Warhammer 40k General

OOOOOOF edition
>FOR ALL WHO ARE BLIND, THIS IS A LIST BUILDER. LIST. BUILDER. THERE WE GO READING 101
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>PDF's that ain't always current, hoes:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Watch out for THICK PAINTS)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

1st for Mork

Second for plastic SoB

Cadia rules leak when?

I just want plastic troop choice like every other faction.

What the fuck is up with these last generals pics?

>tfw your homeplanet has been destroyed & you're fighting half way across the galaxy

H-Hold the line!

I make them myself

:^)

Some autist sperged out over the meme image so we're changing things up, not to appease him but to add more content.

If only someone would put some work into their general edits we'd be on the road to recovery.

Lamentors say hello.

And by that I mean I made that shitty general pic in less that 3 minutes. I'll try and put more effort in next time babe

Plastic Death korps and Vostroyan Firstborns when?

It's annoying as fuck when the subject line changes (where is the /40kg/?) And the picture changes every thread. It's annoying to search for unless you link in from the last thread.
At least a regular general image is easy to spot in the catalogue.

Tanith 1st and Only say Hi

How do I chinaman? Never done it before but I wanna start a new army and these prices are getting a bit silly.

plastic Vostroyans pls

I want to start collecting space marines. I eventually wanna play but for now i just want to enjoy the hobby side.

I basically want to buy a kit, fully assemble and paint it and then buy another kit until i have a force going, what do people recommend i buy?

>Plastic Vostroyan Firstborns
I'd shoot a Heretic for that.

boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/40k
Learn basic search functions retard, you are part of the problem.

Go to yoyhammer and find the emails.

Pretty easy desu.

I just use the search button and "40k" as my term and it's pretty easy to find.

i mean usually typing in Warhammer usually will bring up the threads so

Best places to start depending on the size you want to pick up.

small: Either the Dark Angel or Space Marine armored assault boxes.

Bigger but still nothing huge: Start Collecting! Space Marines

Jump in head first: Strike Force Ultima

I know that fuckface, I wasn't referring to this general specifically.
People sometimes put "Warhammer 40000 General" as well which that wouldn't work for but would get me the rpg thread.

I'm actually not complaining, they are as original as weird.

>strike force ultima

don't

Celestine should always have the S8 shot.

Those T H I C C tights are a weapon of mass destruction

Krieg never. Forge World have them completely.
Vostroyan lets hope soon.

>BS2 isn't a problem, Orks are fine with it

Think positive: for Orks snapshots and invisibility are just minor inconveniences.

not gonna hapen boys
vostroyans didn't do to well so fully expect gw to never support them ever again

>All Thousand Sons are Rubrics (or Sorcerers).
>Not all Rubrics are Thousand Sons

>All Death Guard are Plague Marines
>All Plague Marines are Deathguard

>All World Eaters are Berserkers
>Not all Berserkers are World Eaters

>Not all Emperors Children are Noise Marines
>All Noise Marines are Emperors Children

My Dudes not withstanding, is this generally correct?

Thighs are a melee weapon.

Shooting with orks is an inconvenience in itself

As far as I know: Yes but only descendant from said legion. they could be in a warband so far from the original Legion that they are effectively their own thing.

Who else got affected by the Rubric?

user that is posting FoC leaks in the new formation can i take lets say a captain and 4 crusader squads to fulfill it or not?

And shooting. Just picture weaponising that sweat squirting between those thicc legs!

It should be a 72" D weapon

>All Death Guard are Plague Marines
no, only the ones that were aboard morty's fleet when they got stuck in the warp
same goes for TS not on the planet of sorcerorcs when the rubric was cast and world eaters that remained loyal
>All Plague Marines are Deathguard
again no , any nurgle worshipping marine might turn out that way

Abaddon has his own Rubric dispensing factory

>D weapon
Sounds Slaaneshi to give her the D.

No.
Any Chaos-Undivided Faction could have any number of these... except the rubrics. I think they are really kinda a thing of the thousand sons

just wanna go stock standard marines.

And by kit i meant like a unit at a time, curious what i should progressively pick up towards a 1,000pt list?

What the fuck is it with these arts giving all the females man faces. I dont want perfect clean faces but still she has a stronger jaw structure than most men i know.

Who gets zealot if you max any role? That role or the entire army.
what are the min and max slots for each role in that detachment?

And she also has Holly Tits that buff all armies of the Imperium.

Fine S10 AP1 flesh and armour bane.

This rules write themself how the hell GW fuck them up so much so often

That's what happens when you channel the Emperor: you get his jawline.

A good idea is to build toward Battle Company. Pretty much anything in there, or that are supplemental to it, are useful. Drop Pods and Bikes are both useful.

Emperors children, World Eaters and the Deathguard just have a great amount of these. Not everyone in these legions are 'special'

Holy shit is Saint Celestine the Saint of Tits, Ass and Thicc?

I can live with that

Start with the Start Collecting. Then decide what kind of army you want. If Alpha Strike, get the Skyhammer Tactical Squad. If Tanks is more your speed, get the Dark Angels Gauntlet Squad. Its just a normal Tactical Squad with and upgrade. Pick up the appropriate vehicle for your army (Drop Pod or Rhino).

Holy Trinity Saint.

Thats why its minor! You're already shit at it, so it doesn't matter if you're a bit shitter at it! Its balance user.

This thread is already starting off shitty

Too bad GW can't write fluff or rules for shit. We just made better Celestine rules and fluff just by shitposting.

>All Thousand Sons are Rubrics (or Sorcerers).
That's a big maybe. As far as I know, all confirmed canon post-Heresy Sons have been affected by the Rubric, but the Blood Ravens are clearly not a bunch of golems. Thousand Sons fluff is kind of a mess after Fur Faggot Kelly got to brutalize them in Wrath of Magnus anyways.

No, all rubricae are/were Thousand Sons.

No, he doesn't. There's only been one attempted recasting of the Rubric, and involved a massive flustercuck of Ahriman, Magnus, and Tzeentch plots.

Start collecting looks pretty good, only has 12 dudes to worry about so i won't be too in over my head.

Also as far as what army i want i have no idea, all i know is i wanna paint them as Celestial Lions.

Man, look at this thing.

1850pts
Space Wolves: Codex Cad
HQ
Iron Priest [Bolter, 3x Cyberwolf, Thunder Hammer, Thunderwolf]
Troops
Blood Claws [Rhino]
5x Blood Claw [5x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword]
Blood Claws
5x Blood Claw [5x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword]
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Fast Attack
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Thunderwolf Cavalry
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Power Fist, Storm Shield]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Power Fist, Storm Shield]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Storm Shield, Wolf Claw]
Wulfen Murderpack
Wulfen
Wulfen [Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield]
Wulfen
Wulfen
Wulfen [Dual Frost Claws]
Wulfen
Wulfen [Great Frost Axe] Auto gun
Wulfen [Great Frost Axe]
Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate
Culexus Assassin

Try again with formatting that isn't fucking terrible.

To be honest, more of their weapons should be blasts.

Are you trying to meme the wolf wolf wolf combat? Or just stupid?

Ork shooting is fine. Their issues are point costs, a lack of options in terms of weaponry, Mob Rule, and the same assault issues that plague everybody else.

great idea! if you roll a 1 when attempting to shoot any ork weapon place a small blast template over the model shooting and it does s4 ap- hit to all models in the radius

Not my list, it evidently placed well at some big GT.

I would probably say Drop Pods in that case, its a very god vehicle, or you could alternatively mix your vehicles up.

You might also want to get some Sternguad and a Drop Pod for them.

Best way to run death guard rn? I'm at work and freaking out I was out of 40k and didnt know there was a new chaos codex. Is it not shit anymore?

maybe before they faq'd the allies in drop pod

Basically playing a legion gives free veterans of the long war and some fluffy rules to anything with veterans of the long war. Its alright yeah.

There isn't a new CSM codex, just yet another supplement, Traitor Legions. Death Guard are far and away the best, and the only one that's actually viable. Everybody has to take Mark of Nurgle and -1 I, and they get VotLW for free, plus Fearless, Relentless, and Feel No Pain

Is the celestine tube out?

She's up on Warhammer TV's facebook.

Any new worthwhile formations or is it still spam jinking t6 bikes until you die

What do we know about the story so far?

>Death Guard gets Feel No Pain, Fearless, Relentless
>Thousand Sons get +1 Invulnerable Save while Blessed
Seems fair.

Chaos warband + a single unit of spawn gets everyone stealth and rerolls of 1 on FnP.
There's also a semi-decent raptor/warp talon formation that allows them to charge out of deepstrike

cadia falls

>viable

Spam jinking t6 bikes with Stealth and FNP rerolling 1s until you die.

Also Autocannon Havocs are awesome with Relentless

Cadia falls. Into pieces. Literally. And even then the imperials dont give up on the pieces.

CADIA. STANDS.

Death guard are probably sneaking up on top-tier right now my dude, you're in luck

There's a Typhus/Chaos Lord plus Plague Marines formation, but it's kinda crappy. Plague Marines (and Berzerkers) are basically just overpriced, obsolete versions of baseline Chaos Space Marines in their legions now.

Each Legion gets a new detachment that's basically just the Black Crusade detachment from Traitor's Hate, but with Legion unique benefits. Death Guard is reroll Feel No Pain rolls of a 1, Stealth against shooting from more than 18" away, and reroll Death Guard Warlord Traits.

That's not true, that's not "all you want", you will whine no matter what.
Because you have a metal meme army, and all you know is whining.

BS2 IS THE FUCKING ISSUE!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey now, if it's a standard small blast template that could hurt non-ork units. Instead it should be 1d6 s4 hits on each ork unit within 6" of the firing unit to represent the inaccuracy of ork weapons.

Just to be fair of course.

>to the host of the damned, she is the false emperor's bride
I thought that was Dante

It will do alright in tournaments and has the potential to brutalize casual environments.

Minotaurs say hi, back at you

BS2 is fine when you have volume to make up for it. Do we really need another thread ruined by the autistic screeching of Orkfags in denial about how points-efficient shoota boyz are in terms of dakka?

Dante is the Emperor's side chick.

If you want to become a real plague marine, you have to kiss mortys feet and join the death guard, but some of the original DG pm left morty and joined other warbands or the black legion.

Assuming the Global Campaign kicks off in April/May who will YOU be fighting for?
Necronbros ww@?

What do you think is better for my Guard blobs? Primaris Psyker Level 2 or Imperial Agents Astropath Level 2?

The Primaris Psyker is 25 points more, but he has better stats and an extra wound. However, the Astropath has access to both Divination and Telepathy so I could potentially roll Invisibility/Shrouding which would be pretty nice on a blob or a unit I'm trying to protect.

Also I was reading up on Imperial Agents Priests, and they are the way to go. 5 extra points for the Book of Saint Lucius and you get auto-passing War Hymns.

Bikers and Havocs are the core if you're trying to push DG from a rules standpoint. Use the Chaos Warband from their Vectorium Detachment in Traitor Legions. Their Termies and normal Marines are pretty solid too, just not quite as crazy as the other two units.

I'd love to be able to time travel back to before the Newcron update just to fuck with Necron players by telling them that their involvement in the 13th Black Crusade would be limited to a meme-character flying around doing shit for the lulz.

>Participating in a farce

No.

Trazyn isn't so bad.

A French player may have a copy of the rules and is sharing them:

>Celestine
>BS 7 / CS 7 / S 3 / T 3 / W 5 / I 7 / A 5 / Cd 10 / Svg 2+ et 4++,
>Ardent blade is S+2 / PA 3 / master crafted, armourbane, flamer type Assault 1 / S 5 / AP 4
>All wounds on celestine are taken by the geminae, and she can "ressurect" one per turn (apparently no roll is needed), and can revive herself once on a successful leadership test

>Grand Convocation
>All vehicle sget "it will not die" as well as two other special rules that I don't know so I can't say if they are new ones or not

>Fluff:
>Cadia physically destroyed by colliding with Abaddon's "black fortress", eye of terror expanding to absord remains of cadia, Creed captured by Trazyn

I suppose the issue is if the Silent King or Imhotek turned up, the Eye would have closed and ended the campaign right there.