Veeky Forums Nostalgia Thread

What was your favorite thing about old Veeky Forums?

I liked when we could have threads about future politics without the thread immediately descending into /pol/fags spamming infographs about nigger IQ. Just a nice friendly thread where everyone roleplays as a Martian ambassador or a cranky AI that supports higher taxes for outworld colonies.

I loved how untrollable Veeky Forums was.

I wanna fuck that dragon

pic related. also, checked.

I miss the OC.

I liked it when the number of quest threads at their height, were like 1/15th of the General threads you have now.

But user, there used to be 100+ quest threads on the board at the same time.

Someone said so.

generals are cancer except as containment for a few select major game lines (40K and D&D, mainly)

There are 38 generals on this board right now, including the CYOA junk that should really be evicted to /qst/ too.

3-5 are 40k,
4-6 are M:tG.
2-4 are flavors of W:FB/Sigmar.
That's not even double the number of quest threads we had on here when they were evicted. I'm not even sure that's greater than the number of quest threads we had at their height.

Yes, generals are kind of lame. I blame the catalog for promoting that kind of browsing.

But seriously, we put up with being the dumping ground for that particular cancer for most of a decade. Electrons are more massive than the sympathy your whining will generate.

I could have a actual Call of Cthulhu discussion. Now I´m lucky if there are even 3 people responding. /yog/ just doesn´t really work on Veeky Forums in contrast to all the 40K threads

>CYOA junk that should really be evicted to /qst/ too.

>Lets move all the OC makers into their own board!
>Guys, where's the content and community tg used to have?!

Gee I don't know George.

Same thing happened with /v/ and Veeky Forums and /d/ and /aco/. Splintered the community and made them even more toxic than where they began. People don't realize that Veeky Forums *is* a community and when you push members to their own dark corners you just get reddit tier circlejerks.

I miss Veeky Forums being the only board you'd ever need.

What do MTG dudes have so many threads for?

I liked when there were no women on Veeky Forums. Or SJWs.

I miss Veeky Forums not being triggered by everything and not being /co/-light. Good times.

There have always been womeon on Veeky Forums. None of them are SJWs because almost all of them like things that SJWs would hate them for liking.

>None of them are SJWs because almost all of them like things that SJWs would hate them for liking.
???

I liked how easy it was to get a worldbuilding discussion going on about whatever, especially when you derailed a troll thread into something useable. Now the tone of the board feels more hostile, which isn't good for silly nonsense like that.

Also, impromptu role playing with anons just ad libbing an entire conversation in the thread. Those were fun to take part in.

>Now the tone of the board feels more hostile, which isn't good for silly nonsense like that.
If 99% of worldbuilding threads weren't shit everyone would be more receptive. Sorry but I don't want to read the delusions of someone thinking they can insert elves into [psuedo-historical setting)] and still be interesting.

I nostalgia for 2013 Veeky Forums

Pathfinder forces the fetish for you though. Can't complain about threads becoming fetishy when the game itself is easy to make that way.

That's what I'm talking about. If something is not relevant to your interests just keep on walking, why bother to take out the time to bash it?

I liked it when there were no fucking generals. I blame the catalog but also reddit, generals are a lot like a subreddit with the little handy sidebar of links being like OP pasta. For some reason /a/ seems like the only board that managed to keep them out. They're total cancer. /osrg/ can stay

>If something is not relevant to your interests just keep on walking, why bother to take out the time to bash it?
If it's on the front page it's fair game.

this. Veeky Forums was always hostile as far as i recall, but I've always been a crossposter and very hostile myself. its chan culture

Not calling someone a faggot at the drop of a hat doesn't cost you anything, but an affable atmosphere fosters discussion and creativity. Nice things are nice, turns out.

>but an affable atmosphere fosters discussion and creativity.
I'll be dollars to donuts you are just virtue signalling and are not nearly as tolerant as you make yourself out to be. Do you take this affable attitude to magical realm threads? To furry threads and their denizens? To quest threads?

Different poster, but I generally skip threads I don't like, unless it's something rule breaking, then I report and move on.
I dislike MTG, but I don't shitpost in their general.

GRUFF GM WILL DELIVER WE STILL WAIT

>For some reason /a/ seems like the only board that managed to keep them out.
Bad news, user.

user, you'll find that virtue signalling is rather difficult on an anonymous message board. That being said there are many topics that I don't personally like, like obvious magical realm threads. Sometimes i try to steer them to new direction, and if other anons spontaneously join in fun is had - if not, I just go on my way. It's just that being confrontational about it goes nowhere, it's just shitposting for the sake of shitposting.

Oh look, metathreads. Guess someone couldn't be bothered to read the rules.

But yeah, the pre-/pol/ days were good. And before videogame generals shitting the board up. And when we had tons of drawfags.

They should just rename it Fetishfinder