Order of the Stick #1062

New OOTS!

Ugh, is OOTS the simpsons of webcomics?

wot

It feels like it's been a couple weeks since the last one.

I remember I started reading it way back when it had #100 strips and Erfworld only became a thing next to it.

It's 2017, Burlew started a whole new plot with the gates, blew up all but one of them, and it still feels like the conclusion of the story will be in 2024.

I literally could not possibly be any more ambivalent.

I dunno, you cared enough to open the thread and comment. You've still got a little ways to go.

About what aspect? Or you may be using the incorrect word.

I noticed that the word count has increased as the Autists on the forums have complained about not seeing actions in between panels.

>It feels like it's been a couple weeks since the last one.
That's still better than what it used to be.

>

Gits?

No wonder I couldn't find it in the archive.

Man, WHY the hell is everyone in OotS universe just doing everything they can to fuck over their own universe? It's got to be deliberate at this point. I think there's maybe seven or eight people total at this point on the entire planet who are actively trying to stop the world from being destroyed or enslaved- two paladins, the thing under the umbrella, and the Order of the Stick. What the fuck is wrong with this picture?

Hel gains a lot from the kill/restructure, the Scribble party hated each other and were incredibly shortsighted, Tarquin thinks he's the REAL main villain, Xykon either still thinks he controls the gate when the ritual is done, or just doesn't care what Redcloak is up to, Redcloak is working for his petty edgelord of a god, Durkula works for Hel, and the vast majority of the populace doesn't know what's happening.

We're not sure what the IFCC is up to but they have their own plan that probably involves wrecking everything at the last minute so the world is neither destroyed nor saved.

It didn't feel right to let this thread go without seeing how many words I could cut while keeping the strip coherent. I think the answer is "all but eight."

Hey look, the only thing that develops slower than play by post games.

Also in terms of things we still might see, assuming the Giant doesn't asspull back dead people and won't return to loose ends from the Tarquin plot for the sake of pacing:
>Hilgya's still jilted and is a dwarf
>Sabine's gone rogue as the sole remaining linear guild member
>The Azure city plot-line still has Hinjo as a Checkov's gun
>The MitD is rebelling slowly but probably isn't on the order's side.

We're not done with this rodeo

Considering it was Christmas and New Year it's not surprising.

Is the lich dead yet?

No. The Dwarf is though.

I'm confused. Why did whiny hat bitch murder bossy bandana man?

The answer is, because he's an ambitious, traitorous cunt, and he's done nothing in the comic but question every single decision that Bandana makes. Some people are just dicks.

>Erfworld has been updating twice a week for a good while now
>it still takes Rich 2-6 weeks to churn out a page or two of a stick figure comic

Isn't Rich dying or something?

it takes time to write that much text

"undisclosed chronic illness"

He sure finds time to hawk his merchandise, though.

After so much time working on oots, it finally gave him cancer.

Ambivalence is feeling multiple conflicting things. Apathy is not caring. Caring enough to open the thread and comment is fairly consistent with ambivalence.

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC
MORE THAN THREE WEEKS AND WHAT'S THE FUCKING UPDATE
LET'S TURN BACK AND CANCEL ALL PROGRESS WHATSOEVER WHY THE FUCK NOT
THIS COMIC IS NOT DRIP FEED, DRIP FEED MEANS YOU HAVE A GREAT DRINK BY 12PM. NO THIS IS FUCKING STALAGMITE FORMATION OVER THE COURSE OF AEONS OF BLUEBALLING ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE EVERYWHERE FOREVER

Sage because I'm late and ded thred

It's the Simpson's of RPG comics.

If you're going for longest running for webcomics as a whole, that would be Kevin and Kell, a furry comic that's actually more palatable than most simply because it's more like a true newspaper comic than anything else.

This is boring, how long has it been boring?

Does it develop slower than DoA because it that a year in real life is one week in that wrbcomic

>oots now has a flying diversity ship
What happened?

2016 did

Shit, you right. I have been using that word wrong my entire life.

>This is completely ridiculous. We have been waiting five years for something which won't be what we asked for because it will be in a different art style which nobody wanted when they pledged money (and inconsistent with the previous sets of minis in that particular case). An art style which has in turn caused larger delays to both the comic and fulfilment of the kickstarter than any thumb injury, real or fictitious (and there is evidence of both) could ever accomplish. All because Mr Burlew does not want to continue the story and is only doing it because he wants to finish what he started (he has said that he changed the art style because otherwise output would be slower because he didn't want to do it and that sometimes he only updates because it's been a week since he did the last comic).

>Rich Burlew, if you see this message, either get a life coach to sort out your appalling work ethic or publish all your notes and future plot lines for the Order of the Stick in your next update and move on to a new story which you will have more investment in than Order of the Stick. Because you can't continue as normal.
I imagine people died waiting for this. lol

The extra panels are important for showing the chick with the wrench getting more frustrated

you wouldn't strip all the parts from a film when nobody is talking because it 'wastes space' would you?

That chick has been furious at Bandana since the Godsmoot,and has been actively agitating against her for the last seven strips. Those panels are just rehashing the same buildup we've already seen.

That's my real problem with OotS. It's so repetitive.

It's older than Sluggy?

His main fanbase is GitP, making it completely understandable why he would be loathe to complete the comic.
If I were him, I would take my sweet damn time and drain every cent I could get out of those ingrate autists, which, come to think of it, is exactly what he's doing.
That said, the quality has gone from mildly entertaining to 'just end it already'.

Surely older than megatokyo at least

So like uh... What's goin on? Last I checked the Scooby gang was racing to stop vampire Durkin from ending the world so they could race to stop the Lich from ending the world.

What did I miss? Who are these people?

You really haven't missed anything. The crew is on an airship that's taking them to stop Durkula, they're getting attacked by giants who want Durkula to succeed, and now, the second-in-command knocked the captain out and is ordering the ship to flee instead of pressing on to stop Durk, like the captain was going to do.

By 2 years apparently.

If I had to put a start point on it, I'd say immediately after the Sapphire City defense arc.

I think he has Crohn´s or something else that´s nastily annoying and occasionaly incapcitating but not fatal.

It also probably has something to do with us growing older.
I'm pretty sure people started and finished college and got married by the time Rich Burlew finished one story arc.

No x eyes, so it's likely just a knock out.
Also, Bandana's been a fairly shit captain.
That's why it was a successful mutiny rather than an isolated assault followed by either an ass beating or execution.

I only discovered Oots last year

> he's
> he's

Eyes are hidden behind an object, probably for ambiguity.

Fair point.
Doesn't change the popularity of the mutiny.
By this point, it's self defense anyway, captain band-aid was unconcerned with how many of the crew (who had joined a far different captain) were gonna die.

N'aw man.
She just wants to live.
Bandana is the ambitious cunt who has cavalierly throw her crew's lives away.

Huh, we don't see Bandanas eyes. Is she dead or just unconscious?