Why hasn't anyone made a RWBY system, fa/tg/uys? I've been looking, and nothing seems to exist...

Why hasn't anyone made a RWBY system, fa/tg/uys? I've been looking, and nothing seems to exist. I honestly think this world would translate well to the tabletop. What do you guys think?

the setting certainly seems conducive for gaming, but a number of the rules of the setting are very handwavy, the limits to what semblances and dust are capable of haven't really been explored, so any system built would be half speculation and half bullshit.

also the incredibly dynamic fighting styles would be hard to properly capture in a tabletop format. I can't imagine how to make turn-based combat as viscerally exciting as nonsensical high-speed flippy shit

One exists that I kinda dislike.

I'll upload it anyway.

the Malifaux RPG "Through the Breach" is pretty much designed for this shit.

I'd use Legends of the Wulin. It has the best rules for high action combat I've ever seen, and is easily refluffable to other settings despite being Wuxia at base.

How? Like, I like Through the Breach, but it's a pretty grounded system all told. High action cinematic combat is not exactly its strong point.

Either this, Fate, M&M or Strike!, depending on what you want the system to focus on.

Simulation in a style over substance world is a fucking retarded idea.

True, but all the mechanics for the weapons, the dust, and the shadows.

But you're probably right.

A user from here attempted to once. Asked him last year about. He gave up on it.

To be fair, Exalted 2e did dynamic fighting styles pretty well.

no it fucking didn't!It did tedious repetition of the same shit till someone ran outta motes and splatted all over the floor

ex3 is the same way you dumb fuck

1. That doesn't make what the first user said about ex2's combat system any less stupid.

2. ex3's combat is npthing like that at all, there are actual choices and decisions in it beyond using a perfect defense untill you can no longer use one and die instantly. Also motes regenerate in ex3 during combat so how could they be even remotely the same? Your statement is not only irrelevant to the conversation at hand (nobody mentioned ex3, it was just about ex2's combat being shit), but also just straight up false.

Here's the updated one.

Honestly, the setting would make up a perfect Tabletop RPG.

>Everyone has a unique awesome power
>Everyone has unique weapons that are also a gun
>Tons of baddies, both scheming and fighting type
>An endless supply of creatures to kill as Grimm
>A fully mapped-out world, with each area and continent being vastly different from one another

>Everyone has unique weapons that are also a gun
Not necessarily Jaune is a great example

>A fully mapped-out world, with each area and continent being vastly different from one another
Haven't seen much of the new season but the world seems very empty and not fleshed out.

They've shown Atlas, Mistral and Menagerie, and I think they're all pretty awesome and unique. Would definitely want to see more of the major cities, though.

Has anyone tried this? It looks pretty good, if a little bit wonky.

It's mostly because the original creator fucking died like a season in and apparently didn't have notes that far out, meaning that his significantly less competent coworkers were left in charge.

I thought they said he DID have notes and plans for like 9 seasons. That's why they were even able to do this.

It sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.

Actually he died three seasons in.

They were probably not notes for worldbuilding tho.

Honestly I felt like RWBY wasn't going anywhere and even after 3 season I still feel that way. Mostly it's due to the sloppy writing, which just feels like contrived events stringed together so that Monty could jizz on the screen.

Tbqh it's pretty standard shonen bullshit with pretty standard setting.

Visuals are cool, but you ain't gonna build an entire campaign on visuals.

Just use legends of Wulin