Feels Thread

Share your Veeky Forums related feels.

>Babby's first dice disappeared a couple of years ago, searched everywhere for them.
>Ended up accepting I'd never find them and buying more dice.
>Recently find them (they were in a scarcely used closet) and start using them again.
>d20 kept its penchant for rolling high when I need it most.
>Already saved us from two near TPKs in the past few months (entire party was knocked out, I got back up from rolling well on death saves and managed to finish enemies off).
>Getting nostalgia from when I first started playing.
>Feelsgoodman.

I have no feels to contribute, but I'm going to give you a bump because this thread has potential.

>eager to show up and run games
>group is good friends, eager to work with me
>don't have to worry about rules lawyers or autists screeching the moment I depart from published material
>friend on east coast night shift willing to wake up in the middle of his 'night' to play
>writing little side-plots and solosessions for the PCs to pursue on the side
>don't spend all week going "Fuck, I'm going to have to run again on Sunday...", spend it wishing Sunday was sooner

Golly, this is nice. I'd forgotten how much fun it could be.

>Have no one to play tabletop with
>never played before in my life but desperately want to
>go on a game finder thread for shit and giggles
>some guy needed one more rando for his campaign
>join and play every week
>so much fucking fun
>2 and 1/2 years later
>the campaign is still going on, stretched across multiple campaigns and timelines
>I've driven across multiple states to hang out with them for a weekend, they've done the same for me
>like all five of them cram in a car and drive 7 hours just to hang out with my lame ass
>Two of them are getting married and we're all the groomsman for one of them
>and we still play every week

Guys, this is the fucking greatest thing in the world. I God damn love Veeky Forums

Bump. I love complaining add much as the rest of you, but you gotta do the other thing from time to time too.

>Running a game like usual.
>Decide to do something a little different and actually prepare a game instead of a loose guideline.
>Game is astral fantasy
>Put some elbow grease into explaining what's going on.
>Player comments on the scenery during boss fight.
>Good feels.

Seshi is a cute, have you considered Mad Sorcerer though?

That sounds cozy as fuck user, I'm glad you found such a good group.

>astral fantasy
Is that like a fantasy setting but in space? Space elves, magic and that sort? Sounds lit.

>been doubting my DMing skills
>find running the game to be a chore
>have to muster up the will to prep for the next session
>after that game, a player thanks me for DMing

>Brother asks me to DM for him and his friends
>They're totally new to the game and I'm expecting they'll just quit after a session or two
>Nope, brother is actually invested in learning how to play
>Even buys D&D - related books
>Turns out he has some friends who want to play as well
We're starting up Storm King's Thunder on Sunday.

And
>Join first PbP game
>Complete nooblet
>Two years later I'm the DM of said game and actually have a moderately good reputation on the site
>Original GM messages me a thank you for keeping the game up and running
Sometimes it's all worth it.

I don't know if qualify, but well
>bought WFRP 2 ed. book like 10 years ago
>friends who suppose play with me said meh, it's lame
Timeskip
>Found a group yesterday
>Talked with DM, pretty cool guy
>He said it's cool, he lost his book but still has most of supplements
>I will bring it on friday
>I will finally play WFRP
>My book finally will be used
I feel warm inside
Also, still have my first set of dices. Never used.

>have same feel
fuck

Good luck user!

>freshman in college
>looking at options for sophomore housing, have a specific place in mind
>my D&D group from the floor below me comes up to ask where I'm looking
>they say I'm a huge determining factor on where they decide to go
This feeling is gonna carry me all week.

>When I was a teen, bought all the 3rd Edition D&D books I could get my hands on.
>never had anyone to play with besides my little brother
>played 1-on-1 games with him
>would often just worldbuild but didn't have enough people for a whole group
>kept all the notes and maps
>years later, start running campaigns in the setting
>keep running games and adding to the setting based on what I run for games
>Now, just finished a 2-year campaign that took my group through dozens of characters and 10 in-game years. Everyone loves the setting and story. My friends constantly asking me lore about miscellaneous things and 9 times out of 10 I have an answer. About to start a new campaign with the same group in the same setting
>have a short comic almost done set in the setting, and another one on the horizon, with art by my brother who's been with it since the start
>look back on my humble origins and feel like I've achieved the D&D dream

Feels?
Sure.
Nobody said they had to be good feels.

>going through dark times, start building DnD world to cope/escape
>gather enough spoons and money to head to FLGS.
>sit in corner, write and skulk.
>a wild nerdlette appears
>small talk, blah blah, ask what I'm writing.
>obvious nerd, w/e I'll spill
> start describing homebrew, genuine interest showed
>nerdlette mentions her sisters boyfriend loves DnD, suggests game.
>sisters bf is OLD lost friend
>run short game in homebrew world turns into 18hr marathon.
>much fun all around.

The feels here is that, I guess for all my fuckups, I managed to create one good thing in the world. Something that makes people happy with no consequences, and that one thing just happened to be the only thing a had at one point. The only thing standing between me and a hole in the ground.

>innerpeace.jpeg

I made an NPC in a campaign

I made this NPC intentionally doe-eyed, gentle and weak-willed, but exceptionally competent.

One of my players is really good at roleplaying his manipulative bastard character. The NPC's skillset happened to be well-suited to that character's goals.

The obvious outcome ensues, but then it gets interesting. The player messages me after the session and tells me that he feels like a colossal asshole for pressuring the NPC and he wants me to stop, or at least ease up, because it is legitimately making him feel like a terrible person even when he stops being in-character. He confesses that he is reevaluating his opinion on the character as a person, doesn't idealise that character anymore, and that he has probably fallen closer to the evil end of the spectrum than he had intended.

There's no greater Veeky Forums feel than being able to elicit a genuine emotional response with your NPCs.

Roll redemption arc motherfucker.

You know you want to.

I got together for a Traveller game thanks to Veeky Forums. It's lewd and weeby but the people in the group seem far more into roleplaying over rollplaying than any other group I've been in.

Good on ya guys.

>Finish first campaign with friends who have no background in D&D, only played with me because we were friends
>Game was for the most part a no plot no problem game, none of my PCs really had any backstory
>About as soon as the last campaign ended one of my friends immediately wanted to make another character for the next campaign, this time with actual backstory
>Already has idea of who he's going to play for the next campaign

Seeing my players get excited to play makes me so happy.

>Also any time my players actually get attached to an NPC

>Looking over plans for the night
>Lately some players have looked less interested
>One player in particular has missed a few nights
>The party is even split in game
>Overall, group energy is feeling low
Good luck and poor planning meant the players had steamrolled the last couple conflicts, and the city they were in was peaceful. There was even a spring faire they spent a whole session playing minigames in.
But something had to be done.

>rewrite session at last minute
>even change up my DM style from easy-going to tight-lipped
>push myself to really get into character
>everything from stoic merchant, to noble elder, to innocent child, to sly carnie
>keep pushing players and timeskipping to keep things brisk
>spoonfeed some cliches to create drama
>even use silent notes at one point
>players go wild with speculation
>name-drop NPCs to fuel the fire
>characters - not players - begin arguing over course of action
>diffuse the tension with a night of carousing through the faire
>tension bleeds off, laughs all around, mood is high
>peaceful morning to wind down the session
>PCs discuss things to do next time at the faire while the bard skips back from waking up in unknown bed
>everything was in place, now
>the music changes
>the distant screams aren't at trained lions
>they're of terror
>over the city walls is smoke
>there are no guards in the streets
>near the city gate are bodies, and beyond that the fairground is in flames
>characters rush to help
>it's an ambush
>a figure from one character's past, and a common enemy of them all, forgotten since the first session

tl;dr I stepped outside my comfort zone in terms of planning and running the session. I sacrificed some of the carefully constructed plot and worldbuilding I had done.
And the players loved it.
They actually looked disappointed when I told them we were stopping there, and spent the time I was cleaning up recalling the highlights of the session.

>Seeing my players get excited to play makes me so happy.
Any time the players/characters start going on tangents, speculating about the plot and NPCs, I just have to sit back and let them ramble. It's one of the best feelings.

>Also any time my players actually get attached to an NPC
One of the first NPCs my group bothered learning the name of was a naive, happy-go-lucky bartender. He was kind of exhausting to portray, but the players actually looked sad when he was "busy with other customers" and refused to talk to any of the other barkeeps until their favorite was available.

>There's no greater Veeky Forums feel than being able to elicit a genuine emotional response with your NPCs.

It turns out that despite otherwise being a fairly mediocre GM, I'm good at committing to roleplaying NPCs and really selling it. It's pretty nice being able to really draw in the players like that.

Personal highlight is when a trapper came into town with his son in his arms: when they were out checking traps near the base of a ridge, a rock tumbled down and cracked the boy's skull--a freak accident (as the party's investigation would later prove).
The Paladin checked the boy's pulse, felt it fade beyond easy detection even at his practiced hands, but the instant before he could lay on hands the 'boy' passed and shifted to his true form--that of a giant spider. A type of aranea.
The look on their faces as the father dealt with that--such genuine shock and dismay. They were hooked, and so committed to solving that mystery.
Best adventure I ever ran, bar none.

>played D&D for the first time over the summer
>months-long campaign
>i (the DM) moved away before we did the very last session
>just got together five months later to wrap things up
>everyone got back into their character mindset as if we had just played last week

good times

>GMing after having no group for 5 years
>Super nervous, especially when the groups want to run my weird pet-project setting I threw out jokingly
>Chargen takes a long while due to schedule conflicts, and I'm convinced the group is doomed
>Finally finish chargen; first session is off to a very rough start and a player leaves

>Fast forward four more sessions
>Everyone has been having fun, myself included
>Sessions end with people talking about what they want to do next time
>One of the players is going whole-hog building terrain, props, and set pieces for the map; we've got a huge barn, rocks, water tiles, a sakura tree, tufts of tall grass, fences, etc.

Drunkenly striking up that conversation was the best thing I've ever done.

Pic related. The most recent update to the prop collection.

>Been hiding (from my friends) the fact that I will likely die to a medical condition soonish
>Wanting to run a memorable and fun RPG scenario for them, as I can't just thank them for our time together
>think that this is where I'll spend the last active half a year for
>people have their schedules in such a conflict that we never really get to play, it's always someone important missing (the third/fourth player).
I figure it'll be like this for them soon...

What sort of thing do you have?

I was supposed to have a sci-fi rpg where I pass the torch to the next GM.. In sci-fi it would work. But alas...

No, I mean, what's killing ya?

I was dodging that. It's not aids, my friends know of the condition but not its seriousness.

Time to stop dodging.

Best of luck, friend.

>i cant state my illness on an annonymous board, because reasons.
it`s probably the faggot disease
you can easily fix it with a dose of Mike Pence

1000 kwats of pence

It's actually the attention whoring disease. It's a psychological annoyance where someone claims to suffer a disease but when pressed for info they start giving it "I DUN WANNA TALK ABOUT IT biblethump" like a retard.

Also known as Munchhausen syndrome but I prefer to call it "Being an attention whore"

>tfw make sure to thank the GM for running after sessions, especially if they dragged for extra time
Remembering reading reactions like this launches it into such a feedback loop of goodfeel...

It's funny how I often see lewdgame players get so massively hyped for RP even over the smut.

Good no you fellas, I saw the thread form and would've joined if I wasn't getting hooked into also lewd DND game.

speaking of which

>that feel when get invited to a game by a friend as a last spot fill
>tfw just go for it despite worries over the system
>tfw manage to make a character okay
>the GM runs preludes for everybody and RPing the char's personality quirks is fun
>tfw the session is so hype everybody votes to continue it deep into the night
>tfw the GM then also pairs players up for off-schedule RP and it also runs long and fun
Ahhhhhhhhhh....

I hope Veeky Forums feels related images count.

Incase this requires context: Manaka thinks her mom has given up on life and will die unless she can beat her mom in a game of (Not)MtG..

>Good no you fellas
*Good on you
Dammit typos.

Here is another Wizard's Soul feels pic.

It's a lot more emotional if you keep in mind what Manaka did to Eita.

What on earth are you talking bout? It's just a manga about a children's card game.

Here the protagonist's mother is playing a friendly children's card game with her daughter, while in hospital with an incurable illness.

>friendly
No, mom and daughter's decks are totally not friendly at all....

Honestly, are we even reading the same manga?

Wizard's Soul isn't a "children's card game". It's a big deal. It's the primary way society measures your blend of luck, intellect and ability.

Wizard's Soul helps your academic success. It helps your professional success. Manaka's mom wasn't just playing a game with her daughter. She was trying to teach her daughter a skill that is very valuable in that culture.

Manaka wanted to play a friendly game with mom. But she couldn't. It's not that her mom wouldn't have refused a friendly game with her daughter. It's that Manaka believed that her mom would die if she couldn't defeat her mom.

>children's card game
It's a Yugioh Abridged reference.

user, I'm describing a piece of fiction about faux M:tG as a fun children's card game to evoke a sense of dissonance on a twofold level;

For those unfamiliar with the source material, it's contrasting a game (an activity one participates in for entertainment) with the imagery shown (cards representing death and destruction, with the person using such cards being stated to be terminally ill)

And for the individuals who are knowledgable with the source material, highlighting Manaka's suffering at playing what should be a fun game with her previous traumas from failing to save her mother by winning at aforesaid card game.

The hints to the dissonance should have been apparent in the earlier posts mentioning a friendly game for children in the same sentence as "hospitalised mother's incurable illness"; this also suggests the person making that post is familiar with the source material.

Please consider whether you would need to inform a person about the precise nature of Wizard's Soul, and also the reasoning behind the aforementioned posts!

>Introduce new people to roleplaying
>They love it and can't wait for the next game

Since when is a feels thread about good feels what the fuck is this shit

>Leave hometown
>Left with nobody to play
>Online players and GMs are severe assholes
>Old friends reluctunt to play online

>Go back to hometown for holidays
>All old friends are willing to give online a shot
>Day set and characters are ready
>I'm finally excited again about tabletop for the first time in years

best elf
want to pat the ears

This is supposed to be a feels thread about Traditional Games why are you arguing about the importance of a card game in a manga

That's beautiful user

Damn, that's awesome.

Fuck off with your sadness or contribute some feels.

A few feels from my group.
>players thank me for my DMing
>players bring me gifts of food for DMing

>player becomes a light mage
>just so happens that another light mage, a combination scholar/lensmaker, is in the city they're in
>I introduce him as an eccentric 100-year-old man who loves two things: light and his great-grandkids
>after learning the basics, the player leaves with the rest of the party for more adventures
>he always visits his old master to see how he's doing

>playing mystery/horror campaign
>using music to indicate when a particular event happens
>it's happening
>player: "this is so fucking scary!"
>feels goodman

>later
>i abruptly stop the regular ambient music
>4 seconds of absolute silence
>HAPPENNING music comes on
>two players actually scream
>one gets up and walks out saying "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE"