Warhammer 40k General Thread

"Staying hopeful that shitty factions get some love soon" Edition

Last Thread: >List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Watch out for Doomrider)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/4ypvF
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#Elites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nananananananan Night Lords!

What's the best way to kit out long range mech vets I don't care if it isn't the best way to use them, i need it more muh fluff.

Also the formations
imgur.com/a/4ypvF

>Last Thread:
how the hell did you miss the whole last thread
what are you one of those dipshits that scans for the op image and doesn't bother with filters? shit was even posted in the thread you linked to

>Staying hopeful that shitty factions get some love soon

HA! Black Templars literally just got jack shit and this means we'll probably never get a fucking decurion until next edition or ever! All my hopes are gone and the only shit I got are two G I A N T formations/detachments with weird bonuses that dont really synergize or boost the chapter tactics.

Wrathful Crusade might be ok but you need at least 700pts to use it and while the Castellan might be cool the fact that the unit coming may or may not come back with its transport is weird and almost useless as walking from your table edge sucks especially since the bonus seems to be geared towards asssault but getting back into assault will be almost impossible even if you do have a dedicated transport.

I dont even know how the fuck to run Black Templars anymore, Im just gonna run this and hope not to get my ass ripped to shit.

Castellans of the Imperium detachment 2000pts

>HQ

Captain [Artificer Armor, Relic Blade, Iron Halo]
Grimaldus
Emperor's Champion

>Troops
2x Crusader Squad [8 Initiates, 1xPower Axe 1xMelta Gun, Sword Brother w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs] Land Raider Crusader

3x Crusader Squad [5 Initiates, 1x Melta Gun, 1x Power Fist] Razorback [TL-Assault Cannon]

>Lord of War

Knight Errant [Chainsword+Melta Cannon]

I know I'm the only one who cares. But I hope they don't kill Abaddon.
Sure he's horribly written but I like the idea behind the guy and the lack of a new model makes me think he'll get killed.
I'm sure all the Abby haters would love to see that, but for the record I never wanted Cadia to fall.

So I started a thousand sons army when they first got rules way back in 3rd edition with capture approved, then carried on until the end of 4th then stopped.

Been looking at getting back into 40k and just saw they've fucking realeased thousand sons as a proper force with a bunch of models

How do their rules fair? I see they have special weapons now and Ahriman has a disc. Could someone sum up the changes they've made for me please?

last thread hit bump limit and is in autosage on page 10, actually both threads are like that now

would you play a 40k Wrestling video games ?

>Last thread is page 10
no, last thead is page 8 for whatever good "pages" are. Yeah, it's saging but OP didn't even notice it existed

The Sorcerers and Magnus the Red are pretty good. Rubrics are sadly overcosted and quite weak. Pretty models though.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#Elites

ALL I FUCKING WANTED WAS A 1HQ / 2 TROOP CAD THAT COMBINED SKITARII AND CULT. BUT FUCKING NO. WE GET AN APOCALYPSE DETACHMENT AND A SHITTY WAR COVOCATION.

>check out this Fall of Cadia book
>turns out it's a BL book

so what's the big deal? I thought BL is not canon?

it's almost like they're different branches, or something.

You mean the digital version? All digital GW books are handed through BL.

codex=supplement > black library > fan fiction

also Changeling writes all the books

>1 hq 2 troops
well, you got 2 hq, 4 troops, so they exceeded your expectations by 100%.

It's not a codex or supplement though at best it's a what if story.

It's a Campaign book. Don't be Pedantic.

How do we fix the deeply ingrained sexism and misogyny in the Warhammer 40k community that keeps girls out of the hobby?

Rate muh toy soldier army.

Fix Tyranids.

Yeah, you get to decide who wins it by playing the battle scenarios of the book. It's just a what if minigame.

If it's not a part of a codex then it's not part of the setting's story.

holy shit cawl is broken as fuck. regens D3 wounds EVERY TURN?! so much for IWND, this is like it will NEVER die

>tfw your marines aren't vanilla

GW still has plans to destroy Baal and the Rock, right?

Don't forget re-rolled inv saves.

fnp rolls sorry

Women are drawn towards Tyranids because of biological instinct; The need to reproduce and nurture. They're drawn towards Dark Eldar because of psychological similarities; Confidence, dominance, and vanity.

GW must update these codices.

Welcome to Grey Knights. Our choices are 1HQ 1Troop formation with battle focus only on the turn we DS, and then a giant ass 2045pt minimum formation loaded with tax units. What do we get for that? Gimped battle focus and harness warp charge on 3+. So we get to deep strike on turn 1 and help you table us faster because we arrive on 3+.

No? It's the same damn thing as Shield of Baal and Warzone Fenris.

The changes proposed are literally good for everyone.

Last bread I saw an user say that Cawl reminded him of Lorgar.

Who's better, anons?

1/2

so for the castellans formation you can spam vet squads in chimeras in which both the vehicle and the vets get a roll to come back since dedicated transports count as who bought them right? Hell just run some basic twenty man squads.

No, I mean stop replying to the Nigger-nog Pollack shitposter. He needs to hang himself from a good old oak, or at least have some death squad come to burn his niggerhouse down so that the world will suffer a little less from his /pol/posting on Veeky Forums.

2/2

?

GET FUCKED GSC.
E
T

F
U
C
K
E
D

>implying

>select rather than roll for any 3 powers from Divination and Telekinesis
Well, Handsome Squidward sure is loved by the gods.

All your troops choice can deepstrike though.

Interceptors are beast as well being able to pop 30 inches across the board and drop a better than heavy flamer template weapon in someone's face.

Their librarians are better than anything outside of named HQs compared to other chapters. The grand master isn't a slouch either if a bit points expensive.

Not DKOK/20

So is Eldrad alive or not? Did he die again trying to prevent the Blackstone Fortresses from destroying Cadia?

Why was Trazyn the only Necron present on Cadia? In the older version Necron fleets were materializing in the Cadian sector seeking to destroy the Blackstone fortresses.

Why did they start with the destruction of Cadia? It's impossible to top this unless they have the crusade reach Terra.

>Mfw i will easily stomp all those imperial shit

>No, I mean stop replying to the Nigger-nog Pollack shitposter. He needs to hang himself from a good old oak, or at least have some death squad come to burn his niggerhouse down so that the world will suffer a little less from his /pol/posting on Veeky Forums.

Maybe you should fuck off instead. Nobody is "/pol/posting" here but you.

We were handling him just fine before your emergency intervention, thanks. If he (or anyone else) wants to talk about nids they're free to do so.

eldrad is alive, but wounded somewhere after the deathwatch shot him in the face.

BROTHAHHHH

be strong clarence, be strong for mother

How did the Imperials lose so much ground in so little of a time? The book has all of Cadia being overrun except for a single fortress. I thought Cadia was the second most defended planet in the Imperium.

>doesn't know that BL sells rulebooks
>doesn't know what a campaign is

Look, just stop posting, you don't really know what you're talking about.

>All your troops choice can deepstrike though.
And get murdered by the abundance of AP3/2

>Interceptors are beast as well being able to pop 30 inches across the board and drop a better than heavy flamer template weapon in someone's face.
And then get murdered by the abundance of AP3/2

>Their librarians are better than anything outside of named HQs compared to other chapters. The grand master isn't a slouch either if a bit points expensive.
They're just about the only thing we have going for us. And even then any army that was designed with a powerful psychic phase in mind blows us out of the water.

Trazyn being a dick.

the chaos player seized the initiative, rolled lots of 6s, and the imperial player rolled badly

Press 8 if you hate Space Marines.

Lascannon + plasmaguns

If wanting them to also be cheap, missile launcher + grenade launcher

Was City Fight any good as a separate game ?
Also are these fellas Cadians ?

GW can't into understanding scale and writing full planetary campaigns so they had to turn it into a shitty sci-fi version of a fantasy battle for a single castle.

so... the characters are sick, but since the actual detachments are bloated garbage the only way they're seeing play is in the default "here have some more ICs for your superfriend deathstar" formation

I'll press this instead, alien.

>Autocannon
>Forward sentries
>Sergeant Harker
>3 Siper rifles

Park in some decent terrain and watch your enemy cry.

Anyone know what the psyocculum, or cawls stuff does?

Ultramarines especially.

Holy crap pic related is actually legitimately good. Just finished the first book in the trilogy and I am loving it. wtf i love word bearers now?

>imgur.com/a/4ypvF
Finally a way to run adeptus mechanicus together without war convocation, as one army choice.

Dreadknights..terminators...

Oh and paladins. I guess you haven't tried desthstaring it up recently. 6 psycannons backed with rerolling saves or whatever psychic other psychic buffs. You won't mind losing you power armor while these dudes do work. Also, laugh in the face of OP MC or GMC.

That being said they could use an update.

psyocculum grants bs10 to the unit carrying it against psykers.

50 Conscript blob shooting bs10 at enemy daemon prince for maximum keks.

It's shit.

Either you get basically no useful bonuses or you are forced to take a Battle Maniple in which case you're literally better off just sticking with War Convo anyways.

Why does IG have no decent formations?

>let friend borrow the trilogy in college
>starts calling loyalist players whore-son

I caused this and have no regrets.

>sergeant harker
Is 55 points for a rending heavy bolter in flak armour really worth it though?

I expect nothing from my Dreadknights and they still manage to disappoint me even if they are the best unit in our codex. Terminators are just there. Paladins are just a point sink and still vulnerable to ID. I wouldn't begin to know how you get 6 Psycannons in a Deathstar seeing as it's only 2 per 5, so you'd need at minimum, a Brother Captain with Psycannon, a Grandmaster with psycannon, and 10 Paladins, 4 with Psycannons. I really only like my GK for the fluff at this point because our rules are garbage and they lack an identity. Any phase you try to focus on with building your GK list gets shit on just about any army with a focus in the same phase. God help us if the opponent brings a Land Raider or Leman Russ we can't break that thing unless all fire goes to it or we manage to get close enough in melee.

He said he wants muh fluff, it's pretty fluffy.

I was going to say that maybe you could use the Castellan formation for respawning terminators if you were willing to give up the HQ units, but I took another look and the formation doesn't allow any of the Grey Knights IA units anyway. Maybe someday.

Psyaka Division and Emperor's Wrath are okay and Cadian Battle Group lets you spam CCS if you want.

Castellans is great, and we've heard some shit about them being able to replace any random HQ slot, so they'll see plenty of play.

Everytime when I play IG and look at an upgrade for something all I can think is

>Fuck I could get another infantry platoon for that.

>BS10 against enemy daemon princes
>implying the DP doesn't have wings and therefore forces the guardsmen to snapshoot anyways
>implying the Daemon Prince isn't a glorious Khornate Winged Deamon Prince as all Chaos forces should
>Not implying that they should recieve the benefit even then, which is why I added not to this one
>implying that this post is even remotely funny
>implying I though I could get an user to laugh by reading this
>implying that I myself am implying
>implying that that I should be sleeping
>implying you didn't skip the second that in the previous part
>implying you're still reading this post
Implying that there's even any greentext in this post
>implying you stayed long enough to notice the non-greentexted part
>implying that Daemon Princes are Chaos' TEQ
>Implying they're actually Chaos' MEQ
>implying that you noticed that the previous implying is the only greentext implying to have a capital letter
>implying that I didn't purposely misspell the second instance of Daemon Prince in the second line
>implying you didn't actually look back at it
>implying you actually finished reading this greentext

>It's impossible to top this unless they have the crusade reach Terra

you answered your own question. And Im sure some miracle will save the day right before abbadon gets his armless vengeance against the emperor on the golden potty.

Where the fuck were the Grey Knights during the Fall of Cadia, anyway?

You'd think this would be the kind of shit they'd be all over.

>implying I would actually finish reading this wall of greentext
Alright, you got me.

So can Cawl count as the Dominus for a War Convocation or does he need to be in his own formation?

Maybe the other Gathering Storm installments will tell us.

Cadia would be a BITCH to mindwipe or they'd have to Exterminatus it.

The same place all the other Marine Chapters and Traitor Legions were I guess.
Maybe they were all betting on who fucked up first.

Sorry, what I MEANT to say is "finally a way to run my admech together without casual spergs at my flgs telling me how my army is bullshit, all while running GSC and cleaning the local ork players clock top of turn one"

But user, GSC is the most skillful and difficult army to play!

I love that they call everyone whoreson. I don't know why, but it makes me giggle.

I ordered models a few weeks ago but GW hasn't even shipped them yet. I got an order confirmation, but never a shipping confirmation. Did they forget about my order? Will it ship next month?

I still want new models, but I have this feeling if I order more they won't arrive until march.

As a GSC player, if another GSC player is telling you that your AdMech army is bullshit, punch them in the face for me.

I'm pretty sure the hobby keeps girls out of the hobby

There are irreconcilable differences between the sexes. So happens that painting little plastic space guys falls on the XY side of the fence.

Does Greyfax actually prevent GSC infiltration? How is her ability worded compared to the old servo skull rules?

Any info on the mechadendrite hive or arc scourge?

Literally watched this turd end a game vs orks top of one. Orks had like a battlewagon with 15 lootas in it, a squad of grots, and a kopta left. Its not even worth setting up the models for that kind of non game. Reminded me of the early years of magic, where control players be like "hey want to watch me play you a game of magic?"

>want to re-read Deathworld
>decide to ask Veeky Forums where to find Black Library ebooks
>mega link
sweet, now i just have to get over my paranoia and load the shit on my droid (assuming i get the shit to show up, it'll probably only load up on google books)

>mfw no Deathworld in mega

>So happens that painting little plastic space guys falls on the XY side of the fence.
my sister really likes the mechanicus in both lore and models, and is a pretty decent painter, but she has no desire to play the game because the community is so shit.

It says no enemy units can be set up within 24 inches of her.The hiv

Ya know if Inquisitor wabarands and Courts of the Archon worked like her bodyguards, that would be really swell.

Running AdMech together without Canticles on the Skitarii is retarded and pointless, so that leaves you with two options - Conclave Acquisitorious or War Convo (because to get Canticles on everything in the Grand Convo you need like 5k fucking points).

War Convo requires Battle Maniple, 1 Knight, and a regular AdMech detachment.

Conclave Acquis requires Battle Maniple, 1 Knight, a specific AdMech Formation that requires the same shit as a detachment, and Cawl, and has strictly worse bonuses.

I'll take the less restrictive and less bad one, thanks.