WITNESS YOUR DOOM!!!

WITNESS YOUR DOOM!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QTESLdiHfHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VrHhS5IkRR0
youtube.com/watch?v=RtAH7kGEqic
google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg&ved=0ahUKEwj67YqSnbvRAhULuxQKHSJlDxwQwqsBCBwwAA&usg=AFQjCNEsEkMgfc9jwagnptWPyTm_ykJHPQ&sig2=T9g4HIQobKGzYBJSI2jLfw
youtube.com/watch?v=OJhtIv_Yd5w
youtube.com/watch?v=P-1-PQRbD28
youtu.be/ioyLptGWKaw
youtube.com/watch?v=4naWtyVunLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg
youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE
youtube.com/watch?v=n0FEo2WSLBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

okay

yep, that's doom alright

That's not my Doom.

Who's Doom is it?

He's not witnessing a damn thing with that hat on

MY WIFE FOR HIRE

>not in DoW2
Dropped.

WHERE'S THAT ARTILLERY!?

IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR YOURSELF.

It's that time again.

MULTIPLE
SIMULTANEOUS
DEFENSIVE
DEEP STRIKES

>mfw watching that dreadnought unload its assault cannon into the greenskin horde every single time

*Whirr, Beep*

GEE A HOUSE!

youtu.be/QTESLdiHfHQ

>That GOAT voiceover

I AM THE EMPEROR'S WILL, MADE MANIFEST!

youtube.com/watch?v=VrHhS5IkRR0

HOTTEST BURN THIS SIDE OF NOCTURNE

>DO THE DEATHS OF YOURS MEAN SO MUCH TO YOU
>ARE YOU THAT WEAK?

Thule is insane

>DoW3 is a another piece of trash just like DoW2

>wearing metal underpants on your head.

rhinos, RHINOS! our enemy hide in METAL BOXES the COWARDS the FOOLS!

A thread died for this

youtube.com/watch?v=RtAH7kGEqic

>that scream to sound off the charge

Oh no! Another General died!?

It better atleast have bantz and my blood raven boys coming back

Why carefully spend all those years balancing the factions between shades of grey and then just come out with the tau and make them the good guys.

So much Scott McNeil

The general was O'Kias

>Thule is insane
I like how reasonable he is in DoW2 by comparison. Makes a good contrast, DoW2 vs DoW1: here's Thule talking to a person, and here's him talking to a living manifestation of everything he's ever hated.

What's the significance?

DRIVE ME CLOSER I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD

>good guys.
because pheromones and big brother

O'kias is the biggest kool aid drinker of the Tau commanders

>chaos
>shades of grey

Ah,the classic

Compare it to every other faction who will straight up kill you and have even more authoritarian government.
half of the bad points for tau only happen in dow anyway.

Well there are unambiguous bad guys but Imperium, eldar, necrons, arguably orks are all shades of grey.

I swear Castor better come back

Or Stubbs

The necrons were still "kill everything" levels of bad guys at the time.

Honestly, I'd argue that Orks are grey simply because I think they're too stupid to realize what they're doing. They're basically big dumb animals following the genetic programming that's hard-wired into their brains. They literally don't know better than to act the way they do.

Freebootzas must have been wired wrong since they seem to be able to make deals

Having all the factions be evil would be fine if 40k was still tongue-in-cheek. Since GW started making it 99% serious, some contrast is imo welcome

google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg&ved=0ahUKEwj67YqSnbvRAhULuxQKHSJlDxwQwqsBCBwwAA&usg=AFQjCNEsEkMgfc9jwagnptWPyTm_ykJHPQ&sig2=T9g4HIQobKGzYBJSI2jLfw
This baldness

youtube.com/watch?v=OJhtIv_Yd5w

How come DoW 3 hasnt mentioned the rest of the Blood Raven squad?

Angelos and Jonah are boring

*rams chaos grand cruiser*

>although the eldar have no evil points unless you think respecting the rights of other species is some inherent good. From an eldar point of view, the eldar are good. that's all that should really be measured.

Shades of grey are very important for a serious setting imo, making tau the good guys just cheapens the idea that the universe is so harsh that you have to compromise some values, or you simply have to fight a constant war to uphold them (like corruption within the imperium).

This URL

Thaddeus and Hair Gel are currently crusading.

Probably found some jet bikes and multiple STCs by now

Ah k !

Why hasnt any of the DoW games given us space marine bikes?

DE, tyranids and chaos, have no shades of any color whatsoever, do you have problem with them also? I think you already said that you don't when it comes to chaos, but then, why them being clearly bad is ok and tau being (in this argument) clearly good is not?

Tyranids are only bad from a non tyranid point of view.
I guess it's because the evil of the DE and Chaos comes from completely embracing their flaws and deciding to shit everything up rather than to be perfect and virtuous like the tau.

Was that what he was saying? I could never tell because how goddamn loud it always was- I'd target him just to shut the guy up!

youtube.com/watch?v=P-1-PQRbD28

>later games limited your terminators
>no more massed choom choom choom of stormbolter fire

What do you think would happen to the astartes if the great crusade had been successful? The Thunder Warriors are a good example.

Fighting against your own eventual obsolescence isn't that condemnable of an act

SLY MARBOOOOOOOOOO

>inb4 TTShit

youtu.be/ioyLptGWKaw

>Tyranids are only bad from a non tyranid point of view.
No faction is bad from this faction's point of view dude. And tau aren't 'perfect and virtuous' for the sake of it, they do the stuff the way the do it because they find it the most effective way to accomplish they goals (building an empire). It's the same for every other faction - DE raid, rape, and do drugs because they know no other way of keeping themselves alive, not for the sake of being edgy

>this link
>borealeposting
>the current year

They know of another way, all the other eldar are doing it.

Commoragh is a fucking hellhole, living under the dark eldar is objectively the worst option for an eldar.
the same goes for chaos, they pretty much worship misery and despair and worship of chaos doesn't actually benefit anyone except the chaos gods (MAYBE, they'll give you a boon) but the vast majority will just be used up and spat out to destroy their own species.

Every other faction is trying to expand their influence, sometimes their empires as well. If the tau somehow find that the best way is to be extremely virtuous then that's just the way it was written, it doesn't cheapen the action, they could just as easily genocide every one they come up against and populate their planets with more tau.
The problem with tau is that not only are they the good guys for tau, but they're also the good guys from the point of view of every other species as well. They also have the best tactics, rapidly innovating technology etc.
It just fucking grinds my gears because they make every other faction look like shit in comparison.

That line of logic falls apart once you remember that they started worshiping the LITERAL FUCKING DEVILS of their setting to accomplish those goals. There's not much objective good in 40k, but there's a lot of objective evil, and Chaos is as evil as it gets. Regardless of their prior intentions, they went off the deep end.

Well, yea, they know another way exists, though whether they don't make use of it is because they don't have the same technology as the other eldar (as far as I know DE don't make use of wraithbone and don't have infinite circuits), are too arrogant in their ways to change, or refuse to let go of the lives as eldar rather than souls trapped in a piece of modern art, my point still stands: they do what they do because considering they resources and goals, it is the best way of accomplishing it, and that goal is not 'be edgy'. Every faction in 40k has some other goal, than 'do the stuff you do in the most 'you' way possible'. Tau are no exception

Except that the transition from soldier to administrator isn't strange at all. What use has a soldier for blood that grants long life to the drinker?

>Chaos is pure black
Yes, I think it would be better for chaos to have shades. Bet it would really help CSM not be saturday cartoon villains they are now.

What if DoW 3s IG expansion gives us multiple regiments?

DOW 2 had krieg dlc i don't see why not.
But DOW 3 doesn't even have IG so you'll have to fucking wait a while.

IG regiments were cut from Retribution and only Catachans got added

There were voice lines mentioning Vostroyan,Elysian, and Tallarn

They really nailed catachans in the game. Hopefully they make a return in DOW3 through an expansion.

the joke is that they would be bad guys in normal settings

>KNIVES OUT BOYS

youtube.com/watch?v=4naWtyVunLQ

>The unorthdox combo of Catachans and Lord commissar that can fucking clean house

I'm pretty sure the only species that view the tau as the good guys are the ones that join their empire, not the actual factions of the setting. And sure, 40k is poorly written, that's for sure. Still, it's silly to say that there is no in-universe reason for the tau to behave like they do other than that they wanting to be 'good'

what i noticed , there are a lot of voice lines that never got used in the games (fix bayonets/pull out your knifes) probably from game mechanics that were never used. kinda sad.

WETNESS YOUR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Every species that doesn't simply live for war, should view the tau as benevolent because they are. Under this lore, anyone who fights for the imperium is fighting for the imperium, not humanity. Most humans are going to be better off under the tau empire and the same goes for every other race, even the eldar should view the tau as good simply because they're friendly and willing to help.
And again, it doesn't matter WHY the tau do the things they do, what matters is that they ARE good.

Yea, they should, still, apart from some of the eldar, they don't, cause little in the setting makes sense. Other than that, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because for me me it does not matter that some factions in 40k ARE good, as long as the reason WHY they do it makes sense in-universe. After all, I have never seen any fluff in which tau consider themselves morally better than others, only better as in more efficient; and every faction considers itself to be the one in the right without ever questioning it's morality.
All I was arguing about, though, was that as long as it is ok to have purely evil factions I don't see why it shouldn't be ok to have purely good factions considering that nowadays GW wants the setting to be serious

>The problem with tau is that not only are they the good guys for tau, but they're also the good guys from the point of view of every other species as well.

>Those from the Imperium that don't want to kill them think that the Tau are too strict and a bit arrogant.
>The Eldar's opinions of them are between just another group of mon'keigh to well-intentioned morons. (only Eldrad see potential on them)
>The sane Necrons think they are another bunch of home-breakers.
>Orks think they are too squishy with lame dakka.
>Dark Eldar finds them really naive.
>Chaos hates their weak souls.
>For Tyranids they are still food.

GLOOORY TO THE FIRST MAN TO DIE

>GW
>carefully
>spend time balancing
>shades of grey
kek

FAITH, IS A TURTLE

QUIT ZOGGIN' ME TITS

>so says the slave to the free man
I concur

Daemons are manifestations of all of our strongest emotions and desires. If Chaos is an evil, it is an honest one, which is better than a mask on a throne with a gossamer-thin layer of gold on it.

Most Chaos marines, barring word bearers, see Chaos as a means to an end.

Sucks if you want to play Deathwing

So are Blood Axez and back in the day all orks took human slave worlds to make shit for them.

>Shades of grey are very important for a serious setting
>40k is a serious setting
Kek

That said, it's more like everyone in 40k is a shade of black and tau are sorta grey if you ignore that their entire "peaceful" empire is built on lies, manipulation, propaganda, and selective but secretive ethnic cleansing.

Every time I heard this line I got scared and then thought it was the beginning of a Black Sabbath song.

THIS IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THE RIGHTEOUS

Scum

youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH

THINGS WILL GET LOUD NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE

Tts proves you wrong

>Mfw there will never be a Kasrkin Commando game

>hurr it used to be a parody.
Guess what faggot, 40k has been deadly fucking serious for a far longer time than it was ever a parody.

>here's Thule talking to a person, and here's him talking to a living manifestation of everything he's ever hated
I like that he was the one who gorgutz was the most amiable with. Bare contempt is refreshing when compared with all the glib smugness of the other factions.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0FEo2WSLBM

>tts
Who? sounds like a fan made animation.

>tau
>strict
>compared to the imperium
And all the other races think they're naive, that's not the same as thinking they aren't the good guys. That's simply a lack of experience not a moral deficit.

I feel the warp overtaking me... it is a good pain

>parody
I never once called it a parody, don't put words in my mouth. I just said it was never once meant to be taken seriously.

If I was being more specific, I'd have called it a goddamn joke. It's poorly written Dune fanfiction splattered with 80's metal album art and whatever else nerds in the day thought would be "radicool".

That's how you get retarded shit like Nightlord Darkbad Hammerskull perched atop his Murderthrone in the highest room of his Blighttower, which resides next to the most raging Bloodriver of all the Spookyzone as he plots how to kill Lord-Knight Sortagood Skullhammer, most devout and skilled Genocide Templar of all the Crusadecimators.

And if you take that shit seriously, then you've got some serious autism issues to work through.

dow, dark crusade and (with extreme reservations) soulstorm set the bar for voice acting in 40k gaming.

Yes it's so ham that the christian orthodoxy considers it haram, but I defy you not to get just a little bit aroused when

>Failure is the weakness of the enemy
>KEEP FIRING TILL I SEE THE GLOW IN OUR BARRELS