/swg/ shipwrecked edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Few8kJ0zfnY
swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for my boyfriend

Propaganda best post

Any predictions for episode 8?

I'm thinking its going to start with Finn waking up from his coma, after a several year timeskip. That way they can get right into the action between the New Republic and the First Order, as well as Rey's training. Plus it will allow them to more easily explain Leia's death.

Is there a good resource for fan-made ship stats for X-Wing? Don't see anything in the pastebin.

Leia leads the charge in a capital ship and eventually gets nuked by FO star destroyers after taking one or 2 down in a stand up fight

Based on pre-release interviews and stuff, you're like, 100% wrong.

Director says it'll start "immediately" after VII ends, will heavily feature the "new" heroes and Luke Skywalker (apparently at the expense of characters introduced in VIII), and Fisher already filmed all her parts in VIII before she died, so that's an episode IX problem.

Considering the fact they want the Chinese market, Finn will barely appear

>Based on pre-release interviews and stuff, you're like, 100% wrong.

Huh, I'm actually glad to hear that. My predictions are usually based on the idea that Hollywood takes the laziest route possible.

>will heavily feature the "new" heroes

I honestly have no idea what to make of that.

> Plus it will allow them to more easily explain Leia's death.

All primary shooting for the next one has already taken place - Carrie Fisher's death will not impact on her involvement in that film.

the only question is, will they be doing rewrites, for an offscreen death in this one, or for the one after that?

>I honestly have no idea what to make of that.
Fingers crossed it means we actually get some character development

Basically, the Director said script went through rewrites so that VIII will more heavily focus on Rey, Finn, and Poe than it originally did, at the expense of screen time of characters who will be newly introduced in the film. Which may or may not be good. I hope it is.

More Finn & Poe getting into Tag & Bink hijinks would be fantastic.

As for Rey, hopefully she and Hamill have good screen chemistry and the scriptwriters decide to give her character development.

why did no one tell me KOTOR was so good

I mean, everyone told me it was good, but why the hell did I wait so long

>first 20 minutes is mostly Rey and Luke pissing about Ireland (the islands and various mainland filming locations) with Luke probably revealing some painful secret about Rey's parentage. Interspersed we get a couple of paralleled scenes with Kylo Ren and Finn both going through recovery. Kylo gets the usual clinical detachment of the dark side while Finn has all the support he needs, courtesy of Dameron and co looking out for him.

About 30 minutes in, the First Order seriously shits up the rebel base, with Po, Finn and HeroesGuy just about saving the day. Finn exhibits a lust for vengeance against his former brother's and sisters, while Kylo struggles with the increasing feeling that he's on the wrong side. Rey and Luke continue explore her past.

By the end of the film, Rey has saved the day with Luke helping her out. She's grown, but her final lesson is that she needs her friends to fall back on. Kylo surrenders to the resistance, looking for absolution, while Finn, now fully fallen from the light, becomes Snoke's new apprentice.

(I'd also love to see Hux turn against Force Weilders in general and turn the FO against force users in general, betraying the knights of Ren, But I don't think Disney are bold enough to do that)

Yeah, I think the easiest route would be to have a timeskip between films, that way they can have the characters use it as a motivation, without being too affected emotionally by it.

Even more than character development, I worry that each director will give "his own take" on the characters, resulting in a schizophrenic mess.

Then I really hope that Disney uses the opportunities that come with a new cast, and they don't just try to make the original cast 2.0

You really think Disney is stupid enough to cast a black lead and then have him become evil?

The resistance has lost badly by the end of the movie; Rey (or Fin or Poe or Kylo) has lost their right hand; A man character has been captured; A newly introduced friend has betrayed the resistance, though unwillingly; Rey trains in a swamp while riding Lukes back (MANDATORY)

Is the Imperial Shuttle a good ship to run still? Thinking about picking two up because I love the design but if it isnt a good ship I'll probably only grab one

>Rey trains in a swamp while riding Lukes back (MANDATORY)
Heck it doesn't need to be a swamp. if we get Rey running up and down those long-ass stone stairs with Luke riding on her back I'm fine with it.

>Is this really necessary?
>This is how my old Master taught me. And it is how i will teach you. Now run!

It's slow and handles like ass, but it's very efficient statswise for its cost. Palp is the default these days, but there's lots of good options. Vader, Gunner/FCS, soon Hux, fleet officer, that sort of thing. Can be a cheap blocker or a loaded up gunship. Hard to learn, but rewarding.

I've got a challenge for you, /swg/.
Come up with a plausible way to keep the rebels jedi out of the way for the OT era *without* killing them off. They need to be able to come back later

What is fucked off to some bullshit hidden jedi enclave that the empire missed because reasons.

It's still viable, although it takes skill, what said. Definitely get one, but there's little reason to run two.

Well, there's always directly ripping off halo 3 and putting them in cryo for a few years on a derelict ship until they're rescued by the NR, maybe because Luke's gotten gud enough to notice their force signatures even in cryo.

Ol' Mark is looking a lot better these days, here's to hoping he keeps up this level of health after the movies finish filming.

With China as the bigger market, yeah, maybe.

Kanan&Ezra meet with Obi-Wan on Tatooine (they pursued Maul there, but arrived after the battle). They ask, nay, beg Obi-Wan to teach them the secret to defeating the Sith.....to which Obi-Wan, from atop a ridge, points to a young man on a moisture farm.

He tells them of the man's parentage, and explains to them that it is his destiny to bring about the defeat of the Sith. He also advises Kanan that he is one of the few remaining who was taught in the old ways, but that Ezra represents what the Jedi may yet become. He directs them to remain hidden, as he and Yoda have been, to best preserve the knowledge they have.

They don't go into hiding, but avoid being obviously Jedi (less lightsaber slinging) in an attempt to prevent yet more Inquisitors being flung at them.

Can someone explain the supposed deal with china and black people?

The rebels go off to the outer rim to fight imp encroachment/recruit new allies. Thrawn follows to thwart their plans. Both parties come back after OT levelled up and an old rivalry after years of playing cat and mouse with each other.

Darth Loli

Many asians are xenophobic

The Chinese, which is to say the Chinese living in china and not burgerland, have shown a marked disinterest in American films with black leads. TFA didn't perform great in China, and Finn is seen as the reason for that.

There isn't one. It's mostly racist mene nonsense stemming from that failure, Ghostbusters. But the reason the movie tanked in China was because of China's view on spirits and ghosts.

I thought that was mostly about their closest neighbors, like koreans, Japanese and the wrong type of chinese. But if it's chinese xenopobia, does it still matter if the dirty foreigner is white or black?

youtube.com/watch?v=Few8kJ0zfnY
I'll let you decide that

Short of it, no.

The movie still broke records in China, and still made fucking bank. The thing is, Star Wars is not as huge of a deal in eastern countries as it is in western. So the opening China Saturday saw $30-something million, breaking their record for biggest opening Saturday. But there was a large drop-off estimated around 70% or so on the following Saturday.

Regardless, TFA still made fucking bank in China, still broke records, and still was popular. It's just not as big of a deal there, unlike burgerland where middle-aged adults grew up with the OT and saw the fucks out of it over and over again.

Finally saw Rogue One.
Coincidentally, I just ordered 3 U-Wings.

They're useless.

Enjoy maybe fielding one U-wing ever

I played my first game with the Jumpmaster today. Won, and feel a bit dirty about it considering it's reputation. How bad are Jumpmasters outside the optimized tournamnet builds? Or are they just generally underprized?

Not that guy, but really? They look pretty good stat and dial-wise.

I installed Empire at War today, I wish I had played this years ago. Crushing rebels with Star Destroyers is too fun.

Almost makes me tempted to start Armada but I already spend enough on X-wing stuff.

Giving Rey a flaw or two would be just swell. Or at least have her not immediately know the inner workings of a ship she's never touched.

It's basically a Palp shuttle for a faction with no Palp, until Sabine's Emperor Palpatine gets released in wave 11 there's not really any good reason I can think of to take it over the Falcon which can toss its 3 dice all around and turn around in one turn with sloops instead of two with its heavily broadcasted stationary flip.

I'm pretty sure it's explained in books or something that she helped Unkar Plutt with it. Even within the movie, it seems she knows that the ship is trash, and that she knows the modificatiosn that Unkar Plutt has made, at the veyr least.

just wait till you install forces of corruption.
>Tie interceptors
>Thrawn
>Dark troopers
>SSD's

And these motherfuckers!
The ISD comparative of the Zann consortium.

It's also ~15 points cheaper, so it doesn't really have to match the falcon to be effective.

you mean the Keldabe Class Battleship

Huh, i could have sworn it was that big fucker that spits out laser balls that eat lesser ships in one bite...
Well, that's what happens when you stop playing for longer than few years.

Considering starting an AoR game on Hoth immediately after the battle. The PC's are rebel troopers, they regain consciousness one by one at the base of the DF.9 they were guarding. The tower was hit by an AT-AT and exploded, knocking the PC's out and killing the remainder of their team. Each has 1d6 wounds and 2d4 strain. The sun is low on the horizon, its been hours since the battle and the Rebel fleet has escaped. Its up to them to find a way off planet, perhaps by stealing an Imp shuttle or finding a left behind transport within the base.

Ideas? Thoughts?

FFG GMs, what are your favourite ways to spend flip dark side Destiny Points?

She's also clearly shown to be familiar with star ship mechanics as she survives by scavenging parts of star ships, so needs to know what works, what's valuable, etc.
And when she tries something on a ship she hasn't encountered before, she fucks up.

Make them roll Resilience and Survival checks when they're out in the snow. Nights on Hoth are lethal and if they can't find shelter by the time the sun sets, they're basically done for.

The Zann Consortium had great ships

Makes me wonder, why would the empire create the ultimate anti-capitol ship ship when most of their opposition relies heavily on fighter craft?
inb4 Yuushan wong

They're wrong, but you need four.

Pathfinder+FCS four ship list. It can actually move, so you can actually beat people like this.

Way too cheap for a turret with all of those upgrade slots and two green dice.

Yoda lies to Luke in case he goes dark side, everyone else goes off to fight the Usang Vong

Ok, so... FFG Star Wars Encounter Balance. How Do? I'm looking for anything that makes mention of "Characters should be able to take on X at the start, and scale up," but I'm not seeing anything, is it more art than science, or am I just skipping over some paragraph in the book?

>Yuuzhan
>tfw looked it up because I knew I spelled it wrong, but then forgot to fix it

The Jumpmaster is one of the most well designed ships in X-Wing. It's got a ton of builds, every pilot is viable, it's the fucking best. Play it, love it.

I searched and searched and couldn't find anything. What I did was look at my party's defences and offences, throw together a group of baddies, and compare. If al the players are tossing 2 green 2 yellow attacks agaisnt guys with 8WT and 1 soak, you might need to beef the baddies up. The reverse is true. Once you run a few simulated combats, you get a bit better of a feel for what sort of opponents your party can face.

>Sabine

That's the Rebel equivalent of Palpatine, more or less. Load up a cheap UWing with Hera and Sabine, fill out the list with bombers, and then sit tight with the UWing while the opponent navigates your upgraded bombs.

Kanan and Ezra head off into Wild Space, with the idea of using Lira San as a base for the burgeoning rebellion considering its protected location. The Lasat ain't none too happy about the genocide of Lasan.

Thrawn is sent to pursue them with his fleet. They are both nebulously sequestered off screen in wild space until the plot needs them again.

Alright, so a team of five Players using base character creation vs five of pic-related, plus an NPC Tank ready to step in if things get messy is my first planned encounter. does that sound right?

That's okay, but if you put all five of those guys in one group, they will hit hard and the damage bleed on minions will mean they might go down hard too.

Something I've learned, don't overstack minion groups, and don't give yourself more slots than the PCs do (because your brain will hurt). Go for 2 groups of 3 guys instead of 1 of five. This means the combat can be more dynamic than just "the blob of minions shoots at you, again", and also means you're not rolling like YYGG with possible autofire on their first attack against an Average (2D) difficulty for a PC.

I mostly use them to make important NPC villains survive the encounters and to upgrade difficulty checks.
I sometimes use them to dick over my players in minor but funny ways, like if one of them says
>The plan should work, but only if they didn't bring any X with them
>I flip a darkside point
>HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT THEY BROUGHT
And then one of them says they have a bad feeling about this.
Doing this feels very much like a movie, where plan A never works and it's a lot of fun, as long as you don't overdo it.

Actually, since it's upgrades for minions past the first, it's literally YYY, but still pretty harsh for a singular group of minions on PCs. One guy will just get the tar kicked out of him first, then your players will take turns chipping away like a minion an attack depending on what weapons they have and how well they roll.

Rey and Luke do some Jedi training stuff for most of the movie - Luke reveals Rey's parentage and tells her that he is here because he is searching for a clue on who/what Snoke is.

Healed up Finn and Poe(with Leia) head to meet the remnants of the NR and convince them to team up. It all goes horribly wrong because FO infiltrator(s) in the senate.

Kylo also gets training montage, but mostly on a Star Destroyer. Snoke is getting twitchy and works out that Luke is on Acht-to because they are near some clue. Sends Kylo to deal with it.

Luke finds some clue on Snoke (I dunno, he's some ancient pre-sith darksider or a guy who was possessed by a sith ghost/dark side badness or w/e), when Kylo arrives! Luke and Rey fight him. Rey escapes but Luke sacrifices himself to let her get away(alternatively, Luke brings Kylo back to the light after Rey escapes, or Rey gives in to her anger and murders Kylo before going after Snoke alone).

End

Replying to myself:
I think that Gallius Rax is Snoke - there is some big bad force joojoo on Jakku that took over his body after the battle (hence the wounds), and made him such. I think he'll be explained away as 'a former imperial officer' in the films and they'll focus on the thing inside him so as not to get all intertextual.

Think of it this way: how combat geared are your players?

Those minions could throw either 5 (2 green) attacks per round, or fight as a group to roll (3 yellow 1 green) at a single character: a much more dangerous prospect. Consider also the 7 damage: how armoured/tough are your players? Assuming a regular bum with 2 Brawn and no armour: he'll be blown to smithereens in two rounds of successful shooting. Meanwhile, a tough guy with Brawn 4 and even bad armour will be able to eat 5+ shots.

The 4 soak makes the minions able to pretty safely withstand smaller blasters. Eg a weapon that deals 5 damage will take at least 4 rounds to drop one (barring crits).

Of course this doesn't factor external factors like cover, advantageous firing positions, party equipment. Just some stuff to keep in mind.

So, no pie in the sky "Assault Gunboat" stuff (because we all know that's the Star Jewel).

What's your best guess for the second Scum epic? Logically, it'll be the Raider/Corvette equivalent, so it'll be a fore and aft ship which can probably do some serious hurting. It may or may not come with a small ship fix but let's not count on anything. What's a big like 120-160 meter ship, mostly likely one which has appeared on screen but doesn't have to be because the Raider was developed by FFG.

>everything works
Cause the ship's broken

EPT slots on lowest generics was the dumbest thing ever and manaroo is better than palp without a 8 point and 2 crew premium

Shouldn't Luke be the one riding on her back?

I think it'll be a ship we technically haven't seen yet - some kind of big Mando ship from rebels S3. Whether that is a revival of a legends design or a new one, I dunno.

What was the point of the laser walls?
Why would a disposal chute need laser walls?

>When your first reaction to seeing this is "oh my gosh it's a giant"

It seemed to me to be a reactor core, the shields are there for containment, and probably cycle like that when a human or other sapient comes in presumably for maintenance.

Bump

Why did you bump?

Trying to see if there's a good compilation of homebrew stated ships for X-Wing.

Who's ready for the Emperor to sit on his fat ass and do nothing because 15 damage is trivial for eJango/eVeers and eHan/eRey?

Because George wanted laser walls.

Because they needed a way to separate the Jedi for the fight to be dramatic, and this was what they chose.

Whoops

>Cold and shitty outside
>Staying inside where it is nice and cozy
>Dad just out flew me in xwing

Good times.

You're implying anybody in /swg/ bothers to understand/play Destiny.

I wish my family would play Xwing with me, I got into it with my brother on the stipulation that unlike all the other miniature games he's tried over the years he'd actually fucking play this one instead of just dumping a bunch of money into it and letting it all sit on a shelf. We played with the core set once and since then he's bought ~150 bucks of TIEs which he's never even taken out of their packaging.

Anyone has the credits values of ships ?

^this to be honest^

I don't know why but card games always seem like shit to me.
At least if X wing ever stops being popular I have models to console me and the rpgs don't need to be popular to enjoy them (just need open minded friends).

Card games are literally throwing money in exchange for cardboard and 98% of which never make it further than 5 years. Magic and Yugioh are pretty much the only safe way to enjoy them with other for years and fuck me if I'm spending that kind of money on anything.

as of episode VII, what song would describe both Leia and Chewbacca?

Ridin' Solo

swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/

thanks

I really dig Kylo Ren because he's an interesting character who completely changes without the helmet.

You have this masked badass who is able to FREEZE A BLASTER BOLT MIDAIR one minute, and the next you have this awkward kid who is internally struggling with himself and is a awkward mess because he's without his safety wall

X-Wing models are shit and way overpriced compared to kits and customs, and the RPG can be downloaded for free but you can't justify a fun pickup card game?

Do you think an unmasked Ren could handle the bantz from a Mandalorian opponent?