Warhammer 40k General

SPACE MARINES HAVE HORSE DICKS - edition

Oh god why did that user show up again? - edition

> Previous thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/51114723#top
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/blog/2016/12/26/top-itc-tournament-lists-november-2016/
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck your edition

2nd for Wraithknights arent overpowered, youre just bad

*your army is bad

If you buy an army people warn you is bad don't be suprised when you lose.

Tau are the best 7th edition faction. Prove me wrong

Have you heard the word? Because we come bearing it.

++Word Bearers Grand Host [Primary]++
+Chaos Warband+
Sorcerer of Nurgle on Palanquin w/ Force Axe, ML 3 - 180 [Warlord]
Tzeentch Lord on Disc w/ Lightning Claw/Powerfist, Sigil of Corruption, Scrolls of Magnus and Spell Familiar - 235

5 CSM, 4 extra CCW, Meltagun and Combi-Melta Champ - 103
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40
5 CSM, 4 extra CCW, Meltagun and Combi-Melta Champ - 103
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40

3 Terminators w/ Combi-Plasma and Power Axe - 112
3 Terminators w/ Combi-Plasma and Power Axe - 112

3 Bikers of Slaanesh w/ 2 Bike-Mounted Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111
3 Bikers of Slaanesh w/ 2 Bike-Mounted Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111

Helbrute w/ Multimelta - 100

+Spawn+
2 Spawn - 60
2 Spawn - 60

++Helcult++
Helbrute w/ Multimelta - 100
21 Cultists, 2 Flamers - 104
21 Cultists, 2 Flamers - 104

++Daemon CAD++
Herald of Tzeentch w/ ML 2 Paradox, and Exalted Locus of Conjuration - 120
11 Blue Horrors - 55

Total: 1850

>t. Tau player

I've noticed the only people who don't complain about overpowered units or armies are also playing overpowered armies.

FoC rules when? Grand Crusade sounds fun as shit.

Also Imperial Fists are most blessed by the Emperor if you know what I mean.

Just in case you don't feel like supporting Horsecocks and space 0din.

Okay.

Below is the current breakdown of what armies are winning events. The list combines all the top events for the year so far, taking only the top three winners from Major or GT events.

34 Eldar
19 Daemon
12 Space Marine
10 Tau Empire
8 Chaos Space Marines & Renegades
7 Dark Angels
6 Ad-Mech
4 Imperial Knight
3 Space Wolves
3 Genestealer Cults
2 Tyranid
2 Dark Eldar
2 Astra Militarum
2 Necrons
1 Harlequin
1 Grey Knight
1 Blood Angel
1 Ork

bloodofkittens.com/blog/2016/12/26/top-itc-tournament-lists-november-2016/

Eldar.

but wasn't this proven inaccurate as even the guy who recorded the list discounted some wins?

>8 Chaos Space Marines & Renegades

Yet all the CSM players will tell you theyre underpowered I wish they would all fuck off and grow out of the metalhead phase

You can literally go to any GT results posting and see that Eldar, Daemons, or Marines will outnumber Tau by a large margin. You could have done this for ANY major event for the past year or further. Adepticon, NOVA, you name it.

If you have a problem with that list why don't you post evidence that Tau are #1?

Are there any 3rd party stores that sell bits like pic related's masks?

This makes sense. I am a Guard player and all my most fun games have been against Tyranids, Orks, Dark Eldar, Necrons and Blood Angels.

All the games where it's no fun for me have been against Eldar. It's crazy how unbalanced they are.

Is it shit

Veeky Forums isn't interested in FACTS, dipshit. That's not what Tau Hate is about.

Im not the user saying tau are number one. Im just saying that i remember people saying the guy who accumulated it cut out certain wins as they out performed others of the same army.

>Space 0Din's glorious work
>dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>space 0din shit
>is that faggot op again sub edition
Really you should stop making generals anymore

Fuck off m8

Those winning lists are mostly forge world's renegade guard not chaos marine

Looks like fucking mickey mouse.

Given the event going on, would I be best off holding off picking up anything rules-wise until it's over, and see if they change a ton?

I've been looking at Dark Vengeance, and don't really want it outdated 3 weeks after I get it.

>1 Grey Knight
I want to see his list. Because we're fucking garbage on the table. He must've rolled perfectly or it was a "Grey Knight" list with 1500pts of Allied Space Marines.

May be best to wait and see what the new formations from Cadia are, though odds are it won't really affect anything in Dark Vengeance.

Literally all of them are Renegades. The only non-Renegade CSM winning combo is Kabalstar, and that usually ends up being Chaos Daemons primary detachment.

Anons is it wrong if this gave me an erection?

What army should I start?
What does a 500 point list of Orks look like?
Blood angels?
Tau?
Necrons?

It really depends, are either of the 2 armies in DV armies youd want to play? Neither of the armies in it are likely to change anytime soon, and 8th edition is more than a few months off at least

They are cute. Like they are squirrels storing things in their mouth for the winter.

I hate you so much. I didn't want the truth

Devil's Advocate, what are the chances that more people are playing those factions, resulting in higher win rate?

Girls like nids man.

Necrons and DA should probably be higher. They were probably just knocked out of top 3 by Eldar. If you look at top 8's, all those armies are strong except Tyranids, DE, AM, Harlequins, GK, BA and Orks.

Welcome to Disney Land in space, user.

More people are playing those factions because they're better. In reality it's not as stratified as the list would imply, but that's fact.

Also Tau is incredibly popular, so that's not really a good argument.

Possible. The Tabletop Tactics guy went to a tournament at some point during 2016 and he went playing Eldar. He faced 5 players playing Eldar.

Yeah that's pretty awful

>Below is the current breakdown of what armies are winning events. The list combines all the top events for the year so far, taking only the top three winners from Major or GT events.
>TAKING ONLY THE TOP THREE
>ONLY THE TOP THREE

No fucking shit you dumbass it says right there. Even when you throw out 5 of the top 8 or 13 of the top 16 you STILL get these numbers that prove Eldar is dominant.

So I just purchased Kill Team. This is my first 40k purchase.

What should I expect?

What can I do about it other than throw it in the trash?

I don't even need to see it to know what it is.

1 Librarian

2x5 minimum strike squad or whatever

1-3 DKs

Overpowered imperial allies

Same with Orks and CSM. 1 Belakor 10 cultists 1 brass scorpion or tzeentch allies, 1 weird boy 10 boys rest daemons

Have more then.

>No Custom Stompa in the Ork list

Eldar, Space Marines, and Daemons have the highest representation. Tau representation is also very high. There's also charts with win percent per faction. The factions that did poorly but had only 1-2 players like SoB actually have higher win rates than the top armies.

fukken kek

Tau or neurons. Blood angels and space wolves are the biggest groups for nerds

How do i have an army of brain cells in 40k?

If you end up disliking it, you're not out too much money. If you end up liking it, well...

As far as the actual box itself goes, Tau get the shaft since Fire Warriors aren't as customizable as Space Marines, making them seem generic and boring if you're just playing what's in the box.

Bloodofkittens has the top Tournament lists from the last years. GK one was GK + DA + SW Deathstar iirc.
Ork was pure Ork with the most efficient units, but it was not a huge tournament.
CSM is always Renegades on the list, Be'lakor is no longer that popular.

dat biomass

How the fuck did you manage to get so few models in
>300 point captain and command squad
?????

Start by typing on a phone and end by not correcting the auto correct

The lists for a lot of armies are really strange. guard army lists are basically like, a platoon or a squad of vets, and then a bunch of other things from a space marine army and sometimes even from an eldar army.

I mean, the cosplayer is reasonably hot. Mostly does body paints, now.

Play all psykers. Or nids I guess.

Are they good for space wizardry?

These lists are worthless because they don't account for allies and they lump CSM & RH together.

>implying you do anything else with a CM in an IH list

>GK + DA + SW Deathstar iirc.

This should honestly be a SW list. Or we should have MEQ/Imperium be a category. A lot of the primary detachment listings are incorrect because they hide the bulk of the army behind a fake primary detachment front.

That's the ITC rankings guy. He cut the top player in the ITC rankings out because he single-handedly broke the AdMech ratings to hell.

Yes, I'm sure all those Eldar, Daemon, Space Marine, and Tau lists weren't ACTUALLY those armies, and only won because of their allies. We don't care about that 1 Ork listed there, genius, we're talking about top armies.

How would one go about starting a Deathwatch army? What's the best weapon loadouts for them? I feel it's hard to justify gearing them out too much when they all have special ammo.

That list only had the SW formation with 3 Rune Priests though. It also had a DA CAD for Azrael on some GK shit.

how do nids do in kill team?

hormagaunt spam is okay

genestealer cults do basically everything that nids would do at kill team level better, though.

Why the fuck would those armies bring allies you stupid shit?
They're already the best, allied would only drag them down.

>picture
I've seen some of the celebrity 40k art, but apparently I've missed Christopher Walken. Let's do a role call to make sure I'm not missing the rest.

Wow, what a revolutionary post. I never would have guessed that Eldar, Daemons, Space Marines, and Tau were the top armies in the game.

The Ork guy is running pure orks, dipshit. It's more about all the Imperial armies and what's actually in them.

Was it not the one with a bunch of Fenrisian Wolves too? What was the bulk of the list then, DA bikers? And didn't that Rune Priest Great Company list get DQed for having an illegal list anyway?

DELETE THIS

Or at least add

Kek.

I could maybe see Daemons bringing in an allied minimum Thousand Sons detachment for Magnus or something. Or Knights in Marines or something of the like.

And you misread his post, he was saying the same thing you were.

They basically can always have their boltguns too so thats nice.

But their boltguns are just so good that there is almost no point of taking anything else... other than Frag Cannons.

Frag Cannon is a very good weapon. Infact its so good that if normal Space Marines could take it, we wouldnt be whining about Grav at all.

I run 1-2 allied squads of them and basically I have basic guys with Boltguns/Shotguns and sprinkle in some heavy dudes with Boltguns/Fragcannons. Also since sergeants are same cost as basic marine, I use them. They can have 5pts Auspex which is sometimes gamewinningly big force multiplier for rest of your army.

That's the point. I'm responding to someone who is talking about allies helping their primaries, when that's IRRELEVANT TO THE DISCUSSION BECAUSE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE TOP ARMIES

Not even dead. Cadia got blown to pieces but even on chunks of it they are still still fighting. Cadians live on! And with some luck might get decent rules in FoC2.

Magnus is overrated as fuck. Doesn't do enough for the point cost (including all the extra Warp Charge that you need to provide), and he can be surprisingly squishy.

Was there any Primarch who didn't get fucked over in the end? Like, did anyone end up not worse than how they started?

Do you just drop pod them in? And Frag Cannons are good but expensive as hell, too expensive I think to put 4 in a squad, so how many would you use, 2? Do you try to use them as an assault army at all or is that just asking to get tabled?

Are the HoR rules in the mega? i cant seem to find them.

Lorgar.

Why the unwarranted hate for Space 0din? He actually cared enough to make fixes for orks.

I think Thousand Sons are the worst traitor legion at the moment. Quite ironic considering they're the only ones who got new models and a campaign book to boot.

Depending on the definition of "When they started" Angron's lot became better since he reached daemonhood. Fulgrim's probably living it up too.

>Angron's lot became better since he reached daemonhood
Fucking how? His legion was destroyed by Kharn and shattered into a million pieces, and he's locked in warpspace until someone manages to summon him.

>Fulgrim's probably living it up too
Wasn't he trapped in a painting or something?

Note the "and renegades." Those revolve around the renegade guard's ability to toss out a disgusting number of templates and abuse the blood for the blood god rule from khorne daemonkin to generate massive amounts of blood tithe.

>Lorgar
He lost the Horus Heresy and his legion was perverted by Erebus into slaves of the Gods rather than the symbiosis he was striving for.

Angron's life was undeniably shit in the Imperium. Becoming a rage-filled daemon is actually a step up from how awful his surgically fucked up head was beforehand.

The main reason I got it was because there were so many miniatures for the price.

Right now I'm just trying to get a feel for what army I want to invest in and both Space Marines and Tau look cool, so it seems like a perfect starting point.

Well, Angron could prefer his Legion as it is now.

They assemble well enough when he calls upon them, as the Dominion of Fire conflict proved.

Besides, he could be like Peturabo who wrought havoc on his own legion in a civil war and approved of the resulting cull of what he saw as weak elements.

Thoughts on my new daemon list?

you're a big guy

Please tell me that's a legal list.

>Angron's life was undeniably shit in the Imperium.
he could at least look forward to death to free him from servitude

As a daemon he has no such chance, and will remain a slave forever.

Speaking of fixes for worse off armies. Someone should get started on the others. Pick one:

>Nids
>Dark Eldar
>CSM(including them so I don't get an eyeful of "WAAAAAH CSM SUCK, TOO!" Traitor Legions did you some favors for casual play
>GK
>Blood Angels
>Harlequins

For (You)

Of course it is silly.

what will you do vs Tau ? (half the playerbase)

How is this for an Asurmen based list?

I'd actually be interested in playing against that, at least once.

Then again I'm a huge fan of gimmick lists.