/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

TRUE! Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fuck Witch Hunter Edition!
No seriously, fuck that guy, he's an asshole.
So either lets talk about Witches, such as what you've played, experienced, or what kind of witch you wanna build,
Or someone post the DHB Unchained Martial classes just so we can look at them, and also to specifically spite witch hunter.

Because seriously, fuck that loser, I hope he breaks his legs.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

What's the most important item to buy with my 3000 gold as a melee Paladin? +1 Greatsword?

What level?
Because if you're just level 3, there are better spending options considering a +1 weapon will eat a large chunk of your budget

Exactly

PoW was flavor of the year, but now we are disillusioned with it and we have realized that it was made by people who had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

DSP shilling without their trips on was probably the turning point.

OP here.
And fuck you to you shit garggling cunt nozzle

Go away, you're as much of a shitposter as kitsunefag and witch hunter

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than post your obnoxious meme every thread?

Oh, wait, I already know the answer, you don;t because you are a sad and pathetic NEET with no life

Yeah, level 3

What's your reccomendation? I can't buy armor

Are you just talking about a suite of wands and scrolls?

I've decided not to be petty. I'll post your witches, OP.

A Masterwork weapon,
A backup weapon
your usual kit of things
Any other miscellaneous utility items as appropriate
muleback cords
Perhaps some other minor wonderous items, like feather charms

Also, why can't you buy armor? because usually I make sure I have a decent set of armor.

Also, if your game will not focus on events that will precipitate the use of non-combat items and supplies, then I guess you could go for the +1 greatsword

I'm pretty sure the "shilling" has long since been dead, the only thing left is telling people like you who scream about the damage and only the damage to fuck off. Seriously, I'm the person who wants to be in a PoW-less game and I think you're being an enormous bitch about the whole thing. Just because I said I didn't want a thing doesn't mean you have to immediately do your spiel on why "yea you don't want thing, that's great because thing is TOTALLY AWFUL and has absolutely NO REDEEMING QUALITIES, AMIRITE GUYS? EH, EHHHH?"

The "it's not really a problem that a 5th level DPS character can deal 150 damage in a round" argument happened again, and I was a little late for it.

Usually when I post this image, the DSP shilling dies out and we can talk about pathfinder for once.

Witches and Liches

>anyone who like DSP is a shill
>When I post the image it means I r smart, and not because people decided to abandon any attempt of intellectual communication because everyone realizes I'm a huge shitposter and an idiot who wil do nothing but scream SHILL SHILL SHILL at everything

cut off your fingers and eat a cockroach you vacuous shitmonger!

What Patron should I give a Coven of Ley Line Guardian Witches, hmm?

They'll be attempting to summon it into reality.

Are there any good multiclass/prestige class options for witches? I'm finding monoclass builds to be rather boring for me lately.

It might just be that I'm a permanent DM most of the time, but I'm finding i really hate dead time more than i enjoy having a spotlight, so I like to have a character that can do a bit of everything.

Winter Witch is practically built for witches

>experienced

Our witch keeps getting set ablaze. It's pretty irritating.

Typical hot headed witches. Never knowing when to keep out of others prejudices. Next thing you know they will be accusing others without a spectral of evidence.

Why can't you buy armor?

I'd say go with but also consider some potions if you're worried things might go bad, though as a paladin you probably can heal yourself.

Consider something for roleplay elements, if you feel like an item might bring more to your character. Like a pocketed scarf or a holy symbol that can hold a vial of alcohol or poison or something.

What's this a bout a witch hunter anyway?

Calm down dude. We can be civil.

full casters like the witch are generally bad to multiclass. I recommend playing an alchemist, inquisitor, warpriest, etc.

It seems a bit limited to ice and it requires the Winter Witch archetype anyway, right?

Is there like, a pathfinder shopping cart program I'm not aware of? Trying to maximize my budget requires having like 15 tabs open at once. I must be doing something wrong

Well, the thing is she's one of the apps to one of the pfg games, and shilling her feels like a bad idea. Suffice to say, the build isn't actually proficient in armor.

>We can be civil.
You've already proven in the past that you are incapable, so I've given up on doing so as well

I've usually mixed wizard for things like Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knight. Witch seemed like it wouldn't work as well for those, though.

Did NEET become a real insult now? I thought using that sad label that impugns the user more than the target was a Japan and U.K. thing the rest of the world shamefacedly pretended not to hold against them on a cultural level.

See? You just were. Progress!

Exactly. Hexes are a huge part of what a witch is, and you need them to scale or you just aren't competitive. I highly recommend a 6th level caster because almost all of them are very fun to play and very versatile.

>she's one of the apps to one of the pfg games,

I don't follow.

I'll think that over, thanks user.

I'm working on the character sheet for my character I applied to one of the games that cropped up in here.

There are a few lists of essentials to have at various levels and all around useful gear. Most of it loses its value after a certain point but for immersion it is nice to have.

Right, but why would a Paladin lack armor?

Getting it from other abilities

Looks like this thread is taking an elven turn.

What's a good way to die heroically in Osirion?

Locked in combat with the guardian of an ancient tomb
slaying a dreaded mummy lord
Fighting in service of the Ruby Prince, that he may revive you as a member of his honor guard
Single handedly fending off a horde of bandits to protect a trade caravan
Fighting an army of Werecrocodiles
Fighting a CE Awakened Dire Hippo with class levels

Fighting an immortal vampire with a god complex, and determining the truth of his powers/weakness, and giving that information to your comrades before your death

>Fighting a CE Awakened Dire Hippo with class levels

>lostcroc.webm

Here is my houserule:

There is always a suprise round. If you are suprised, you skip it.

Is this a stupid idea?

Define surprised.

as in OoC surprised?

failed-the-perception-check-they-got-the-drop-on-you surprised.

>tfw join game thinking it's one thing
>tfw game starts and it's something else entirely
>tfw you're not having fun
>tfw you're not roleplaying like you can
>tfw your character's function, their purpose, their goals, are utterly worthless or defunct in this new vision
>tfw struggle as hard as I can to make the character click, but it just isn't working

If this wasn't a high-profile /pfg/ campaign I would've quit already. God dammit.

Talk to the DM and bow out? Let someone else who is a better fit come in?

What's a good way to build relationships with other characters after the campaign starts? Right now we're all connected to one guy, like spokes or a web. We really need to branch out, but it's tough when one character has such high CHA.

Is this HV? Tell us about it, give me your spot.

I was going to do this later tonight, I just wanted to vent a little of my sheer frustration. Not at the campaign - everyone else is bloody fantastic, but at my inability to actually adapt or join in on the activities.

Some things don't jive with some people. People are different. It's a good thing. Find what you love and chase it!

>Two /pfg/s
>One is kitsuneposter bullshit
>The other is some dipshit who somehow manages to be just as annoying as the witch hunt user he rails against
>MFW

That's pretty much how it works anyway.

If no one is surprised there is just no surprise round

The first roudn of combat is a standard action only?

oh hai witch hunter

That's the thing, this *should* jive with me. But it's not. Oh my god is it not.

...what isn't jiving?

No, but if no one gets surprised, everyone skips the surprise round

Nope: for my houserule: If no-one is suprised, then everyone is in the suprise round, and everyone gets a standard action.

Good or bad idea?

My character with the plot. The plot itself. The other characters. My character. Everything isn't falling in place like it normally does, maybe voice is and always has been a better medium for me.

Are you sure you aren't having general anxiety?

... Maybe? Things have been rough since the first, and I can't see them getting any better. From where I'm standing, someone far more deserving of the slot should get in rather than me, I can't offer anything someone can't offer better.

It's not terrible.

post your face when the party member capable of saving you from a TPK by allowing the spirit in his body to take temporary control says no to the spirit and you all die

Talk to the players and the GM. What makes you think you are not meshing?

It's the kinks isn't it?

What are the arguments for and against Path of War being overpowered?

The benchmark here is Paizo's tier 3s, the campaign assumes an Adventure Path (seems like those are what's popular anyway), in a game starting from level 1 (because APs always start from level 1).

I love the kinks, actually.

>What makes you think you are not meshing?

The fact I'm a lame duck in the roleplay whenever it happens? Seriously, I'm usually the guy that takes a large-and-in-charge approach to things, but this guy's been spending most of his time on the sidelines giving the occasional quip. It's like I'm not even there, and I can't see things changing in the near or even far future.

Level 5: 150 damage pounce every other turn forever. If you aren't a PoW you might as well be a wizard or just not show up.

Path of War only really goes off the rails at level 5 or so. Before then, it's not as strong as things like Color Spray or Sleep.

>I deal 30 damage a turn at level 2 and have over 25 AC and I can trip things at reach.
>this is fine.

There is nothing wrong with being an audience member. Are you having fun? If you feel you should not be on the sidelines talk to people and see what can be done. Do you have an IRC?

Welp this is the true /pfg/ now.

That is a very cute Elf!

For: You do a whole lot of damage. Those numbers of yours are really big.
Against: Getting through combat faster is only a measure of power within combat. If you're not just hacking your way through waves of monsters then PoW is no more powerful than a well optimized barbarian.

>There is nothing wrong with being an audience member

There is *everything* wrong with being an audience member. If you're just there to occasionally swing your sword or say a quip or three while everyone else develops relationships and get all close and friendly with each other, that's a huge waste of an afternoon and a sign you're not doing the right thing.

>Are you having fun?

No, hell no.

Tell me PFG what's your favorite module or adventure path? That one plot(s) that was entertaining the whole way through

>double the damage record of a autistic barbarian
Barbarians are already almost a problem. PoW just destroys any semblance of encounter design.

>A Barbarian with a Lucerne

Different people are different. And depending on how many people there are it can be a boon rather than a hindrance.

Are others sitting out? If you are not having fun the first step is talking to the GM and the Players. The second would be sticking through, maybe you find your groove? The last would be bowing out.

>deal 30 damage a turn
>vs kill instantly in an aoe every turn

Elaborate please? I missed the original thread.

And as I said, if the game extends past encounter design then it ceases to be a problem.

user, you're precious and I must protect you.

Please talk to GM. I bet if you work together, there's a way to have fun!

Something must be wrong with me then, I quite enjoy my softspoken Soul Knife that only joins the conversation when she's asked to, and is content to just be an observer.

>15 foot cone
>35% chance of doing literally nothing
>three times a day.

>if the game extends past the part with the nmubers and the monster manual and 95% of the fucking rules it isn't a problem.
No, actually it still is. Because PoW can't do anything old martials couldn't.

>for
MUH DAMAGES! MUH BOOSTS!
>Against
You still have the same results a competantly built martial will have regardless, and Strikes aren't the problem, its full attacking which is generally your go-to for damage still. All Strikes do is give you either an extra way to do maneuvers, or apply rider effects to your attacks. or actually be able to move around and attack, or actually have incentive to shield-bash.

PoW raises the optimization floor, and makes different playstyles actual enjoyable, all the damage bloat is stuff that is basically still a problem even in the Paizo Pathfinder

Have another cute elf!

>Lucerne
>Not Greatsword or Earth Breaker
Laughingbellcurve.jpeg

>Are others sitting out?

No? Everyone else is posting fairly regularly and having what seems to be a lot of fun enjoying the intrigue or getting comfy while I'm sitting here just twiddling my thumbs.

>If you are not having fun the first step is talking to the GM and the Players. The second would be sticking through, maybe you find your groove?

That's what I'll be doing soon enough, and then sitting long and hard to see if trying to work on my happiness is worth blocking out someone's potential happiness if they joined where I left.

>user, you're precious and I must protect you.

You can't protect me, I'm not even precious.

Those feel like they got reversed; I consider it a benefit that full-attacks and "I boost, move, strike, and next turn I counter" can work on the same character. Full-attack-as-a-standard Strikes are cancer though.

>raises the floor
>150 damage pounce at level 5
jesus christ

I want to snuggle with that Elf in the grass, giving her cute little kisses and passionately groping her chest until the points are sharp enough to cute glass!

He said Reach, and Lucerne is one of the best options for Barbarians to have reach

Do any of the people who applied for both Molthune and RotJR have a plan for if they get into both? Try to fit both into your schedule? Drop one? Which one would you drop?

Again, please explain? Or is "muh 150 damage" a meme?

Tyran is this you? Or are you Marshall?

Oh I didn't see reach

Yeah Lucerne Hammers are p. good

Di/Seht here. I doubt I'll get into both but I think I'd withdraw from Molthune.

And what's all that damage doing against a foe, user? What is all that extra damage doing? This isn't Final Fantasy 10, where you get more XP for doing overkill damage; it's not like your damage overflows and spontaneously explodes the next mook over. All that extra damage means nothing other than "so this guy can't be revived". And if you kill an enemy that's a higher CR, guess what? He probably wasn't alone, there's 2 or 3 more around and they're going to attack you; remember, you get ONE counter a turn, unless you're a high enough leveled Warder, and then you can do it unlimited for ONE TURN.

I miss when elves were fey instead of space alien.
Probably my least favourite lore decision PF made.