/kdm/ /kdg/ - Kingdom Death general

"Enjoying life for what it's worth" edition

Kingdom Death is a board game you have to hide from your little sister but you need a whole shelf to store.

Old thread Topic of discussion : will you still want to play the game when you receive your Gambler's Chest after 3+ years of wait?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685860/kickstarter-cost-analysis-update-46-home-stretch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What event is the art from?

Conviction

I don't know but the two survivors on the left are obviously the basis for the romantic survivors in the GC.

Thanks man.

That's why I wanted to know.

>Kingdom Death is a board game you have to hide from your little sister but you need a whole shelf to store.
Probably nobody cares, but one of the anons in the /mlp/ thread has this to say:
>I'd be embarrassed to own any of these. This is an excuse to ogle toys, and FiM despite some creepers is at least more female friendly, /mlp/ is probably more female friendly

Well yeah, it's the Romantic Conviction. He's probably the Herald of Romance!

>more embarrased of owning than KD than being a brony
Top kek

/mlp/ sure showed us

Please keep /mlp/ in their containment board.

i dont even understand how mlp is such a big thing, didn't the show end? How are you not embarrased to like a show literally made for babies? I'm worried I might get cancer from them.

Don't ask questions like that, you'll derail threads.

My bad.

Lets post minis instead.

Mlp is successful to similar reasons why Japanese children's shows are popular with grown ass men, cute girls doing cute things, except in this case their horses so it drew in a more furry crowd.

Xth for Disciple of the Witch 7

I don't get to play as frequently as I'd like, so I'd likely still like playing the game even by then.

I tend to ignore advice from people who refer to women as females

I don't follow animation much but I'm subscribed to a few people who do, and from what I can tell, I think it's because it's a genuinely good animated show, which definitely seem to be the exception. And as for the demographic, as bad as some kid's shows are, most adult animation is even worse. Just look up Mr. Pickles.

Oh cool, you saved my dude, thanks man, appreciate the appreciation.

>didnt use this

What's the disc thing under his cloak? Having played Bloodborne I'm getting pizza cutter vibes but I know it can't be that.

Beartrap

Bear trap, see the hand?

It's a bear trap.

how do you paint premium skin ?

Thanks. Here's the pizza cutter.

>I think it's because it's a genuinely good animated show

You know, before the brony thing happened, I checked out the show because /co/ kept saying it was good. I tried to give it a shot but it obviously was meant for people much much younger than me and didn't really have much going for it to be honest. It wasn't bad, it was just a show for children and it was, frankly, pretty boring to me.

To this day I still don't understand how it got so big. There's nothing that is is really amazing that stands out about it. Not the animation, the writing, or the voice acting.

Like I'm 70% sure it's because the fans (or at least the older, male ones) want to fuck small horses that look cute. Or they wish to be the little girl who is a horse.

Honestly, it feels even more deviant than Kingdom Death, and that has literal dick monsters.

There's nothing deviant about dick monsters being played for horror.

>tfw it would be non-canon to imagine Percival taking the knot
>tfw conflict between my dick and my autism

R34 WHEN
W
H
E
N

But is it really just played for horror?

Most of the time I'd go so far as to say it is, at least on the monster end of things. Now, all those lady survivors who are walking around in thin, skimpy ass clothing on the other hand...

>Now, all those lady survivors who are walking around in thin, skimpy ass clothing on the other hand...

With all them lovely lady lumps. Unf.

Yeah, it's meant to unnerve and discomfort you.

Looks like an eggplant

RIP

Post underappreciated waivuz

Scoutfu

boards.Veeky Forums.org/mlp/thread/29236098#bottom
A joining of worlds: Wanderer Rainbow Dash

excellent

/mlp/ fuck off and stay out

That's not Dark Eye!

he's painting it as a pony reference

Like her more than Pond Scum honestly

River Tam fighting reavers

take it to the pony board. (and do the weaver pinup as Twilight, the honey as everyone's favorite 'potion' scene)

Best knight best pupper

looks like a fallout vault suit

She's got dem brows

I'm forcing myself to learn NMM before I paint any of my KD stuff, its friggin hard :^(

It's made from the stomach lining of a Gorm.

Looks similar, but I believe user is stirring trouble by associating this game with My Little Pony. That is a likeness of the brash, athletic, yet fragile Rainbow Dash wearing her Wonderbolts flight suit, an acrobatics / airforce in the land of Canterlot.
While fappable, this image goes in the quickly growing KDG trash area along with the elf-loving fag, newbies asking how to buy the game, and the robotic repeat call to buy Dragon king and Dung Beetle Knight, THE BEST EXPANSIONS

How on earth do you actualyl get a model from the kickstarter?
The backing options are all for the box set (understandable) but I dont get how you would get an individual model.

there was the $5 add-on only tier, which would have allowed you to grab individual pin-ups, promos or expansions without forcing you into a Core game or upgrade box.

Oh yeah it was over a day or so ago.

>$777 pledge mustard rice
>tfw Abyssal Woods expansion dropped

>tfw Core + Chest for 300

>tfw gamblers 2nd face

>this
>Gorm, Dragon King, Dung Beetle Knight
>Pond scum + 2 undecided pinups

I didn't get any fancy pledge level but I'm still happy with my Silver Lantern + Nightmare Ram + Black Knight + Honeycomb Weaver + Abyssal Woods + Spidicules.

>tfw silver lantern.
>and the entire inverted mountain.
>and the abyssal wood.
>and most everything else in terms of actual game content.
>only a bit more expensive than a BF gambler.

Hey, I have TTS but I can't seem to find a good KD mod. Should I be looking in the workshop, subscribing to shit or should I look elsewhere for a good mod?

Black Friday Upgrade
Abysal Woods
Black Knight
Honeycomb Weaver
Inverted Mountain (already have flower & Spidey)
Nightmare Ram
Oblivion Mosquito
Pariah
Red Witches
Screaming God
First Hero
Silver City

Would have gone for BFGL if one had opened up and not IMMEDIATELY vanished again. Didn't think I'd want as much as I ended up getting.

Do what I did & subscribe to every of them. Still figuring out TTS myself.

anyone think its worth it to back mage for just the unique size sleeves?

and if so how many are you getting ?

probably not

maybe for the event sleeves but that's about it

Yea I pretty much got everything except ivory dragon and silver city and it was about 100 more than the gambler.
I actually would have been even with the Gambler if poots hadn't dropped his brain off and added all the stuff in the last 48 hours.

My was about 100 less, but the ivory dragon didn't feel like it fitted aesthetically with the other monsters, and was a lot of outlay for a boss I'd only play after grinding through a successful run and still felt masochistic. Early node monsters you just get so much more play with.

Frogdog just looks silly IMO (and that's coming from someone who liked the Gorm, and the constructed Sunstalker really grew on me). The gryphon seemed expensive for what it was compares to, say the inverted mountain. Small stuff like the death armor and Gambler' chest contents I wasn't so fussed with.

But if I had managed to snag a BFGL I'd have make the less interesting stuff palatable for the price. Selling the pinups would likely have paid for it and then some.

Illiteracy, my old friend...

I'll be going for the Undead pledge. It's a bit pricey but I'll get almost all I need since I'll be going for the folder setup for the gear cards. I'll get 3xSettlement and 2xEvent in case I'll ever need more, and I want the sleeves to be of the same make for the same cards.
Also I'll get good sleeves for my other games that needs sleeving and sleeve prices in Sweden are not very good.

>The gryphon seemed expensive for what it was compares to, say the inverted mountain.
But the the inverted mountain requires the Gryphon?

I'm so hype for this, campaigns of death, woodsies and red waifus.

This wait is gonna be a weight.

dont they include settlement and event cards in undead pledge ?

muh. il just forget about it until it arrives.

gonna play through my boardgames.

I still need to learn to paint gud and I just got some easy to strip detailed metals to practice on.

Hopefully by the time it comes I'll be only halfway colour blind.

Unsure desu. Too much information flowing back and forth to keep track on wth is going on so I'll just wait for the pledge manager to see. Sleeves are always good to have anyhow.

i have a pretty good standard of painting. i just need to start blending and find ways to paint skin.

So THAT's what it was! Well spotted user!

The thing is you can practice on paper first, or on the computer. It's what I do now, to prepare. I do a photo of the mini and I just do a paintover.

Now if i only I could get it done on the minis...

Yeah, I'll likely be homebrewing the actual campaign for the inverted mountain, given the I didn't like the frogdog. I would have got the gryphon, but the money had to be re-allocated when the Abyssal Woods was added. And taking a chance that the Silver City might mean the Lion God gets play was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Shame about the people of the nest, because I like the idea, but the model seemed both pricier than most expansions and a little uninspiring/not really weird enough!

Plus, the trapdoor men are just too damn cool to pass up!

Currently painting my minis from other board games to learn. Only done one so far but I'm pretty happy with it and just primed the remaining ones so they're drying as I write.
After these I think I might go into assembly as well so looking for some cheap minis to start off with.

I was in a pretty similar boat to this. I thought it had a little more going for it but back in k-12 I was in gifted and accelerated programs and... fuck, I knew these people. The characters basically represented the loons I knew from better days which was pretty comfy. The lesson of "make some damn friends!" isn't super terrible. And because I was encouraged to stick with it I can say it got around to telling some decent fantasy adventure stories for kids in a few episodes. If I had a kid in the eight and under crowd it's a modern show I wouldn't be sickened to watch with them and that's few and far between. Want a brightly colored distraction with a little more substance and heart than Care Bears? Ponies.

And, even with me giving it what I feel is an unreasonably positive review, I don't get why it's so damn big with such extreme autists. I mean, holy hell, I'm an adult male who watched this shit and derived some mild enjoyment from it and the fact that the brony crowd is the thing that it is scares me. It is a scary fandom. And that's because I know from the outside some inkling of how obsessive these people, many of whom seem to be uncontained /d/eviants, can be. It's the Manson Family of fandoms, and I want no more than the vague glimpse I've had -- brain traumas would ensue. (Which I guess makes the super pushy SU fags the Jehova's Witnesses of fandoms, constantly and obnoxiously trying to sell you on their ideology. Or would that be Homestruck? Maybe both of them)

Oi gents, I think I've discovered the perfect way to store the game and all expansions through fiddling around with my wargame collection.

Pic related, line trays with sheet metal, magnetize minis, store in case. For extra large minis cut the bottoms of some trays, stack and epoxy them together. Magnetize the bottoms of the minis. Books and misc stuff get their own tray, maybe lined with a padded material or organized with foam board. I'm getting the stuff to do my malifaux/infinity collection today in the mail. Will report back my results if anyone thinks the idea sounds promising.

Also that retarded looking OC add on is legitimately the only thing about KDM that makes me cringe.

Is this game worthy?

>inb4 shitty camera

I'd say above average tabletop. The DBK is a little uninspired compared to some I've seen but technically good and the dung ball is legit.

Looks good! The beetle knight could use some more highlights.

Beetle needs a little bit more highlighrs but the ball is baller.

Postan mini.

Technically it's the DBK that's a baller.

boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685860/kickstarter-cost-analysis-update-46-home-stretch

>$777 pledge
>$778 saved if picking shit a la carte
>$1968 saved if buying at retail
>$288 saved if only buying game content a la carte
>mfw
Still, I spent a LOT of money, but the post-kickstarter justification is working wonders at the moment. Hopefully it will last.

Well you aren't wrong

Poor herb gatherer. Everyone else is off dealing with monsters and here she is getting molested by plants.

It's just like in my chinese cartoons.

And she can hardly admit to herself that she loves being molested by tentacle plants.

Why didn't we use the supremely good KDG party image for general? ONE JOB

I wanted Poots to be able to find his tribute easier. Guess I'll wait till next thread.

>Satans pledge
>$11 dollars more but includes every single pinup
I don't actually care about the promos and just took Satan for convince me cause I didn't want to mess with my pledge total a dozen times, but that worked out pretty well. I'm happy with spending 11 bucks for 59 non-gameplay minis to practice on.

>boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685860/kickstarter-cost-analysis-update-46-home-stretch

Here I go, final tallywackerdo of both my purchases.

>total KS savings: $$ 1,787 $$

Wow

>total MSRP savings: $$ 4,742 $$

WOOOOOOW

Thanks for the huge erection, I needed that to start off the day. Couldn't be more fucking thrilled for this game.

whoops forgot to account for the crossover shit. No idea what MSRP will be confirmed on those, I guess.

+50-100 dollars on top of that

what to pledge for mage if i just want to sleeves stuff that comes out this year(soon)?

(old expansions and gamblers.

nothing

you can just use coin sleeves and normal card sleeves

for bigger shit, if you NEED to protect it, post card protectors