When you fail to save someone and you see them later returned as one of the undead

>when you fail to save someone and you see them later returned as one of the undead
>when they scream/repeat their last words over and over again during the fight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ldNSMnEeKio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> >when they scream/repeat their last words over and over again during the fight
"Trust me, you can replace the peanut butter in a sandwich by the gelatinous cube slime, and no one will notice!"

>>when they scream/repeat their last words over and over again during the fight
Also,
"What are you going to do, stab me?"
>moments before being lethally stabbed

"I didn't find any traps here, we're good, trust me."

>"What are you going to do, stab me? What are you going to do, stab me? What are you going to do, stab me?"

That's actually really good. Instead of all this angsty shit its a barely recognizable but decidedly smug zombie mocking the guy.

"Hold my ale, and watch this."

"Remember, I'll always be there for youu~AAAAAAAARGH!"

I did something similar to my players once. They were raiding a dwarvern mining ship (long story) and the creature that had killed them all had reanimated each of the bodies like one long centipede of dead bodies, each yelling the last thing they had said in death.

Also it had 6 actions per turn. Players really had to fight hard to put it down.

Reminds me of the new (actually immortal) FF villain going "Did you really just try to kill me?"

"I'm allergic to banana you fucking half-wit!"

"I'll shoot the wizard".

Did I do good, heroes? I didn't let you down. Right?

That was Prompto, Ardyn was using illusions

That wasnt him. That was Ardyn disguising Prompto. Thats why he says "Dude are you seriously trying to kill me?!" Watch the scene again.

>what will, wife say?
>n-need to open the shop
>I. Do not. Want. To. Die.

Dragon's Dogma zombies are full of this stuff.

>when the DM does undead right
Nothing's more boring than fighting enemies just because they're there. But stuff like this? This is good. This makes the fight interesting.

Really like how this turned into a joke thread but in all seriousness I love this shit and i base a lot of my backstories on something similar to pic related

>When this happens when you've been incapacitated by the necromancer villain and they reanimate them right in front of you and keep them around in that state
>When they capture a PC and return them to the party and they're some horrid twisted version of themselves blocking you from getting to the BBEG in a straight-cut scenario where you thought the final battle was about to go underway

On that note:
>Party's first Lich, so no one knows anything, and everyone thinks he can kill by touch and the Lich "kills" a PC This only ever works with newcomers Party runs away.
>Later, end up fighting this Death knight bodyguard the Lich has who hounds you over and over again throughout the campaign and protects his master fervently, often completely holding the line against the party in many encounters
>Finally beat the guy
>Helmet comes off
>It's the first man down
>Party learn about Lich paralysis after this
>Realize what they did

>What's wrong big boy? Never got your ass fucked by a demon before?

GUYS REZ PLZ REZ OMG REZ

Cant tell if those were HIS last words or the last ones he ever heard

doot

The only time we had this happen was with a Skaven warband. Sturmratten left behind was re-animated by a vampire we later faced.
"It's you! Even in death you betray me!"

I once had undead enchanted by a villain to appear to be the comrades of the player characters (who the living characters thought were dead)

>"SLOW DOWN WE'RE GONNA-"

>"I'm of no use to you alive."

>"OW OW OW"

>"GET ME DOWN FROM HERE"

>"Guys, zombies can't climb stairs!"

>"Lemme just boil some water, okay?"

>"Why capture me? I don't know anything!"

>"If a tree falls in the woods, and the only one around to hear it is under it, does it make a sound?"

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

>"My clothes are dirty."
>"I don't want to go..."
>"Where are you...?"
>"Hahahaa....."
>"Want to go home."
>"My baby."
>"I don't want to die."
>"I'm so hungry..."
>"Must keep working..."
>"What will the wife say..."
>"Needed back at the shop..."
>"So weary..."

>Undeath is just an extended metaphor for depression

>IT'S TIME TO REINSTALL ШINDOWS

>after finishing the first chapter of the campaign, you are turned into undead
>you then return to your starting area to haunt and devour your previous comrades

Death Knight starting experience please go.

Does that mean vampires are just extended metaphors goths/emos, then?

>You guys can always find a priest, right?

>kill them
>they say "Thank you"
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuck

>"Hey, who turned out the lights?"
Shut up, Proper Dave. You're drunk.

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

Who is this seamen demeanen?

ШINDOWS WON'T REINSTALL ITSELF

"Look, I know these woods like the back of my hand and I can swear up and down that there are no pitfalls anywhere near-"

Why do you think they all dress in overly elaborate black outfits? Like, you never see a vampire just hanging around in sweat pants and a hoodie. Always black lace and velvet and shit.

"I have been living with Orcs since I was a kid, I am sure most of them are nice people"

youtu.be/ldNSMnEeKio
>"Don't worry, stay with me mate, we'll be out soon, just need to finish these guys off then we'll get all healed up, alright? Just.. just hold on till then alright? I'll... don't worry about me. We'll get through, we always do"
>"Give me a weapon! A sword, a spear, a dagger, anything! I can't go to Valhalla without a weapon! Please!"
>"Guys I'm here! Help me up! I've got something that'll help us get.. Wait! DON'T LEAVE ME! DON'T LEAVE ME!"
>"It hurts! IT HURTS! I don't care anymore, JUST MAKE THE PAIN STOP!"
>"You'll take me out right? To a priest? You always pull something off, I trust you."
>"It's so cold..."

>You guys wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

>Welp We're Boned

"Before I die, the one behind all of this is..."

>"Oh look, a penny"

You gotta--You gotta--You gotta

>Count Dracula's cousin Count Bill
Just chilling out together, Dracula making snide fucking remarks about bills sweatpants, tank top, and hoodie, until Bill loses his shit about how it's hard to find a dry cleaner that's open at night.

>PTSD Simulator
I like you, user.

In my Age of Discovery setting, I'm running "ghouls" for full horror. They're still sapient (and retain memories unless they've suffered severe brain damage), but being dead they're completely apathetic.

They'll talk about past experiences ("Remember that time I carried you home after you fell out of the big tree by the well?") or generally try to unnerve you. Confessing to murders they didn't commit to bait people into attacking rashly? Check. Falsly begging for mercy so enemies lower their guard before attacking? Check. They've also been seen doing shit like helping lost children find their way back to a village, waving off a reward beyond a hay pile to sleep in, and then waking in the night to devour the entire village as they sleep.

>not being a Necromancer
>not investing spell slots to revive every character your murder hobo friends kill for no reason and make them mumble their last thoughts/words over and over to haunt them

It's hilarious.

>"What are you going to do, stab me?"
>Fight goes on
>You stab them
>Nothing happens, because they are undead
>Have to hack them to pieces
That would be pretty intense.

Perfect for a Sthrad Zombie.