/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Vanilla grunts edition

Autoinclude Sub-Edition

XIIIth thread, but UMs a lazy shite :^)

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

I predict that by the Battle of Terra, 30k armies will look identical to 40k SM and CSM armies.

No fucc, only hucc.

Do you mean fluff-wise, or that there'll be enough plastic options that people are fielding armies entirely consisting of "40k" models?

>loyalists get plethora of rules, units and nice models
>traitors get shitty generic models and terrible rules

Are Thralls useful for Mechanicum? Going to make a DarkMech army, and I like the idea of a horde of lobotomised cultist-types charging the enemy with their bare hands.

I presume give them Fearless and Carapace and make 20 man tarpits?

That book will be published by the actual siege of Terra in year 31000, so maybe you're onto something
No, fucc. It's space Romans we're taking about. Gaius X Aulus forever ;^)

Yes, your enemy would need to spend more than theyre worth to remove them.

Are there any good Luna Wolf shoulder pads available? I know there's some 3D print site that has a bunch of alternative legion bits, but I'm wondering if there's some good legit pieces?

Or would I just have to try to find appropriate SW bits?

fw makes a transfer sheet
that's the only official thing you'll find most likely

So you decided for the Luna Awoos as your new legion, then?

Space wolves shoulder pads, with a painted on white moon behind it?

I like the legion rules and RoW, I like the legion specific units, but I don't want to paint another green tone army so logically they make sense.

Plus I can make a nice Mk III army to contrast my Mk IV equipped Alphas

Modelwise. I started thinking it when the new 40k Thousand Sons came out. It was arguably the first time GW looked at the HH range for ideas (Heresy-era armor marks and rotor cannons) to use in a 40k-exclusive set. We don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable to assume that the World Eaters will be fully red by then and the Emperor's Children pink. We know the Death Guard will have been corrupted. Only the Sons of Horus will look 30k-specific (the other traitors never changed much).

Meanwhile the loyalists will be able to use Mk VII and Indomitus armor.

The lines will definitely be blurred even more than they already are.

What's everyone's experience with Despoiler Squads? I'm thinking of picking up BoP for the Tartaros Termies, bits off the Custodes+Sisters, and to use 10 of the marines for a Support Squad. But I think I have enough Tacticals already, and I'd like to do something with the remaining 20.

>le ebbin "indomitus is late Heresy creation" may-may

Way to invalidate everything you said.

Well, we know that the 1kSons changed to blue after the Rubric-ing. Death Guard were fucked just before the Siege, so that's their excuse. World Eaters changed to red at an indeterminate point of time, but it was probably after Angron went Daemon Prince. EC were already fairly brightly colored, but after Fulgrim also went DP I imagine that the remaining EC started rocking hot pink, black, and yellow.

But it is true that the Siege of Terra was about when all of the 'modern' designs started to take shape. After that, very little has changed with any of the former Legions, except perhaps the UM toning down their Roman-ness a few degrees.

Shit, give them heavy or special weapons instead.

Only read the first 2 HH books, started the 3rd one and I have a question about Loken.
His rules give him a Paragon blade but his model and story character wields a Chainsword.
Is it just a really, really sharp Sword like Kharns Gorechild in 40k or what's the deal here?

Also why is Abbadon such a huge, murderhappy dick and a calm, seasoned wise man in Talon of Horus? Did he change that much?

"Paragon Blade" is a broad definition for a variety of weapons that cut things. They can be chainswords, axes, polearms, etc...

I finally got to work on my IW troops, since I got the rest of the week off. This took me 8h to get here. I think there are at least 10 or 12 hours to go.

The red EC always bothers me in this pic.
Also Sons of Horus really do have the best scheme.

Because ADB likes special snowflakes and made Kharn a calm dude.

Although, let's be fair, Kharn had already been depicted as a calm, calculating dude before, he was only the angriest of them all all the time at the very start, when he was created.

ADB just turned it up to 11 and has the novels that sold the most, hence the feeling he did it.

That's bordeaux user, not red.

Looking good. Have fun with the Chevrons.
What kind of Airbrush do you use?
I have a shitty one I used to train and am now looking into buying something more professional.

I think the whole image just needs a white balance correction.

What colour is red wine?

I bought some BoP Tartaros on eBay and they don't come with instructions. Since they aren't the same in construction as the FW ones, do I need to watch out for matching any pieces other than the right legs to each other? Do the torso halves/hood require matching the other parts too?

Pic related when you type Bordeaux colour on google.
Living there, lovely city.

>"Burgundy is a shade of reddish brown associated with the Burgundy wine of the same name, which in turn is named after the Burgundy region of France which in turn is named after the ancient Burgundians, a Germanic tribe. The color burgundy is similar to other shades of dark red such as maroon, cordovan, and oxblood, but differs from each of these in subtle ways."

Its not Red, its imperial or Tyrian purple. Its the shade worn by the Roman emperors.

The legs match by numeric sequence - leg bit 18 goes with leg 19, leg bit 22 goes with 23 etc

The front and back halves of the torso just fit together, they're not paired. So they're like regular power armor torsos where a back will fit a front, no particular preference

Is it for reasons similar to why Assault Marines under perform? If it means any difference, I'd likely be playing on boards that are ZM or similarly dense.

I'm planning to only pick a single armour plate on every Marine to paint the hazard Stripes on so it looks a little as those plastic dudes modified their armour themself partwise, so this should not be a big problem.

I used a Harder&Steenback Evolution Silverline Two in One a friend of mine lent me for this project.
Actually my first time working with an airbrush, but I'm very pleased with the smoothness of the basecoats. There is not much to it to get an even coat with a high quality airbrush as it seems to me.

Burgundy is almost brown though, bordeaux gets closer to crimson imo.

It looks like a Red Violet (ie. Bordeaux or adjecent), technically it is a purple, just a very reddish one.

He knows it.

Can't people dry fit pieces before assembly?

Then again, the amount of Russ hatches I've seen mounted upside down makes me think even manuals can't release me from this evil...

Post Moon Wolves.

Fury of the Legion is a good rule that you're likely to use before your squad gets whittled down by trying to get too close to the enemy.

If they're anything like the Betrayal at Calth set, you should be able to just dry fit the legs to see which stand flat on a base and go from there. Everything else is interchangable, so you should be fine.

Fuck these names.

In my native tongue there's a colour that's literally called "wine red" and I always associated it with burgundy. Now that I googled it, it's also called "bordeaux red", but the English translation says "Maroon."

>Indomitus armor.
If we ever get rules for it that aren't just "Strictly worse Tartaros"

dont know how it grabbed the wrong post but green text'd from the correct one

What's your native tongue?

I bet he's german.

>tfw Tartaros was worse than Indomitus at 6++ save
>tfw Tartaros was the same as Indomitus

I'll never again know >tfw

I can't see them ever giving Indomitus any variation rules, since it should have rules equal to 40k terminators. Giving terminators different rules was a mistake. Should have just kept it universal across the board like with PA.

>inb4 "so why would anyone buy suit X over suit Y then?"

I dunno, why do people buy MkII or IV instead of MkVI or III?

Rolled 6 (1d10)

I want to bet his name is Hans too.

>more than they're worth

Eh, it depends. They're godamn hilarious to tie up a Primarch or Praetor and his retinue for a couple
turns, but if your enemy has even one Vindicator, Paladin, or anything similar, it's gonna be a sad day.

Thanks battle-senpai.

>Can't people dry fit pieces before assembly?

If there is a specific number combo I'd rather just leave them on the sprue so I see the numbers than snip everything off and attempt ot dry fit my way to the right combination.

Vindicator still costs more than 20 Fearless Carapace Thralls. And it wont kill all 20 in one shot. If its a squadron then its 4x as much as that one blob and not shooting your important units. But if they make it across the board they have to sink points into killing them.

Thralls are pure platinum. They earn back their points by dying. What other unit can claim that?

Thats my point.

Nah, I bet on something more modern like Christian oder Alex.

Cataphractii: 4++ SnP
Indomitus: 5++ Relentless
Tartaros: 5++ Sweeping Advance

Tartaros still have relentless.

Now that really makes me think.

Inferno I need you to come out so I know which shade of red to paint my marines!

I'm saying if you want to make them different, remove Relentless from Tartaros.

They're just going to give you artwork diagrams that don't even match the FW or GW red. You'll notice the artwork for SoH, AL, and WE blue don't match the official schemes either.

My grandmother said to my parents that I had been given an old man's name.

Nah, real solution would be

Indomitus, 2+/5++ Relentless, Targeter: +1BS.

I just mean if I should go BA, WB or TS.

Ah, so Caspar.

Too late to radically change it, people have already equipped Tartaros with combi plasma and the like. The most logical next step would be to give Indomidus rules. Like the old targeter rule. Simple, effective.

Ninja'd as I typed

To be honest, there are much bigger differences between those three than the shade of red on their armour. Do you really not have a preference based on what you know of those legions?

I'd prefer TS but I'm worried with how long the book is taking to come out that they are going to suck. BA are a close second because they were the first faction I played in 40k.

True, but my point is more that it's dicey. The benefit comes in the overwhelming number of bodies, and losing 10 or more of those to shooting can be crippling. But that's why you take a metric fuckload, cause at 80 points for 20 fearless bodies you can spam better than pretty much anything out there

The best is against gun platforms and the like, tying up deredeos, Devs, and other heavy weapons squads is hilarious. They either dedicate 2-3 turns of an assault unit coming in to free them, or give up and leave it in the tarpit.

>tfw I cut all the targeters off my Indomitus

>and losing 10 or more of those to shooting can be crippling
Shooting that didnt target your krios, thanatar, castellax, or the like. They shoot your thralls youre winning. Every shot wasted on expendable fearless thralls isnt hittign whats actually important. And then they cant just ignore them either.

By taking fearless thralls your already stacking points trades in your favor. They get shot your oppoenent is trading down. The tarpit, score, or deny, then whooboy are you way ahead.

FW books never tell you how they do it, but they do share their recipe if you email them. They've already painted the guys they photographed for the book, so go ahead. It appears to be Tamiya Clear Red over a gold base.

They've been late before - it doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the rules. But it's reasonable to be worried. It's very hard to balance psychic powers, especially under the current 40k rules. And what happens when 8th edition arrives? If HH adopts 8th, it could affect TS more than any other legion.

But probably not for long. And at worst, you just end up a tiny bit weaker, like EC. It's not THAT big a difference.

I'd be more worried about TS not being red for many battles. Did they all turn blue, or just Arhiman's?

Maybe Indomitus could get more options?

Tartaros gets no heavy weapons, Cataphractii gets one, Indomitus gets two (per five) and/or a targeter (+1 BS).

user, don't you know that the EC went pink because
>Eidolon got in a cockfight with some rando Lord Commander never heard of before but we're supposed to be impressed by,
>the rando tried to kill Eidolon by dumping acid on him and all his doodz, but
>Eidolon and his absolute madmen just got off on being given full body acid burns and started mainlining the stuff after killing the LC and his men
>BTW the acid turned their armour pink
>Eidolon loved the look so much he ordered all the acid bottled up to be taken back to Fulgrim's main EC fleet element so he could spread the joy of bathing in acid

Truly epic poetry huh?

There's no canon clear cut fully definitive point in the timeline or explanation in any source why all TS turned blue been given yet
>inb4 but
That painting is officially non canon
That's just Amon's warband
That's just Ahriman's warband
We don't know when or why the ones on the Planet of Sorcerers went blue
They're not even all blue anymore anyway, thanks GW

>Tartaros gets no heavy weapons
Too late on that too, the kits comes with heavy weapons with tartaros arms. We can subtract anything for existing kit.

The Indomidus getting +1BS and maybe an additional heavy weapon would be perfect

>The Indomidus getting +1BS
Won't all the Iron Warriors players start complaining again?

Inconsequential to the task at hand.

That's a bonus and just one more reason to do it.

Why not just add points costs to the termi sets instead, with Indomitus being standard, and mebbe +15/20/25? to upgrade the unit to a different set? I dunno.

Well then it's like Armored Ceramite. You only DON'T take it if you really do not have the points, since if you're investing in a unit like that it won't work well if you half-ass it.

Because they're supposed to be variations of the same unit not different units.

I suppose so, but the current problem is Tartaros being Indomitus+ with no downsides compared to regular termi armor.

Why are we in this Crusade? Just to be shafted? Every day I can feel the IW-specific minis that haven't been released, the star on my chest.
You feel it too, don't you?
I'm going to make them release our minis.

What if we make it so Indomitus has a 2+/5++ and Tartaros has 2+/6++ which becomes a 5++ in close combat?

I'm tellin' ya guys, it's a lot easier to just add a simple rule like the Targeter than gutting, redoing, changing costs, etc, etc. It doesn't have to be grounf breaking, there should just not be a strictly worse option.

Considerin termis are going to be charging out of something it's not really that big of a difference.

I still motion Targeter is the simplest, easiest, most effective way.

Cataphractii is defense.

Tartaros is mobility.

Indomidus is suppport.

Go back to giving tartaros a 6++ instead of a 5++ or a 6++ at range and 5++ up close like a combat shield. Then you have.
>6++ can sweep
>5++ can't sweep
>4++ can't sweep or run

If you want versatility Indomitus, if you want a dedicated assault unit that can sweep choose tartaros, if you want a hard to kill but slow unit ideally for shooting get cataphractii.

The result is you never see Indomitus.
How is that a problem?

THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

Its stupid to have options that are objectively better than other options. If there was an RPG would you say it is good game design if two guns had the exact same stats but one had double the range?

If I was selling miniatures for the RPG and one of the options was for a miniature sold by my brother, you bet I'd do it.

>we know that the 1kSons changed to blue after the Rubric-ing.
Only Ahriman's warband is blue, the majority kept the old colours.

Is the World Eater using a WHFB ogre's gut plate as a shield?
That's fucking brilliant.

Whoever made/painted these is great.

Did Valkyrie dropships exist during the time of the Horus Heresy?

soon

Godspeed user

Green check mark = looks good

Red x = looks bad

Post your own chart to prove me wrong...IF YOU CAN

do post results

Lorgar was right

That the Emperor was a liar? Yes.

That this post is bait? Yes.

Everything else is debatable, but that's not why I love him and his legion.

Fucc u :)

none of them are carrying more than one magazine. all shit, take away their Fury of the Legion.

Oh, come now when's the last time a Tactical Marine fired more than 21 rounds in one of your games?