Is King Arthur a Paladin or a fighter?

is King Arthur a Paladin or a fighter?

He's a warlord.

King Arthur is a girl___

That's Jean of Arc you fart breather

I wish weeaboos would just collectively fuck off

Unlike Lancelot and Galahad and some of the rest, Arthur doesn't really do any miracles, unless activating a magic item made specifically for you counts as a miracle. He's a low-level fighter with a good grasp of strategy and more interest in public policy than fighting.

Depends, do you mean the Welsh version, the British version, or the French version? Because, in order:

Welsh: CHA Fighter 20
British: Paladin 12
French: Fighter 2/Paladin 10 with the Cuckold template (-1 CR)

He's a Fighter.

Reminder that Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table were deliberately meant to be flawed characters who exemplified the failures of Knighthood.

*Citation needed

This.

Arthur is a Warlord

Galahad is a Paladin

Lancelot is a Fighter

>getting mad about the best depiction of King Arthur in media

meant by whom?

He's a king, and a knight.

Have you read Hellboy? Good shit.

>hating on weeaboos on a forum created so people would have a place to jerk off to chinese loli cartoons.

>King Arthur
>Paladin
(Sadly) he didn't serve Charlemagne so he's no paladin.
>tfw no restored West Roman Empire

My guess would be Chrétien de Troyes. He wrote stories for the nobility, with lessons that would appeal to the nobility.

It's probably just false pattern recognition, but ever since I learned that Christopher Lee was a direct descendant of Charlemagne I keep seeing a resemblance in depictions of him.

It might be more than just coincidence. For example, Jean-Christophe Napoléon bears quite a resemblance to his imperial ancestor.

That was an amazing arc.

>Noble dead of britain rising out of their graves

>king arthur kinda returns

>dragon slaying

He's a noble with cavalier levels; the stories made it pretty clear he is NOT a paladin, and would have fallen if he were.

Would his pact with the Lady of the Lake not make him a bit of an Eldritch Knight?

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.

Galahad certainly seems to be a Paladin, the others dont display anything that could be classed as 'Holy Magic' so are llikely fighters.

Plus I'm pretty sure you'd Fall for ordering the deaths of all infants in the land of approximate age that they might be the incest-baby prophesied to kill you after you got drunk and cheated on your wife with your half-sister.

So he certainly isn't a paladin anymore.

Familiarity breeds contempt, what can I say?

In some earlier versions of the Legend Arthur actually becomes Emperor of the Roman Empire.

Correct answer

Vivian comes off more as a fey than anything else to me

You don't even know what a weeaboo is.

Yeah, a Fey Pact Eldritch Knight

Lancelot manages several miracles despite carrying on an affair with his best friend's wife, abandoning his pregnant lover, and a variety of other questionable deeds. In Arthurian myth there's a number of gradiations of goodness, including "good enough to not actually get in trouble," "good enough to perform miracles," and "good enough to find the Grail," in increasing order of difficulty. Being good enough to not get in trouble is a surprisingly low bar, as Gawaine and his brothers still ended up over it after the cold-blooded murder of King Pellinore. Mordred's master plan to ruin Arthur largely consisted of insisting that people should actually get in trouble when they do bad things, even if Arthur likes them.

King Arthur is a woman

Well, both of them did shed the blood of the saxon men

Gargoyles was better.

That's downright fanfiction-tier and I like it.

Nice

You cut that out! King Arthur is actually a man!

I loved how Evil's plan to win was "Invade everywhere on Earth, but BRITAIN LAST because if Arthur shows up we are FUCKED

I think there's some old DnD book for Arthurian characters that has him as a paladin and most the others as fighters aside from Galahad (who was also a paladin), but for arguments sake "Warlord" wasn't a class
I'm pretty happy they went with the lady Saibah. None of the stuff that made Fate fun really shows in anything I've seen for Prototype

Once, he was a man. That was before he was taken by a sorcerer of the far east and tortured, twisted into the sorcerer's waifu

Fighter.

The only Paladins were Charlemagne's.

Any name for that style of art? Looks similar to Darkest Dungeon

I thought Galahad and lancelot were the same guy in the lore?

Its drawn by Mike Mignola,creator of Hellboy, his heavy shading caught on amoung a bunch of Artists copying it. It doesn't really have a name because its distinctly his style.

Galahad is Lancelot's son. Lancelot was added as a major character by French authors (Literally the first self insert) while Galahad shows up for the Grail Quest, acts very Christlike, then ascends to Heaven when they find the Grail.

Galahad was Lancelot's real name. Instead of calling his son Jr, he gave him his name.

I forget the exact qoute but "He brought one last victory for man, and that was enough" always gives me chills.

And then the B.R.P.D. Hell on Earth finale happens and Johann steals both Hellboy and Arthur's thunder by beating the final boss of the setting

I didn't vote for you.

Hey now, the first self-insert was Aeneas.

Gilgamesh?
Akhenaten?

What makes you think ol Gilgy was a self insert?

Perhaps later stories of his personality were modified to reflect well on the rulers of the day, but legit curious.

Huh. That actually makes sense

>mfw getting buggered the entire Manchester United Football club

>Japanese actually believe this is what Americans eat like

>The country where rice, fish and vegetables are the only known foodgroups exaggerate the eating habits of the most morbidly obese country on the planet
How unusual.

Have you even been to Japan lately?

They've been hard on the American diet and it really, really shows in their society.

They have mayonnaise themed restaurants. America is falling behind.

>best
You're absolutely right, he shouldn't get mad.
Pity is what people like you deserve.

Maloryboo plz go.

Before L'Morte de Arthur was published Athur and his Knights were ideal characters. Then Malory was traumatized by the Wars of the Roses and wrote L'Morte as a satire of his society.

Try reading The Matter of Britain and some of Chrétien de Troyes' romances before you come in here shitting up a good King Arthur thread.

>good king arthur thread

Are we talking classic king Arthur? Or Roman king Arthur?

What's youur take on the Historia Regnum Britannae? (I hope I didn't fuck up the name.)