Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New HQs Are Balanced Despite Having Better Stats Than Riptides edition

Last Thread: →

>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Doom out for ride watcher)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RLPG88u3lM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the last line of Greyfax's power say? Can't make it out

>Better Stats Than Riptides
Yeah, in melee.

xth for cawl is fine but riptides are still op

Xeno and Chaosfags btfo

Basically for WC3 it's a 12" bubble instead as long as they're not vehicles.

>a year of sick releases, bundles that actually over savings, revival of hobby, old classics
>GW revenue up 15 million GBP year over year
haters gonna hate but oh man

"Alternatively you can attempt to manifest this power at Warp Charge 3 (decide before rolling). If you do *staticintensifies* enemy non-vehicle units within 12" of the caster."

I want to have Celestine's babies

>riptide has ap2 in melee
>celestine doesn't
SoB'S BLOWN FUCK OUT!

Triumvirate of the Imperium (Formation)
Belisarius Cawl, Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax.
Friendly Army of the Imperium units within 12" of two or more Triumvirate models get Stubborn and auto-pass Pinning tests. If they are within 12" of all 3 models they get Fearless instead (Geminae don't count as models for this rule.
If one of the Triumvirate is the Warlord, then all 3 of the models get to use their Warlord Trait.

Conclave Acquisitorius (Formation)
Belisarius Cawl, 1-2 Battle Maniples or 1 War Cohort, 1 Holy Requistioner, 0-1 Cohort Cybernetica, 0-1 Numinous Conclave, 1-2 Imperial Knights or 1 Baronial Court
Everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
Each Character may upgrade one of their weapons (except relics) to have Master-Crafted
If the formation has the maximum number of units, everything gets Doctrina Imperitives

Walkers aren't vehicles you idiot.

Same power on every non-vehicle unit within 12".

Those points cost are fucking disgustingly low. Why the fuck couldnt my Thousand Sons be costed like that? Fuck GW for letting two SW fanboys write WoM.

Wrathful Crusade (Formation)
Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax, 1 Space Marine Captain, 0-1 Sternguard, 2-4 Crusader Squads, 1-2 Assault Squads, 1 Militarum Tempestus Platoon. All Space Marine must have Black Templar Chapter Tactics
Everything gets Crusader
If the formation has the max number of units, everyone gets Zealot
All units can re-roll failed Charge rolls. If you roll 10 or more for your charge range, you get Furious Charge.

Grand Convocation Detachment:
Units can be drawn from Codex Astra Militarum, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Agents, Imperial Knights or Skitarii. The available units are restricted to mainly the ones from Codex: Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus and Imperial Knights though. Enginseers are the only Guard unit you can take
HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
All Vehicles get It Will Not Die. If they are within 12" of any HQ from the detachment, they also get Power of the Machine Spirit
If the formation hast the max number of units (except troops, since you can take unlimited lol...) then everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait

>4000 point games: The Formation

Fuck that shit

T-this is bait, right...?

Is there any way to model the Foreworld Gargantuan Creature Daemon characters without their weapons?

>Celestine doesn't have ap2

good thing the meta is full of terminators

No, Walkers are Monstrous Creatures now.

Greyfax confirmed for worse than Coteaz. Shoulda made her 100 points or something, that would be in line with how overpowered and underpriced everything in the game currently is.

>Wrathful Crusade (Formation)

2big4me though the bonus is cool.

Castellans of the Imperium Detachment
Units can be drawn from basically any Army of Imperium codex and their supplements. There's literally big lists of units you can take for each slot, which at a quick glance seems to basically include everything besides unique characters (aside from Black Templar, Adepta Sororitas and Inquisition unique characters though, which can be taken. Pask and Yarrick too). Interestingly enough, Codex: Inquisition and Codex: Adepta Sororitas are listed alongside Codex: Imperial Agents as available sources. That should clear that debate right up.
HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
All units get Hatred. If you have the max number of units, except troops, everyone gets Zealot
Each time a Troops Choice is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 5+ an identical unit immediately goes into Ongoing Reserve, and counts as a unit from this detachment (so it can potentially be recycled again later)

>Denies Magnus on 4's
>Fuck Infiltrators in a 24" bubble
>complains she is 150
Get fucked.

The amount of fucking flash on these guardsmen are insane, and make me want to pull my hair out due to making sure each one is moldline free. Holy fucking hell is this normal?

Making Genestealer Cult Neophytes btw.

just rip them off, but it'd be a waste

Two of the four missions in the book are to play them in apocalypse format

Exactly, just take a sample of any of the walkers fielded today.
Riptides, ghost keels, dread knights, kastelans...

The list goes on.

>even if hat-candle fails Tau unit can't overwatch

What is with GW's fetish for these 5000 point formations?

Greyfax is hilariously squishy and isn't much more than a support model but her model alone makes her worth fielding.

for old kits it kind of is, but new kits never have the issue. The molds break down after a while.

Guardsmen are from 2002 if I recall.

The new neophyte box is awesome, but I suppose some people prefer the look of cadians.

Are most Chaos Astartes, Traitor Guardsmen and Cultists technically Mutant to a degree if they've set up camp in the Eye or some other Warp Storm?

did you just start playing this year or something? literally all models were like this in 2012

>mfw Belisarus Cawl will be my first Admech model ever
>mfw Iron Hand tactics all day every day

>>Denies Magnus on 4's

You won't deny a Tzeentch player anything.

>>Fuck Infiltrators in a 24" bubble

Servo skulls lol.

It's full of TEQs though.

Finally an easy way to add Mordian and Preatorians to my SoB.

Nice

What are his Canticles of the archmagos?

>not using her model as another Inquisitor

hue

Hey it's that Emperors Children user, just thought I'd show you what I got done this evening.

Most of those walkers would still be effective if you turned their toughness into all three armour sides, turned their wounds into hullpoints and took away the vehicle damage chart.

Grand Convocation Detachment seems ike the new base for my admech, 2 tech preist Eng. and either a Dominous or crawl. then skitarii units

Does this include Grey Knights?

>2+ armor save
>even has a 3++ like a storm shield
>can deep strike

That Tau guy was right! Some TEQ can't even DS!

higher point games means you gotta buy more models to field it. They also know that you are more likely to buy kits and expand an army if you already have at least a few units for them (in for a penny in for a pound syndrome), so they make sure the really big formations draw from more than one codex.

Nah, Guardsman are just a really old kit, unfortunately. That's one of the problem with older models.

Honestly, I want them to get the FW guardsmen treatment, but in plastic.

So, that Night Lords guy from two threads back. I did a little bit more work, amd I agree, that the Chapter should be a bit more of a outcast. Although, I like the idea that the Night Lord's focus on vindication and revenge fets passed onto the newer recruits, and this in turn gives them a popularity amongst other Imperials, ironically enough. I also like the idea of some Inquisitor somehow stumbling onto their secret, and now has the Chapter by the rope.

I don't know. I kinda want to see some with some other weapons like Angrath with a giant set of claws or the Lord of Change one with a giant book.

This is great because the same Cadian supplement rules are in the Montka campaign books. Montka takes place on a planet that isn't Cadia.

The people writing these rules likely have huge armies by now.

>any army that contains Celestine (or is from a Wrathful Crusade formation or Castallens of the Imperium detachment) lets characters take items from the new Ecclesiarchy Relics list. Choices include a 35pt Eternal Warrior relic, 15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves, a 35pt relic that gives a 4+ invuln save and stops Deep Strikes within 12" (if they scatter within 12", auto mishap!) and a 30pt Power Sword that on a pass Ld Test becomes S+2, AP2.

Oh and give them an armour save. One that can be taken away with the right AP but otherwise works as any other saves on vehicles. Actually do this and give them back the Vehicle damage chart.

i hope you like converting, green stuffing, and pinning then

anyone ?

codex imperial agents for grey knights

fuck if I know, those look like they come from assembly instructions, not Fall of Cadia. People have been dropping text wargear and special rules all night, though.

I've forgotten the names for them
>Give IWND
>Give 2 rolls on IWND
>Give 3 rolls on IWND

>6+ Invul
>5+ Invul
>4+ Invul

>+1 bs
>+2 bs
>+3 bs

>S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves

Is that supposed to be used against Celestine or something?

>CAWL
>200pts
my fucking omnissiah, this is Scoria levels of bullshit

>15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves

[heavy breathing]

Assuming 8+

3 IWND rolls canticle

+3 BS Canticle

4+ Invuln canticle

Yes. The amount of Chaos Corruption in the Warp can kill lesser men.

That's adorable. I assume that's an edit?

>Conclave Acquisitorius (Formation)
>Belisarius Cawl, 1-2 Battle Maniples or 1 War Cohort, 1 Holy Requistioner, 0-1 Cohort Cybernetica, 0-1 Numinous Conclave, 1-2 Imperial Knights or 1 Baronial Court
>Everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
>Each Character may upgrade one of their weapons (except relics) to have Master-Crafted
>If the formation has the maximum number of units, everything gets Doctrina Imperitives

>Grand Convocation Detachment:
>Units can be drawn from Codex Astra Militarum, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Agents, Imperial Knights or Skitarii. The available units are restricted to mainly the ones from Codex: Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus and Imperial Knights though. Enginseers are the only Guard unit you can take
>HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
>All Vehicles get It Will Not Die. If they are within 12" of any HQ from the detachment, they also get Power of the Machine Spirit
>If the formation hast the max number of units (except troops, since you can take unlimited lol...) then everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
>Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait

Disappointing. The bonuses don't seem worth the restrictions when you can still just take a War Convo.

Well I've been eying GSC since they were revealed last year because the concept and lore about em are awesome as fuck, so finding out that GW made it to where you could convert Guardsmen into em was good for me because I have a shit load of unassembled guardsmen, it's just annoying as hell having to remove all these mold lines, like fuck. I won't be adding anymore guardsmen neophytes to my GSC army, just the ones I have, here on out it's all the actual Neophyte and GSC stuff.

eBay or Craigslist your shit away if you're sick of it. Otherwise paint your complete models and acquire the rest in bits lots or from bits merchants on eBay.

15 points if you are Sororitas or are in a special formation. 215 points for ANY CHARACTER IN THE IMPERIUM because you need to also field Celestine in the army.

Grand Convocation isn't meant to replace War Convocation, its meant to make Imperial heavy support great again.

the rest of the question though, like is there any point getting into a hobby where I am being fucked coming and going ? wheres the fun part ?

St Celestine:
* 200pts, comes with her 2 Geminae Superia included.
* 5wounds, up from 3 otherwise her statline is the same.. AND SHE HAS ETERNAL WARRIOR!!! (technically she doesn't have the Shield of Faith special rule any more, and neither do the Geminae, but Celestine gets Adamantium Will to make up for it)
* The Ardent Blade now has the Armourbane rule, otherwise the same.
* Celestine gets a once per game Orbital Barrage called The Emperor's Vengeance! Range Unlimited, S8, AP3, Assault 1, Barrage, Large Blast, Orbital.
* Geminae Superia are WS5, BS4, S3, T3, I4, 2W, 2A, 3+ Armour
* Celestine can join units along with her Geminae!!
* Geminae have Divine Guardian rule. This gives them a 4+ Invuln, and whilst any of them are alive all wounds against Celestine are resolved against the closest Geminae instead!
* Healing Tears: At the start of each of your turns, set up a single slain Geminae anywhere within 2" of Celestine! Looks like mum isn't the only one who can come back from the dead!
* Miraculous Intervention is unchanged from the ebook, other than that it specifies she can use Healing Tears to bring a Geminae back to life on the turn she 'resurrects'

Truly this is evidence that following the omnissiah is the only true way.

* Saintly Blessings: Celestine can give a 12" radius buff to friendly non-vehicle Army of the Imperium units at the start of each of your turns. Each buff can only be used once per game, and affect units based on their Battlefield Role (independent chars get effected as long as they stay in the unit):
HQ Units: Zealot until the start of the next turn
Troops: FNP 6+ until the start of next turn. If models already have FNP, they get a +1 bonus to FNP instead...
Elites: Counter-Attack and Furious Charge until start of next turn
Fast Attack: Crusader and Fleet until start of next turn
Heavy Support: Relentless until start of next turn
Lord of War: It Will Not Die for the rest of the game.
In addition to all that, any army that contains Celestine (or is from a Wrathful Crusade formation or Castallens of the Imperium detachment) lets characters take items from the new Ecclesiarchy Relics list. Choices include a 35pt Eternal Warrior relic, 15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves, a 35pt relic that gives a 4+ invuln save and stops Deep Strikes within 12" (if they scatter within 12", auto mishap!) and a 30pt Power Sword that on a pass Ld Test becomes S+2, AP2.

Except it appears the only vehicles it can take in Heavy Support are crabtanks, which can already access IWND through free wargear in the War Convo.

Not until IA14 because lol if you think I'm going to use GW's ugly ass plastic robots.

The fun part is painting/fighting is fun. If its not fun, just leave. Hell, just throw all your shit in the dumpster or drop it off at a GW store for them to give away and move on with your life.

Relics:

Arcana Mechanicum - Characters that can normally take a relic and are part of a Conclave Acquistorius Formation, Grand Concavaction Detachment or are in an army that includes Belsarius Cawl can take these:
Numinasta's Casket of Electromancy (30pts) - Once per game, can fire this instead of another ranged weapon. Automatically targets and hits all enemy units (including Flyers and Flying Monstrous Creatures) within range, regardless of LoS. Range: 2d6", S3, AP -, Assault 1, Haywire, One Use Only.
Quantum Annihilator (30pts) - Replaces a weapon. Range: 18", S 2d6, AP2, Assault D3, Quantum Paradox - Each time it fires, roll 2d6 to determine strength after target unit has been chosen. If it rolls above 10, it wounds automatically with Instant Death rule (or is an auto Pen against vehicles)
Sacrifactum Autorepulsor (15pts) - Enemies charging the bearer or their unit suffer a -2 Charge Penalty that stacks with any other penalty
Memento-Mortispex (30pts) - At the start of each of your turns, choose a rule to apply to the bearer and their unit (or weapons as appropriate): Cognis Weapons (BS2 snapfire, Flamers do 3 hits rather than d3 with Wall of Death in overwatch), Monster Hunter, Skyfire or Tank Hunter
Omnissiah's Grace (10pts) - Bearer has 6+ Invulnerable Save. If they already had an Invulnerable Save, they get a +1 to their Invulnerable to a max of 3+.
Saint Curia's Autopurger (25pts) - Models charging the bearer and their unit do not get extra attacks for charging. All models that are locked in combat with the bearer and their unit must pass a Toughness test at I10 step, or suffer 1 Wound for each test failed (can take saves as normal).

>so autistic you need someone to tell you to quit something if you don't find it fun or worthwhile

It does say that you might be able to pull units from AM

relics:

Ecclesiarchy Relics - Characters that can normally take a relic and are part of a Wrathful Crusade Formation, Castellans of the Imperium Detachment or are in an army that includes Celestine can take one of these relics.
Skull of Petronella the Pious (30pts) - Bearer, and all models in a unit they join, have a 6+ Invuln.
Blade of the Worthy (30pts) - replaces a melee weapon. S User / +2, AP3 / 2, Melee, Divine Fury: At the start of the Fight Sub-phase, the bearer makes a Ld test. If they pass, the sword uses the second profile for the duration of the phase.
Castigator (15pts) - Range: 12", S4, AP2, Pistol, Unstoppable Vengeance: Invulnerable saves cannot be taken against wounds caused by Castigator
The Font of Fury (10pts) - Once per game, the bearer can use this instead of another ranged weapon. Range: 8", S3, AP-, Assault 1, Large Blast, Poison 4+, One Use Only, Bane of Evil: becomes Poison 2+ against enemy units with Chaos Space Marine, Chaos Demon or Khorne Demonkin faction
Shroud of the Anti-Martyr (35pts) - Bearer has Eternal Warrior
Desvalle's Holy Circle (35pts) - Bearer has a 4+ Invulnerable. Enemy units cannot Deep-Strike within 12" of the bearer. If they scatter within 12" of the Bearer, they suffer an automatic Deep Strike Mishap.

>0-6 FA
>six Dom Squads
>0-6 HS
>six Exorcists

Sistsers 2500

Celestine 200

6x
Dominion x5 170
Melta x4
Immolator TLMM

4x
Battle Sisters x5
Flamer Heavy Flamer
Immolator TLMM

6x
Exorcist

>Quantum Annihilator (30pts) - Replaces a weapon. Range: 18", S 2d6, AP2, Assault D3, Quantum Paradox - Each time it fires, roll 2d6 to determine strength after target unit has been chosen. If it rolls above 10, it wounds automatically with Instant Death rule (or is an auto Pen against vehicles)

Nigga you what

* Saintly Blessings: Celestine can give a 12" radius buff to friendly non-vehicle Army of the Imperium units at the start of each of your turns. Each buff can only be used once per game, and affect units based on their Battlefield Role (independent chars get effected as long as they stay in the unit):
HQ Units: Zealot until the start of the next turn
Troops: FNP 6+ until the start of next turn. If models already have FNP, they get a +1 bonus to FNP instead...
Elites: Counter-Attack and Furious Charge until start of next turn
Fast Attack: Crusader and Fleet until start of next turn
Heavy Support: Relentless until start of next turn
Lord of War: It Will Not Die for the rest of the game.

I found it fun once, seeing that there is so many barriers to enjoying it now I wondered where the draw is.

But you know what, if the game is populated by people like you I'll just give them away to some random autist in the store.

I appreciate you helping me come to this conclusion user.

I know its that simple but its hard letting go of something I used to enjoy so much, thanks for being chill though dude.

30pts for what averages out to a plasma caliver with 1 less shot but no gets hot. Meh.

>Do you like it?
No
>Do you want to like it again?
No

See? Not that hard. Stop being autism.

>three super friendly characters for your super friends list
>not only do you get to bring them in any army you wish
>they bring their entire bag of toys for your characters to play with!
Yay for super friends!

Seeing as you can take him as a hq for any imperium army does this mean you can now technically take a skittles CAD?

Mate, you have some seriously thin skin to be triggered over someone on a Mongolian Underwater Basket Weaving Forum Where The First Letter Of Every Word In It's Title Is In Caps Except The Last one.

But seriously man, just do what you want. I personally find it fun to paint, but not build tbqh, I hate that mostly. But I have to do it though, so eh.

Anyways, the hobby has always been expensive, but thanks to based Roundtree new stuff and (slightly) lower prices are happening. Things are going up.

Cawl

Fucking unbelievable for 200pts

Don't let sunk cost fallacy stop you from quitting if it's no longer fun. Quit if you're going to quit don't hang around and suffer through it just because you mistakenly think you shouldn't quit.

I think that the weapons are really tempting but are ultimately a points trap. You're not going to drop points on an HQ unit to shoot at 12-18", and you're not going to close distance with an HQ unit unless you intend to charge something with it anyway - at which point, the other relics would serve better purpose.

Hit too close to home, kiddo?

No, I don't think it works that way

Because Thousand Sons sucks.

They really are just making not!AoS, aren't they...

Instead of having 4 overarching factions, we get super FoC that can include other factions.

Could you put the Quantum Annihilator on an Enginseer?

youtube.com/watch?v=8RLPG88u3lM

I'm not triggered, part of me just wanted to be talked back into the community, but I got my answer either way.

Yeah I get a lot of fun out of painting too, but its a lot of time to invest in something that just sits there, hence why I wanted to know a little more about the community.

Ahh well, some wide eyed kid full of wonder will get a couple thousand points of crons/iron warriors at royal mile on sat, I'll enjoy the karma at least.

so this is the true power of brexit