>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread How would you make an encounter with weasels interesting? How would you modify a weasel to be a BBEG-worthy encounter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-8TdpkfDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Saber-tooth stats with a Warg chassis should be fine right? Making a goblin alchemist, so a robot warg would be nice

Any good podcasts/streams that aren't Critical Role?

West Marches is an interesting experiment

I'm just starting a supplement for converting the Fire Emblem series to 5e and needed some tips about how I should go about it

My options are
>leave everything open ended with general guidelines to emulate original classes
>or make everything rigid, controlling equipment proficiencies to make each unit specialized like source material

On one hand, one option may leaves more freedom to customize a character and stray away from their chosen class if desired, but on the other, one creates the specialized unit classes the games are known for and makes the party generally play to their strengths.

I'm not worried about emulating equipment durability and different types of weapons as I've had an idea for that already. My main focus at the moment is how to approach classes

Any input? This is literally all of the work I've done so far as I stopped working to eat buffalo wings while I wait for responses

There's a youtube series called harmond's quest or something like that

Aubrey Plaza is in it

rusty quill gaming

I'll have to check it out. Just found one called Bards & Nobles. The first episode is a rough listen, but the rest get better and better.

My thoughts on Artificer.

1) 5th level spells wouldn't unbalance it.
2) There need to be a few more Subclasses. A Wand Adept, a Mage Wright, and a Maester.
>Wand Adept dealing with unique temporary arcane foci to use cantrips, being able to make wands as their discovery, and unique abilities to play with the charge/recharge and exhausted system of wands and staves.
>Magewright having a largely expanded spell list and perhaps the ability to scribe scrolls and a tomelock style ability of being a ritual cater for its own list and others acquired.
>Maester or Master Maker being about more abilities enhancing the Mechanical servant, and building smaller familiar like constructs. Perhaps even moving the entire mechanical servant over into this feature.
3) If you're going to stick to 4th level spells as the cap then it should get cantrips...
4) I wouldn't mind their initially attempted Arcane Tradition being renamed and tinkered with and released under a different name.
5) I would like more variety in the alchemist and the gunsmith. For alchemist perhaps a wider birth of unique alchemical items or item properties. For Gunsmith, when elemental damage options are presented for the Thunder Canon there should be a choice between 2 or so damage types for when you make your munitions.

Harmonquest

there's a scene where a kobold and goblin jerk each other off so Veeky Forums should like it

>>Magewright
You probably want a different name because that was an intentionally shitty NPC class in the same setting the artificer came from.

>Maester or Master Maker
Renegade Master Maker was an artificer prestige class in 3.5, so that's a decent name. It was about adding magical grafts onto yourself though, like warforged parts.

Any ideas of multiclassing with alchemist to add more spells?

I have an hour to kill. Tell me your character concept, and I'll tell you the custom item I'd give you if I was your DM.

I really like Harmonquest, but, being played primarily by people who don't normally play tabletops, it's not taken particularly seriously. It's humor from an outsider's perspective, which might not be everyone's cup of tea.

8th level human Wild Magic Wizard

Has penchant for magic, so applied for the night classes at the local magic school to hopefully secure a better life for his wife and 3 kids than his manual labor job. Extremely nice, well-mannered, and all around good guy. Everyone believes he has a sort of magic-dyslexia, because he can't seem to get scrolls and incantations right. With the help of his professors and peers (of which most are half his age), he's able to graduate.

Female Half elf bard/rogue multiclass on the run from unpaid childcare bills. Adventuring to earn the money and spend it elsewhere.

That's kind of why I lifted Magewright. With the death of NPC classes the concept of layman service spellcasters could easily wind up as part of the artificers deal but more balanced and viable than its 3.5 implementation.

Rapier and Hand Croos bow Expert with Battle Master what moves should I take?

3 of the players are frequent RPG players (though not very good ones), one is a guest who is usually new.

I do enjoy watching Bullwevil's player gradually get the rules and lore as he references books during play. Though to note, they are playing Pathfinder.

My mistake then, I was under the impression only the DM and that one guest star (Dildo Swaggins) were regular tabletop players.

Is that supposed to be sorcerer?

A wand that has 7 charges. It restores 1d4+3 charges each day at dawn. After rolling damage for a spell, you can spend a charge to change the die rolls to their opposite position on the die (i.e. on a d6, 1 becomes 6, 2 becomes 5, 3 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3, 5 becomes 2, 6 becomes 1).

A magical passport. When someone other than you opens it and looks at it, they must pass a Charisma saving throw equal to your spell DC or become charmed for 1 minute. During that time, they take pity on you and try to help you in annoying, awkward ways.

Complete noob to the system here. Is it possible to make a character around bladed scarves in this or is that strictly a pathfinder thing at this point? I wanted to make a Dwarven Fighter who uses one flavored as having knives braided into his very long beard.

WOOPS yeah...the whole schtick is that he's actually a WM sorcerer.

Acquisitions Inc.
Dice Camera Action.

Warcaster is better for you until DC 20, AKA 40 damage per hit.

Bards & Nobles is a pretty raw actual play podcast.

I would call it anime as fuck, but you're playing a dwarf which confuses me deeply.

Post this and other critiques like this as feedback for Wizards. Fucking do it.

Warforged Evocation Wizard that fires spells from an arm cannon of sorts rather than having a second hand.

Created by another, ingenious human wizard, originally as an experiment to see if he could, before growing attached and 'raising' his creation. His creator has since been kidnapped by a jealous rival, who's assembled his own group of his own creations.

Half elf warlock at lvl 7.
Grew up as a street urchin, fighting for survival, ended up befriending an old man who owned a quite peculiar bookshop.

Started out by simply sorting books and helping him archive it all, upon which he found on accident a hidden compartment filled with books in languages he could scarcely imagine.
One night he decided to attempt to read one of them, reading under his breath to attempt to pronounce the words he saw, which lead to him hearing a voice. A voice that promised him success, to get a proper life and not having to live off of scraps. Of course, the voice asked for payment, the payment being the small warmth he currently had.

Day after, kind old man had gone completely insane and he found himself with newfound, strange magical powers.

Overall a slightly jaded, but calm and assertive type of person.
Also the setting was pretty grimdark, so I went full edge.

Bladed scarves? What the shit?

That's definitely not a thing in 5e, but you could probably ask a DM to refluff Battlerager spiked armor or a dagger or something for you

Hippie stoner druid that likes being an animal more than being an elf, and also likes setting thins on fire.

Could you post more of this and your gun rules?
What kind of game, what classes, what rules are you using?

You don't really have to do anything. Thunder cannon ramps up in damage very quickly.

I intend to. That's the whole point of the feedback surveys.

I'm compiling more verbose and complex ideas around those bullet points.

Is monk legitimately bad or are people just being autistic and screaming stop liking what I don't like at the top of their lungs?

Wuodon Lo Sleithirn Maelnoth The Changed.

Once a Dragonborn Paladin, adventuring with a group of heroes. They traveled to the dark depths of the world.
These heroes were defeated and captured by Slaad. Each hero infected with a Slaad Tadpole.
The Tapole in Wuodon mutated and merged with him. As the other heroes were killed from within the Slaad wondered why Wuodon did not die. They tried infecting him again and nothing happened. Over time the dragonborn grew in odd manners. Thicker scales, a third arm, blood red eyes. The Slaad grew wary of Wuodon, believing they could not kill him, and that if he remained here he would grow into something that would infact kill the Slaad. The Slaad used their magics to teleport him to a far away land.

Wuodon then began to live in wilderness outside of the Hamlet of Medale. Wuodon could no longer hear the voice of his god. No virtuous powers from above. No light in his heart. His companions long dead. He was alone. He did not give up hope though, everyday he prayed to his god.

Word grew that a freakish beast dwelt in the wilderness and hunters from afar came to hunt the beast. When Wuodon was cornered by the hunters he stood his ground and accepted his fate. But the people of Medale intervened and said that this "freak" is clearly intelligent and has never harmed any of our hunters. They protected him.

From that day forth Wuodon protected Medale. Guarding the bridge that led to the moated Village. In rain or shine. Day and night he stood watch. Swearing his life to protect the people of Medale.

One day a legion of undead marched on Medale. They bowled over Wuodon, and destroyed the city. Their leader, a Necromancer, looked at Wuodon and told his minions to ignore the freak, and that he does not want "aberrations and variables" in his experiments. They left Wuodon in the mud and the city in ruins as they took all the corpses of the villagers.

Now Wuodon has regained his purpose and set out for justice!

With all this talk about guns, let's talk about the implications of DMG modern weapons.

Let's say you start a modern game with exactly the base rules of 5e and with full access to modern firearms. What would the implications be on character creation?
Would everyone go fighter to take advantage of multiple attacks? Does the shield spell become more necessary? In general, what sort of characters and parties should we expect?

You're not trying to be subtle about Mega Man, right?

A warforged component that has 7 charges. It regains 1d4+3 charges at dawn of each day. You can expend one charge to cast Absorb Elements. You may apply the damage bonus of Absorb Elements to a spell attack you make instead of a melee weapon attack.

A spear made not from wood, but a strange transparent material. It is filled with viscous fluids that intermingle but never mix. The fluids are red, yellow, and white. You have advantage on Deception and Intimidation checks while attuned to the spear, and you may use it as an arcane focus.

Asking again, is it weird that I find it hard to imagine Artificers at all, especially Alchemists, wearing any sort of armor?

Dawnforgedcast.

I still find hard to grasp why clerics wear armor.

Continued from Probably a Shadow Monk.

Thinking of giving him a level in Barbarian and Sorcerer for some Monster Rage and Natural Magic.

Dang. Gonna have to flagellate people with my beard another time.

Alright back-to-back plan. I wanted to make a dancer/sword-fighter esque character with two-weapon fighting and perform out the ass who melds her graceful dance moves into her battle style.
Would it be more efficient to start as a bard and multiclass to fighter or the opposite? Or is there a third, better option?

That's pretty neato, I like it.
Especially since my warlock is fairly socially focused.

>he doesn't know that dwarves are the most anime of all D&D races

Poor MMOfag.

Actually, I was trying to be unsubtle about Mega Man, though I figured rather than the 'do everything' it's more 'do elemental stuff' but it's an actual character idea that popped in to my dumb head.

Seems interesting, though! Though uh, as a new player, does the resistance gain of the spell apply to the damage you take for the activation of the spell?

>Gonna have to flagellate people with my beard another time.
That reminds me, I need to rewatch Ravandils Quest sometime soon.

>NOW LISTEN TO ME YOU POLE-PROPORTIONED DENDROPHILES.
youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
So good.

>Magical passport
Sounds fun to me. Good idea.

r8 my homebrew rule: You can spend 1 HD to gain advantage on a death saving throw. If you're at max HD, you may spend all of them to be up with 1hp.

There is a valor bard subclass for the more fighty bards, you could easily make it a dancer

Not an item, but you'd manifest a red and black mark on your body somewhere shaped like an open dragon's mouth viewed from the side. Pustules would constantly form around it, and when used, it would become warm to the touch, reaching a feverish temperature if all its limited use abilities were expended in a day. You know Green-Flame Blade, and 3 times per day you can cast Dissonant Whispers using your Ki DC.

Yes, that's how Absorb Elements works. It would be a crappy spell otherwise.

The fluids inside were slowly drained from the kindly old man's body over time. The white fluid is solid parts of his innards liquified.

>YOU FUCKING TEEEEEAAAAAAASE!
One of the greatest things to come out of YouTube.

Eh, not particularily bad or good, if it floats your goat then let it float

I might let them spend all HD to stabilize at 0 hp, but not get a free revive.

High elf philosopher who took a sabbatical to go learn from the druids, losing all his possessions and getting trapped in a warlock fae pact in the process.
He's adventuring for enough gold to afford a shower and proper clothes so he can return to high elven society, to complete his dead friend's research into creating some kind of elven master race, and to run away from commitment

A 3rd level ~cyborg ninja~ in a steampunk setting. He's literally Raiden being a brain in jar inside a cyberbody. Was a child soldier from 13-27. Mercs hired by 'the church' killed his family when he was 9 when they were smiting evil and caught them in the crossfire.
youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-8TdpkfDA

He's specialized in swords, with training in guns, and can drive a car. He's sympathetic to child soldiers and slaves, and antagonistic against mercs who don't adhere to war ethics.

> a red and black mark on your body somewhere shaped like an open dragon's mouth
>Pustules would constantly form around it
>reaching a feverish temperature
>You know Green-Flame Blade, and 3 times per day you can cast Dissonant Whispers using your Ki DC.

Are you a DM or are you a God? I am leaning to the latter.

>spear of old man

H-holy shit user. I like it.

Why wouldn't they wear armour if they're adventuring?

I imagine them more crazy and rough-and-tumble than wizards, so they'll actually have had time to get accustomed to armour. Wizards would rather be snooty bastards who hide at the back. While the alchemist probably doesn't want to get close, they're probably not afraid of it, they get into a mess all the time, probably.

>this fatass can go ninja on a water jug
>my DM wants a Dexterity check to cut a rope

A brooch shaped like a silver leaf. You can change the damage type of Eldritch Blast and Hex to fire or cold (whichever matches your patron archfey best). When you change the damage type to your archfey's preferred type, you increase the damage die one step (d10 to d12, d6 to d8).

I run all my games in Eberron. It's a 5e aberrant dragonmark with the name filed off since you're probably not playing in Eberron.

Stick to D&D 5e characters.

Because they're Clerics, not Priests.

Human criminal conjurer with photographic memory that learned all his magic by sneaking into wizard libraries and stealing spells because his father wanted him to make a living as a thief and wouldn't pay for wizard school

Clerics =/= priests. Clerics = crusaders. People really need to get this.

Honestly, I personally think wizards should wear armor. No particular reason they shouldn't desu. Mountain dwarf wizards are the most reasonable wizards.

4 Elements monk is bad. Aside from that, the problems with monks are roughly the same as the problems with rogues. They're designed to encourage placing them in dangerous situations (mostly stealth and frontline combat), but they're fragile and not actually good at handling dangerous situations. They require a lot more skill and caution than other characters. In any party, the rogue is usually the first character to die, unless there's a monk, in which case the monk is the first character to die.

Any wizard can easily wear armour. Just one level dip into fighter.

However, may wizards choose not to because they're too intent on persuing their discipline to even consider going that route, they'd rather be snooty and have the fighter doing that.

A staff made from a composite of bones from various animals. You can use your own spell slots to cast Conjure Animals as if you had the spell prepared. It belongs to a visiting archdruid who will want to take it back and add your skull to the top of it if he finds you.

Fey Warlock, poet, has visions of Sidhe Leanan encased in ice in his dreams, falls in love, hence creating the contract.
As a result, he turns into visionary-level poet, and casts spells from these fey-infused works.
Is also a Dorf and totes around a warhammer he intends on breaking her out of the ice with
I'm actually a 4everDM who just really wants to play this character

A disgraced Goblin Ranger who's great grandfather had once United all the Goblin clans of the realm under his rule before he was overthrown by outside forces. Cast out from his tribe for being "weak" (in actuality the tribe chieftain was protecting his position) Marrowsnap took to living in the forest, silently waiting for the day he becomes strong enough to unite his people onCE more.

It's as 5e as it gets. :^)

An now here's the item:
Gray Fox Blade:
+blade mode's behind you
+cuts through all your armor in one hit, and slices you into a million pieces
+you can keep things non personal
-costs 200,000 BP
-makes you look like a noob
-this isn't my sword

Spliff the high elf, of Toke village, under the wise guidance of Chief Keef

The hammer slowly transmutes from iron to silver and Sylvan runes appear on it. When light strikes it, it sparkles like an icicle. You can use the hammer as an arcane focus, and you add Booming Blade to your known cantrips. While attuned to the hammer, you have advantage on checks made to break objects, and your spells that can damage objects deal double damage.

Which ranger archetype?

>I run all my games in Eberron. It's a 5e aberrant dragonmark with the name filed off since you're probably not playing in Eberron.

Still man, you knew exactly the kind of shit I would want based my character idea alone. That's a skill alot of DMs don't have imo.

Level 9 Half-Elf Moon druid, specializes in fire,turning into birds, herb-lore and potions.

currently attached to a court as their Apothecary while he looks for his bird-brained master.

A treachery paladin who dresses himself up to give the appearance of a dark knight, tries to make himself out to be a villain or anti-hero but instead is actually quite heroic and has a strong sense of justice.

Hunter archetype. Focusing on killing any and all things that look down on him figuratively and literally. So everything.

Posted this in the last thread, it's the first draft of my homebrew psychic sorcerer origin. Thoughts?

It's just a concept, it's not written in stone and honestly the entire second half came to mind just now.
VHuman/Goliath Berserker Barbarian, uses a reflavored maul.

Raised by stereotypical oni who 'borrowed' him after impressing/amusing them after wandering in to a hunting camp of them, he acts very loud, boisterous, and honest, outright disgusted by the idea of dishonesty or gossip. He loves a good drink and a good scrap, though he's embarrassed he doesn't have anywhere near the tolerance for booze his 'kin' do. Proud of his strength, but not unreasonably so, and knows how to admit defeat.

His goal is to impress his clan by growing phenomenally strong, besting something even stronger, and to go on a continent-wide bar crawl of sorts, sampling the strongest, most dangerous drinks that they have everywhere he stops, taking notes of the stuff as he goes.

A shortbow made from a hobgoblin's femur and a bowstring made from a bugbear's braided hair. You do not have to maintain concentration on Hunter's Mark to get the full duration from it.

I'm thinking about going to my game shop and playing DnD for the first time (going to be a Warlock). Anything I should know/do so I don't seem like a complete noob?

Pretty beast. I can definitely dig it. Thanks dude.

Lvl 9 goliath bard based on pic related.
Has a 1 level dip into fighter and uses a large axe when not rocking the fuck out.

Gets 200% mad over the smallest things, takes things personally and has an obsession with collecting vials and jugs of blood to use for his performances.

Good points, mate, would it be well justified then in increasing their hd?
What hd do casters get incidentally?

A greatsword with a black blade and a golden hilt. Cha-modifier times per day, you can use Hellish Rebuke, except it deals radiant damage, and you may use Hellish Rebuke when an ally within 60 ft. takes damage as well as when you do. The fire from Hellish Rebuke is grey and leaves a trail of ash.

Then what are paladins?

Pretty neat, I like it.

>too intent on persuing their discipline to even consider going that route
Too intent on learning magic to put on protective clothes? That makes no actual sense.

Personal champions of a god, rather than clergy-militant.

The maul gains magical power from your spirit. You can cast Enlarge Con-modifier number of times per day, and you may concentrate on it through rage.

The axe has guitar strings on it and can be played as an instrument. While attuned to the axe, Vicious Mockery deals thunder damage, the die size increases to d8s, and you add your Charisma to its damage.

I dunno. The Gunsmith, sure, I guess, but when I hear "alchemist" I imagine someone dressed not unlike a more practically-clothed wizard.
As a battlepriest, I can see it, I guess. But I can just as easily imagine them with armor as without.

FUCKING GLORIOUS.
12/10, I want it.

I want to run a low magic, Penny Dreadful inspired game. I'm not really sure how to approach that though, as I've never DMed before. Most of the magic they'll encounter will be through items, enemies, and and ritual magic. Or at least that's what I'm thinking. Any ideas on how I could do this?

But paladins don't require a specific god to work, and clerics do.
Now I'm confused.

Wizards and sorcerers get the smallest HD, which is now a D6. Everyone else who once got a D6 or less now gets a d8.

Honestly, an extra hit point or two per level wouldn't make a huge difference when the monk's play style is built into the rules and into players' minds. If I were to tweak the monk class, I'd look for more abilities that helped them play smart, hit and run, get damaged less by getting attacked less. They can do that to a degree now, but maybe there's a bit of ivory tower game design in how little that style of play is encouraged. The monk I play with just charges into every combat and makes four attacks per round until he drops, and he's ALWAYS the first to drop.

Do you know if the games at your store are homebrew, or official? There's a difference.

That sounds pretty badass, I'd love to have that happen.

I love it!