Warhammer 40,000 general

Imperials got pseudo endless swarm but Tyranids hadn't received shit since flying tyrants edition.

>previous thread
>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, space the clown!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xD

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-cadia-relics-formations.html
imgur.com/a/4ypvF
youtu.be/UxlS_S3TwNI?t=312
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR LEVIATHANS

Second for new relics, formations and characters.

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-cadia-relics-formations.html

>Mechanicum: Can be taken if part of Conclave Acquisitorius, Grand Convocation or if Cawl is in the army

- Castket of Electromancy (30 pts): Once per game, shoot this instead of your weapon. Shoots at every enemy unit in 2d6" range, ignoring LoS with S3, AP -, Haywire, Assault 1
- Quantum Annihilator (30 pts): Replaces a weapon. 18", S 2d6, AP 2, Assault D3, Each shot rolls strength after declaring target. If larger 10, auto-wound and has ID

- Sacrificarum Autorepulsor (15 pts): Charging enemies get -2 range when attacking bearer (stacking with other penalties)

- Memento-Mortispex (30 pts): Bearer and unit once per turn get one of these rules: Cognis Weapons, Monster Hunter, Skyfire, Tank Hunter

- Omnissiah's Grace (10 pts): Bearer gets 6++. If already had one, increase by +1 up to 3++

- Saint Curia's Autpurger (25 pts): Charging enemies don't get bonus attacks for charging. Models locked in combat with bearer must pass Toughness test at I10 or take 1 wound for every fail (saves allowed as normal)

>Ecclesiarchy: Same limitations as the others, except either Wrathful Crusade, Castellans of the Imperium or Celestine in army

- Skull of Petronella (30 pts): Bearer and unit they join have 6++

- Blade of the Worthy (30 pts): replaces melee weapon. S User/+2, Ap 3/2, Melee, At start of each Fight phase, make Ld check. If passed, use second profile

- Castigator (15 pts): 12", S4, AP 2, Pistol, Invuln saves can't be taken against Castigator

- Font of Fury (10 pts): Once per game, can be used instead of ranged weapon: 8", S3, AP -, Assault 1, Large Blast, Poison 4+, Posion 2+ agains Chaos

- Shroud of Anti-Martyr (35 pts): gives EW

- Desvalle's Holy Circle (35 pts): Bearer has 4++, Enemies can't deep-strike within 12" of bearer, auto-mishap if scattered inside 12" of bearer

Second for Slaanesh!

Suggestion for the Super Imperium Friend formation?

Montka

Reposting cuz you faggots can't get dubs

Dubs decide what warband i paint my albino Kroot Shaper's CSM trophies to match(a Chainsword and Warp Talon Claw as shoulderpad)

I'd actually be more likely to run the Wrathful Crusade for a Black Tide list.

Probably need to prepare your rear armour.

>tfw forgetting the formation photos
imgur.com/a/4ypvF

Kroot.

Red Corsairs

i really hate the new imperium heroesc, theyre super cheesey/beardy. I can already barely win againsr space marines with my scatbike/warpsider army or my tide of riptide lists.

Maybe if I bring a wraithhost? this is so unfair.

The Cleaved.

Is it ever worth spending 5 points on a Phosphor Serpenta? Not only does the Macrostubber just seem like a better gun but giving even a Skitarii Alpha a Refractor field feels like a better way to spend those 5 points.

Black Legion

Ultramarines

Wrath Host is a downgrade from scatbikes and spiders, learn to meme correctly faggot.

There is only The Cleaved.

Night lords

Raven Guard

I think I need the strength D to counter how overpower Crawl and Celstine are. how can i freakin kill those tanks with scatter lasers?

black legion

Biel-Tan

I like Leviathans

When in doubt, throw more Cultists at it! Any Anons have conversion advice for Dark Vengeance Cultists? I'm starting to want more individual guys.

>- Memento-Mortispex (30 pts): Bearer and unit once per turn get one of these rules: Cognis Weapons, Monster Hunter, Skyfire, Tank Hunter

aww yeh.....Grav-destroyers, or on a techpriest in a Cohort cybernetica

NTH FOR MORE LEVIATHANS. RIP AND TEAR THE ENTIRE GODDAMN UNIVERSE WITH 25-TON LITERAL GODS OF ANAL DESTRUCTION.

Any Fall of Cadia spoilers?

Inquisitor WHO?!

The same way you kill everything, you shoot it with an ungodly amount of scatter lasers.

D-strength weapons are superfluous when you have that kind of shit.

More than I can count.

Shit got real, Trazyn is the only Pokemon trainer to turn 11 and Cadia got turbofucked.

Since the first time I saw them in the White swarf I really liked the concept.

I've also been thinking about a full rusty effect warband colour scheme. Somehting like copper with verdigris. Probably nurgly but maybe chaos undivided.

Pic related.

>mfw
Do it now!

mix new genestealer acolytes in. bam, instant variety.

LOL
Epic win.

Verdigris is fun.

Also rust and corruption like that is more interesting than having fat bloated obese Plague Marines that look like MtG players (only you know, cleaner).

>he's now attaching grassfur to his Marines so that they, too can be furry just like his other army projects
he's come full circle lads

mix in parts from zombies, chaos marauders,

In light of the new models and formations, I was wondering, how do you or your group draw the line between cheese and non-cheese? Is it a famously broken unit like a Baronial Court or three Riptides? Is a deathstar cheese, or just one with 2+, 2++? Is a list with one unit of grav or bikes automatically cheese? Or is the term just meaningless because people on a Taiwanese cat collection forum call everything they lost to cheese to salve their wounds?

Forgot face

ARE THE TERMINATOR AND LEVIATHAN WEARING GIANT GHILLIE SUITS?!

What's the fluff on how Tyranid Bioships survive in space? I'm hashing out ideas for a void-specialized splinter fleet.

Cadia Broke before the Guard.

Even if take into account the retarded warp powered Imperium forces. That some how got weaker, while the other chaos forces got stronger when losing their warp power.

Its a CSM fist weapon(spiked trim and the blades coming out of it) but i suppose I'll give it a shot

Post more user.

What's the most tacticool army?

The Gauntlets of Ultramar are Chaos weapons. It fits.

Raptors, easily.

Scion, SoB, old Acolyte squad. Oh and the ork kommandos

swap heads
swap melee weapons

Also more raptors

Scions, Guard, Deathwatch.

>duuuuh how does i into operator
>ooh i know, i'l just stick shit everywhere and lop turf on my models

I liked your older stuff man, but it's gotta fuckin stop. They look pants-on-head retarded

gimme the greyfax

They hold their breath and hybernate.
They lack FTL travel, and you'd think the Hive Mind's psychic might would allow them to do warp travel, but no.
They shorten space by homing onto pyschic beacons using gravity instead.

But 5:12 looks cooler. More flashy lights.
youtu.be/UxlS_S3TwNI?t=312

Marines will never be tacticool.

Can any one recommend Tansdimensional Arquebuses and Skitatii rangers over Vanguard and Plasma Cavs? I have two unbuilt Skitarii kits, and a Start collecting! Skitarii to build, and I want to know the optimal build?

Deathwatch.
They have ALL the special toys.
All of them.

with all that shit on his chest he can't move his arms any closer than that, if anyone attacked him in close combat he'd instantly be killed

I'm never going to stop making ridiculous stuff. It's my hobby, I do whatever the fuck I want with my plastic operator dudes, and that means making increasingly ridiculous dudes.

deathwatch are super cool with their shotguns

>Creed stands alone on the ruined surface of Cadia, and watches as the last Mechanicum ship lifts off into the sky. Cadia was now little more than a graveyard. He felt his strength ebbing away, as his wounds finally caught up with him. The storm parts before him, but not a Demon stands before him. A metal giant in a scaled cloak. Creed's panicked shot goes wide as iridescent polygons flicker on the figures upraised palm, "Ursarkar E. Creed. This need not be your end. Eternity awaits." The giant's laughter follows Creed into darkness....

Creed was added to Trazyn the Infinite's collection.

DELET THIS

soz but is spanish edition

No. You need to be human in order to operate and be be tacticool. Maybe ork kommandos.

Mutants with power armour can't operate while they tacticool their operations.

MOTHER FUCKIN TRAZYN

Grand Congregation is so fucking shit holy crap, what a god damn joke

The Arquebus is "okay" but it's really a high-risk high-reward outing. You're paying ten points more than an Arc Rifle for one shot which averages out to an 11 against vehicles. On a good day you get 16 (phenomenal/10, 6 to hit for chance to explode is fantastic) but mostly it's just meh. Arc Rifle is always dependable, always ready. And cheap.

Rangers don't deserve near as much hate as they get, S4 AP4 is really good, especially when fighting gunline Tau/Guard or anything short of Marines. Even helps curb Necron bullshit a good amount of the time. I always grab a couple squads, they're good objective holders (better now since they can get Obsec) and can mow down medium-strength infantry.

Don't be too hung-ho with the Plasma, by the way. It's 190 points for 3- at cheapest- and your guys can die really, really fast. If I take it, it's on a preferred enemy warlord squad and that's it. Anywhere else is too risky to work, just take allies (cultmech) for mass AP2

Vanguard are great against MCs, but regular guys short of a 3+ are prime targets for rangers. So take a mix, looks better and does better

Should I build/equip my Sicarians as Infiltrators or Ruststalkers?

Hmm...there goes my idea. I had the thought of a pay per Hive Tyrant with a giant-squid look skimming through the void and punching holes in ships, letting similar small Nids swarm in.

I suppose that won't work without giving them some special snowflake adaptation that lets them breathe in space.

Infiltrators are generally better, imo. Ruststalkers are fantastic in melee but will never get there

Infiltrators

Didn't notice till you told me it was in Spanish. How do people live only knowing two languages?

shame the shotguns aren't really great, they do look the coolest and I take one in every unit

What do you want? Cheap as fuck stabby boys that can be your own custom-rigged 'delet' button against any MC/TEQ/vehicle that looks at you the wrong way? Take Ruststalkers, they look cool too.

Want pitdroids that can JUST anyone in their general vicinity, and kick the shit out of MEQs or anything less? Take Infiltrators, and let the mind games begin!

It really come down to what you want them to do, so what is that? Assess and determine, but always remember- Autocannons fucking hate you and S6+ is the enemy.

Many English speakers only know one

No need to speak the lower languages.

Not quite, he "always" ends a battle in a different tank than he starts in, because that tank gets rekt.
Being defeated and not having a new tank to adopt is not his routine.

Why? It's what's happened.

I think I've got enough to deal with MC/TEQ/vehicles, so I think I'll go with Infiltrators. Thanks for the quick responses anons

Orks.

I see; I heard that a good tactic was to take a 5 man ranger squad, and give them two Arquebuses, but I wasn't quite sure which would be better. How would you recommend running the Arc Rifles than? With 3 Rifles in a 10 man squad? And with Vanguard or Rangers?

Also, I dont really intend on branching out my army for a while. My next purchase is going to be Sicarian Infiltrators, and than a Dragoon, as Im mostly not a fan of Cult Mech. I like the Kastellans and Dominus, but outside of that, im just not a fan. Plus, I hate the fact that they split up the books, and Id rather not support that kind of thing.

some fluff...

Survivors:
Celestine and her Geminae, Inquistor Greyfax and her bodyguard (the 55th Kappic Eagles for anyone interested), Marshal Amalrich and his remaining Black Templars (Amalrich basically renames his force as The Celestinian Crusade too, since he recognises this is Celestine's play now), Cawl and his mysterious Artefact and Knight from House Taranis are the forces that link up with the Eldar and escape through the Webway.

Captain Garadon and the battered remains of the Imperial Fist 3rd Company (barely a score left, and only a single sergeant from the 1st Company contingent) are mentioned as escaping on the Phalanx. Orven Highfell dies at the hands of a Bloodthirster, surrounded by his fallen Wulfen Ironewolves brothers in the catacombs as Abaddon duels Celestine. Master Koharael and the Dark Angels 4th Company are last mentioned as still being on the surface )while Abaddon pushes underground), along with the Crimson Fists 5th Company, about to sell their lives dearly as the Crimson Slaughter overrun them. Sven Bloodhowl and the Firehowlers are presumably lost as the Will of Eternity is destroyed, their suicide mission to sabotage the Blackstone Fortress allowing the Phalanx the opening to take it out. Baroness Vardus of House Raven is killed making a heroic last stand against the Traitor-Engines of Legio Vulcanum, taking out a Reaver as her last act.

TACTICAL GENIUS OUTSMARTED BY TRAZYN! OH THIS IS GLORIOUS!

leave Veeky Forums

What a shame.

Speak the Language that has trouble distinguishing genders and sex. Try harder

That looks hilarious.

C'MON, DON'T BE LIKE THAT, HE WILL STAND... FOREVER.

Disregard this foul propaganda! Everything is ok in Cadia and Lord Creed has been re-deployed along with the rest of the Cadian regiments!.

Does Planet Killer shows up?

So with the new formation leak how does this (mostly) IG list look?

For me, Arc Rifles are perfect with Vanguard. Put one in a squad of 5 for a cheap (70 pts.), mobile basic squad that can crap on any and all vehicles, while the squad can also deal with MCs or TEQs by means of flooding wounds.

Basically it comes down to dealing with Taushit/Wraiths. You can flood 2+/3+ with relative ease, machines are laughable when a couple squads of your troops can take away almost any vehicle in one turn, 4+ or less dies to Rangers.

The only real trouble is 2+ save high toughness MCs, as they're hard as fuck to take down. imo that's what Cultmech is good for, and since Kataphron modes are fantastic I don't see the harm in grabbing a couple squads and filling out your ranks. But to each his own, I guess

A Blackstone Fortress showed up?
Neat

I really wish there were new BT specific characters in this, because every formation basically invalidates the characters you have in the standard codex. Everyone can get hatred, and even zealot under the right conditions, so Helbrecht is no longer needed for a Crusade of Wrath (ironic that the Wrathful Crusade formation is what invalidates him and Grimaldus). Emperor's champion really doesn't benefit from anything in this, but he can still be put with a large crusader squad and basically do the work of a chaplain and beatstick if you don't max out the list for Fearless. However, the relics on the captain needed for a Wrathful Crusade can make him a pseudochampion with the benefit of not needing to issue challenges. He can just sling that delicious S6 AP2 that the Champ was made for, but in higher volume, just without ID on 6s to wound.

Wrathful Crusade doesn't seem as good as Castellans of the Imperium, unless you're going for zealot on everyone as cheaply as possible. the chance for max strength crusaders or land raider crusaders to come back seems way more useful, plus you can pick which HQs you want in the event you wanted grimaldus or Emp's Champ instead of Greyfax. A bit more fluffy friendly since you don't have to take a psyker and can mass up on crusaders.

It's a bit disappointing that there was no Black Templar specific relics, or formations to bring us up to Angels of Death levels, but the formations in FoC aren't so bad. I just wish the Crusade formation didn't require Tempestus. That's such and odd tax to add.

You ruined it.

>Ultramarines
>not actually ultramarine
EXPLAIN?