Are you guys ready for Combo Winter 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Are you guys ready for Combo Winter 2: Electric Boogaloo?

It's not comparible to any of the shit printed in Urza's blocks dude

This combo looks really powerful but both pieces are in isolation worse than splinter twin or kikjiki resto

Shali is pretty bad on her own and doesnt affect the board on tirn 3, likewise the cub on its own on 4 is a weak play, so unless your opponent has no interactiom whatsoever it's not that good

It will ve god but won't destroy the fornat

Who cares, if they drop the cat before saheeli you can just Reflector Mage it and kill the whole combo.

It's not just the kitty. There's a whole bunch of potentially degenerate stuff in the set that could end up ending the game turn 5 or so.

Also, Reflector Mage got banned.

>Reflector Mage
user...

>if they drop the cat before saheeli you can just Reflector Mage it and kill the whole combo.

quick question about this card

if you use it to enchant a card that stops being an artifact at the end of turn, does it still copy it when it isn't an artifact?

When it stops being an artifact the enchantment falls off

ah, I thought that might be the case

Reflector Mage was banned.

Wizards thought that it was ruining Standard's diversity, and thought that blue-white control was too strong.

they were also worried it would become too oppressive in a standard without emrakul or smuggler's copter

I mean, we need to preserve the viability of sorcery speed removal :^)

>implying Jeskai decks won't be hurt by playing a useless PW that does litterally nothing and a 4CMC creature that does even less just to have a sorcery speed combo that requires the opponent to have no removal, no direct damage or counterspell and you to hit both cards by turn 4 in a format with no cantrips or decent card draw before turn 5
It will be decent at best.
Besides, it's good for WotC to push combos and interesting interactions more complicated than "I tap my huge mithyc artifact and cast my huge mithyc creature off the top of my deck"

>simple as fuck two card infinite combo
>interesting or complicated

nah

Well big fucking news, combos that require more than 2 or 3 cards are unplayable. At least this needs an interactive control shell built around it to work.

I LEGITIMATELY BELIEVED THAT THE BAN CHANGES WERE BROUGHT FORWARDS TO PRE-EMPTIVELY BAN FELDAR GUARDIAN IN BOTH LIMITED AND STANDARD

REMINDER THAT IF YOU PULL A SAHEELI IN LIMITED YOU ONLY NEED AN UNCOMMON TO GO INFINITE

>If you pull a mythic rare and an uncommon from your 3/6 boosters, you can go infinite if you draw both of them from your 40 cards deck
No problem for limited then

Or you could pull the artifact creature and a Fumarole.

I don't know about you but I rarely pull a card from OGW in my KLD and AER packs

reminder that the actual honest to god splinter twin combo was at one time in standard and it didn't get banned

A sorcery speed combo that any instant speed damage or removal will stop? Oh no, I am so afraid.

>Reflector Mage

uh? what is that card? is that frontier or something?

for about a month, if you discount the time it overlapped with Caw Blade

"Not as good as Caw Blade" is not exactly a huge detriment.

It was also in standard at a time where there wasn't quite as good a control shell for R/U as there was in Modern with everything to draw from.
Also, as said, Caw Blade kinda trampled over it.

Yeah just smuggle a OGW pack into a AER KLD prerelease. no one will notice.

Buy your authority of the consuls now boys, if this meme becomes real it gives atleast a turn. deck in stone is kinda good too but they basically get to pay 2 draw the rest of the game so im not sold on it

they stated they will review the banlist after every protour from now on, this means if it is too good at the protour it will be banned for the rest of cycle.

It's not as good as it seems. It is fast and reasonably consistently. It, however, loses pretty handidly to things like Lost Legacy, Transgress the Mind, Thought-Knot Seer, Authority of the Consuls, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, and even fighting through countermagic can be reasonably difficult for the deck.

No have no idea how infuriating it was to read this
>print 80% of removal at sorcery speed
>print OP creature that can only be killed with instant speed removal (sans artifact removal)
>"ops"

Pssh, please, if you pull two Felidars you can go infinite etbs.

and?

there is no impact tremors in the set I don't think so you need at least two other cards to make anything interesting happen

Panharmonicon. Easily gets passes around the draft table.

You can make Sanctifier of Souls infinitely big, draw as many cards as you'd like from Soul of the Harvest, or put infinite +1/+1 counters on Ninthbridge Patrol.

>i literally have no idea what limited is

Oh, derp, yeah, that was dumb of me. For some reason I was thinking of Standard.

Yeah, about the only thing you can do is create infinite energy. Then use that energy on stuff like Whirler Virtuoso or Long Tusk Cub. Or Architect of the Untamed.

Pssh you can go infinite with Felidar if you exile anything that exiles other things.

Lot of people saying "you can just do X' are incorrectly sequencing how this combo would be played.

This combo is just a finisher at 6 mana sources the earliest but with the cost of leaving your shields down and realistically safely at 8 or 9 mana sources. You do not build the deck dedicated to playing entirely around the combo but rather you play a bunch of stuff alongside it that give good value if flickered as well if Saheeli is not available. Cloudblazer, Spire Patrol, Archangel Avacyn, Goblin Dark Dwellers, Pia Nalaar, Gearhulks etc. The best way to sequence on turn 6 is to cast the Guardian, flicker a tapped land that can come back in untapped, cast Saheeli and then attempt to combo from there. I don't particularly recommend doing it when your opponent has untapped mana available but you'd surely know this.

In reality the shell for the deck should be looking at a sort of Resto/Thragtusk type value shell. Splinter Twin wasn't a good deck because of Splinter Twin alone. It was a good deck because the rest of the deck was good enough that it could even win outside of the combo when the combo was sided out after game 1. That's the same principle you need to approach.

>I cast poo in the loo T3

Felidar is good in limited, doesn't even need to create infinite things.

Are there any good ways to turn infinite energy into "you win"?

What I can see easily is Lightning Runner on an open board or Whirler Virtuoso + Reckless Fireweaver.

How high do you anons think Saheeli will go? I feel like selling mine to pay for the prerelease

If she hits $30 you should cash out immediately but cashing them out at $25 each isn't bad either.

I'm cashing out mine when i go to prerelease this week.

>Authority of the Consuls
>Shock
>Commencement of the Festivities
>Blue counterspells
>White artifact destroying instants
>Fatal Push, potentially
>Having that fucking angel on the board
>Make obsolete (takes their power down to 0, potentially)

It's a very fragile combo that you are unlikely to get/set up in limited and there are many ways to stop it from being lethal, even if it does hit home. Also requires 3 colors in limited which is often tricky. It'll be a fun win for a few lucky Johnnys out there, but I hardly think it's going to be a big problem.

How strong do you guys think GR energy is going to be now that UW flash took a major hit

Guys i have 2 words for you

Aetherborn
Tribal

It should be pretty good despite Fatal Push being around because now you have Shock to clear the way early or burn to the face.

I have two words for you:

Izzet
Thopters

Can you use an Instant in response to Saheeli's activation and kill the creature before she's able to clone it?

>cryptolith rite is still not banned

k

Three words for you:

Thopter
Tribal
Commander

>I shock/harnessed lightning/geistblast/fiery temper/chandra's pyrohelix/collective defiance/tap dynavolt targeting Saheeli

Pls no
I dont want to get raped by ornithopter in my fun commander game

get ready for paradox rite

Hope of ghirapur is a duel commander champ

>turn 1 play
>turn 3 play
>etc

Even more with mana ramping

Are we going to have people pushing the Desolator meme in every thread?

>felidar GUARDIAN
>doesn't actually protect your permanents against anything

It obviously was printed for a 1 year lifespan, it alongside smugglers copter were banned for this reason. Return to return to ravnica is going to have vehicles maro already said and there was likely going to be another manowar card being printed that wasnt supposed to exist alongside reflector mage. Expect more bans until they work through this hump they've created.

i bet it had flash before they realised it might be too good.

Its supposed to synergise with fabricate. Its a 1/4 so it blocks for you and lets your artificers "escape" to exile so they can get more servos/armor

Yes

>Playing Grixis Control

Haven't really had to worry about interrupting a Planeswalker ability in a while so I forgot the ruling. That's all I need to know. Or I can just Negate Saheeli. Either or.

Ticking up or down counters on a planeswalkers is the activation cost of the ability. If you don't have enough counters to pay for the abilities to tick down then you can't activate it. So the counters are adjusted first and then the ability goes on the stack so keep that in mind when use direct damage stuff(either directly or redirected). If your opponent is casting something else and hasn't activated his planeswalker yet then make him pay for the mistake hard by burning or destroying his planeswalker at instant speed if able. I see people make this mistake from time to time and then i see people not capitalise that mistake when able to.

But other than that yes Negate's and to another extent Disallow should be fairly decent against planeswalkers. You just know some people are going to ult a planeswalker and then you counter that ability.