MUSKETS AND MONSTERS: Baroque fantasy thread general

NOT!Medieval and Renaissance are way over done. Lets get classy and move the tech and culture to the 18thC. Wizards with powdered wigs! Fighters in resplendent uniforms! Pirates vs. goblins (who are also pirates)! 20 pounds of tea and spices are fucking awesome loot.

Discuss systems, stories, and ideas, as well as ask historic/tech questions and dump pics.

Anyone ever heard or played pic related?

Nice. Obviously Scot-like

More Victorian, but eh.

HESSIAN ELVEN MERCENARIES, SKIRMISHERS AND IRREGULARS WITH CENTURIES OF EXPERIENCE AT WARFARE AND WOODCRAFT. THE BEST HARRIERS MONEY CAN BUY. THEY FIGHT FOR HIGH WAGES TO SEND BACK TO THE FADERLAND

Dumping some pics from the larp, "De La Bete", which was a fantasy horror larp based loosely on the Beast of Gevaudan

You forgot:
>EATING SAURKRAUT OLDER THAN MOST HUMAN EMPIRES

THE PRIESTHOOD OF THE GUN

THE GUN IS GOOD.the penis is evil THE GUN SHOOTS DEATH, AND PURIFIES THE EARTH OF THE STAIN OF HERETICS. GO FORTH AND KILL.

Ok....

NO MORE ARE THE SWARTHY SKINNED ORCOIDS BEDOUIN SAVAGES, THEY NOW HAVE AN EMPIRE THAT STRETCHES FROM OCEAN TO OCEAN. UNITED BY FAITH, SCIENCE, AND SKULLFUCKING THE INFIDEL

I FORGOT MY FUCKING PICTURE

>Medieval and Renaissance are way over done.
>Posts fucking Renaissance

Try again.

Thats about 200 years behind the mark there, user.

Fuck, meant to tag Good thread clownfag

thanks

Bump for unique thread subject

So 7th Sea, and Kaos 1795. What else is tricorn fantasy?

Some parts of Warmachine/iron kingdoms, but the rest is kinda all over the place.

Awesome! Good to see the thread still going!

This reminds me, that I unabashedly enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, especially the last "spinoff" one. It does seem that both heavy fairytale themes or horror themes are the strongest in the genre. What else is there?

*PotC
*Sleepy Hollow (the Depp movie)
*The Bros. Grimm (a little late, but still good)
*Baron Von Munchausen

Its a dreadfully under appreciated tech/cultural setting.

It's a shame there's not more art out there. Pirate campaigns have so much potential.

>HEAR THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER

In my setting, gunpowder is replaced by an alchemical mixture called Sparkdust that was originally intended to become a sweetener. Now it's used as flintlock ammo and toppings for ice cream and deserts. It tastes like citrus and hazelnuts. Also, combination weapons are viable armoury and have taken off.

>Anyone ever heard or played pic related?
I've heard of it. If I'm not mistaken the gist of it is
>The Supreme Being is some otherworldly horror
>Napoleon is the BBEG
>Are you a bad enough dude to save the republic?
right?