Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Super Imperium Friends Edtion

Last Two threads:
Stop making so many you dumb twats, check the catalogue first.

>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Doom out for ride watcher)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD

Why are Vanguard Veterans so expensive? Is there any way to use them without them sucking ass or having to rely on some dumb formation?

>Orkz are a melee race!
>I2

In case you miss this 3.

Daemons summoning 270 greater daemons for near free is the standard now.
Eldar having strength D on non-super heavies is the standard now.
Tau having Ap2 ignores cover is the standard now.
Chaos having bikers with t6, fearless, stealth and a rerollable FnP is the standard now.
Space marines and Admech getting free transports and wargear is the standard now.
We're seeing more and more armies with weapons that ignore invulnerable saves and ways to charge out of deepstrike.

Meanwhile
>Orks
>Melee race
>I2
Just squat them already.

The Imperium lost Cadia by bad writing

Of course. But I still think that Taudar is tier1 and GSC is tier2 list. Inherently GSC is going to lose. So sadly GSC wont do anything to change the meta at least in that aspect since Taudar can just win them with change of tactics, not list.

Also GSC cant win against Wolfstars and its tough battle against War Convocation.

>6 Culexus assasins
>"bad"

6E SoB and Inquisition codex are still valid and can be use.

Enjoy 24" fuck you and servo skulls

Also you can have two Celestine for expample but not in this formation.

There has to be some massive potential in this formation that I can't figure out

Some synergy that taking from literally every impeirum book lets you set up

I think six Callidus would be a lot funnier.

More robots! More gears!

did you miss flock to the front line, somehow?

You can have respawning anything

Do a unit and its dedicated transport count as one unit?

No, just troops. It would had said squads or units otherwise

Yep, enjoy respawning Landraider crusaders on a 5+

>You can have respawning anything
Yeah, but only troops, which is kinda so-so

I doubt it. Footslogging units on your table edge yay. Best use is a Guard platoon.

deepstriking suicide scions!

The problem is, what happens when the unit is kill but the transport isn't. You won't get 2 land raiders.

Respawning conscript blobs is so "Send in the next wave" that it hurts.

Cadia may have fallen, but today is a good day.

I was thinking of Space Marines in Drop Pods enacting STEEL REHN

>tough battle against War Convocation

How so? All those soft slow squishy bodies with no transports to hide in are a wet dream.

>New formations can give access to special relics
>Cawl himself gives access to them
>Cawl is a legit HQ choice for Cult Mech
>Cult Mech WarConvo slice is just "HQ+troops"

>Conclave Aquisitorius gives Master-crafted that Cawl can't even use
>Holy Requisitioner Dominus and Optional Cohort Cybernetica Dominus get a Sally-craft
>Canticles applies to all formations/units so pretty much higher bonuses similiar to Warconvo
>Max out units for formation-wide Doctrina Imperatives

>Grand Convo gives IWND to... just Knights, Onagers, and Dragoons/Ballistarii
>possibly PoTMS to each if within 6" of an HQ too?
>max out on shit for detachment-wide Canticles

So you're telling War-Convo got possibly stronger, Aquisitorius is basically just Sally-craft over WarConvo and Grand Convo couldn't even take Skit/Cult vehicles if they got added later?

>4/10 it was okay

and by that I mean, I like Cawl but the rest is basically boring.

Today we got a little bit of Chenkov back. It feels good.

it's fluffy as

I want 2 hqs and then like 20 conscript blobs of kriegers

we'll fucking drown them in bodies, game of thrones style

You cant. Celestine in Unique so you can only have one of her per army. Doesnt matter which set of rules she has.

Yah so MSU with transport is the game plan here.

Immolators and Chimeras shit you can throw and be sure it will die.

It was an example, yes both the dudes inside and the transport must die. For this to work.

So MSU is the best pay, but then again 5+

Thats worse than just taking cult/skitarii/knights outside of that formation.

Think of the further buff War Convo will get when we can field trains full of skittles with Cawl attached, giving the Alphas these crazy new relics.

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE BEEP BOOP

Anyone ever tried to homebrew an entirely new army? Sounds like a fun project even if you would never be able to play them anywhere or have proper miniatures for them.

6E SoB Celestine is different than the FoC Celestine, points, rules. Beside names there different shit

Might never use it. 325 points to have two flying cows is a bit much. Things like Torquemada might not fall in this loop hole.

Warconvo got much better. Cawl isretardly good HQ, especially in convo where he can give whole army 4++ inv/IWD on 3 dice/+3BS. Hard to play in 1500 yes but in 1850 he is nobrainer choice.

>Beside names there different shit
There are examples where there 2 two sets of rules for special character and they state that they cant be used in a single army. And it makes sense.

If it's possible to chuck Cawl in a Cohort Cybernetica that would be truly sickening.

Hell, even giving the normal Dominus and the Datasmiths the new relics push that formation into the Stratosphere.

>If it's possible to chuck Cawl in a Cohort Cybernetica that would be truly sickening.
It is possible. He can replace the formation's Dominus.

>my imperial army can literally slot into this detachment without any changes

free hatred and potentially respawning troops. I'll probably never use it, but I prefer this kind of thing to the detachments that force you into taking certain units to make the most of them (battle company, heyo).

But doesn't the list specify that you need a Dominus? I thought Cawl could only count as a HQ in any Imperial army, not actually replace any named entry.

Really? Would like source, but beside a funny loophole about having two Celestine there is not really a use for it. New Cow is way better than old Cow might say even cheaper for what it does.

Cawl's entry states that he's HQ for Cult Mechanicus and can replace any Dominus in any formation.

Only Celestine/Greyfax can be HQ in any imperial CAD/AD.

Captain whats-his-face of Blood Angels. He has both normal version and Death Company version. They state that both cant be used in same army as its a same character.

greyfax is too basic compared to cawl and celestine, what were they afraid of making all three broken good?

tyco

Remembering tycho is easy, because unlike most characters in 40k he's basically nothing but flaws and ended up dying.

Ah, I think I prefer the real way. Every formation with a Dominus would be SO much better with Cawl. Holy Requisitioner deepstriking down right next to an objective and the nunleashing an ungoldy amount of firepower.

Cohort Cybernetica get better IWND through the new canticles, but only for one turn, otherwise having a normal Dominus with the IWND relic would be better. Might be better to run Cawl in a Skittle blob alongside it.

Basically for 100 points, take Coteaz and give every non vehicle ObSec.

Atleast I will be.

Still not sure, but do dedicated transports get a chance to respawn when killed with this?

I really fucking want respawning LRCs.

Yes only if they are dedicated and both transport and the dude inside die

Here's a better question, do stormravens carrying a squad and a dreadnought count as one unit?
Counts as one unit for deployment

So... Lose scouting and reuse of a canticle, gain split-firing Dunecrawlers.

Weeeeeeeak.

The Cawl specific one seems a bit better for giving the Skitarii Canticles -without- going full War Convocation and getting free wargear everywhere.

They both can respawn. Each one counts as its own troops unit so they don't both have to die.

Also just read the Cohort's rules. Most of them state that they only work with Dominus so they wouldnt work with Cawl.

Coteaz will only give Obsec to Henchmen Warbands.
No
Wait
WHAT
HOLY SHIT.

So for 70 points and a troop slot I can basically have an infinite supply of Hurricane Bolter weapon platforms? Do the Crusaders need to be inside the LRC when it dies or can I just bust a nut inside my enemys lines and flood them out all willy-nilly?

Wouldn't the transport only get to respawn once?

Because it it comes on after respawning, it wont be the units dedicated transport, because they didn't start the game in it.

Might be an FAQ issue.

You only get the Canticles by filling the entire thing up. That's far bigger than a minimum WarConvo.

They're still better than 90% of the other fucking armies in the game suck it up.

Well, it's only a 1/3 chance to respawn. I wouldn't put too much faith on the same chance a guardsman has to not get squished. Also you still need to roll for reserves the next turn.

I said the Cawl specific one. That formation grants Canticles.

Technically, no.

Dedicated transports count as a separate unit with the same role as the unit they were purchased for.

So your rhinos/chimeras/whatever have the chance of respawning separately from their patron unit on a 5+ when they get destroyed.

Combat squads, similarly, become two individual five-man units, and would roll for regeneration individually from one another.

You mean the one where you take the entire Triumvirate? That's a lot of points

No, a-fucking-gain, the Cawl specific one.

Mandatory: Cawl, a battle maniple, a holy requisitioner, a knight.

Extras: The other cult mech formations. More Knights. A second maniple.

Wait a sec, does Cawl not have the repair ability all tech priests get?

Huh, Cawl is not relentless. not that it matters, but it seems werd that he isnt

the mech hive might give him something

Okay that's bullshit, Cawl is basically a Warhound Titan for 200 points. Harder to kill even.

Do we have screenshot of new relics from FoC? They can be used by IG?

Seems not. Which kinda makes sense, he's running the show. The boss doesn't get his hands dirty fixing shit, he fixes shit by EXISTING.

It's not like he needs it, he has 1 shooting attack and it's Assault. No need for rules bloat if it isn't required.

I hope so, in that I find overpowered things that don't have basic fluffy abilities even more annoying than overpowered things.

Means they aren't even -trying- to be anything other than a high powered beatstick.

Why does the lists not include sisters of silence and custodes? :(

eh, hes strong but he can be killed by a cheaky force weapon to the techno-balls. also a 5++ as his only invun, even with FNP, you will be shelling him from afar.

i means he fucking nuts, but not warhound level

1. No.
2. No. Kinda. If Celestine/Cawl is part of the same detachment, they can give out new relics to characters who normally wouldnt be able to get them.

That makes sense. Book and FAQ some times make rules fussy if you don't have them at hand.

I'm just happy I have an easy way to add plasma guns to my SoB in the form of IG Veterans.

Mordian Iron Guard and Preatorian, trying to outperform each other sounds nice.

the fact that he doesn't have long range huge blasts is also a noticeable difference

Are you the same guy who was calling Cawl basically a Warhound on dakka?

30k shit. Yes you can use them in 40k but they are mostly a 30k thing. Since the former don't leave Terra and the later are in Black Ship duty

This formation is a rather fluffy formation. Not sure yet if out right broken. But I just see an easy way to bring lots of Glorious T3 models

This is basically it. in CC he has 4 str 6 ap 2 attacks at I1, and his awesome cool gun is only 12"
even then, he is not a greta beatstick

>Vanguard Veterans are better than 90 % of armies
wat

I think the Hive gives him a bunch of S4 AP- attacks at I10. I think it was 2d6 but can't remember.

YESH celestine mah girl you are going to see action again!

Quick question to anyone that might know.

What does "saintly blessing" do?

Or the mech hive on Crawl?

Where is obsec mentioned?

I THINK that it gives AoF to units within 12", but that may have just been someone pulling shit from their arse.

Yeah, dissapointed with the Mechanicus stuff actually, in that basically all I wanted was a combined mech list without having to juggle a bunch of detachments and without the raw brokenness of war convocation.

4 troops means the detachment is no simpler than just allying and using 4 troops anyhow. The detachment bonus is weirdly shit in that it benefits exactly Dunecrawlers and only Dunecrawlers. Would have made more sense if the list had any other tanks to take.

Cawl is a bullet sponge, but most of his other benefits over just taking a Dominus best apply to allied tanks, again. He's actually almost more a guard character than he is an admech character as far as rules go.

Really all that stands out to me as a big improvement is a relic that lets me pick if Skyfire is active or not, has other benefits on turns I'm not using it for Skyfire. Would go great in a robots unit, and plugs the fact that an army made of just the robots in a formation used to have no anti-air capacity.

Ahh thats true, its not bad vs guard i guess, it stops him being tar pitted. vs MEQ its what, 7 attacks, 3's to hit means 5 hits, 2.5 wounds, maybr 1 extra marine dead

You can't choose non-vanilla Space Marines or any of the admech either. SoS and Custodes don't seem to do joint force operations too often.

Oh god, 8th is going to roll all Xenos into a single detachment, isn't it.

Carnifex unit led by an Overlord striding next to Commander Farsight and his Flash Gitz.

Another book another time where my BA stay at the bottom of the ITC

pls no

>wild op characters appeared!

Looks like End Times to me.

i dont see how those are related

Where?
Those are just LR-prised chars that aren't rotting garbage.

Nagash came out in the End times and was an insanely strong character, same with all the buffed versions of characters that were released.

> Ork player watching the release of Cawl
> Will definitely be an auto include in most imperial lists
> Looking through codex for instant death
> 'Eadwoppas Killchoppa
> Kustom wazbomb can drop 2 tl ID templates at ap2
> Relic weapon gives rending and ID on 6s
> Attack squig rerolls one dice in combat
> Waagh banner nobs give +1 Ws
> Now you have a Warboss hitting on 3's before Cawl even strikes (you obviously take a bike or mega armour so you wont die at I10)
> take fucking 9 wazbom blastajets just because

Rest in motherfucking peace cawl you shitty motherfucker
as if I was gonna shoot your vehicles anyway

No, because it says "Each time a troops unit from this detachment is completely destroyed..." Dedicated transports taken by Troops choices count as Troops themselves, but they're separate units.

>because they didn't start the game in it.

A unit that purchases a Dedicated Transport does not need to start the game inside it. It's just that they are the only unit that CAN start the game inside it.

He's referencing how we got stuff like Nagash, the Glottkin, a buffed up Karl Franz and so on.

The end times books were surprisingly fluff and art dense for something that'd immediately become obsolete and pulled from shelves, probably because some of the fluff guys were desperate to at least -try- to give the setting a proper send off after higher ups pulled the plug.

But when it came to the rules side, they just kinda read "Fuck it, fuck iiiiiitttt, do whatever. It's all getting flushed." Actually trying to play with the end times rules and new super characters would get you a buncha op stuff clusterfucking in the middle of the table.

I'm not going to complian about a way for guard to get back sitnw, but is there by chance a formation for sisters or BT exlusive in the same vain as the Mechanicus one?

Why kill him when you can loot him?

>implying D3 S10 AP1 shots and 2D6 S4 won't almost kill your boss in the progress

End times magic phases were just straight up insane. Vampires summoning over a thousand points in a game and Elves just straight up destroying units in a single attack.

interesting i didnt pay much attention to fantasy. I still dont see it happening to 40k tho and if it does doesnt matter as i have BA army and i assume there will be space marines in the reboot.

How do orders work? Can AM and MT officers give orders in this formation?
Which units can receive them?
I guess is
AM command ---> AM units
and
MT command---> MT units
only but...