MTG Modern General

What is going to be Tier 1 when the dust settles?

What brew are you gonna dust off and jam Fatal Push in?

How are you going to change your sideboard for a Probeless/Troll-less metagame?

RiP

>tfw when no more gitaxian probe chains for t3 Kiln Fiend wins

It's almost like WoTC hates fun

>people still think infect should run 4 Become Immense
>nobody mentioning visions
'no'

People thinks surgical extraction can be a replacement of probe

I keep hearing bauble but I think people are missing the rest of the context
The meta's going to shift and it's not going to be in infect's favor, it's not going to be able to get away with the shit it used to with more BGx running around with Fatal Pushes
In a vacuum bauble would be fine, but there's more at play than just removing that single card. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. which is what everyone who's wrong says

>What is going to be Tier 1 when the dust settles?
same shit thats t1 now minus dredge. this only makes it slightly harder on Infect, which should be a Legacy-only mechanic along with Dredge and Storm.

>What brew are you gonna dust off and jam Fatal Push in?
nothing. i'm not playing that.

>How are you going to change your sideboard for a Probeless/Troll-less metagame?
nothing. i didn't run specific bullets for those lists.

Something will replace dredge in tier 1, it ate up almost 9% of the meta.

I think that % will be split between Jund and Junk

>dredge, infect, storm
>legacy only

GIVE STORM SONG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ITS ALREADY DEAD JUST LET US HAVE A LITTLE FUN ITS NOT EVEN GOING TO BE GOOD FUCK YOU WIZARDS

> - Gitaxian Probe
> + Fatal Push

Good or bad for Grixis Delver?

didnt mean to be a reply to anything, muh b

Bad for grixis delver, good for grixis control.

>mfw these banlist updates

I'm going to make a controversial statement and say neutral
It's absurdly good on tempo which makes it great for that deck but losing probe harms consistency
I guess if you think about it, if you're replacing probes with push it becomes "Is push better than paying 2 life for redraw" which it might be
I'm not a delver expert though so it's just a theory

>Dredge, the mechanic and the deck, has a negative impact on Modern by pushing the format too far toward a battle of sideboards
>but affinity is totally fine

Affinity loses to regular removal too though. It's resilient but anything but anger doesn’t affect dredge and even then it's questionable

I don't see how Tron doesn't come out of this B&R as the king. Infect weakened, dredge weakened, Death's Shadow and kin BTFO, yet Tron untouched -> format gets slower, Tron crushes any amount of durdliness. Control decks can't beat tron.

I don't think either of Infect or Dredge are dead, but obviously going from Dredge 6, Dredge 5 to Dredge 5, Dredge 4 reduces the overall win% of Dredge, and Infect only gets a lot harder to play, which means less wins overall.

We wouldn't want people to actually have to think about their sideboards and plan for the meta now would we user :^)

>my face when I play Trading Post Tron and quick aggro decks continue to be hobbled every banlist update

So have you played against a girl in MtG? How badly did you lose?

I'd legit love this because faggots who can't handle losing deserve to be culled from this hobby.

So, slay, queen. Yas.

"girl" is infantilizing
it's like if someone called a guy "boy"

lol what
do you know any women at all

yeah like half the people i know

Tron has only become better now that GB is even better with Push and GW is still doing great

Hope everyone has either sleeved up Tron or is ready to see 14 Tron players at your LGS

>tfw hate tron with a passion
I'm taking a break if that retarded timmy deck gets popular

have fun on your break

sleeve up RG Ponza my man

THE AGE OF SPIKE IS OVER
LONG DEAD IS THE AGE OF JOHNNY

NOW TIMMY REIGNS SUPREME

I hope this is fake, not because I don't want a girl to be better than dudes at magic but I hope no is actually that autistic

kid, no one cares about that shit

i disagree, child

>Forth from the depths, my children!
>Reclaim the seas!

Merfolk #1

So who here is going to GP Vancouver?

Also what should I play?

skred red or B/G Obliterator rock with less than 4 tarmos

>jam two copters into UW Jerks
>didn't get to use them
>still went undefeated for $24 in credz in 3 rounds.
i still think they're probably a lot better than serra avengers.

>only have the mana base and some of the sideboard
I'm not sure I hate tron enough for $300 but it's tempting.

how many is less than 4

it bothers me that her heretic cathar art lacks freckles

and yeah copter might be better

Depends on how many I can get before the GP main event starts

for real dear, no one gives a fuck

I've seen three girls at my LGS. All of them were with their boyfriends, and two of them were pretty bad. The only one still coming is pretty good, though. Although I've not lost much to her, I always seem to have a ludicrously good matchup against what she brings (like stock G/R Valakut vs. U/R Obliterate brew good).

I'm not actually a huge fan of that art at that size, but my god it looks amazing on the card.

Just play Skred

I'm also assuming you've played Skred more since you don't have a playset of Goyf

shitty res images tend to look bad

Gotta fight fire with fire, unless you wanna play one of the aggro decks that are just getting weaker with things like Push and bans hitting them

I'm saying the opposite, actually. It's one of those pieces where the overall composition is really nice to look at, but once you start to focus on the details it becomes less appealing.

I was so close to building this deck, but thankfully I kept on putting it off. Oh well. Delver will never be tier one :'(

You can't Vial them in, so no.

Probably a good call. Honestly just hoping to make day 2 and then I'm alright scrubbing out

>see the standard banlist

I know this is the modern thread but what was great about THAT emrakul, it can still be killed,albeit sorcery speed, and you give your opponent an extra turn not counting the one controlled. What if they topdecked a response? Modern bans seem to be a bit stupid but I play Legacy and EDH so I don't see the power those 2 had in this format?

It wouldn't be banned if it weren't for aetherwork marvel, even delirium emrakul was okay and able to be dealt with reasonably but turn 4 emmy is just too much for most decks, remember he also mindslavers so they can throw away your answers

i'm pretty sure copter is a stronger card in this deck because it gives white some reliable card-filtering. playing it for 3 doesn't feel too bad if it can filter your hand and break a board stall.

The problem was more that it completely invalidated any other big mana card in the format. Like why waste time with anything else 7 mana or more when you could run out a 13/13 flying mindslaver for 7-9 mana?

To be honest, I didn't think she was THAT bad. I'm pretty confused as to why these bans happened. If anything I'm bewildered why CoCo didn't get banned last format.

>topdeck a sorcery speed removal spell
>while getting hit in the face by a 13/13 every turn
You need some serious heart of the cards to get a spell that kills Emrakul that a) actually works, and b) wasn't aimed at your own creature during the mindslaver turn.

Apart from a 4 mana counterspell there wasn't a way to deal with it, and you could cast it on turn 4 with Aetherworks Marvel

I'm kinda curious why they didn't wait for Aether Revolt to drop before they issued bans. It's clear from those cards that they anticipated Copter to be good and Disallow feels like it was made to deal with Marvel but considering those cards were created well before the bans it feels like Wizards are saying they don't have faith in AR to change the current meta, which is weird because AR seems leagues stronger than Kaladesh or even Shadows block.

CoCo was a stupid fucking card but at least it was more interactive than Emrakul

I guess I can see that but isn't that more of wotc fault for not printing an answer to emmy? Does aetherworks marvel actually cast or does it just put it into play, if the latter I don't see how the mindslaver ability would trigger

No, it casts, which is the problem
They did also print both Disallow and Summary Dismissal but either they don't think it's enough or they don't think it's fair that the only answer to it is heavy blue countermagic

It does cast

>I'm pretty confused as to why these bans happened.
Have you seen the amount of anal devastation going on in every thread that even tangentially mentions standard? And going by what I've seen in the (admittedly limited) other mtg sites I check, this butthurt was pretty much everywhere.

Mass butthurt that was hurting FNM attendance as well. They probably figured they needed to do something drastic to try and bring people back to standard.

>that story

I mean I have Naya burn built so I'm sure I could race tron a lot of the time, but being pushed out by fatal push doesn't seem like it'd be very fun with what I'm imagining the meta to look like.

who ready to swap to frontier?

on one hand now i don't have to blow a bunch of cash on goyfs and rainforests. on the other hand i have a handful of dead probes and shoals

>not regularly referring to adult males as boys
it's more fun than you might think

you can always build eternal command user

How does Veeky Forums feel about meme decks like Zombie hunt?

>>not regularly referring to adult males as boys
>it's more fun than you might think
who you callin' 'boy', honky?

Abrupt decay is a minor inconvenience and will see even less play with push in the game. DRS killed the deck but he's gone now

Then people seething song into through the breach. No thank you.

They're fun

But if you play one and get butthurt when people with real decks shit on you then you're That Guy

Great if you like losing.

>abrubt decay
>minor inconvenience
It's a little more than a minor inconvenience when your gameplan revolves around vial sticking and operating at instant speed user.

i can guarantee people who know you irl call you a cunt all the time when you're not around.
you are also a complete cunt for actually taking the time to post this nonsense on an anonymous malaysian birdcalling forum
and I'm a cunt for responding

It doesn't revolve around that. It functions fine without it. It's great with it off course but you could even get away with boarding them out

What's better, mono red burn or mono green stompy?

>eternal command doesn't revolve around it
>using it to hold up mana for counters while still playing threats like goyf
>makes snap come online way earlier
>eternal loops
I'm not denying the deck can function without vial but it's pretty important most of the time user.

i kinda meant "referring" not in the "addressing someone" sense but in the "describing a group of people with the same gender" sense

Well then i'd still have to get misty rainforests and goyfs. i'd rather stick to grixis right now

i tried goldfishing zombie hunt once and couldn't even reliably combo by turn 4. i feel like that's a little too slow for such a linear and vulnerable deck

i could stand to see more turn 3 titan/emrakul decks in modern.

Mono Green Stompy, it has Beast Within to deal with permanents. Mono Red Burn folds to sideboard.

>who ready to swap to frontier?
I'm swapping to Legacy, at least that format doesn't get fucked with when things are fine.

Go to your Jew format

>they actually banned probe
I'm glad they had the balls to ban a problematic card the empowered too many decks. Hopefully we'll see some more bans of equally powerful cards like lightning bolt and thoughtseize and lord knows that banning these auto includes could cut down on the netdecking infestation this format has.

Same here. I've been trading in my Modern-specefic money cards and building some meme-ish Legacy decks. Got 12-Post and Pox ready to go for funsies, thinking about building Reanimator.

How's Dragonlord Ojutai as a finisher for UW control

>netdecking is bad
>bolt is bad
>discard is bad
Oh yeah, I remember why I hate Modern community.

Prepare yourself to be liberated user.

Maybe try out equipment storm since scram gives you 4 more copies of the draw engine now?

The deck isn't bad but god damn is it cancer to play against

I think people are seriously underestimating the consistency that an additional 4 draw engines gives that deck
It might not be tier 1 but it's surprisingly strong

I'm half expecting it will be the next combo deck to be hit by the banhammer.

It goes off at sorcery speed and loses to decay so I doubt it. It's probably consistent as hell now though and outcome seems like it makes it even more insane
I'd laugh my ass off if it did though

Sigarda's Aid makes it instead speed

Hey now that modern has been liberated from those oppressive fast decks we should all play some midrange creature decks, right guys?

Last time everyone thought Tron was going to dominate, Eldrazi Winter happened

I'm a girl, I play Affinity and I've won several Modern Monday tournaments at my local FLGS. Nobody has trashed their deck from losing to me so far, I'm almost a little disappointed. I did get one decidedly upset person who seemed to try and brush it off by telling me "Affinity is an easy deck with cheap wins".

Nobody every expects the Kozilek Inquisition.

are you cute

The only reason affinity has that reputation is because any mouthbreather can get the hands where you just vomit your hand on the board and win turning your guys sideways. I play mostly R/G tron in a meta that's almost half affinity and It's obvious once you play against the deck a lot that it takes skill to win with it consistantly

I'm very tall, very thin, and very pale. I'm probably on the above side from average in terms of face, but I have kind of a slenderwoman thing going on.

Even if you spend just a couple hours with affinity it becomes apparent that it's harder than it looks
Lot harder than tron :^)

I don't care I just want someone to talk about magic with