/swg/ - Sithposting edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aggressive_ReConnaissance-170_starfighter#History
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_ion_engine
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-2_Actis-class_light_interceptor
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-3_Nimbus-class_V-wing_starfighter/Canon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who's hype for Jizz-band crew?

Third for Roger roger.

I'm guessing it might be a new crew or team upgrade, the C-ROC has a Team Slot. There are also only like four team cards, 3 of which are in Tantive IV the other is in imperial gozanti, despite the fact that the Raider has team slots.

Wiki says Raider comes with three teams, same as the Tantive.

Xth for my boyfriend

C-ROC is [Crew x2][Hardpoint][Team][Cargo x3]

Merchant One adds one crew and one team slot, but loses a cargo. We already know it comes with Azmorigan, Vizago and Jabba cards, and the HLT is a hardpoint, and it's got at least one copy of two modification cards. It might come with x2 a Generic Crew, but also is likely to have x2 a new Team - unless it also has Ordinance Tubes. Since Scum only have one epic I suspect only x1 of the modifications though. Then it'll probably have a couple of cargo, some of which may be old. Cluster Bombs seems scummy, for instance.

Ah, okay. It was just first released in Tantive IV - I see. Their system could use a little clarification. I would wager then Scum are likely to get at least one on their own - maybe even a Scum Only to set them apart.

Is flipping a dark side token to tell the players that their hyperdrive/fuel tank is damaged going too far?

>Implying TR-80R didn't survive

I mean, you only have so many. If you feel the need to make the dark side known in this way, I think it's fair game - I've done stuff like that before.

Depends,does it severely negatively effect the flow of the game? Is it in the middle of combat? that might be too much for some groups, though there's precedent for it in canon (Ex. You're running from the Imperial star destroyer and your hyperdrive fails)

I don't mind jar-jar, I just think he's made to appeal to a different age group and negatively effects the movie.

I mean, to essentially allow the players to jump to hyperspace, but fart them out earlier than they had planned.

I don't know why but I love no-names who come out of nowhere to slap your shit. TR-8R and Viper from Titanfall 2 captured my heart.

>20 years between RotS and ANH
>in 20 years ARC fighters evolved into X-Wing
>in 20 years Actis fighters evolved into TIE fighters

>30 years between RotJ and TFA
>in 30 years X-Wings evolved into X-Wings
>in 30 years TIE fighters evolved into TIE fighters

Why were they so lazy with the designs? Should the galaxy have advanced beyond 30 year-old designs, given how radically they changed in just 20?

They completely missed the point of the backslash against the prequels and stuck to old familiar designs to pander to fans. Next question.

Safety. Concept art from TFA shows they stretched some legs in the design standpoint then brought it back down for some recognizable visuals. We can but hope they try and stretch some legs in VIII and IX.

Also, the /FO and /SF are vast technological improvements slapped into the same frame shape (probably for symbolic reasons) and the T-70 is only like 15 or 20 years of development.

And in Legends they used X-Wings for like 40 years anyway, didn't even bother to say how they were cooler except StealthXs

>Next question.
If it took the Galactic Empire 20 years to build the original Death Star, which was the size of a small moon, how did the exiled First Order create the much larger Starkiller Base in just 30?

It would have likely taken 30 years just to carve out the massive laser aperture, into which the original Death Star could have probably fit.

I guess if you want to come up with an in-universe justification for it there was less full-scale warfare going on to drive the development.

Even Bioware was more experimental with their rehashed take on the Old Republic era, JJ has no excuse.

There was no full-scale war during the 20 years of Imperial reign, either.

It's a commonly held belief that senseless escalation that eschews logic keeps an audience interested. Sadly, there seems to be some truth to this.

>ARCs evolved into X-Wings
No, Headhunters evolved into X-Wings. Headhunters were used by the Republic towards the end of the Clone Wars.

>Actis fighters evolved into TIE fighters
Just barely. The Empire needed a brand new type of fighter to suit a brand new sort of doctrine: longevity and pilot life isn't important, make them fast, cheap, and completely reliant on a host ship/base. They took a few nods from the Actis/V-Wing, but are otherwise a total new design; something that is demonstrably rare in the Starwars universe.

TIE fighters didn't really change from Empire to First Order, as the First Order was trying to emulate the Empire and attached ideas as much as possible. The Resistance/Republic didn't need to make any big change in ship usage, as the X-Wing (and derivatives) had at that point proven their quality of design as well had become a symbol of freedom.

>If it took the Galactic Empire 20 years to build the original Death Star

And it took them like 6 to build DS-II.

I assume once you get past R&D problems, the logistics of fucking around with a planet on a galactic scale are chump-change.

Plus I bet money the Star Forge will be a thing again, otherwise why the fuck did the TFA official map mention Rakata Prime?

A bigger budget- and thus a bigger economic risk taking -is JJ's excuse.

Probably because they ground the movie/vidya a bit. They show that the protagonist isn't always going to succeed, even if deep down we know they will.

F

Also, Actis is made by KDS. So the Actis evolved into the RZ-1 A-Wing. Canonically I don't think we know what sort of fighters Sienar was involved in making prior to the Imperial period, other than the Scimitar.

It had never been done before, everything was being developed form the ground up.

As the other user said, the DS-II took a fraction of that time.

It stands to reason that the First Order would have had access to some technical plans/knowledge to speed early development, but the sheer scale/new technology, as well as far fewer resources sort of justify the amount of time it took.

I think that somewhere it's mentioned that Seinar basically ripped off the Actis/V-Wing from KDS. Could be making shit up, could be misremembering, but I think that's what happened.

Really, the TIE series is the only famous ship that I can think of that was a 100% fresh design out of basically nowhere.

I don't know if it's explained, but if I had to guess SFS knew what the Empire wanted beforehand and was able to make the perfect bid design with the /LN, leaving KDS, Incom and Koensayr in the dust. And now they canonically improve on the design without much prompting, with the /IN appearing as just a natural evolution rather than a specific "We need to kill the X-Wing".

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act

>There was no full-scale war during the 20 years of Imperial reign, either.
That was also the first 20 years of the Empire, which was a military powerhouse that ruled through fear and military numbers.

Plus the Resistance is using older T-70 X-Wings while the New Republic used T-85's.

>Incom would go on to produce the T-65 X-wing starfighter, the successor to the ARC-170.[1]
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aggressive_ReConnaissance-170_starfighter#History

>The twin ion engine was a type of ion sublight drive used in starfighters. It was used in the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor,[1] and then the Imperial TIE line.[2]
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_ion_engine

>Like their predecessors, TIE's employed two vertical wings similar in appearance to V-wing starfighters, however the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor bore even more similarities with its central cockpit pod, twin ion engines and common weapons technology.[3]
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter

get out fags

>And it took them like 6 to build DS-II.
They never finished DS2. There were three years between AotC (in which Sheev acquires the Death Star plans) and RotS, at the end of which the DS1 is shown to be about halfway to the DSII.

Starkiller Base had never been done before unless George added a scene where the Death Star sucked in a sun to launch a hyperspace laser across the galaxy to destroy five planets at once and broadcast the scene in the skies of other planets in other systems.

Speaking of which, I hope to god somebody has the heart or the brains to recannonize the TIE Hunter now that squints and Defender are pre-Yavin designs (even if the /D is just a prototype).

Because Strikers are cool and experimental, but they probably aren't coming back, so you're gonna need another cool enemy ship to be the serious business X-Wing killer when nuCanon finally moves past ANH.

That seems fine to me

T-70's are delicious

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-2_Actis-class_light_interceptor
>Manufacturer Kuat Systems Engineering

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-3_Nimbus-class_V-wing_starfighter/Canon
>Manufacturer Kuat Systems Engineering

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter
>Manufacturer Sienar Fleet Systems

What's this, you're STILL wrong?

>has to be manufactured by the same company to have had any relation
come on lad

Actis
>spoked window
>twin ion engines
>two laser cannons
>vertical solar panels on either side
>no shields
>no hyperdrive

TIE fighter
>spoked window
>twin ion engines
>two laser cannons
>vertical solar panels on either side
>no shields
>no hyperdrive

What's the source on that ARC comment? The EotE book (which is canon) says that the Headhunter was essentially the predecessor to the X-Wing.

>bearing similarities=descendant
"no"

Starkiller base probably shared many similar design features with the Death Star. Screech and screech all you want, it won't make your silly foibles any more valid.

That doesn't look like anywhere near enough buttons and monitors for a starfighter but I guess the Astromechs probably handle most minor operations.

I mean, we can agree that SFS clearly stole some ideas to make the LN, but it's not like it's intrinsically a direct successor product. The next product the company made was the A, which was not bought by the Empire.

Also, those are S-foils on the Actis to shed heat.

EoTE is not canon, FFG produced it before the canon split so it definitely would be discarded by that.

EotE is deliberately vague on both Canon and Legends

Strikers will probably be in Rebels. There's also one in the Poe Dameron comic in an Imperial shipyard that some former Imps use to jumpstart a group of Empire Remnants a year after the battle of Jakku.

Also there's some U-Wings at the Battle of Jakku.

TR-8R took a bowcaster to the heart that sent him head over heels. That armor made it worse because unlike Kylo's outfit, it probably stopped that plasma coated quarrel from just punching right through him, making it even worse

Eh, but the Striker is an experimental model - and depending on the direction of Rebels has no place in it. You literally have both the IN and sa models made and rigged, and now the Defender - unless you're going to do a rebels episode which is Hera's POV on Scarif there's no real purpose.

It's also said to be very sluggish out of atmosphere without something for the ailerons to interact with - it is not going to be the X-Wing killer.

But imagine a ship with FOUR Ailerons which can also have the weapon configuration of the /IN, and instead of ground-only Proton Bombs, you might field multirole Proton Torpedoes - all from a single elite pilot, no need for a back seater!

I provided links with citations.

Digging a trench that big in 30 years is ludicrous. Creating the whole base doubly so.

You cannot deny the Actis is intended to be a visual design predecessor to the TIE, canon minutia or not.

I wish they had been more creative is all.

>implying TR-8R won't have an arc
>VII: mortally wounded by a former friend
>VIII: kept alive by sheer hatred of the traitor, he is brought back with cybernetics, his purpose in life to hunt and kill FN-2187
>IX: joins the squad after Finn helps him realize the FO twisted his mind then his body, sacrifices himself ala Terminator 2
After he became a massive meme with multiple official shoutouts you'd be a fool to think the execs in charge won't order something like this.

>Digging a trench that big in 30 years is ludicrous. Creating the whole base doubly so.

In the grand scheme of things, no, no it's not.

These guys can generate enough power to blow up a planet in like, 5 minutes (okay, really longer but still less than 24 hours) - and have access to multiple inhabited planets worth of labor.

>These guys can generate enough power to blow up a planet in like, 5 minutes
Are you implying they sucked up another sun to power the construction equipment to build their sun-sucking machine?

Did they suck up a third sun to create the sun-sucker to create Starkiller Base?

>multiple inhabited planets worth of labor
If anything using people instead of droids makes it even worse.

Where did you get this picture of me

>Did they suck up a third sun to create the sun-sucker to create Starkiller Base?
Actually now that I think about that might be a better angle for the First Order. They have some kind of secret sun-sucking tech (an actual Star Destroyer) and just go around smothering stars to build their shit.

I don't see how else the galactic equivalent of Taiwan could do these kinds of things.

Sorry, should have posted the one with your mask.

Only arc FN-2199 has in the movies is the one his body travels when he's blasted off his feet

The point he was making is that in star wars massive industrial production is very much a possible thing.

As others pointed out we see DS 1 in RotS. So it took a lot less than 20 years for most of the gross production.

Being able to build something like starkiller base is in keeping with Star Wars, not a violation.
The problems with it are that it's not a creative story element

And seeing the beams splitting in another solar system, the whole are effected should look like a single star.

I can't wait for VIII and IX to recanonize Kyp Durron as a turncoat Jedi working for the First Order's R&D team

At least you didn't post the picture of me duelling Rey in the woods.

No, that's the power to blow up many planets across space. DS-I's reactors firing on all cylinders can trash one, or just fuck it's day up on a single reactor. This is an extant technology, it's just power - only the laser itself was the hard part.

What I'm saying is even if SW doesn't comment on it much, we're talking about a whole galaxy-spanning sci-fi here, with some CRAZY yields on power generation, labor, raw materials, etc. Y'know, in Harder Sci-Fi civilizations at this scale are building ringworlds and dyson spheres and other crazy bullshit, the First Order being able to build some giant mechanical components and sink them into a large moon or something really should not shock us.

The could always go full circle and use the starforge to explain their production capability

I'm hoping this is Kylo's new fighter, if the leakers are true.

What are some good and/or fun EPTs to put on your ace Protectorate/A-wing/TIE-In pilots that aren't Push the Limmit? It would be nice to use all of the maneuver dial on those ships occasionally.

>Being able to build something like starkiller base is in keeping with Star Wars, not a violation.
>the First Order being able to build some giant mechanical components and sink them into a large moon or something really should not shock us
Not really. I mean, nu-canon sure but not how I always conceptualized Star Wars (and I guess that's a fair argument, just not one I care about).

The massive construction projects that show up from time to time were always the work of hyper-advanced precursor civilizations that have long since become irrelevant, their millennia-old feats of engineering being the last, hidden testaments of ages long past, ages of as-yet-unsurpassed glory. Even Coruscant was originally built by the Gree.

The ONLY exception to this is the Death Star, and to me at least that kind of marked the apex of Coruscant-dominated galactic civilization. It marked (or would have marked) the ascension of Imperial civilization into the pantheon of great civilizations, perhaps the subject of another saga, thousands of years later.

The construction of such a thing was the badge of a truly advanced people in a galaxy of wondrous technology, the culmination of an entire civilization. Now it's just "eh, by hard sci-fi standards it should be possible" but Star Wars was never hard sci-fi, it is science fantasy and these things used to have grander implications than they do now.

So even if you're correct about nu-canon, I can also be of the opinion that this decision is in many ways a step down from Legends.

A heavily modified version of the Star Forge concept, maybe. As far as we know, Starkiller Base was a one-of-a-kind deal and its parts were far, far larger than anything the old Star Forge produced. The Star Forge was built for mass-producing large quantities of disposable, shitty infantry-scale droids and small starships, not custom-ordered parts for planet-sized installations.

>>Starforge = First Order Rebuild
>>Snoke: "Hey Kylo, here's a mask and a legend of a cool fallen Jedi 'for the greater good'!"
>> 'If we preform this ancient planet draining ritual of Dark Side, we'll have a new Starkiller in no time! No, my face wasn't always like this, why do you ask?'

>Yakovlev OKB and Lockheed Martin aren't the same company, that means the Yak-141 and F-35 are totally independent developments

Eclipse, Galaxy Gun, Darksaber, Sun Crusher, Eye of Palpatine, Conqueror, etc, etc.

The First Order is basically as plausible as the Empire of the Hand, or Dalla's miraculous return during the whole Caedus fiasco.

And hey, what if Thrawn survives to be part of the First Order's original hierarchy? Then it's a less-fan-fiction version of EotH. Then it feels like just a rehash, psycho-nazi Empire, rather than "we're the Empire *but soooo much cooler.* Like Fel? We got Fels! Like Thrawn? We gots Cloooones of Thrawn! Oh, and we have all better versions of the Empire's stuff, just all Chissy now (but better than Chiss, but only slightly!)

Lone Wolf
Juke
Predator
Snap Shot
Crack Shot

>>Eclipse

TWO Eclipses!

World Devastators were cool though.

Oh, Death Star Prototype! Ah.... those were the days.

iirc the reason in-universe for the X-Wings was that they were the surplus models that the Resistance was able to buy with the limited operating capacity they had. Hell the shuttle that Leia arrives in was using a B-Wing cockpit and other salvaged parts to make a transport, and looking at the wiki, the NR is flying the T-85 and did phase the T-70s out.

And poor Kylo stuck at PS 6.

That's a good start but I'd like to see something even wilder. I like the black paint job (because I guess that's the only thing the FO has to differentiate themselves) but I wish it said more about them as an organization.

If I were in charge I would portray the FO as being all about hatred/revenge. The Empire had all the prestigious trappings of the British Empire and the idea of bringing peace, order and civilization to the galaxy to fall back on. If I had to salvage the FO concept, I would say they're controlled by people who got massively fucked over by the destruction of the Empire/installation of the New Republic and they just really want to go nuclear.

So the Empire had very tidy, mass-produced ships made of basic shapes because they were all about order and structure, whereas the Rebels were pretty scrappy. I'd make the FO designs all about aggression through asymmetry, harsh angles (like Krennic's shuttle), contrasting colors and a generally rougher silhouette.

>"The biggest, most dangerous, most secret vessel of them all, a supership, a dreadnaught, a battlemoon. One the enemy wouldn't see coming until it was too late."
>Wook's Eye of Palps article
Most of those are just biggerer betterer stakes-raisers by 80s/90s hack authors, I don't care about them.

>And hey, what if Thrawn survives to be part of the First Order's original hierarchy
If Thrawn survived past Jakku, someone would have to answer the question of why Rae Sloane ended up as overall commander of the Imperial Navy instead of Stabby Blue.

What is the Resistance, exactly? Who or what are they resisting if they're more or less the people in power?

F

Yeah, honestly, taking like 30 years for them to make the next super weapon is a goddamn breath of fresh air.

Legends Sheev was like fucking Professor Farnsworth, he had a fucking closet full of doomsday devices in the the back.

Okay, so the argument is now just about your head canon feeling on the universe - which is irrelevant. I leave you to each his own, but we cannot argue if your subjective tonal opinion is better than my subjective tonal opinion.

Really, PS 6?

That's so sad... but makes so much sense. They might bump his skill for his new fighter, got flight training or some ship, but imagine:

>>Kylo, his sparkly new fighter from Ep8
>> 'The Dark Side is my serv-'
>> PS 7, Prototype pilot.
>> PS 9, Stannis Baratheon

>> STAAAAAANNIS!!!

>stuck

There is precedent for not being stuck anywhere, look at Poe.

Well, this was also him in the Upsilon. If he's actually a good pilot in a snubfighter, I could imagine them readjusting his number, like how Poe went from PS8 to PS9. He also has the Elite slot (something Red, Gold and Gray leaders STILL don't have) so you can bump him to 8 with VI.

I know, I'm joking - because it's funny for Kylo. Even more funny when Leia is inevitably a pilot, and hopefully with a PS7. So All his family can be rated higher than him.

The actually in-power people didn't take the threat of the First Order seriously, so the resistance was a not-quite-in-power organisation formed by those that did, basically.

Another superweapon plot isn't a breath of fresh air at all.

>Okay, so the argument is now just about your head canon feeling on the universe - which is irrelevant. I leave you to each his own, but we cannot argue if your subjective tonal opinion is better than my subjective tonal opinion.
As I said, that's fair. I've always felt Star Wars had such a huge variety of material of such differing notability that it was one of the few franchises where you didn't have to take the bad with the good - from the time you bought your first action figures you were making your own Star Wars out of what you liked about it.

I guess that's why TFA disappoints me so much: it's high on the notability index but low on the cool new stuff index.

>Stannis Baratheon

What have I missed here?

I'd be very happy with Episode VIII if it was an Indiana Jones-esque hunt for the Star Forge.

One day, some bad spaze nazi dudes were causing trouble in their neighborhood.

Leia Organa said "that's not cool bro", and nobody in an elected office listened to her, because that's not how you get elected senator or Ord Mcbumfuck for the 15th time in a row.

So she went out to D'Qar, stood upon the tallest hill, and let out a mighty cry, like the song of a Valkyrie, and lo' did all the baddest dudes left with balls in the New Republic descend like angels upon wings of Xs to aid her, and punch space Hitler - because that is way cool.

For protectorates, Attani mind link is fun as hell.

Full C-ROC fan, for people interested, if you haven't seen it yet.

Is it a fair bet to expect another preview on this on monday? I wasn't around for the earlier Huge-reveals, I don't know how they usually go.

>that crappy ass gif
Here, a webm for (you)

Tell me about the rule of two under Palps. How does he reconcile Maul AND Dooku? Who do all the inquisitors not count? How many other red-sabre-toting baddies are there really?

Well, if it's anything like the regular previews, we probably will have to wait until it's closer to release for a proper preview. C-ROC is late Q1 this year, so that's March, it might be until Feb for a full preview.

Well, he thought Maul was dead, so he got Dooku instead.
The inquisitors don't count because they're not actually Sith, just dark side users.
Also he has purposely trained them wrong, as a joke

I'm really supposed to believe that Dooku was only trained for as long as Anakin was between 1 and 2?

Inkys are basically anti-Jedi canaries. If they croak, then they know to send the real shit. Otherwise they're good for killing old people and small children, and occasionally half-ass Jedi like Kanan (before Kanan became a fully assed Jedi).

Maul, being a proper Sith apprentice with like 20+ years of experience being MAD in him was too much for Inquisitors also.

He was a high level Jedi by that point remember

He wasn't a knight, and Dooku was almost a match for Yoda.

Well, yes. He was a member of the jedi order up till then. He quit after qui-gon died

>He wasn't a knight
You are technically correct. He was a master

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about Anakin.

Alright, so if we accept that Palps only ever had Maul, Dooku, then Vader one at a time, how was Dooku allowed to have Ventress, Savage Opress, and Vos as his own apprentices?