Necron Dynasty Creation

Since their hasn't been many Dynasties made, let's roll one up. Roll d100 for their side in the Secession Wars.

Rolled 29 (1d100)

I'm hyped for this

They fought in under the command of a higher Dynasty's Nemesor. Roll a d10 for the C'tan they fought with before betrayal.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

They followed the Deceiver, automatically making them huge dicks. Roll another d10 for who they hate.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

We hate the pitiful forces of Chaos! Roll another d10 for how much damage we sustained during our long sleep.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

We still believe we are Meatbags, causing us to be afraid of death. Well, this is getting interesting. Roll a d100 for our plans and goals.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

We hate all life and want to eradicate it wherever we find it, in the old-fashioned Necron way! Roll one more d100 for our favoured conversion subject.

dice+d100

Rolled 49 (1d100)

We seek to convert Eldar! Well, that's all the dice rolling done. We have a Dynasty that served under a Nemesor of a greater dynasty, fought alongside the Deceiver. We hate Chaos, still believe we are Meatbags, hate all life and Seek to convert Eldar.

So, what can we do with this?

>Think we are living
>Hate all life
>...does not compute
>end rout program

Presumably all life OTHER THAN ourselves

Finally

The Great Deceiver's gambit is coming to fruition, for we awaken

We, of the Nemakhai Dynasty have risen once more to exact the plots of our master and bring death to all things as once we did in eons past

It seems that in these long years of slumber, life and the poisonous fruit thereof, the foul realm of souls, have once again grown far past acceptable boundaries

In order to follow the master's plan, we must go forth and eradicate the living of this world and every other in order to deprive the parasitical warp its prey and once again rise above all others as the master race of this galaxy and all others

Or they're the biggest hypocrites since the Emperor himself.

any qualms with the name? thoughts or suggestions? this is the first time i've caught one of these threads so early so I'm eager to help

Alright, so we are alive or think we are? How can we flavor this? Do we just fear death and thus don't march headlong into enemy fire? Do we soften up our conquests with a little trickery? Are our schemes going down in history?

Our esteemed overlord, Seshedes the Rotten, is a master of manipulation, traps and misdirection. Back in the ancient war, he was notorious for the tricks played and traps sprung on his enemies amongst the Eldar, Krork, and among other Necrons

It was said that the Overlord himself was, at the height of his power, able to convince a Krork warlord that Seshedes was the warlord, and submitted to Seshedes orders

perhaps they're going to destroy themselves after killing everyone else?

Nah, you see since they are basically not connected to the warp, their presence in the galaxy doesn't contribute hardly at all to the warp itself

This means that they just have to kill all other speices that do help give the warp power in order to de-power it, and therefore destroy their enemy, Chaos

perhaps they're just extremely lawful and strive for a universe without any forms of life whatsoever so that everything functions like a giant clock with stars and planets instead of cogs?

I like that, ultimate order is our goal

Seshedes was then able to use the warband to divert a major eldar offensive against his allies and preserve the Deceiver's plot

OP here, did not expect this to become as detailed as you all made it.

OP, what are our colors?

Maybe a Dark Green, with some gold accents to represent our ties to the Deceiver.

I suggest a combination of purple and a darker shade of purple with white highlights

Something similar to this

That could work, anyone able to drawfag that?

W E A R E N U M B E R O N E

some ideas:
>pure white, sterile as death
>bone white for spooky effect
>pure black, as black is the absence of color
>gold, for general bling

I feel like Seshedes would have a lot of Deathmarks and Canoptek Wraiths under his command due to his style of warfare.

I also have this feeling he would have a lot of flayed ones

I support this. Maybe they have a unique cadre of Deathmarks?

I like the pure white idea, maybe with fleshy red highlights if they still think they're meatbags

So like actual Skeletons, with red bits on the limbs and guns to represent muscle?

Nice, much better than my shitty meme

>Not thinking that's how Seshedes dresses up in private

Seshedes:If you wanna be a Necron number one, you have to catch an Autarch on the Run!

Maybe they look like this?

I was personally thinking of a bone/pale cream with shading and lining the colour of raw pork, but that could be cool too

So what tactics could they use? Flayed Ones and Canopteks in first to cause maximum panic and chaos while Deathmarks taking out key personnel?

Come to think of it, Grievous comes to mind almost perfectly

Yeah, that sounds cool. Possibly, due to the fact that this dynasty thinks that they are still human, Flayed Ones are treated a Lot worse, to the point of being nearly destroyed out of sheer contempt.

something like this?

That looks awesome! So, do we all agree that this is the Colour Scheme?

aye

I am in agreement

Alright, I'll give anyone who disagrees five minutes to object. If nobody objects, then >51151672 is the colour scheme of the Nemekhai Dynasty.

So since Seshedes he and his minions are still living, but wish that everything else be destroyed, maybe his character would be a secretive and paranoid one? One bent on preserving himself and his armies at the cost of even other necrons?

*Seshedes believes

Alright, because I am weird, I was thinking about the layout of their tomb complex and how it could be flavored to their dynasty specifically

I was thinking that below the planet's surface, a gigantic cavern connects to different portions of the complex, but the cavern isn't open, its a labyrinthine canyon with many different paths and offshoots

The canyon twists and turns, leading into all manner of ambushes, traps, and illusions, all meant to keep the invaders in the canyon as long as possible, while whittling down their forces as they go

The design of the labyrinth is alien, created by a mind scarcely any could comprehend, and is therefore difficult for any other than a necron to navigate with any sense of direction

Looks a little like White Scars, but that's just me. If it was possible I would like to see the inside cables and such painted a more organic color rather than white with red trim but I don't think the program does that.

Maybe more of a dried blood colour for the external plating and more of a fleshier tone for the inside?

Hmm, that could work, maybe he, among other Overlords, was known as a teamkilling fucktard who would gladly abandon another Dynastyies Warriors just to save his own?

The inside cables are actually just smeared with gore

They put organs where they think they should be based on what the organs look like

Different Necrons use different organs from different creatures based on what type of creature they think closest resembles themselves

Kinda like the Greek labyrinth? Because that is a really good idea. Maybe they keep an extra large Canoptek drone patrolling it, so if any intruders get to close to the tomb complex...

This would be a good link to large amounts of Flayed Ones amongst Seshedes' court. The flayed ones picking the battlefields clean to be distributed among the dynasty

You guys are all right.

So, any ideas about the outward terrain of the Tomb World geographically speaking?

Yeah, something like that. In my head I'm almost picturing them as having a tyranid-esque color scheme with plates of one color covering a more flesh-y color which shows through mostly at the joints and such.

You are Allright too, user.

this is the most I could do
I'm not sure that would make sense considering their hatred of all life

Question: Does hatred of all life include flora and fauna? Because I really want to see my mental image of Seshedes and his courtiers having private gardens or caged birds for their own entertainment

Yes. They torture blades of grass. Because why the hell not.

But they still think they're alive. So maybe its kind of a compensation thing

Anyone remember Malachor V from Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2? That's what I'm thinking, sans-big ass monsters

>The courtiers learn to bare maniacal laughter from Seshedes' private chambers. He doesn't admit it but everyone knows all he's doing is dissecting flowers and small twigs

like this

I like the idea of them trying to kill sentient life in order to wipe out Chaos. Or maybe that was originally their purpose but it got perverted over time and during the sleep.

>this is the most I could do
The first one was fine.

*bear

Holy crap that looks so fitting

The planet is a blasted hell-scape, incapable of providing even the most basic life the means of survival. Wicked, green energies arc from monolith to monolith across the small, tortured planet

While within, a palace of opulence waits for those that can escape the labyrinth. Flesh is popular amongst the nobility here, and exotic exteriors from accross the galaxy can be found within the palace

No sentient life exists here, aside from the masters of this world themselves. But pets and flora are favored by some of the more eccentric of nobles here.

Intelligent life is hated because it feeds the great enemy, but why not enjoy the splendor the galaxy provides? why not indulge in all the pretty creatures and plants there are to see?

I can get behind this

So, what do you think the Drone operating in the Tomb Labyrinth should be? I'm thinking a giant, sentinel-like robot about twice the size of an average warrior.

Pic related.

There are many dangers to be found in the labyrinth

Among them, insane Flayed ones wander both the labyrinth and the surface looking for fleshy being to take the skin of for themselves

A larger than normal Canoptek spider drone roves the labyrinth, looking for intruders to maul to death, or drown in smaller drones. Few enemies withstand this foe, for both its endurance and killing power are hard to match in the confines of the labyrinth

I feel like a canoptek spider-construct would be fitting. A bone-white leviathan stalking amongst the mists of the labyrinth. Its gears and motors quietly whirring. Sonar clicks sounding out into the dark like a creature seeking out its prey. Blood splatters and strips of dried gore stain the constructs legs and face plate. Remnants of previous intruders

Awesome.

Well, I've gotta go. Keep this thread alive!

that planet looks like it might not even have a proper atmosphere, and definitely not a breathable one
that would be a pretty useful for defense

Don't go to Mandragora tomorrow.

Over the planet lies a difficult-to-navigate junk field containing many ships of failed invasions past, some wrecks dating back as far as the beginning of the War in Heaven

Some of the junk is just malfunctioning ork ships that never saw combat and have been floating above the planet since, with crews warring amongst each other for eons

The orks there resemble original Krorks more closely than modern equivalents, and would gladly invade the planet were it not for the fact that they had forgotten why they were there originally

These Necrons were subservient to a larger dynasty right?

Are we still subservient, or is that no longer the case, whether through conquest or degradation?

Also, are we part of a greater empire, or are we remote enough to be our own deal, governing our space by our own wacky rules

This?

Fucking, I mean this

bump

I am going to say that the Necrons are no longer part of a larger dynasty, due to the destruction of other nearby tomb worlds but not their own

This widespread destruction was the reason this tomb world came back online in the first place, as a precautionary measure

I am also going to say that the Necrons Dynasty that they were originally subservient to was not loyalist like our boys were, but Seshedes was smart and kept his head down, plotting an uprising in the name of the Deceiver, but was unable to bring the plan to fruition due to the mass shut-down order given out.

Seeing the wisdom in the order, as well as a chance to possibly break away from the rebel Dynasty, Seshedes continued playing the long con. The REALLY long con.

Upon awakening, Seshedes found the other tomb worlds in shambles, either destroyed or nearly there at the hands of a wild bloodthirsty Chaos warband. With excesses of Just as Planned, disguises and endless hair-tearing frustration on the Chaos warband's end, Seshedes was able to expel the hated enemy and reclaim the remnants of the old Dynasty and finish his ageless scheming

Also upon waking did Seshedes encounter the error running wild in his own dynasty, the belief that many were still alive

Seshedes found this hilarious, and has been going around his tomb world dressed in various skins of his enemies playing pranks on his own people in his spare time

Thus far, activity from this remote, far off tomb world has been negligible, with no signs of mass invasion or attempts to claim other as of yet inactive tomb worlds in order to expand his old borders

Why this is, is anyone's guess. Maybe Seshedes is having too much fun playing pranks on his own people. Maybe he is still scheming, thinking a lot in order to cook up some Master Plot. Maybe this Plot is already in motion, a seamless machine already active, implacable as any marching army

Of all his disguises, the eldar are Seshedes favorite, and are also typically favored by his nobility

This is due to his drive to be the best conniver out there, better than all the rest, and sees that in this new age, eldar are really good at misdirection and tricks

he also thinks its funny to trick eldar by wearing their allies' skins to kill them

Would it be believable to say that Seshedes has a shard of the Deceiver in his possession that he uses for precognition in order to get a leg up in his schemes?

Like, he's not trying to find more, or become ascendant himself, and isn't a slave to it

He just uses it to see a little bit into the future, sometimes really far into the future