>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kJjQEoFF5Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt3-W6Rj7vE
youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Memories are irrelevant, only that the sequence of events occurred to the individual's body's. He'd effectively have to erase the time to now before the time loop, including any effects on individuals.

What is your favorite nerf that was applied in an update?

Perhaps Oramus if you can unfold him first. Having little bundles of anti-causality running around might get tiresome though.

Mini-Cytherea would make a good flashlight.

Maybe little autobots just to see what they come up with.

Oh, you're right too. My bad, should've looked it up rather then rely on memory.

Gives you non Skill skills. Lots of them and at very high levels presumably, but nothing that's a Servant Skill.

It's either that or on the banlist for being one of the few things to break the supplement.

Prooobably not going with that, sorry. I'm fine with splitting certain abilities off from the auto-turn into a living being thing and requiring them to have a small SP expenditure to keep but I'm not going back on a ruling that's been around for years that they become living.

I remember it yes. user is remembering right.

I assume so. No. As in make it an ability rather then a armour? Given it's integrated already, I'm not sure what the difference would be, since it being an ability doesn't mean it costs any less to use.

Reposting this here.

Asking for suggestions for an update to Showa Kamen Rider Part 1 that I'm working on.

...I want a perk that lets you appear from a space you couldn't possibly have been in, as long as nobody checked it recently.

Showa did that a lot, I hear. And I wanna do it.

>on the banlist
If it does get banned when will I know? I was leaning toward that for a skill, but if not I was planning on Pioneer of the Stars, although like most Skills its effects seem pretty vague.

>Darth Vader vs a pack of Xenomorphs
Wow, I almost feel sorry for the poor buggers. Almost.

A perk for-uh, this . Because that was awesome and hilarious, like that one time a Kamen Rider emerged from a place that was supposed to have Nazi gold or something.

>I'm not sure what the difference would be
The only real difference would be not having armor grafted to your skin or vanity, basically.

>I remember it yes. user is remembering right.
Would that also remove the compulsion to leave your back exposed?

>Darth Vader vs a pack of Xenomorphs

I kind of want to see this happen now. Damn. It'd be awesome to see, even if it's a foregone conclusion.

Would you not be able to Toggle it off?

I remember seeing an image of Darth Vader in Space Marine armor with a pack of Xenomorphs as pets. That was metal as fuck.

It won't get banned, it just is limited to non Servant Skills. It'll give you a wealth of mundane skills at extreme levels of mastery but that's it.

If you're worried about something getting banned that's in the supplement, don't be. Nothing that is currently unbanned in the supplement is being banned (Though new ranks of certain skills in the supplement are another matter I'll need to think about, fucking tesla). Anything new is only banned if it A- breaks the mechanics of the supplement in some way, such as allowing you to get multiple Skills from one purchase or something like that, or B- it's the sort of thing that could win you a war on it's own, like something that makes you completely invincible to 95%+ of all foes or lets you instant kill anyone with a touch.

As long as it's not changed in anyway from the armour part, such as still having the weakness of not protecting from attacks from the inside out and still costing mana, then I don't really see a problem with it being skin based instead of armour based.

There's a compulsion to leave your back exposed? Never realised that. Either way, if you don't have a weak point there, I guess I don't really see an issue with it.

On a mobile device and I can't quote properly, so this one goes out to the user asking about FF13 danger:

1. The conspiracy's headed by a salty god-machine who wasn't allowed to be born because he was made by Bhunivelze (think Chakravartin-lite) to sustain a city he was trapped under. As long as you don't take drawbacks to kill the cast or derail the entire world, you can pretty much sit back and let the main cast take care of him.

2. A guy who doesn't want his princess to die is doing time-space shenanigans, and the entropy-farts of a dead goddess are starting to orrode the world. Other than worse environmental hazards, same as the above.

3. The world is on the verge of being dissolved in dead goddess entropy farts. Bhunivelse wants to destroy the world and remake it with mindless fungus-dragons because he can't see human souls. It would be a good ideda to stick with the cast since they somehow float away in the direction of the new (un-fungus dragon populated after Lightning beats the final boss) world while the rest of the old world impodes into void.

Good ideas.

...I am surprisingly okay with the idea of little autobots. I wonder what the Jadeborn would make of them. Or

see Same with any other NPs.

I'm not sure what you want me to see? He seems like he's asking that other user.

Will it be possible to summon Saber with Avalon in the supplement?

If Strange Fake is anything to go by Zel's job is saving humanity from bad shit like Ziggy Stardust and the Giant Murder Spider From Mercury.

Maybe more a question for YJ or CleanupAnon, but I would want to know if NPs would be considered perks or items and therefore whether or not it would be possible to use Toggle or "Jumper doesn't have any powers." on them or not.

Have to break this response into two posts due to limit.

>SJ-Chan

Nope, Amry. I've been updating the PDF based on Bancho's answers to feedback from myself and other anons in thread because (1) I love the comic and (2) the jump captures the spirit but the old layout made me gag. I guess that makes me the director to his producer? Kinda?

>(FISS) SHOULD be better speed or strength or invulnerability from the Misc Meta Perk point for point.

FISS is still _the_ flying brick package. Misc Meta is if you want to focus on a single aspect, e.g. being a pure speedster like the Flash - or in PS238 like Franklin "The Whiz" Springer. Franklin is not a FISS - even though he has the RSPs to handle his own speed, he can't fly, can't lift a car above his head and can't bounce explosions off his chest.

I'll try to make that clearer?

>Let improving the Super Speed part of FISS actually make you move faster. Because otherwise being able to perceive the world super slowly is useless.

Unless you want me to digress into a "here's why that second sentence is wrong", I'll just explain the misunderstanding involved in the first. And you've helped me realise I probably need to put this in the PDF, so thanks:

FISS is the _layperson_ term for the "flying brick" package that is common in the setting. And yeah, a layman thinks of moving faster when they hear "Super Speed". However, when you get technical (and presumably as a PS238 student you'd actually be taught this) it's the Flight and Strength parts that make you move _externally_ faster; the Speed part of FISS is for your _internals_ like your brain and nervous system so that you can actually _handle_ being able to manuever your entire body (or just fists) at supersonic or even hypersonic speeds.

tldr, FISS Speed Flash Speed. Yay for english language fun.

(1/2)

(and now for part 2)

>(companions) But by removing the discount on the partial FISS (...) they cannot even take the full measure of the most common power.
Here's a thing: the original version 1 of the jump never (explicitly) offered FISS 6 in the first place. Anons just extrapolated the math involved to presume you could buy FISS 6 even though what it did wasn't listed like the other ranks, simply because the jump didn't forbid it outright. And regarding companions, that means they couldn't afford FISS 6 even if it had existed.

Being able to bump up a FISS in one trait for a 100 is something that Bancho and/or SJ-Chan added for version 2.

(2/2)

I'm sure a lot of these have been suggested but

>Super-1 style Five Hands
>Actually being able to be a pseudo-Amazon?
>Skyrider-style flight?

guh
maybe when my brain works better

Hey Digger, can the Death Egg take other schematics for building? Like, if I gave it schematics for building B1 Battle Droids (the one from Star Wars) could it build them as well? Also, do I have to provide the metal for it to build stuff with or does it just...appear?

Gamer is finished, bar the author throwing in some toriko tier escalation.

If he does, I'll need to update it. I might anyways, to throw in some life howling stuff.

Does anyone have that image? It was great. Kamen Rider was Dio before Dio was. "You were expecting Nazi gold? Too bad, it's me, Kamen Rider!"

What part in the storyline does Toriko start to accelerate? Or rather, what part in the jump?

Something to let the plot of the week find you, like how Hongo could just happen to be around when people needed him (see episode eight).

About when they start jumping into the... Bah, I forget what it's called. Gourmet world? Basically, when they go to another continent. I stopped reading shortly after that, but shit got crazy to my understanding.

>have a small SP expenditure to keep

Can I convert CP into SP as a Demi Servant?
Could I buy the "keep spirit abilities" perk you mentioned to gain them as one?

If you can pay for her, sure.

Mm, never looked at any of them as perks. They're either abilities in the case of stuff like Godhand or ability/items in the case of item NPs.

It's accelerating from the start. There's leaps in power with each arc, usually accompanied by Toriko punching something bigger then he could at the start of the last arc to show he's that much stronger. As the series goes on, the leaps start getting bigger.

Hey Val, would it be possible to combine second and fifth True Magic and move the time where I would have died that I removed into an alternate dimension? That way, I could shunt it into a universe with no life in it, so that no one would have to be sacrificed.

Yes. Yes, it'll be a unique function of the Living Servant template so even if you're a Demi or Pseudo Servant already, you can still buy it to get those benefits.

Sounds possible.

Without context, this looks like Kamen Rider is Hitler's treasure.

Toku was closest to his heart.

I'm assuming he gets out of the coffin and starts punching the MotW though.

Well if I put in extra perks for one origin then my OCD demands I put in more for the rest.

Eh, sleep is for the weak anyway.

Racing Club (-200, discount for Shocker Rider)
Takeshi Hongo was originally part of the Tachibana Racing Club prior to being converted into a cyborg. Even after he became the first Kamen Rider, Takeshi often returned to the club because it’s owner was a steadfast ally to him and many of the Showa Riders. You now own such a motorcycle club. It comes with a building and a motorcycle racetrack for the members to use. The club follows you to every world, and always has a competent staff, albeit they obviously won’t be the same people between universes. You get a cut of all profits the club makes. The club will be well known, and you’ll always find a couple of motorcycle enthusiasts willing to join. It will be VERY out of place in low-tech settings or any world where a motorcycle club existing wouldn’t make sense. You and your companions are the only ones that will notice though.

A preview of one of the new items.

Yeah. He found Hitler's treasure before Shocker could, then substituted himself for it so he could pull that gag. Who knows how long he was buried underground, just for the sake of fucking with his enemies before punching them?

Which episode/show is this from?

Jumpers, what do you use when you absolutely, positively, need to kill a motherfucker and the planet he's standing on?

You're damn right.

I like it! It'll be great in low tech settings, too...
>Lord of the Rings
>"Oh hey, Gandalf, how's it going?"
>"Well, Sauron's back."
>"Yikes, seriously?! That's not good!"
>"Indeed. We were hoping to have your assistance, and it would help us if we could use your steel steeds."
>"You have my motorcycles! LET US RIDE!"
And then the Witch King got Rider Kicked in the face, true story.

>Well if I put in extra perks for one origin then my OCD demands I put in more for the rest.
I'd be more than happy to steal anything you don't think you need anymore.

Dammit there are so many things I want in this jump! And now the option to send points to my demi servant build is there to tempt me. . . damn you vile CP vampire!

Looking forward to the new servant supplement.

Well, now that I have First magic? I throw a moon at it. Several moons, possibly.

Put your trip on Heavens.

Well, after Alpha Centauri, I'd have to favor a singularity planet buster, with its eight teraton yield. It's a plasma bomb of ridiculous proportions.

youtu.be/kJjQEoFF5Q8

I freeze time, and then spend five minutes charing a magical laser the size of a small island.

Then I use Spell Slash Slash to turn it into a sword, channel it into an overcharged brave sword, and cut the planet into itty bitty pieces.

No, he destroys moons, I'm creating them. And then using them as projectiles.

I punch him really really hard.
Being measured in AUs has it's perks.

You're the user who planned on doing a The First/The Next jump? I wish you luck.

Thanks.

I have the rider and scientist tree done - I can repost them for you to look at, if you want - and i'm working on the civilian and drop in trees. Also jotting down notes for items.

Look, I don't kill planets.... I just don't. It's messy, it solves very little, and the collateral damage is very, very high.

Still... if I had to...

>Build the largest motherfucking sound system ever conceived.
>Evacuate to the nearest moon.
>Build a stage, connect instruments to complicated broadcasting system connected to the L.M.S.S.
>Sell tickets for seating at the nearest three planets.
>Literally rock the planet to pieces.
>Pose for album cover with planet exploding behind self.

Okay, so the Death Star is cool, right? The problem is it's clunky and the canon takes too long to charge. So I recreated the giant spess lazer and put it in a pocket dimension inside my warehouse. I then created hundreds of pockets of warped time in the dimension and fired the lazer into all of them.

So imagine Gate of Babylon, but instead of swords, it's hundreds of Death Star lasers.

...I mean, I don't have any actual practical use for it, since there are very few conceivable scenarios where it would actually be helpful at all. It's not even effective against people like Superman in. a space fight, since he can somehow still dodge all of them.

So mostly I just hope no one bumps into the box I stored the dimension in too hard. My warehouse is cluttered and I lost it centuries ago.

So what exactly did you do for your channel in the Youtube jump?

Does the master have to sacrifice themselves to summon the grail? I'm watching Fate S/N in anticipation of the jump but it is looking like the grail involves some suicide.

The results kinda fail to live up to expectations for something named a "planet buster"...

>And regarding companions, that means they couldn't afford FISS 6 even if it had existed.
Yes, but it is being offered now. And should be able to that it as far as it can go. And the 100 CP for an aspect at six did not become undiscounted until recently looking at past versions.

I just don't want there to be a power offered that is priced out of a companion's ability to afford so it becomes "Jumper only"

>However, when you get technical (and presumably as a PS238 student you'd actually be taught this) it's the Flight and Strength parts that make you move _externally_ faster; the Speed part of FISS is for your _internals_ like your brain and nervous system so that you can actually _handle_ being able to manuever your entire body (or just fists) at supersonic or even hypersonic speeds.
Is this something that came up in the later comics? Because while I could see strength make for longer jumps and such, the speed seems more related to the way it 'fast' does not seem as fast to them, a time distortion thing (and why the perception speed needs to be x4 at level one to match distance speed), like invulnerability is a distortion/diffusion of kinetic and other forces affecting you, and strength effects the mass of stuff interacting with you...
Because if you cannot improve it with training (and it says FISS is not), it is not something physical or nervous system related like you are saying, it come off like you are generating an exotic field effect of varying strength depending on how strong a FISS you are.

I had a clone of me run the channel, while the real me came to Earth as an alien, with the clone covering the first contact and my interactions with mankind. Things went pretty well, considering I had perks that allowed me to quickly make friends with people, along with the Angel of Children perks from In Nomine helping me to earn the instant trust of kids.

Well, you'll certainly have no trouble fitting in should there ever be a Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy jump.

>Watching FSN anime
What is wrong with you? Watch UBW.

>There's a compulsion to leave your back exposed?
Armor of Fafnir comes with a curse apparently. Or maybe the curse is separate but it's something Siegfried has to deal with and only really matters when it comes to the NP. The wiki says that even a spherical barrier around him will be affected to leave an opening to his back.

It's a pseudo-nuke which has a thermal flash that'll illuminate everything on that side of the planet when it goes off. If you scale it up further you're going to be cracking the planet. But they call it that because Earth got nuked and they don't want to call them nukes. Plus they're technically not nuclear.

Army, do I have a weapon for you!
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt3-W6Rj7vE

I'll watch that next.

That's exactly the inspiration for that method of planetary destruction!

Also one of the reasons I'm going Sonic Marines of Slaanesh when Burning Crusade is finished.
... NO! I won't tell you the others. Pervert.

Huh. Well, since that's a bit more involved then just a compulsion to not wear a shirt or armour on your back, it'd probably take an extra rank to remove since it's still bad even without the specific weakness.

>Burning Crusade

Did you see ? It’s something I’ve thought would fit Showa Part 1 for a while.

>Army
I blame autocorrect

How large is the interior of a reality marble, I'm considering using it as my Dimension Lord dimension.

You can sing perks, tech to spread what I'm saying world wide, and the Metacaplyse jump perk that makes bad stuff happen when I play metal.

I keep thinking of them as Amy.

Technically it's not even a dimension. It's more like an extra "layer" over reality.

It's one in the morning and I'm hyped about my Boombox Armor. I won't be able to hear you laughter when I've blown out my own eardrums and those of everyone in a five block radius.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE

I dislike making such a silly mistake

>Dimension Lord dimension
????

It's really not a dimension in that sense of the word.

DC Occult thing

Think of it more like a deployable insanity field that changes how reality works according to your beliefs.
It's not like an actual pocket dimension or anything like that.

DC Occult has a capstone that allows you to become the lord of a dimension Princess Amethyst style, allowing you to match DC's Spectre in power while you are inside it.

The Size of the dimension is limited if you just get a new one from the perk but you can import a dimension you already have to get a bigger one or add features.

Protoss jump when

Rule one user, looking forward to your work.

Unless you intend to post one, piss off.

It's already a sore spot for many people.

Try to be less defensive over innocent questions user, it might make you less of a cock.

>innocent questions
>implying

It's not likely to happen, unless someone wants to take ownership of it.

you missed with your post there, Timmy.

When (You) make it.

Dammit, must remember to wipe the name field before posting non-jump stuff.

As I understood it, there was confusion over the difference between a "purchase" and an "upgrade" and it was never meant to be undiscounted. As to whether powers should be priced outside of a companion's ability to buy... I have to say that sort of thing is not that uncommon in jumpchain.

>FISS Speed being due to / more like a time distortion or exotic field that affects everything

I'm personally inclined to agree, actually. However when I was talking about the brain and nervous system, I was talking about the apparent effect ("the world seems to move slower when I want it to") rather than the internal mechanism ("technobabble technobabble technobabble"). The comic does not explain "how" the brain and nerves seem to go fast, just that they do.

Oh. Huh. Though the comic _does_ introduce a kryptonite-expy that interferes with FISS powers. That should probably be mentioned in the jump.

Bancho! Should that go into the jump as an item, or just leave it for enterprising magpie jumpers to find in-setting?

Sheesh, for a power that's Nothing Special, FISS sure is taking up a lot of text.

Better question

Xel'naga allowance when.

Is Exalted Sorcery really worth it? I know it has some cool stuff, but it apparently has some pretty steep costs to learn it.

For anyone who knows, what is Aquaria's "Mother's Lullaby" referring to when it says "the musical notation to a song, one whose Verse is eerily familiar, and whose Chorus was lost since the dawn of Aquaria..."? What does that mean?

When someone makes a Protoss jump I would think.

Or maybe you could try and contact the jumpmaker for Terran and get them to do something. Fat chance of that, I haven't even made a new build for a jump in nearly a year and I'm not even sure why I'm still in these threads.

Portals
One a couple miles wide, in front of the nearest star.
There other one, just outside the atmosphere, 2 inches wide.

>Vader backed up by the Fist vs Aliens

Hah! "Planet buster? That's nothing, watch THIS!"

(holy crap)

Yeah, phones are !fun like that.

At least you're close. It sure beats people sometimes calling me (or worse introducing me as) John or Mark. Like, wut? Did I get replaced with an apostle and not notice?

It's reality hacking and there's a lot of neat tricks to it.
The "cost" is mostly symbolic.
Higher levels require bigger sacrifices, but it's for story telling not literally giving an arm and a leg.
Do something like giving up an intimacy towards something or giving up your selfishness.
Nothing is stopping you from just picking those traits back up again later.

Of course since you can just pay CP and totally ignore the difficult initiation part it's not a problem at all.
Sure getting celestial/solar tier is going to suck for a little bit, but if you want it you can get it without fucking yourself.

The Pocket Realm from Creepypasta or your Inner World from Infernals are probably the best choice for that.

Oops, that last should be to