/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Raised by the Necromancer

Veeky Forums fumbbl league is in round 5 for both Veterans and Rookies divisions.

BB2 league is in Round 5.

Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri confirmed for BB2 in the next few weeks.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=926845
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=926970
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927189
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927300
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927427
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927460
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=926845

Don't drink and Blood Bowl, kids.

Don't Blood drink and Bowl, Lads.

then explain vampire teams

Drinking Blood while playing are vamps biggest weakness.

>Lgs has league
>Playing akaven
>7 out of 11 teams are bashy
>League organizer tells me I'm going to need a rat ogre to survive...
>Laugh uncontrollably

Everyone at in the league is raving about how good the rogre is...

Prove them wrong by not running rogre and kicking everyone's ass.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=926970

Anyone have any links to good painting schemes or tutorials?

Are you going to convert your minis, /bbg/?

Lads I need some tips.

Just played my first game out of the new box. I was the Orcs and I got hammered 3 - 1.

What are some good strategy's for Orcs? I find it hard to keep his catchers out of my half and when the ball is deep in his half it's almost impossible to get it back.

Spend your defensive half stopping them from scoring. Box them in. Bash the shit out of them. You don't need to score just make sure they don't. When it's your turn to be offensive form a cage around the ball (make an x shape with the carrier in the middle). Slowly advance until you score and win 1-0.

I see, so just kick the shit out of him and try and cabbage as many of his players as possible and then walk the ball up.

To be fair he was lucky as fuck on a long ball.

orcs aren't slow, if they're getting past you and you can't keep up then you're definitely pushed too far forward or marking too many players. against faster teams make sure to keep players in the backfield.

He was the Orc. He didn't say what his opponent was but I assume Human.

Yeah I think I've been too focused on scoring. Since it was my first game I just thought I'd charge the blitzers up the flanks and pass the ball to them, rather than bashing them.

Yeah just the new box set, so Humans vs. Orcs with 1 man in reserve each.

Maybe...

Thanks for the alternative Dwarf suggestions last thread.

I think I'll go for Starplayer's offerings, they look like an updated version of the 3rd edition models.

Probably some tweaks to alter poses, but doubt I'll do anything revolutionary.

they look great, except for the trollslayers

Glad you found one you liked.

Last thread people pooh poohed Goblins, but sitting and theoryhammering them a bit, I don't think the look so bad, at least in league play. You can get a team together so cheap that your ass is just drowning in inducements every game.

Maybe i'm stupid, but it seems like itd work.

I just clipped the crests off of all my guys. Gave the blitzers a big spike on one shoulder. I wasn't a fan of the "Rocketeer" look.

Yeah, inducements is pretty much the only way they function, just like Halflings.

it does work until your opponent has tackle and or block

come on guys get on with your league games, what are you waiting for?

Haha nice!

for my opponent to read his PMs

Moralazar, Coach of the Drongmak Dragon-Slayers, message me.
Fumbbl: Grundlepunch
Steam: yellowhastur

For fuck's sake, I just finish painting my Khorne-themed Chaos team and then I see this guy and the new Thousand Sons' Tzaangors

After long struggles and plenty of library-carding, ZUW vs FWC are scheduled to play in 24 hours.

So here's what I have for skaven starting out

5 linerats - 250
2 blitzers - 180
3 GR - 240
1 thrower - 70

3 RR - 180

Leaves me with 80 k

Should I go with an apothecary of an extra player?

I don't think I'll need a 4th RR...

No reason not to have 4 gutter runners from the start. You can get him instead of a thrower and get an apo.

I want the thrower just to have easy access to passing skills.
A 4th GR will probably be my first purchase

Only good reason is for free sure hands because passing with 3agi accurate is the same as base agi4 meaning any day of the week the GR are better throwers than the thrower.

agi 3 with pass is slightly better than agi 4 without a reroll

Keep in mind gutter runners are also faster so if you're going to pass you can get into a better position than with a thrower.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927189

I'm going to make the base and some detail on the clothes differently, but I like the actual models

For the record, with FUMBBL being down for half the weekend, and a few PM's from coaches, Veterans round 5 will run to Sunday night like the Rookies was anyway.

Hey Veeky Forums

Is taking a +AV or +MA (or any stat increase for that matter) on a Hobgoblin ever a good idea?

+ST, yes.
Anything else? No

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Thanks.

What are the best miniature options for a Lizardmen team? Just buy a box of AoS Skinks and Saurus Warriors and cut off the weapons?

If you want to keep it 100% GW, yes probably. Convert them a bit though or they'll suffer from clenched fist syndrome.

Impact! Miniatures do a "Sarcos" Croc team which I have sat in the cupboard unloved. Very cheap in resin for a full roster and extras, affordable in metal but there's a few doing more regular lizard teams.

They look nice but the big guy looks the same as the Saurus. Is he noticeably bigger in person?

Just for you user. Yeah he's a real fat bastard, they've squashed him for that image.

Their Trollcastâ„¢ Resin is very crisp but I haven't read their guide on working it or priming it. It's a spincast plastic resin similar to Finecast but visibly not as shit.

Starpleyer and Meiko have good ones out currently, Hungry Troll's looks good but isnt out yet (picrelated).
Other wise conversion is easy (I would go temple guard over norm saurus tho).

Watch another horrible round of Ashenvale getting beaten up, this time by Pact

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927300

I looked at Temple Guard but from the image GW provided of the sprue it looks like their shields are part of their arms. I'd probably have to buy both Guards and Warriors then to get left arms without shields.

Just got into blood bowl this month and it is the bee's fucking knees.

I've been enjoying playing Chaos Dwarves the best but the minotaur is made of cardboard and not worth saving up for.

Game ends in a 1-1 tie with beaten up elves as always.

Hey sku ready for some WRASSLIN?!
also could my opponent for the BB2league message me on fumbbl at LawlessJustice or here, had a baby false alarm and couldnt respond earlier.

>Hey sku ready for some WRASSLIN?!
FIGHT MY DUBS LINO TO DEATH!
actually, pls don't hurt my pixels :^)

With Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri confirmed to release soon-ish in BB2, what other races do you wish would release as well, /bbg/?

I want Underworld.

Agreed

no it's not the same
no agi 4 is better, you have 3 rerolls you should be able to save one for when you ned to pass, 1/9 of failing is a bit too much,you are better off using a runner to pass.(even better would be not to pass at all,but until you get accurate on your thrower there is no point in making him pass)

Found 3 coaches.
Not enough coaches to start.
10 connected users.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

are you looking for a game? Maybe i could be your laying partner tonight user

Final round of BB2 has started before we move to knockouts. 1 Week

sorry lol got a game in ranked maybe after this ones done :))

so, do you want to play or not?(why the fuck can't i find a game?)

Is BB2 actually alive here again? I would probably join the next league.

Fuck the league management, worse than Chaos Edition. Someone else can run a BB2 league when this one is over.

I'll keep an eye!

DELET THIS

Arkham Crawlers coach, this is Lizard coach. Message me on Fumbbl, same name as in BB2

so the league at my LGS is kicking off today (pun intended) and I'm running a Chaos team.

my division looks like this:
2 orc teams (1 veteran player, 1 newbie)
2 skaven teams (2 newbie players)
2 chaos teams (1 veteran player, me as a newbie)
1 human team (newbie player)
1 norse team (veteran player)

I do not have much experience with the game, and I'm aware Chaos teams have it rough at the start, but I'm determined to make it work - and by that I mean, to visit death and ruination on the opposing teams.

what roles should I build my players as?
my starting roster is 4 chaos warriors, 7 beastmen, 3 team re-rolls.

since Pile On is effectively out of the game, Claw+MB players have an "extra slot". what extra skill should killers take instead (assuming they already have Block)

Tackle.

Do something different for each of them. Tackle is good, so is Jump-Up if you manage to get doubles. Just make sure you don't go full killer.

You're not gonna get that far.

>You're not gonna get that far.

explain pls

Assuming it's not a perpetual league. With 8 players you most likely won't have to worry about getting more than 3 skills on a single player.

You aren't going to play enough games to get that many skill ups.

what he's saying is your league isn't that big and won't last long enough to get that many skill ups on players. You might get one or two but that's if youre lucky.

>Just make sure you don't go full killer.
I'm not planning to.

so what is the best course of action? what should I build towards?

You can build to the stuff you want, just don't only focus on it. Get some basic good skills like block, maybe a kicker. Also remember Mighty Blow is almost always better than Claw.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927427

>Also remember Mighty Blow is almost always better than Claw.
with the selection of teams in the league, it seems that way. the average AVs of players of the opposing teams come out as 7.9... so, I guess I only need 1-2 claw players, for the times I'm facing orcs.

You still want MB first. Remember MB makes av9 into av8 and still can add +1 to injury rolls.

>You still want MB first. Remember MB makes av9 into av8 and still can add +1 to injury rolls.
isn't that either +1 to armor rolls or +1 to injury rolls, not both?

yes he meant in case you don't need it. Also against orcs claw is better than MB, but MB is more versatile so take it first. That's all there is to know. I don't know what he meant in the last post.

Do people here play more BB2 or FUMBBL?

fumbbl league has far more people, but i don't know if that reflects the true amount of players.

I'm considering starting to play FUMBBL, but I've been spoiled by BB2 looking decent, so I'm not sure I can make the switch.

You will get used to it pretty fast. Fumbbl has a better interface than BB2.

Also all the teams and much better match making and leagues

Don't be a pussy, user. If you're over 15, you should know damn well graphics don't count for shit in vidya.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=927460

Top 2 teams

Hey, is there a troubleshooting guide to using the Java thingie necessary for FUMBBL?
I've already created an account, but have no idea how to use it.

Make sure you are logged in on the website.

I started on BB2, going back to it now feels bad. Try fumbbl, youll save weeks of life when you dont have to.wait for cyanides zombie walk.

Ah, yeah, I'm a moron, I wasn't logged in when I downloaded the file, thanks.

Do you think going back to BB2 would be a decent idea eventually? Maybe when all teams from CE return?

Maybe, but BB2 still has ass hat retarded level of league managing.

Sign in and try again.

Yeah, it works fine now, thanks man.

It need more than just teams. Minimum, absolute minimum, they need to overhaul leagues and spectating and messaging coaches.

I'll still play it from time to time, but it doesnt have the same community and "fun" you get from fumbbl spectating.

Also the way they handle inducments is pants on head retarded.

B-but muh pixels

Is there any other game going to happen today?

Also, any tips for someone getting used to FUMBBL? Like settings I should turn on, what to expect, etc..