You have exactly one minute to explain why you're not rolling a vampire cyborg character

They're so cool

I'm not playing Pathfinder.

Because they're not cool to anyone over the age of 12.

Because I'm playing an android lycanthrope.

Because I'm playing a frozen skeleton character.

Because it's not 1994

what is cool?

Tits

WTF does a vampire have to gain from cybernetics???

WTF does a cyborg have to gain from vampirism???

Explain to me how it's cool to play a junkie. Preferably without the words "dark", "curse[d]", and "edgy".

harder 2 kill
more power, drink blood = get ez energy

I'm sorry, can't hear you over my human fighter.

Too much LA, our DM prefers to start at level 1.

Party isn't nocturnal so I our schedules kinda don't work out if I'm a vamp. Also cybernetics are difficult to repair in the land of not!medievaleuropr

Could have been bitten after they became a cyborg

We play shadowrun. Cyborg vampires are impossible in the system, since if a cyborg got turned into a vampire, his body would regenerate all the removed flesh parts and painfully push out the implants.

>removed flesh parts
Are you implying you didn't add-on the mechanical parts instead?

It's hard to add on a new metal spine or new eyeballs without replacing the old ones, and Shadowrun doesn't allow you to get bonus arms in addition to your regular one. And even if you did bolt the implants on top of your body, they would still be rejected when you turn vampire.

Who said I'm not?

Redheaded sexaroid's with bleed damage are in.

Although ironically, it's easier to turn a cyborg into a vampire into the first place, because they have less Essence to drain.

> It's hard to add on a new metal spine or new eyeballs
> new eyeballs

>He doesn't have eyes EVERYWHERE so he won't be surprised

I don't want to.

I should try to make this in Shadowrun, someday.

You can do that, sure. You can get a whole head covered with eyeballs. But you still need to put in a plug or something that connects the eye to your brain, and probably install some cables and stuff in there.
You can't really be a cyborg without taking flesh out and/or sticking things into your body where it's not meant to be. Unless you're one of those assholes who think it's cute to say stuff like "if a cyborg is someone who enhances their body with technology, technically everyone who wears glasses and clothes are cyborgs". Fuck those people.

See Although IIRC really, really high grade implants like deltaware and stuff like that might not get rejected, but don't quote me on that. It's not like a starter shadowrunner can afford that stuff anyway.

The wonders of technology
The wonders of magic

Cyborg vampire you say?

Vibrating penis, for one.

>But you still need to put in a plug or something that connects the eye to your brain
Wireless? I don't remember how it's called in Shadowrun specifically, but installing a wireless cranial interface chip *technically* isn't invasive. There is quite a lot of free space inside of the brainpan.

Spooky

>but installing a wireless cranial interface chip *technically* isn't invasive
IRL, I mean, not in Shadowrun.

It will still get pushed out or otherwise stop working, because Essence is weird and in Shadowrun implants aren't just about flesh about blood, you replace little bits of your soul as well. As with most things in Shadowrun, it will unravel if you think too much about it.

What makes you think I don't have an entire setting based around the concept?

Because if everyone did it, it wouldn't be as cool anymore

Tell us about it.

Aight brace for the edgiest TLDR you'll read today;

>Blood carries a form of magic, used many millennia ago for all sorts of rituals
>Group of mages bind their souls to their blood, thinking it'll grant them extreme power and longevity
>They become sapient pools of blood, puppeteering their dead bodies and preserving them with their magic
>Downside is that putting your soul into your blood runs so hard against the natural order of things that the blood slowly burns itself away
>So they start taking the blood of others to top up
>They also realise that as their consciousness is now contained entirely within their blood, they no longer need to remain in their original bodies
>Experimentation begins as they turn their efforts toward conquering more lands to slake their ever growing thirst
>TIMESKIP
>Aforementioned group of mages are now demigod-like creatures glutted on blood, their original forms warped and altered by the addition of haemo-hydraulic cybernetics
>Their progeny rule over the herds of human cattle
>The world is shrouded in a vast sprawling city, layered so deeply and densely that many of it's denizens have never seen the sun
>Deep within the bowels of the undercity, humans who dream of more than being a living blood bag scheme to take back their world

That's indeed edgy as shit, but pretty cool too.

Why not a cyborg skeleton?

Because I'm playing a teenage eldritch horror instead.

Then the desired effect has been achieved

A person in the game I'm running is a cyborg vampire though.

He's a Vampire Treant-like Dryad, so he is immune to sunlight. He was fighting a bunch of halfling "heros" and one took his arm off with an orichalcum folding chair. He ended up getting a sweet cyberarm to replace it.

This is why.

I should probably explain.

It was a show about people who turn into humanoid cars and drink your oil. The concept isn't as great in execution as it sounds in theory.

anyone else finds kain's hairline level to be extremely gross as shit? i wanna vomit, i can feel those hair tickling my brain, my eyeballs in the back and growing down into the throat

Would Cybernetics work with the Undead?

It can be ___fun__.

which illidari girl should i choose to be my waifu?

I only play generic human fighters

Because I play minotaur cowboys with PTSD

>Shadowrun doesn't allow you to get bonus arms in addition to your regular one.

Yes it fucking does.

Vampires are individuals who have their hearts replaced with a Malefic Engine which is a fragment of a bound and broken demon. During the surgery your soul is bound to it and to keep it energized you have to feed it with life energy via blood.

As far as capabilities think of Senator Armstrong mixed with Resident Evil Tyrants. If they are weakened or don't feed they become monsterous and their malefic Engine turns into an mouth like thing that they try to shove people into to feed their hunger.

but I am

LORD KAISER
NOSFERAT
LORD KAISER
NOSFERAT

Terminator Lestat is marching on

because vampires are SHIT

I don't even need 15 seconds.
-Vampires are shit.
-Cybernetics + vampirism is a bad fit
-The rest of my monastery, and probably my whole order, would rightfully turn on me if I were a filthy subhuman vamp.

>being a monk
You're worse than vamps, you're fucking ANIMU.

They don't exist in the setting

A miserable pile of temperatures!

Because that wouldn't be cool.

Because I'm playing a werewolf cyborg pirate ninja instead.

>Orichalcum folding chair
excuse you

I'm the GM and who says I'm not?

Baby don't hurt me..... don't hurt me.... no more....

cyborg vampires =/= vampire cyborgs
bye

Neither vampires nor cyborgs exist in my DM's setting.

It's a great excuse for shady connections and horrible side quests. It sucks in real life but a junkie with superpowers is good for storytelling.

>orichalcum folding chair
wat