Age of Sigmar General ! /aosg/

Secret conversations edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

No, nobody has the Grand alliance battalion because its shit anyway.

first for slaanesh

ITT : we post our 2k List so people that make lists can see what they will face and how they can make their list to counter us.

Is this an attempt to limit the 10s of Wet Noodle list we have in each thread ?

exactly

Mah nigga

Sylvaneth 1980/2000

Gnarlroot Wargrove Battalion 80
Household Battalion 20
Treelord Ancient 300 ( General, Gnarled Warrior, Regrowth, Oaken Armor)
Spirit of Durthu 400 (Oaken Armor)
Branchwych 100 (Verdant Blessing, Acorn of Ages)
Tree-Revenant (5) 100
Tree-Revenant (5) 100
Dryads (20) 240
Kurnoth Hunters with Bows (3) 180
Kurnoth Hunters with Bows (3) 180
Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes (3)180
Loremaster 100

Do you guys have any home brew/house rules when you play AoS with your friends.

This is my list.

we already have high level of scumbagry, I wonder what I will see before the end of this thread.

we sometimes houserule no random turn and no minimal battleline in our FLGS,. Reason is for some its really just a tax and it didnt impact the meta much as in some scenario battleline spawn closer to points so people bring battlelines anyway.

We're really chill, we dont have any strict houserules but we play our own way, pretty much ignoring anything we this is dumb.

how many memes did you make drawfags craft?

There are some older minis that have no rules.
We make those.
Usually it's just the template hero with different weapon and/or the lack or presence of a shield.

Pic related.

Nurgle player doesn't have that badass Lord of Plagues with an Handgun.
A... freaking... Lord of Plagues... with an Handgun. I can't even. So awesome.

Running a similrar list to this. I feel likeYoud really want the exalted seekerchariot instead of the normal one for the Herald you pretty mich double its attacks for 40points iirc, unless you really want the always run6" of the normal chariot. Also consider a soulgrinder for some Ranges attacks depending on your opponent s

posting over 9000 hours of personal memecrafting

stop..

o-ok

I'm aware of that, but I suffered enough to build and paint the smaller chariot.

I have no intention to do it again with the nightmarish version of that.
Not any time soon at least.

>soulgrinder
It's ugly.
I only play models I like.

>soulgrinder
>It's ugly.

not so much when youre taking the crablegs and replace upper body with something similar to pic related

So I've a quick question for any bonesplitterz players. How well does the army do and what do you usually take?

It's a tournament list. You are only a scumbag if you play it in a casual game.

Post your dudes!

its nice for games of 500 to 1000 points but then you need help from other destructions forces

Do you feel the regular savage orruks can tarpit well enough or is that what you'd need ironjawz for?

take tons of orc bowmen and become WAAC

they are very good for tarpitting, you just meed to find some hammers to go with them

Different user. I found one posted in a previous thread.

So you'd say they have a tough time killing then?

Here is mine

well they dont have things that go through armored troops or thinds thay deal mortal wounds, so you have to fill this gap.

Fair enough thank you

Rumour Engine

may I ask what was so bad about the Chariot?

y-you didnt actually paint every tiny wheel separately right, user?

y-you sure mustve pinned them on some wire and spraypainted most of them like a sane person r-right?

Stormcast riding a demigryph?

looks like empire sutff

Pistoliers?

I painted it in different blocks, of course.

It wasn't a technical problem. My problem is that it's very fragile.

The Herald on top barely touch the platform with a single foot, the whips are flimsy at best, and every time I play it I need to be careful.

It's stressful.

I did not enjoy to paint it either.

Might run this, or remove skrolk and 5 censers and throw in more-more monks

>one-handed crossbow of sort
>sigmarine-style decorations
>animal mane with feathers

stormcast flying cavalry?

It's obviously a Sigmarine riding a half demigryph half Sigmarine

>It's obviously a Sigmarine riding a half demigryph half Sigmarine

its a sigmarine on a minidragon riding a sigmarine dragon (with a pistol).

remember the good old days when elves were the only ones with dragons.

fuck sigmarines

>when elves were the only ones with dragons.
there has never been such a time and you know it

Mmmmm chaos dragon. That thing is probably going to be at least $500 though

did the wing break off?

>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO - 240
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
3x Plague Drones - 220
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
--2000 points

What does the 'e' stand for?

They did not attach them in the first place.

the only exceptions (if my memory serves me) were chaos dragons and one empire dragon. other than that it was "because lore reasons" that the dragons wouldn't work with anyone but elves.

but fuck all that we can give dragons to everyone! dragons ridden by mini dragons riden by space merenes /eh hem excuse me sigmarines, oh my bad meant to say stormcast eternals...

AoS Wedsneday on Warhammer TV is about to start

And Zombie Dragons.

And Wyverns.

>tfw had to subscribe to watch it because I'm an Ameribro and have to work when they stream

Don't you have Amazon Prime?

Amazon gives you a channel subscription for free.

I hardly ever order from Amazon so I don't see any use in it compared to spending five bucks a month for what is essentially a video magazine subscription

I don't know about you, but here in my country it's 20€ a year.

It's far less than the subscription cost of the channel... and I get Amazon Prime.

I hate metal models, but if that every got remade I'd be all over it.

Actually I'll go one further. I want pestilens rattos with skryre tech flintlocks that spew gunk everywhere. They do kinda work together now in lore.

>not just converting/kitbashing one

>not appreciating the exquisiteness of original vintage models

>not appreciating tributes to vintage models

Vintage is the correct term

ANyone know where the music thats playing is from? Very nice and soothing... probably from a Warham video game?

Leaders
Lord Celestant 100
General: Reckless, Relic Blade
Lord Castellant 100
Drakesworn Templar 500
Phoenix Stone

Battleline
Liberators-100
Hammer and Shield, 1x Grandhammer
Liberators-100
Hammer and Shield, 1x Grandhammer
Judicators 160
Skybolt Bows, 1x Shockbolt Bow
Judicators 160
Skybolt Bows, 1x Shockbolt Bow

Other
Decimators-200
Protectors-200
2x Starsoul Maces
Fulminators 220
Gryph-Hound 40

Battalions:
Skyborne Slayers (120)
2000/2000

And that covers any subscription on Twitch?

Only one.

Leaders
Daemon Prince (160)
- General
- Flying with Axe
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
- Khorne

Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Units
Bloodreavers x 30 (180)
- Meatripper Axes
- Battleline

Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 20 (200)
- Battleline (Legion of Azgorh)

Chaos Warriors x 20 (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Battleline
- Tzeentch

Chaos Warriors x 20 (360)
- Halberd & Shield
- Battleline
- Khorne

Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)

War Machines
Hellcannon (300)

Deathshrieker (120)

Total: 2000/2000

Thoughts?

As a note, i was going to bubble wrap the hellcannon with the Fireglaives to prevent caged fury from ever going off.

What's this chinaman website and how shit is the quality?

It's a secret user shhh

I'll tell you about the quality as soon as I get my hell cannon in the mail

Different chinas, different prices, different quality

>Bloodbound
>Legion of Azgorh
>Slaves to Darkness
Are you me?

I'm thinking about making a Hellcannon. Have you played with it? How is it?

As for your list, looks solid on the defense, but your only big offense unit seems to be the Bloodreavers. If I were playing against you I'd try to shoot them or feed them chaff. Maybe get something speedy? Chaos Knights are amazing, MVPs in every game I play

Do you run them in a group of 10 or 2 x 5?

Only got 5 but I play smaller games, 1000-1300 points. I usually sneak them around the flank to go character and war machine hunting, for that a small unit is enough. They are still really tough though. I've had them tie up 40 clanrats for a whole game, for instance.

Ah good, considering my list is here and it was sorely lacking offensive until i added them

Leaders
Lord Kroak (540)
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
Skink Starpriest (100)
Skink Priest (100)
- Priestly Trappings
Skink Starseer (160)

Units
Saurus Warriors x 10 (100)
- Clubs
- Battleline
Saurus Warriors x 10 (100)
- Clubs
- Battleline
Skinks x 10 (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
- Battleline

Behemoths
Bastiladon (300)
Stegadon (260)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000

So i have heard that the best way to run the hellcannon is 2 or more, on paper they look nasty as hell. My plan was to bubble wrap it with the fireglaves to prevent caged fury so im always hitting on a 3+ or if its a group of 20 a 2+ for 2D6 mortal wounds. But over all to my understanding its one of if not the best, artillery in the game right now.

Im not sure how i feel about the bloodreavers, im still building and painting the list, its actually my first, the plan was to use the tzeentch marked warriors as meat shields, empowering them from the shrine so they reroll all their failed saves, then use the halbards to poke over them to utilize their 2 inch range, bloodsecator behind them makes it nice for the extra attack. The bloodreavers were just he extra spice on it, a group of 30 with a blood secator sort of makes them a "You have to deal with this sooner or later." kinda unit.

As for knights again, i have heard great things about them but still wondering if glaves or enscrolled weapons. If i did take the knights, i think i would drop the reavers, but it seems a lot for 10, 400 points.

If i dropped the revers, i would probably also drop the secator and pick up a second hell cannon, which at that point my strategy would just be tar pit them and then let the range eat them up.

I heard a good way to run them is as 2 groups of 5, and trade them in and out on a unit. SO group one charges attacks, then next turn they fall back then group 2 charges in then you bounce back and forth.

Asking drawfriends for AoS edits was best decision ever

>literally how Cavalry work irl
Wonderful, maybe the pain of getting 10 built and painted will pay off

Yeah they fucking suck to put together, but you just need to watch out and make sure they dont pile in around you and block you from running out.

I'll just have to Plague Wind their shit up if they try it
:^)

Why bring Fireglaives? I don't see any kind of synergy here that would justify them over something like Blood Warriors

Skybourne Slayers is like a worse version of Warrior Brotherhood. You have less freedom of how to deploy and you can't bring Retributors to take down those big monsters.

Fireglaves are ranged so by using them to bubble wrap the artillery they can at least shoot back, vs blood warriors just standing there with their dicks in the wind lol.

Also checking your dubs and mine.

Light stormcast cavalry on demi-gryphs to complement the heavy-duty dracothian guard.
I'm down for that.

>GW still haven't shipped my stuff when i ordered it on Sunday
>I have 0 doubt it's because of that free art card

Guys.

How is it balanced in the General's Handbook in regards to steeds and other upgrades for characters?

I love the points system but why do, say, a Vampire Lord without wings cost the same as one who has wings?

Or an Orc Boss on a boar vs one not mounted on a boar?

Am I missing something?

Free upgrades

>I love the points system but why do, say, a Vampire Lord without wings cost the same as one who has wings?

>Or an Orc Boss on a boar vs one not mounted on a boar?

>Am I missing something?
No, it's like this.
Me too would like something for taking or not taking the steed/wings.

You can house rule it, like mounted/flying heroes being unable to take cover, or something like that.

So GW has sent my order to Italy instead of Silesia. Don't really know why but I expected something like this. Pic semi related - thank you, tired british worker

>Didn't realise that my army can either Tallyband or Daemon Cohort of Nurgle
Are those 2 formation really that good compared to say a 5 man Knight unit?

What's going on with this "GA books are on the AoS app" meme? Like 20 Anons confirmed that 90% of battalions are blocked on the app but still someone claims they are for free

If you want the GA battalions so bad, reach into your wallet and buy the books containing them. No one else is going to do it for you.

You fail to realize that a model without steed can comfortably hide behind a unit while a rider has to deal with every archer on the planet gunning for it.