Hahahahahaha, enjoying your sixty dollar playset?

Hahahahahaha, enjoying your sixty dollar playset?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-9-2017-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2017-01-09
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In what format?

Standard.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-9-2017-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2017-01-09

I see. That's embarrassing, really. I could understand if they miss something becoming broken in the massive context of eternal format and need to hose that with ban. But to miss-judge power of the card in the limited cardpool of Standard, that's just negligence. Or thinly veiled clever conspiracy with Star City Games.

Seriously, anyone who thought that was acceptable in standard was fooling themselves. A 3/3 looting flier for 2 colorless? In standard?

It probably was intentional. Print something guaranteed to end up stupidly expensive, let the suckers buy it at jacked up prices, then ban it in order to try to keep it from completely dominating standard and leading people to consider a different hobby.

Remind we, was Delver banned in Standard at any point?

No

I think it's too obviously broken. There was no reason not to play this card in any deck. Even an absolute beginner like me could see this coming.

Delver itself wasn't really such a problem so much as the instants and sorceries that were too good. Remember that Delver of Secrets was still legal in ISD-RTR standard but was played by no one ever by that point.

this card was the second coming of jitte

I don't play Magic anymore but this is one of those bannings that even I understand.
>T1 power 1 loser
>T2 you have a 3/3 with flying that lets you adjust your hand (but doesn't force you to) AND it's colorless so it goes in everything with no mana issues
Back in my day a 3/3 flier with a drawback would have still cost at least 3 mana, probably 4 because artifacts were taxed back then.

can somebody explain reflector mage? That was unexpected(to me at least)

> With haste and immune to sorcery speed creature removal

they cut the nuts off marvel, gbx midrange and aggro and had to find something to pull out of flash. reflector mage was the biggest offender because of the 'you can't play that card for another turn' clause. it provided flash with almost insurmountable tempo in conjunction with the way the rest of the deck played.

Doesn't have haste. It can't be crewed to attack on turn 2. That's why there's vehicles with haste, and haste enablers for vehicles.

Still a great vehicle though.

Delver needs a ton of slots for cantrips and top of deck manipulation. These did not exist in any standards it was in. So it saw no play.

>These did not exist in any standards it was in. So it saw no play.
You're kidding, right? It was only near the end of its life when cards like Ponder didn't exist alongside it did the card stop seeing play.

Just in case no one was sure that standard was the worst format before.

What card are you referring to, because you are clearly not talking about the card in OP.

I traded mine for a slightly beat Mox Diamond last friday.

I haven't played Standard since 2006, is the meta really so toxic as to necessitate the most bans in the format since the Raffinity nightmare? I know that Standard has flat-out not been firing in my lgs and the section in the store for Kaladesh is half empty since nobody is opening packs.

>Got one in the pre-release event
>"Holy fuck is this OP."
>Started to plan a deck that used them
>But then realized my last four decks in Standard were just Aggro
>Passed on getting more Looter Scooters and built Grixis Control instead

Having more fun just trying to screw with players and shoot down their aggro combos... just hoping Nicky B makes it to the next set.

Emrakul was a pretty easy Turn 4 win that was incredibly hard to deal with and Smuggler's Copter was a 4-of in nearly 70% of all decks.

Reflector Mage... I dunno. I think overall UW had too many options to just completely lockdown opponents both proactively and reactively and something just had to go.

There was a time when Standard was actually a fun format. And when Jund decks in the day was a deck that was almost literally commons and uncommons instead of super expensive rares and mythics.

>tg now

Man wizards is so stupid how could they not see how broken this card is, its so obvious :^)

>tg in KLD and eldrich moon spoiler season

Smugglers copter sucks, enjoy playing it in your meme decks

Newmrakul is so shit, youd have to be a retard to play it

EVERY FUCKING TIME TG

Dear fucking christ you know theres an archive to prove you guys were shitting on these "obviously" overpowered cards before they came out

i still think this was intentionally to get people to play super friends aka mythic.dec

basically instead of banning marvel they banned a card that wasnt a mythic

Marvels not as oppressive anymore now that emy is gone, kozi or ula just arent anywhere near as good and cant be hard cast reliably if they get stuck in your hand, reflector mage is just too good in u/w, it literally destroys your opponents tempo and all around isnt a fun card to play against, and thats the problem right now is fun, bitch cry and moan about the stupid creatures the tappening meme all you want but the truth is the attendance numbers must have been abysmal for them to do this, coco wasnt banned because at least people were playing the game, once standards health starts to deteriorate they have to do something

I dont think you resonded to the right person

ya sorry, b8ing some idiot in another thread, will delete it in a second

That had nothing to do with delver being not good enough, the issue was that the only deck playing blue was playing revs and verdicts, the only creature even in that deck was a 1-2 of aetherling in case your opponent didnt concede or die of boredom

Also the fact that it couldnt beat jund with huntmaster, swagthrust and lilys being jammed up its ass

there are plenty of decks that don't benefit from creatures, or can't afford to tap creatures for vehicles.

idk if that's true about the current standard meta, but I don't think I've ever played a deck in standard where I'd use this

Between the pre-release and drafts I pulled a play set. My only regret is not selling them.

>A 3/3 flyer for 2 colorless that can loot

My playset was actually $10 because Veeky Forums told me to preorder them early.
I never played Magic before Kaladesh, thank you for the amazing time.

A lot of the idiots in spoiler threads are actually idiots. The slower threads tend to have less of the memeshits and more people who know what they're talking about.

What is Ponder you enormous faggot?
Standard delver had better topdeck manipulation than modern does now.

Nobody said Emerakul was going to be shit in standard. We said it was objectively worse than the original and wouldn't see play in Tron or other modern decks.

I'm skeptical that even Veeky Forums claimed that Copter was awful. They may not have predicted how big it was going to be but they definitely thought it was the best vehicle and would see play in standard.

>Build UW Flash cuz I want to play more magic, and standard was easy winnings
>Deck is boring as shit, but never failed to top
>People stop coming to standard, and I'm really tired of the deck
>Decide to sell everything in it 10 days ago
I came out so far ahead with that, it's ridiculous.

$68 here in ausfag bucks. Bought them on Saturday deciding to get back in to standard, seemed like a great card I'd play in a lot of decks, which justified the expense.

I've been trying to avoid Veeky Forums until my butthurt subsides. It's getting there. But thanks for the reminder to git gud or stay mad.

so what are you playing in standard now? agro or control? or midrange? or combo?

Ramp