Digimon

Don't see the harm in keeping these going.

Discord
discord.gg/w5kypjG

Homebrew System:
Digimon Digital Adventure
1d4chan.org/wiki/Digimon:_Digital_Adventures
digimon-digital-adventures.tumblr.com/

Mentioned or Recommended Systems:
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>OVA
>Savage Worlds
>Mutants and Masterminds
>GURPS

Evolution Line Templates:
imgur.com/a/zDSxf

Last Thread (For Storytime)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xa8almxnYto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh if anyone know about other homebrew systems, give them a shout out, I feel like I've seen some in passing.

3rd for evo line posting, waifu edition

To continue the story time from last thread.
()

Once the characters got to Hub City the speculate a bit on what the attack was about, but also get caught up bragging about their partners.

We are welcomed to the city by Signalmon, one our handful of OCmon who receives our report on the attack and let's us go on our way.

During this period Abby has a bit of a crisis in regards to not being able to talk to the others, Shoutmon helps her get over it in their first bonding moment, as well as shows his first signs of being super overprotective of Abby which'll be a key trait of his as the the game progresses.

While Shoutmon and Abby were doing their things, the rest of the party realize what's going on and decide to sing a song for her when she got back as an apology. A song Chie picked up from her grandfather, despite not actually being able to speak japanese.

>The Biggest Dreamer
youtube.com/watch?v=xa8almxnYto

This song became the general theme for the game and a nickname for the group.

The group receives a message from Alicia noting how cute they are, which gives Abby the idea of using the digivice messages as a way to talk to everyone.

Things move along from there and the party decides to start up on a quest. Between the options of 'Hot and Bothered' (which Coronamon favored), Special Delivery, Green thumb(which Chie thought to be gross due to a misunderstanding of the saying), and 'Hope your not Afraid of Heights!' The group immediately jumped on 'Green Thumb' as Abby favored it and Castor immediately sided with her out of the guilt mentioned previously.

Once the group were ready they took a teleport pad that brought them to a nearby forest for the quest. After taking in the environment, the group were welcomed by a sudden quake and fleeing digimon.

There the group met their first Hollowmon ending the session just before battle.

>Mienumon
How am I not familiar already?

I'm tempted to make my own simple homebrew since I'm picky and like making my own systems, but I have too many projects already

Yeah I know the feeling of having too many projects.

Ugh, I know. I've been "trying" to make one for years.

She's one of the new appmon, from the anime and game that started airing late last year. I don't think she's appeared in the anime yet, just the game.

She showed up in the anime pretty early, she's basically the face for the villain for right now.

What do you mean there's no Tabletopmon?

Bless Matt for enabling this cuteness

>Matt
Who?

Greatest brother enabling greatest ship.

Ah. For some reason I thought you knew who the artist was and that his name was Matt.

JUSTICE BUMP

How would you implement rules for attribute/element damage modifiers?
Different games don't all have the same array of elements, let alone which are assigned to which species or how they relate to each other. Cyber Sleuth doesn't have a metal element. Sunburst/Moonlight doesn't have a wood element. Re:Digitize doesn't have an electric element. So the specifics obviously have to be left to the GM, but I still think we can discuss the concept.
One thing I've concluded is that a tabletop RPG must make these modifiers a lot more forgiving than in the video games, not double damage or half damage, and certainly not able to stack modifiers from both attribute and element. I say this because on tabletop you will usually have fewer species to choose from, sometimes limited to a single evolution line per player, and no option to reload from save if you lose. At best, you would have items to change your digimon's attribute/element for the current battle. A non-stacking modifier of ±1/3 is as far as I'd go.

It really depends on the system and how it handles bonuses and how complex you're willing to go. I think in a general case elements work however you want them to work, so you can copy the triangles from whichever game you prefer.

TM mentioned in discord the reason he avoided elements in the main book is because it slows down combat, which is a pretty valid thing to consider.

Like the point of combat in tabletop isn't to replicate videogame mechanics since videogames get the advantage of being able to automate everything. It's to get the feeling you get from videogames/series in another form. See 4e is the classic example of when you try to hard to b vidya like.

So the question is, how important are elements to you and is it really worth the extra steps given what it's giving you?

For attributes at least, I'd like to have them be conceptual rather than numerical bonuses. Hard counters in terms of tactics rather than raw power.

Vaccines, for example, can damage virus types without getting infected, while viruses have high hp totals that data has a hard time punching through with def-ignoring techs.

Why not go into it as a group/thread project. These sorts of things pop up on Veeky Forums all the time and evolve into something neat.

Accidentally left name on from Wizard Guild thread

I'm pretty picky with my game projects and tend to micromanage everything. While I'm not opposed, I've heard plenty of stories of games splitting off into different versions because of creative disagreement.

Very true. I tend to be the same way about broadstrokes with projects I've worked on. Still, if people have ideas they might as well throw them down. I think core mechanics need to be designed for human tamers and digimon separately, with humans having a different attribute set geared more towards general action and perhaps buffs/combat boosts, and digimon having actual combat capabilities and tributes. I think determining the state digimon consistently exist in is a big part too, as well as the general guidelines for digivolving.

Then you have aspects of the entire digital world needing to be laid out. While things like locations are more setting based than anything, how do you treat things like glitches. Do you want them to act as a variation for digimon stats that you can cash in on. Such as X glitches let you move some number of attribute points from one attribute to another. A digimon might have 15 STR 10 DEX, but you can use glitches to have 10 STR 15 DEX. If digimon have static growth trees that is. Two agumon would have identical attributes, for example.

Sorry for semi-scattered ideas, but that's sort of what comes to mind right off the bat.

I'm not a fan of glitches. Stat variations are already covered by training, and if you wanted to add more I'd rather retool the canon Overwrite into tabletop mechanics.

More?