/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

Tricolor cards edition! (Cards with tricolor costs, mono-color cards with off-color ability costs, etc.)

To make cards online, register for free here:
mtg.design/
or download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Guess I'll start.

Should probably be uncommon.

Not bad.

I think I'd rather make it have the colored spells that share a color with the creature cost 1 less. Still seems cool though.

Turn this into a MtG card

True King V.F.D., The Beast
DARK
Wyrm/Xyz/Effect
Rank 9
3000 / 3000
2 or more Level 9 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then declare 1 Attribute; for the rest of this turn, face-up monsters on the field become the declared Attribute, monsters in your opponent's possession with that Attribute cannot activate their effects, also they cannot attack. If you would destroy monsters with the effect of a "True Draco" or "True King" monster in your hand, you can also destroy monsters your opponent controls.

I'm not sure how Xyz Material works, but as for the rest of the effect, I guess you could just choose a color, creatures you control are the color, creatures of the color your opponents control can't attack or have their abilities activated. I have zero clue what any of the last sentence even means though. In your hand, what?

True Kings can destroy 2 monsters in your hand/field to Special Summon themselves from the hand. VFD lets you destroy your opponent's monsters with the effects of True Kings.

XYZ is sorta-kinda wacky Champion, except it requires you to exile two (or more) creatures of a certain level. They then serve as charges for particular activated abilities.

A quick Google suggests that True Draco/True King is an archetype that shares a common clause
>You can destroy 2 other monsters in your hand and/or face-up on your field, including a [ATTRIBUTE] monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card...

Which is YGO parlance for (sort of)
>You may sacrifice a [COLOR] creature and discard a [COLOR] card rather than pay ~'s mana cost...

And this gigantic thing lets you destroy your opponent's stuff instead of your own to pay those costs.

>card
Semi-literal interpretation. YGO cards are weird.

For Xyzs, you just stack 2 or more cards of the same level then you put the Xyzs you want to summon on top.

How would make a less literal interpretation of the card?

Rolled 10, 2, 9, 8 = 29 (4d10)

Well, here's this dumb thing nobody else ever uses. Anyway, since it's tricolor edition, let's skip rolling for color and just use the last three numbers in our posts to determine which colors the cards are.

Man, fuck YGO. I'm sorry, but the art is the only redeeming quality.

Rolled 10, 9, 9, 4 = 32 (4d10)

Tricolor (270=WRG), planeswalker, card advantage, CMC 6+, rare

Fuck, I hate rolling planeswalkers. OK, one more roll.

What's wrong with Yugioh? Just curious.. And VFD is an extremely unfair card. It shuts down single attribute decks and cripples everything else.

>Rolled 10
Fuck this, have another tricolor card I made before. Good night.

I don't like YGO because it's an overly-complex, incomprehensible, poorly-worded system. All it does is add new features until it's become a bloated mess.

But the worst part is probably the incredibly poor wording, which is so bad, judges can't even come to a consensus on some cards, so some cards officially work differently depending on which area you use them, because the judges in one area rule that a certain card works differently from what judges in another area said. How has this card game survived this long?

>so some cards officially work differently depending on which area you use them, because the judges in one area rule that a certain card works differently from what judges in another area said.

That's just the TCG being retarded and not following OCG rulings which published every time new cards come out. Kevin Tewar should be fired, but hasn't for some reason.

Its hard to NOT make literal representations, because the games are just so vastly different. From a flavor route, you're looking at a many-color dragon lord curve topper, except Scion of the Ur-Dragon exists and pretty much fills any mechanical niche for a many-colored dragon lord. From a mechanical route, you end up with weird, very un-Magic like abilities because YGO very quickly said fuck it to any sort of sanity in its templating and design restrictions. "Just make your opponent pay costs!" sounds nice and easy in YGO speak (if 27 words counts) but that fundamentally breaks so many things in Magic. Its 49 words for the nearest thing Magic has done to that (Word of Command).

I'd much rather design mimics from something more cleanly descended from Magic like HEX or Spellweaver. At least those more or less started in the same place and have similar design philosophies. Although after tasting the fun HEX has with persistent card effects, Magic seems painfully limited sometimes.

>card
Cleric tribal is fun as fuck in HEX PvE. Whats that, every creature in my entire deck has Lifelink? And I run a playset of Ajani's Pridemate? That themselves have Lifelink?

>YGO

>HEX has with persistent card effects
???

HEX is a digital TCG that tries really really hard to be Magic. And does a damn good job of it (so good, in fact, it got sued for it and they had to change a bunch of shit).

It has lots of effects that aren't explicitly timed, so they just... stick around. Battlefield Cleric is a translation of Protectorate Clergyman, who has "[Inspire] - As another troop with cost equal to or greater than this troop's cost enters play under your control, that troop gets +1/+1."

That bonus stays. For the rest of the game. If a troop gets that bonus dies and gets reanimated, it gets a second stack of the bonus. If it gets shuffled into the deck and redraw, it could get another stack, and so on and so forth. Of course you can remove effects (either by applying the appropriate -1/-1 in this case, or by "reverting" it), and there are temporary effects, but in general, they stay.

Now extend this to things like adding counters to things in secret, sticking cards in your deck or in other peoples decks, cost changes of things in hidden zones and triggers from hidden zones in general, moving abilities wholesale (a mechanic called Shift), and so on and so forth. It does a lot to really explore what you can do with a digital TCG when you've got an omnipotent rules engine to keep track of the bullshit for you.

How would you do this card?

Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King
LIGHT
Wyrm/Effect
Level 8
2950/2950
For the Tribute Summon (but not Set) of this card, you can also Tribute Continuous Spell/Trap Cards. Unaffected by the effects of cards with the same card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) as the cards Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card was Tribute Summoned: You can banish 1 Continuous Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard, then target 1 other card on the field; destroy it.

Gut response is Enchantment-Emerge.