MODERN GENERAL

How will Aether Revolt impact Modern? Which cards might find a home?

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bringing-gifts-to-the-table/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GB Tron with Fatal Push

How can SaheeliTwin be upgraded in modern to make it less shit?

>jeskai/izzet/boros control shell with saheeli as random filler combo?
>actually build around saheeli/cat to make it less jank

Treat it like twin I.e. a phenomenally solid tempo/control shell that happens to have an infinite combo t4. Never forget twin would often side the combo out in certain matchups.

time for b8
ban liliana
ban tarmygoyf
ban snapcaster
ban batterskull
unban sfm

Keep your wishlist for April

Lol. Gx Tron for remand vs. AN. City of brass for the land. Might try push instead of bolt, but i doubt it will make the SB

Is there a way we can just filter shitters that think banning Gitprobe and GGT was a good idea, and want to ban even more things?

>Modern is a format where Ancient Stirrings is perfectly fine but Gitaxian Probe is powerful enough to be banned.

I say unban it all and watch cloudpost fuck pussy zoo kids

I could see bant Geist making a comeback

Card power vacuum etc

Fucking why? Black has no sideboard to speak of, Pyroclasm has higher overall EV, sb Sudden Shock is better than Bolt, Path or this vs Infect Affinity and Kiln Fiend.

Yeah, go check out the frontier thread

Why do you think that? Did Aether Revolt deliver something for that deck?

It can stonewall aggro, and shrug off fatal push.

Have to watch where the Mets sets though

I'm gonna force every 3-4 color combinations of Push + Snapcaster decks so hard to get an idea of the powerlevel of the card.

Even BUG.

Saheeli can go into Emeria Titan

How ded is infect now?

Twin used Deciever Exarch and Pestermite, but Copycat/SaheeliTwin only has Felidar sovereign. What's a good card to use as Felidar Sovereign 5-8?

Not ded enough

The problem with geist is that it's three mana and can't compete with tarmogoyf/scooze/grim flayer in combat. Geist was always great against aggro decks that couldn't block him because he's the fastest clock in modern. If anything he gets worse.

As much as I would love to play a solid Elves deck with Zenith and clamp, I would not want to play Blazing Infect: the format.

Mental misstep my nigga. Infect is so full of one drops that it folds to that card so hard.

Infect would also jam 4 of those

As would everyone

No banlist modern devolves into delver with misstep/cruise/cantrips.

Fuck, I wish I hadn't traded in my extra copies back in November, I think I only got a dollar for them...

Theres a reason why MM is banned everywhere

It's because you just have to run 4 every time no matter what, even usually in vintage. It's just a shitty designed card.
>Those times where they misstep your misstep and you misstep there's only to find out they had another misstep
Literally the worst card ever printed

Yes. Thank you for explaining that to everyone.

My guess is that Yahenni's expertise will see some play, although -3 isn't enough for the goyf. At least it's a work around against hexproof and in case the opponent tries to do something against it, you can still push something else afterwards like a lili.

Is it good?

Does Invisible Stalker see play?

Wtf? No. Not even close. Are you for real?

Lol no, maybe in block

No.

Do you play Bogles?

>boggles
>running anything not gw
That deck list is so fucking strict, literally deviating at all from the pretty much 100% established shit is retarded

So a hexproof unblockable 2 drop is too weak for modern?

Well if modern is solved I won't even bother.

It can be run in Infect sb vs grindy decks (UWR/Jund kill themselves with shock+fetches so 12 life vs 10 poison isn't that relevant if they cannot do anything vs Stalker other than wrath/anger which you spell pierce or pump your dude out of range) and Death's Shadow (they put themselves below 10).

Just unban everything and rename modern to misstep. :^)

people in /modern/ only care about proven decks that have put up Top 8 wins.

If you wanna brew a boggles variant, this isn't the thread for you.

So is my zooicide deck dead now? I have no idea what to use as a replacement for probe.

I remember when we used to have fun brews and Jank on here, seems like a long time ago now ;_;. Also gay lumberjacks, but that wasn't too long

You can't. The combo will be weak in Standard, and it would be complete shit in Modern.

>people in /modern/ only care about proven decks that have put up Top 8 wins.
all that says is that you can't innovate. you have all these cards to use, but due to your own incompetence you're unable to come up with novel solutions to the metagame problem. this isn't standard. you have a lot of resources at your disposal.

>brews and Jank
Go to your shit legacy general, nobody wants you here

>all that says is that you can't innovate.
But you can try to

I like the meta call with the forestwalk
7/11

How is my sideboard? The main deck has done me well on Cockatrice a while back and am about to commit to buying it.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bringing-gifts-to-the-table/

anyone trying to innovate in this format has my fucking seal of approval

During the last Modern FNM, every single player brought his or her homebrew or budget list, no one had an actual tier-listed deck
Best FNM ever

Which Expertise would work best in Bird Brain?

Do people still play that deck?

Did someone ever?

>gay lumerjacks
Nani?

Why do you even play modern if you don't want to play with our against any of the decks that make up the top scene?
Just play casual kitchen table then

>Why do you even play modern if you don't want to play with our against any of the decks that make up the top scene?
When did I say I didn't want to play with top decks ?
The format has plenty of room for innovation, playing against original decks feels more fun

Also I can't spend hundred of dollars in a deck so it helps bringing the level to my own

once upon a time a bunch of anons in modern general start a multi-thread shitposting battle about their preferred brand of chainsaw. and people who were tired of the bickering started calling them gay lumberjacks and it was a meme for a short time.

I'm a stihl man, myself

LOL it always comes down to poorfags

This looks like a solid list, assaid, Forestwalk is an excellent meta call

Alright guys, I'm slow as fuck and have been living in a cave but,
>Gitaxian probe banned.
FUCKING CALLED IT! Not here though.

>Literally unironically choosing an inferior product
Listen bud, just cause the faggot at Tractor supply assured you that you're getting a top of the line "quality product" that means nothing. If you don't deal with Jonsered you can fuck off. Any guy that ever wants to bring some piece of shit Stihl to one of my sites I got 3 works for him. It's "Fuck, right, off"

You have 10 seconds to explain to me why dredge gets a ban but affinity doesn't. It's literally the exact same fucking deck but switch the weak to artifact hate to weak to grave yard hate. Literally not a single fucking difference.

Affinity is probably next on the chopping block.
As to your question, Affinity is vulnerable to removal, the most common form of interaction in Modern, whereas dredge dgaf. That's pretty big.

>graveyard hate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> artifact hate

T. Someone who never played robots

I doubt it will ever see a ban. It's a quick aggro deck that relies on critical mass and synergies between otherwise poor creatures
It's far from dominating and it's a mainstay of modern. Instantly recognizable. Moreso than Twin

Doesn't Affinity usually present most of it's damage through one creature (cranial plating)? Dredge always dumps a bunch of 2/1s and 3/3s

Guys let's not do this meme again, can't we go back to one of our classics like tron is a control deck?

You can bolt Ravager target after they sacced their entire board for an early kill. If you kill something in Dredge it just gets back up, or they have several other copies in play anyway.

>affinity
>aggro

Heh, common misconception, user. But actually, affinity is a combo deck. You see, you need to use a combination of creatures that synergize to win, not just turn your guys sideways.

:^)

So fucking what? Everyone has been sideboarding for dredge ever since Kaladesh release and it still takes up a large portion of the metagame. The big difference is that, for most decks, you need to draw your dredge hate to even have a chance of winning, whereas Affinity is beatable without drawing into your sideboard hate because most decks already have relevant cards for the matchup (removal).

I'm not poor, I'm a student
Everything will change when I'll have a job next month

>Affinity is probably next on the chopping block.
I've heard that before the previous 3+ bans

What will be the top deck now guys?
Tron? Burn? Jund? Affinity?

>hurr durr muh 2% quality increase
I'm sorry I'm not retarded enough to pay the extra premium chump price to wank off my name brand superiorness to the other gay lumberjacks at the worksite. Get back in your Ford F150©SuperDuty™ and fuck right off

I've been playing Affinity for two years and I'm just worried is all. It probably is next. I certainly hope not as Affinity is the only reason why I still play Modern.

Probably Jund (especially now that fatal push is a card). Affinity and Burn is probably not too far behind. I doubt Tron can really be the top deck, as the decks that keep it in check are everywhere.

It's been going on longer than that. Far longer. Some people really hate affinity.

>playing R/W Burn on MTGO

The only thing that makes me happier than someone bolting a Hellspark Elemental is when they Path it after I unearth it.

I don't see much of a difference between Affinity and Dredge either. Both seem overwhelmingly powerful unless crippled by sideboard cards. But what would you ban to knock the legs from underneath Affinity? Cranial Plating or Arcbound Ravager? Or is there another card for the deck that would make more sense?

Usually fags cry Mox Opal cause they're jealous of fast mana.

>Retards actually think Affinity is combo or aggro
Lmao, straight retarded, any true pro knows that affinity is a control deck. You control the board and make skillful decisive trades and decisions, and then after that you have a grinder finish by repeatedly beating them down with a man land. I can't even believe I share a thread with retards like you two.

>mox Opal
>not broken
Sure

YO I'M REAL HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT HUSQVARNA MAKES THE GREATEST CHAINSAW OF ALL TIME

Affinity wouldn't survive without it and affinity hasn't done anything wrong

>affinity wouldn't survive without it
Actually it would, it just wouldn't have those retarded turn 1 dump your hand pass turns.

>Emeria Titan

But it's cmc 4.

To be fair Infect just got nerfed and if you just have 4 Sudden Shocks in 75 + anything else you're favored since you can ride any payoff to victory unchallenged, even Karn restart. Burn gets beat by Wurmcoil, Pyroclasm and Nature's Claim, 40/60 at most. The matchups you have no right winning (Ad Nauseam and Living End) are pretty nonexistent. Everything else is favored (all midrange and URx) or 50/50 (Merfolk). The deck loses mostly to itself.

No it literally wouldn't, if Springleaf Drum was the only accelerant all your draws would be on average 2 turns slower, which is outclassed by every other fast deck in the format and gives BGx and URx too much time to find sweepers.

Fuck off. People like you ruin modern

They should really unban Chrome Mox.

>not using echo
I bet you play tron too faggot

Chord deck with enters the battlefield triggers and saheeli to copy your value and silver bullets when your not going off. Probably just 1 guardian but chord and maybe eldrith evolution can find it. Then pick another rando combo and mash it together with that. Maybe knigt or the reliquary and that landfall enchantment or melira combo or whatver

>Annally ravaged affinity players crying out in anguish cause they know the hammer is coming down on them
My little brother played a budget affinity without opals for a long time before he could afford them. Deck did fine, went first at fnm a few times and was always competitive. But the thing was he just never had those retarded hand dump starts, and it actually made it bearable. But please keep crying, I'm gonna nut so hard when you faggots actually have to play a fair deck.

>printing a shit resto
For what purpose?

No one cares about your hypothetical anecdote FNMs of Bumfuck Nowhere, this is the competitive thread and Affinity without Opals isn't a competitive deck. Actively playing a deck isn't a prerequisite to grasping facts about it.

It's not getting banned. You're brothers deck was shit. Your local scene must be very casual. Time to stop posting

>I'm gonna nut so hard when you faggots actually have to play a fair deck.
*raises paw*
But, user, Affinity is a fair deck.

Needs more guys
Cut the larger for life shave a titanic growth and a bite Probably for that hydra guy and 2 whatever rando energy guy you like and then you can probably do ok at an fnm

>Affinity without Opal isn't consistently a tier 1 deck
Fixed that for you
>It's not getting banned
Sure bud, just wait until infect and Dredge go down and there's nothing but affinity left, then we'll see. Also
>ur brothers deck was shit cause I said so!
True, every time an affinity deck doesn't draw Opal it has never won, not in the history of Magic has any modern affinity deck won without opal. Maybe if you weren't a net decking faggot you'd realize that not literally only tier 1 shit will win every time. I live in Boston, and I assure you it's not casual.