Warhammer 40,000 general

New leaks for new stuff when?

>previous thread
>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, space the clown!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD
imgur.com/a/4ypvF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD

pic related. Does it work for you?

nth for Guardsmen best Men.

>mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD
I get the same thing.

nice try hacker

So how are you supposed to run Black Templars now that they're basically stuck with a Force organization chart? I mean Castellan is better than the CAD or at least more fun but I dont think it gives any meaningful boost so I got no idea what the fuck to do now except get a bunch of Crusaders

2000pts Castellan detachment

>HQ

Captain [Artificer Armor, Relic Blade, Iron Halo]
Grimaldus
Emperor's Champion

>Troops
2x Crusader Squad [8 Initiates, 1xPower Axe 1xMelta Gun, Sword Brother w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs] Land Raider Crusader

3x Crusader Squad [5 Initiates, 1x Melta Gun, 1x Power Fist] Razorback [TL-Assault Cannon]

>Lord of War

Knight Errant [Chainsword+Melta Cannon]

I think I might try this next weekend or at least something similar.

Arms for Abaddon

Cadia Holds!

how about no ?

This look terible.

As I said, Im pretty autistic about my guardsmen.

Did they give an explanation beyond "narrative reasons?" I mean, these are the dipshits that make the game. If they thought Space Wolves or Space Marines should be able to charge out of Rhinos, why haven't they just given them Assault Vehicle?

That edit is terrible and those rules are utterly atrocious. Even crud might be a crunch writing genius compared to this.
Kill yourself

You would have hated playing 5th edition. I had 6 squad of veterans and two command squads. Try naming 70 dudes and give them background.

It was already hell making them look like uniqueish veterans

>not a crusader knight

it's like you're not even a black templar player

>buy battle foam on sale
>finally arrives
>miscalculated the amount of foam for the bag
>have space for smallest tray
>pink was all they had left

FFFFFUUUUUU

I feel like have to get another tray so the top row doesn't get fucked.

Forgot my pic

Well, its 2 squads of vets and 1 ccs. But yeah, Im a shitty painter so they dont look too diffrent, but I try. Hell, even my color scheme isnt uniqe, its just the standard cadian one with a red pauldron and some red in the other places. Im a failure of a narrative maker.

They thought Magnus was OP. They have no idea how this game is actually played. If you watch the actual game the players are both terible and the Yiffs winning was them lucking out on a 3% series of rolls or something.

Has anyone thrown the video up somewhere else? I'm not paying to watch GW behave like their usual pack of retarded gerbils.

GW rules writer have no idea how the game works. Simple as that

Playing a 3000pt Star Craft-ish themed game tonight.
Guard and Tau vs Nids.
How's this for a 1500 point tau list?
I have no idea what my guard ally is bringing.

+++ Tau 1500 + guard vs 3000 nids (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2017) (1499pts) +++

++ Tau Hunter Contingent (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2006) (1499pts) ++

+ Core (740pts) +

Hunter Cadre (740pts)
Command
Commander
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Drone Controller, 2x Missile Pod, Velocity Tracker, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]
Elite
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon, Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon, Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon, Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon]
Fast Attack
Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]
Heavy Support
TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod, Railgun with Submunitions, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Troops
Strike Team [Bonding Knife Ritual, 5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

+ Auxiliary (759pts) +

Retaliation Cadre (759pts)
Commander
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [2x Missile Pod, Stimulant Injector]
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
Riptide Shas'vre [Ion Accelerator, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker]
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Missile Pod]
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Burst Cannon]
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
Broadside [Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

I watched it live as somehow the hype had left me hoping it would be good. No idea where but some user was uploading them the other day.

Get more riptides.

Honestly, I would be OK with rhinos being assault IF they all deployed from the rear hatch, which in theory would expose the rhino to danger.

I just threw this list together. How is it Veeky Forums ignore the group of death marks being inside the star god formation at the bottom as the list builder doesn't have the death mark formation in it so i had to put them somewhere

I caught the middle of the GSC game, and it was pretty disappointing. Shit commentary, can't see a damn thing, no idea what's going on.

The "cinematic" just looping itself for like 30 minutes made me quit the stream.Not worth it.

I'm just gonna stick them into the Castellan Detachment, add Grimaldus, Helbrecht and Emp's Champ, throw in 2 15 man melee Crusader squads in LRCs, maybe an Elite unit or two, a few shooty squads to fill up the ranks and rock my Black Tide with 2 respawning LRCs.

Maybe toss in a Razorback or Rhino to give to Grimaldus to bulldoze forward with the rest of the HQ gang.

And then I'll get absolutely tabled by Grav, Riptide or Wraithknight spam, get salty and bring out my WarConvo with Cawl.

Fuck, I just want to be able to assault out of stationary transports again.

I still expect them to get better but they should have built up to payed content not started with it. It is a nice idea I'd like to see done well.

>loyalist grav spammer scum
Legions did nothing to solve CSM main problems, they should have drop pods, grav and more loyalist shit with access to more daemon possessed weaponry, and make most of their shit drop at least half of what they cost, also a better stat line than Marines they're veterans of a 10 000 years long war, they should have an edge against all imperium armies, without this they'll remain stuck at bottom tier forever just as they're now.

I don't like taking HC using an RC is the auxiliary. In my experience, they both take up so many points that neither formation really has enough punch and ends up just splitting your forces.

>watch Duncan's "How to paint: Belisarius Cawl"
>have my AdMec in custom colors
>need to buy like 20 paints to perfectly follow his tutorial

Guess I'll bring a few paints I have to the store when I pick up my Triumvirate and talk with the FLGS owner as to what he thinks I could use of them.

Fucking MTG pre-release event just has to be on the release Saturday of FoC, too. No way in hell will I be able to easily pick up the box and chat with the owner with 60 people playing card games in the store.

I am curious who that eldar at the end of FoC is.
It seems he will get his own model.

>Decurion
I already hate you.

It's a good list. The monolith isn't a great unit in terms of power for its cost but the other stuff you're bringing more than makes up for it.

As a 'just starting out' player you're probably going to table players of equivalent skill.

They need to have some free content to entice people. Not everyone can catch a several hour long stream in the middle of a Friday, and nobody is going to pay a subscription blindly. Especially not with pisspoor word of mouth.

>t.Butthurt Chaosfag

You do know you could just change the colour yourself right?

Ahra.

They should put Dreadclaws in the main book with a dual kit for chaos pods and dreadclaws

okay thanks for hating me. I threw it together for my brother who wanted to get into the hobby with crons and i remember the decurion was good.

>Why can't I be Space Marines +1
The post

MOVE BITCH, GET OUT THE WAY
GET OUT THE WAY BITCH, GET OUT THE WAY.

BLACKED

>t.Butthurt Chaosfag
>CSM players
>not butthurt
Good one user

When daemon vehicles get hungry they should only do 1 HP / W not a whole model

I honestly can't tell if this is seriousnor mocking Chaosfags.

It has to be mocking them right? r-right?

this is so "typical whiny chaos faggot" that I can't tell if you're being ironic or genuine

I'm going under the assumption that it's bait.

But there are Chaosfags that actually believe that.

>OMFG chaos is such shieeeet
>FIX CHAOS FIX IT!
You should stay loyal bitch.

Dreadclaws shouldn't be forced to have DP anyway.

Post yfw nids biomass is as big as everyone thinks and become the primary antogonist, forcing chaos and the imperium to team up just like vamps and empire had to do in fantasy.

Wasn't he Slaanesh worshiper?

>only imperial factiona are allowed to be fluffy and balanced
Epic XDDDDDD

Impossible. Consumption by the Hive Fleets is preferable to the threat of Chaos dominion over real space.

>But there are Chaosfags that actually believe that.
Sadly.
I mean I can somewhat understand the drop pod stuff, but anyone who thinks CSM should have grav know fuckall about the lore, since grav (not graviton) only got into marine hands after the heresy

Yes and keep the dread claws as chaos only, since they're prone to possession because of their nature and should allow to the legionaries to charge when they arrive, that would make the berserkers viable, also they should cost at most 40 pts.

And lastly automata should be added and daemon engines turned into monstrous creatures.

Plague Marines and Zerkers are useless now. How you fix them?

Loyalty will be rewarded. And no Emperor will not turn you in spawn for your great achievements.

>primary antogonist

Tyranids are the impending doom, chaos is the antagonist.

Reminder that GW constantly ignore Rhinos not being assault vehicles and are so aware how shit assault is ignore their own rules.

Can you stop LARPing even for a second you insufferable imperialfag?

Decurion-style is TOO good. Your brother won't have much fun if you stomp him every game.

I know this because my brother also got me into the game. I played guard. He played Decurion.

He beat me 12 times in a row.

Necrons are the lurking threat and orks are the daily mooks.

Fine with that too.
I mean personally Daemonic Possession should drop WS and BS to 3 and give tge vehicle the Daemon special rule (aka 5++ and fear)

>SCARY RHINOS

That's about as likely as you getting laid

Fuck Grav.

I'm ambivalent towards Drop Pods, but I do think they're the easiest fix to giving us a means of getting our CC dudes to the enemy reliably. At the very least, we need Dreadclaws to get a price reduction and for Daemonic Possession to stop eating niggas.

We need more Chaos-centric equipment. The Marks need to be made less pitiful (probably roll some/all of the Cult legion benefits into the base mark and give those legions something else). Our characters need homogenized in terms of wargear access. Prices need adjusted throughout a lot of entries, and there are a handful of entries that need significantly reworked (Mutilators, Possessed, Defilers, Rubric Marines).

A lot of the Legion+FBD's need adjusted.

But Rhinos should not be assault vehicles. Their access points are too small for the whole squad to exit quickly, acquire a target, then charge it.

>Larping
I see no costume nor foam chainsword in that post

They cost 14 and 16 ppm respectively and the khornate axes are already included in the unit cost.

So what's this I hear about the Triumvirate being an HQ you can take in any Imperial CAD or AD?

That's like 550 points, but I play Guard, so it's like a beefy Tank Commander. But is it real?

>Rhino
>WS

Anyways +1/-1 would be better for walkers.

No no user. He is playing the decurion and im playing this list

Remove them entirely. Let all power armor CSM buy Plague Knives, Chain Axes, Plague Grenades, etc. Remove Noise marines as a unique entry as well, just let anyone with the Mark of Slaanesh start replacing weapons with Sonic shit. Make the Mark of Tzeentch do something radically different (probably either Brotherhood of Sorcerers OR something based around Tzeentch as the mutating guy).

I'd be fine with rear Assault Ramp Rhinos
>lose firing points and side doors

Or Open-Top Rhinos
>We Orkz now!

Not a single part of my sentence implies that I think they should be assault vehicles.

>Triumvirate being an HQ

Its a formation, each member can be an HQ in any list, you can take one or all up to you.

>butthurt chaos imperial fags

>Or Open-Top Rhinos
>We Orkz now!

Ah, then you'll become just as acquainted with flamers as Orks are.

Plagues also have poisoned shots w bolters and flamers.

Difference is 3+ cares a lot less of S4 AP5s than 6+

Flamers v. 6+ and 3+

And the formation rules.
imgur.com/a/4ypvF

They can actually get poisoned/shred flamers if you take that detachment from Siege of Vraks.

>non-Flyrant nids vs Decurion Necrons
I'm sorry I misjudged you, user. Your tolerance for pain and suffering in exchange for getting your brother into the game is admirable indeed.

He will win. Often.

>his Flamers aren't AP3

Not sure if you know this but there's a reclamation legion bundle on the GW site that gives you a 1000 point list. You just have to turn one of the immortal squads into death marks and its a decurion. Not sure on the savings on it but worth checking out if its a start up list.

Do fleshbane wound GC on 2+?

They can overwatch without a ~150 point investment

user its not about winning its about seeing my little bugs swarm across the table to attack anything in their path

Eh, you have toner never that DC are still fliers. A 40pt 12/12/12 transport flier that allows assault the turn it deep strikes T1 and does d6 S6 vector strikes that ignore cover would be a little retarded.

For what you get, 100pts is perfectly fine, especially if you drop the possession and have access to normal pods.

Hi /40kg/,

I play Ultramarines and I'm looking to get Tyranids as an OpFor to run scenarios with my (poor) friends.

What's stuff I could put in a List for Nids that provides interesting opponents for quite fluffy and not-at-all-powerlisted Marine Lists? (Think lots of Tacticals, Assault Squads, Predators with LasCannons, Regular Dreadnoughts with Stormbolters and AssCannons, footslogging Commandsquads in their fluff configuration etc)

A daily reminder that lasguns should be salvo 2/8 and dropped to S2 for them to be more fluffy accurate.

>i just want the land raiders to have assault ramps

But they do you silly willy!.

Exalted Flamers Overwatch just fine, user.

Yes, only Poison gets fucked over by GC status.

Land raiders are an assault vehicle.

Friendly reminder that this is an legal daemon list.

Sorry, but can you post the specific passage for that? I must know!

Zerkers
>Ticket to Ride
>Zerkers are fucking "nails-in-your-brain" type of crazy. All non-transport vehicles may transport 12 Zerkers as if they were transports. Zerkers embark and disembark as if the vehicle was open topped and may assault after disembarking