn was going to be a Pyrrhic victory but Horus ordered them to get moving before they got their hands on the Black Oculus.

Small parts of the legion were spread out through... dunno, the galactic north I think?

I know a guy who put them on a void shield generator. That works really well, actually - better than a bunker.

Which legion can pull off a Winged Hussar theme? The Scars?

No, to even become a Delegatus you are given a specific task. The Delegatus is a temporary position that exists on a as-needed basis. The Chosen Duty RoW is an optional way to represent this unique to him. Using another RoW is just another way to execute his task.

He still gets the keys to everything is it's in the name of what he needs to do.

>No vets or terminators, seekers, or legion special units as troops
>No praetors
>No special characters
>No lords of war

Limiting other armies would be a lot tougher though. I guess some options are
>No Lord Marshal for Solar Auxilia
>No Archmagos for Mechanicum
>No Planetary overlord for Imperial Militia
>Can only take one vehicle with more than 4 hull points outside of transports

Would probably lead to overall more interesting armies without superheavies, primarchs, and HQ beatstick masturbation.

In the few examples i've seen; AdMech or Blood Angels.

Scars, Dark Angels, and Emperor's Children can all do it fairly well. Unfortunately you can't take power lances as power weapons outside of specific units so you will be stuck with basic power weapons as well as legion special weapons like Phoenix Spears and Power Glaives.

Iron Warriors were fucking everywhere. If there was a shitty war that needed to be won, a keep to be garrisoned, the IV was there...

>check FW out of boredom
>number of RT rulebooks in play decreased from 5 to 2
What happened?

I was thinking more:
>No Praetors or Delegatus.
>Support Officer is ignored for all but the Moritat.
>(Maybe)25% of your points may be spent on Veteran Tacticals, Legion Terminators, and/or Legion Specific Units
>No Lords of War

The other armies would need tweaking catered to them.

Would definitely give games a larger variety.

I use two sets of 5, both in rhinos to get good ground and to use as a shield of necessary. Give one a siege breaker for it's buffs and to coordinate barrages. Last game I popped a spartan after one round of shooting and can't tell you how many drop pods they've intercepted. Worth the points if you can keep them safe

I like the idea of dropping storm shield termies in when they're getting to close for comfort to the actual fighting.

Thanks, user.

Painting up some Terminators now.

Why would you remove delegatus? Removing that, praetor, and primarchs removes rites of war meaning that you remove a huge part of the uniqueness of the various legions.

Three were won?

While I can't remember White Scars' or Dark Angels' rules off the top of my head EC have a couple good things going for them.
>They rely on the charge ore than probably any other army (+1 initiative on the charge and Phoenix spears are two handed power swords unless you get the charge)
Winged hussars are all about that cavalry charge
>Maru Skara lets you outflank three units and more importantly decide what turn you want them to outflank on
Useful if you know what you are facing as you can set up plans that involve precise timing
>Any sergeant can take a Phoenix Spear unlike say legatine axes which are reserved for independent characters
Lances are a pretty important part of the winged hussars

On the other hand Ravenwing Knights sold by Games Workshop proper have wings akin to hussar wings on the back of their bikes already. If you want to use Dark Angels because of that or want to use them in making your own EC, WS, or other army is up to you but they exist and can work well to get the right aesthetic.

Why does one look bigger than the other? Is that the difference between the resins and plastics?

see and
Delegatus is not a grunt format material.

Plus everyone would take him, the point here is variety of unsung line grunts fighting at a different front off-screen from the heroes.

Oh course it's anecdotal. All info given on this fucking site is anecdotal. It's not like anyone on an fucking anonymous board feels the need to justify anything ever.

Tyranids being the girl army isn't an anecdote it's a fucking scientifically verifiable fact. I guaran-fucking-tee you you could go paint up a colorful Tyranid army and instantly have all the women in your life walk by and go "that's cute".

How much money do you spend on Nuln oil user.

Some of the bases are taller than others, looking at them.

>tfw i haven't even painted any vehicles yet.
>ooshtbhfam

Decimation.

Did any of the IVth fight in the Rangdan Xenocides?

There's 3 of those and the DAs and DGs did the 3rd one. I think.

I do like the cute little robits.

Are ya a grill?

>Support Officer is ignored for all but the Moritat.
Welcome back to every single army takes a Primus Medicae or a Master of Signals as HQ. Support Officer exists for a very good reason. Even with Support Officer people take Masters of Signal in a lot of lists, which just goes to show how good they are that people are willing to bloat the HQ points load of a list just to get their support abilities in an army.

You can make an argument that you should be able to take libbies as compulsory HQs, but I'd disagree on two grounds. First, it's not really fluffy for anyone but TS and kind-of sort-of WB to have loads of psykers after Nikea, and second, we already have "libby as the default SM warlord" in 40k armies. I like that 30k sidelines psykers a bit, 7th edition psychic rules especially can really take over the game quickly if you get too many charges on the table.

>Would definitely give games a larger variety.
I can see the appeal of gruntifying 30k, but c'mon, variety? You're pushing for the opposite.

Its exactly what a Land Raider should be, even better than what a Land Raider was in its prime back in 3rd or 4th edition.

Plus theres no real reason for psyker HQs with all the armies as balanced as they are, for the most part. You introduce psyker shenanigans when you smell Eldar.

>Welcome back to every single army takes a Primus Medicae or a Master of Signals as HQ
Arguable either way. I saw a PM HQ once and it was ehhh at best. I I see the value in the MoS, but take away praetor and bloat from legion specifics and its really easy to get two generic HQs even with support officer still on.

>second paragraph
All subjective and contextual

Not necessarily true. I mean variety in different units. Instead of seeing every salamander list with a praetor with TH 2+/3++ with firedrakes in a spartan you might actually see flamer support squads, dreads, etc. Some legions are so pigeon holed into popular builds that I cant imagine them in typical line scenarios. Take away the logistically unlikely scenario that every primarch and his elite can be anywhere in the galaxy due to the arcade nature of this game and it shifts things dramatically.

The Primary advantages that the Ravenwing Protocol brings to the idea is Rad Grenades on all the characters, the ability to drive off the battlefield into reserves and then outflank back on, and Molecular Acid shells/Stasis grenades.

The downsides are the lack of special units, poor LA advantage and the most crippling of all the LA disadvantages.

HOW MANY OF YOU BITCH NIGGAS PLAY ON 32MM LIKE LITTLE FAGGOT GIRLS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT CAME IN YOUR BABBY'S PLASTIC BOX SET

25MM MASTERRACE REPORT IN

BLAST TEMPLATE DODGAN

HIGHER BASE TO BASE COUNTAN

HAMMER OF WRATHAN

JUMP PACK TOPPLAN

WHOLE SQUAD BEHIND THE RHINO COWERAN

25MM MASTERRACE

>25MM

Fucking sucks shit, they barely fit on the base.

Cool b8 bro.

I think different mission types that emphasize scoring/progressive scoring would be a better way to get grunt lists in use. Most of the missions in 30k boil down to a combination of kill points and having more shit left on the board, preferably in the right places, at the end of the game than the opponent (i.e., kill points with a twist). There's only one progressive scoring mission (in the main mission list), and it's still got a lot of points in kill-y secondaries.

Honestly, I'd be curious to see how the standard ITC tournament missions would play with 30k armies. They tend to favor MSU scoring armies over deathstar kill point armies, although they made some tweaks this season to even that out a bit.

>TOES FALLAN OFF THE BASEAN
Fuck that shit, the newer bases are so much better. Modeling for advantage is cancer, and by extension so are you. Get the fuck out.

>half my army is on 25s still because 32 doesn't fit in the foam trays I own
STOP REMINDING ME

>he still fields 25mm space marines

So fluff it as a random captain or some shit. The point is to get rid of generic death stars and pride of the legion lists. By removing rites of war you are in effect making every list much more similar because they have the same limitations now. One can't access new units as troops or build a list around outflanking or deepstriking. It is just dudes on a table but now no death stars.

The fluff doesn't matter as much as in game effects. A malcador is less advanced than a leman russ, but if you wanted to prevent Imperial Militia and Solar Auxilia from super heavy spamming you would limit them while not limiting leman russ tanks since the latter would devalue all armoured lists.

A delegatus isn't a linchpin unit though. He isn't 4 squads of veterans or a primarch with his bodyguards or a 7 attack praetor with an honour guard. He's a crappy officer who gives you rite of war.

Fuck yeah, bitches
Space Marines were meant for 25mm, every other race should get 20mm instead of making the real master faction move

>TOES FALLAN OFF THE BASEAN
>not making an army of 100% running legs

Must be some kind of fort-building scum.

Adeptus Astartes are the 25mm faction. We're Legiones Astartes here, 40kid.

>Always running
So I assume you are a Raven Guard running away from the enemy.
>Horus maybe if my guys run away from the fort fast enough while you attack head on we can capture it.

HOW MANY OF YOU BITCH NIGGAS STILL PLAY ON 25MM LIKE LITTLE FAGGOT GIRLS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT CAME IN YOUR GRANDPA'S OLD MAN FW SETS

32MM MASTERRACE REPORT IN

BLAST HIT REDUCAN

HIGHER TERRITORY COVERAN

JUMP PACK STABLAN

SMALL FOOTPRINTS ARE FOR FAGGOTSAN

32MM MASTERRACE

30k didn't go 32mm until like half a year after book 2

>using the bases you were supplied with
>modelling for advantage

Too bad GW straight up said both 25mm and 32mm are legal because they were too lazy to force everyone to move to 32mm.

Sure coulda used that attitude back in WHFB when they changed Beastman Gor sizes THREE TIMES.

Anyone got that rogal dorn's giant chainblade reaction image?

>Sure coulda used that attitude back in WHFB when they changed Beastman Gor sizes THREE TIMES.
To be fair base size was far more important in WHFB than it is in 40k.

nevermind, found it

32mm bases look better on marines, unless talking about RT/2e marines

t. oldfag

Sanguinus has Sanguinary Guard, Vulcan has Fire Drakes, Angron has Red Butchers

What are Dorns personal bodyguards?

Huscarls, this guy is their leader.

What kind of armor kind user?

I can't find it.

Probably Indomitus because thats what the Fists preferred.

So what color are Iron Hands actually supposed to be? I've seen the classic black, FW's oily scheme, dark silver, and so on.

Which is the official/which one, in your opinion, looks best?

In Praetorian of Dorn, they're portrayed wearing both Indomitus Terminator armour and regular power armour. The consistent element between them is a black cloak.

Why are there two different super heavies called the Fellblade? I saw a cheap fellblade on ebay, just a bunch of bits really so not easily identifiable, it was labeled Blood angles Fellblade so I figure I can scrape off any Legion markings

But lo and behold the Blood angels Fellblade is a specific type of 40k super heavy that looks like a Baneblade with more assault cannons. I know it's hard to come up with enough grimdark names but why repeat it on a vehicle in the same class?

>a black cloak

GREEN STUFF MAGIC AWAY.

Fuck I wanted to model cool bodyguards.

>it's a namefag is a retard episode
the fellblade you're talking about is a homebrew ruleset for a conversion made by BolShit

Any 3rd party stores that could sell bits that match these guys' helmets? Also what faction is better suited for them? Militia?

>implying I care enough to pay attention to what people on BoLS do

well homebrew or not someone's trying to sell one.

>What are Dorns personal bodyguards?
Walls.

Why do you want your guys to look like an earless Mickey Mouse?

The only bases Terminators should be on is 25mm prove me wrong.

I just want to know if there are mask bits like these.

>people selling shit with the wrong words on eBay is somehow the fault of anyone else but the seller

I get that you're trying ever so hard to be mad user, but I don't really see the point. I found my answer about why it's not named properly and that's fine.

Have a good night.

And I seriously want to know why you want your army to look like disfigured Disney mascots.

Solar Auxilia list. If you were playing a clone of yourself, would it beat your army /hhg/?

HQ - Lord Marshall - 135
Artificier Armor
Displacer Matrix
Digital Lasers
Paragon Blade

Elites - Auxilia Medicae Detachment - 60

Elites - Household Retinue - 165
Power Axes

Elites - Household Retinue - 165
Power Axes

Troops - Veletaris - 115
DT - Dracosan - 165
Demolisher Cannon

Troops - Lasrifle Section - 115
Troop Master

Aegis Defence Line - 90
Quad Gun

Heavy Support - Malcador Infernus - 285
Chem Munitions

Fast Attack - Lightning Fighter - 185
4x Kraken Penetrators

LoW - Stormlord - 515
Armoured Ceramite

2000/2000

I'm thinking I'll pick infiltrate WL trait for the Veletarii in the Demolisher, or maybe Eternal Warrior on the Lord Marshall.

Lord Marshall and axemen go in the Stormlord

Basically big scary things going up the field while the gunline, fighter and Dracosan harass.

Who's to say I do? I just want to know, user. I remember that they exist and I wonder if there were mini bits for them. And they are not that bad when you remember that the Indomitus helmets(not bashing but they are a little goofy) and the Emperor's Children exist. Are you saying these masks are worse than Fulgrim's ugly mug?

>Heavy Support - Malcador Infernus - 285
>Chem Munitions
I guess you don't like having friends? You may as well get the Tank Commander for PE so that gun that wounds on 2, ignores armour, ignores cover, uses a hellstorm template, and then lobs said template another 18" can reroll to wound JUST TO BE SURE.

Seriously, though, I know it has counters but no one wants to play against that thing. It's fucking horrifying. I'd only ever dream of bringing one to a big tournament like the LVO, and that's a big model to buy for such limited use.

Fuck you taking the high ground

>implying I'll have a good night

Take your shit back to the eBay forums